NSA had computerized voice recognition in 1963

archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/144-10001-10203.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/144-10001-10210.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=IkeC7HpsHxo
dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/4291/RLE-TR-452-04744885.pdf?sequence=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

oh i'm absolutely sure it wasn't glitchy as hell and not so unreliable it was completely worthless to use

It doesn't really say that. They probably had low ranking people make transcripts by hand and then fed them to a computer to filter the information for the actual analysts.

Why not just have those people look for keywords while making a transcript?

I don't think so.

I doubt it was even that sophisticated. probably a listing or database of the recordings was kept but the actual recordings would have been on magnetic tape.

>tell computer to ctrl f for oswald
>1960s ctrl f's were speech recognition just like mine arent right now!
>oswald
>that second thing i just said
>not blue pilled

nigga what

Nowhere does it mention database, keyword or transcription. They do say that only those on tape can be computer analyzed. Wouldn't there also be transcripts made live or from tapes that were subsequently erased / reused that could be searched? Doesn't look like they are referring to text based searches.

Niger what

Shill short-circuit.

ECHELON

For clarity, this is the other doc screencaps are coming from:

archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/144-10001-10210.pdf

This is how I envisioned it.

Dear aunt,
let's set so double
the killer delete select all

nigga who

Something that you fuckin 'me, you little bitch? I know that I've completed my class and my company seals and has been involved in the murder of Al Quaeda and I are more than 300 confirmed kills. I trained my gorilla and just about the entire US military. You are not me, but only one goal. I wipe you and your fingers with precision never seen on this planet, I fucking with me. Do you think that you can get comfort me and tell me through the internet? Think again, the game. When I say, I will contact the secret network of spies around the US, and your IP now be crafted so that we can prepare for the storm. A storm that wipes devastating little you call your life. You die, kid. I can be in any place, at any time, and I can kill you over seventy, and that's just with bare hands. Not only did I do to be ready, but I hardly got into the whole arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and use it to wipe out a nasty ass and Africa, and less so on. If only you can know what an unpleasant suffer for your little "intelligent" and reveal to you, you will curse your tongue. But you can not, no, and now you are paying for the price, fucking idiot. I want to close you fear that you will lose it. You die, kid.

Clueless bluepilled retards
The government and above have the technology your tiny mind can't imagine. Typical normie behaviour, denying everything that challenges your idiotic worldview. This is why they can get away with anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=IkeC7HpsHxo

Heh thanks.

Exactly, the US govt didn't just start funding radio telescopes etc around the world because they were interested in aliens.

word recognition not voice recognition

>The government and above have the technology your tiny mind can't imagine.
Psy-Op.

Voice recognition never worked properly (as in working as accurate as when humans do it). Actually understanding speech, which is required for human-level speech recognition, requires actual artificial intelligence, which will probably never happen.

Spoken words.

i wouldn't go as far to say never but definitely not in the lifetimes of anyone participating in this thread right now

WORD-RECOGNITION COMPUTER PROGRAM
Bernard Gold
(Manuscript received April 14, 1966)

dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/4291/RLE-TR-452-04744885.pdf?sequence=1

Which is why I added "probably".
Fully agreed on lifetimes. Way way more likely that NATO will kill us all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceptron

"The perceptron algorithm was invented in 1957 at the Cornell Aeronautical Laboratory by Frank Rosenblatt,[3] funded by the United States Office of Naval Research.[4] The perceptron was intended to be a machine, rather than a program, and while its first implementation was in software for the IBM 704, it was subsequently implemented in custom-built hardware as the "Mark 1 perceptron". This machine was designed for image recognition: it had an array of 400 photocells, randomly connected to the "neurons". Weights were encoded in potentiometers, and weight updates during learning were performed by electric motors."

Where is the life extension techecology that they are hiding?

That's picture recognition.

It's all data and pattern recognition in the end.

Yes, that's always been the NSA's specialty. Voices.

Go back to /x/ kid. lifes just not that interesting

>which is on file.
>through a computer process
>name,aliases,addresses, contacts which we furnish nsa/which we give to nsa.
Well done genius.

Comparing two sound waves isn't a huuuge deal for a computer. It was kind of advanced for the 1960's, but nothing that would have seemed like science fiction.

We tend to underestimate the technological capabilities when talking about decades ago. For example, in 1963 color television had been already established and was in regular service, however we don't associate the early 1960's with color tv because it was expensive and only certain programs were broadcast in color.

Think of what nowadays the most top-of-the-line supercomputer systems can do, it's way more than you can do at home. Well, the same was true back then.

>A vital and far-reaching constraint is that of having the (speech recognition) machine recognize only disconnected words, rather than connected speech. Thus, the speaker utters a single word, the machine analyzes the word and tries to recognize the word by comparison against a stored vocabulary.

you literally linked a document that argues against your position, and for the OP's position.

we've had fourier analysis for centuries. This thread is classic 'perception control' for technologies of natsec interest. other popular projects subjected to this: star wars (80's), f-35, modern robotics. Engaging in perception control only makes you look more suspect for those that are aware.

Stratcom operators go straight to ignore mode once they've lost control.

I GUESS I AM SUPPOSED TO INFER FLAWLESS VOICE RECOGNITION EXISTS AND IS IMPLEMENTED BROADLY.

I wasnt arguing just showing theres public information that computer word recognition was available in the 60s. i also greatly expanded information on the single jpg that op posted

>undertaking a project means having that project working and completed