What Age Did You Grow Out Of Semitic Religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KGRuKdowkcM
newadvent.org/summa/1049.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=nDK5Z0FAU0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

0 I guess

Read the Book of Job

But I don't know Hebrew, rabbi

Without evil there is no good.

So god and heaven are evil? They existed before the world

By creating evil, he created what is good. A necessary evil you could say.

>if I feel sad sometimes, then God can't be real

god is you
you have knowledge of good and evil
you choose to do evil
therefore evil exists
you co-create reality
youtube.com/watch?v=KGRuKdowkcM

This, i'm not Christian but theres always gotta be a yin and yang system of good and evil

Grew in 18 year old

If god needs to create an evil to create a good then he is limited, thereby he is not omnipotent.

never indoctrinated into a religion as a child.

contemplated death at early age.

got over the idea that some universal entity cares at 21.

By free will you create the evil yourself. If you would not be able, that would not be the free will. And that is how you are created "in the image of God".

Mudslime understanding of allpowerfull God, that you are trying to push here, is what is unplausible actually. Because if God decided everything in advance, then this post is a prophecy, written by Allah himself and your mother will die today if you will not reply to that post with countersemitism.

>le "god doesn't exist/is evil because he doesn't respect my rules" argument
You are a limited being. We, as a species, don't know if our understanding of reality is correct, and you still go around throwing these sweeping statements?

Became an edgy atheist at 14 because everybody was like that.At 18 i started growing back into christianity.At 21 became achristian supremacist and been the same ever since.We should legalize burning on the pyre of atheists,muslims and other pagan larpers.

> thinks he is an opportunist developer
> traditional religions have built functional societies
> materialism has built nothing, but piles of dead bodies
> is serving satanist master in his mason lodge with proxy-kike as his superior

when i got diagnosed with schizophrenia and started seeing stuff that resembled old babylonian mythology

I dont disagree

Pretty young, asked my parents if I could stop going to church around 13. I'm 26 now, still consider myself an atheist. Religion just doesn't make logical sense outside of a convenient way to teach basic morals and make death not so bad.

God allows evil to exist according to *Christian* rules, so an atheist arguing from the problem of evil is just showing inconsistency in his opponent's system

> there are Christians helping other financially unfortunate whites by volunteering right now and you're shit posting Jewish trickery

What happened Rabbi? Why so butthurt?

This discussion has a long history.

Augustine says (QQ. 83, qu. 21), that, "God is not the author of evil because He is not the cause of tending to not-being." The supreme good is the cause of every being, the first principle of good is the highest and perfect good which pre-contains in itself all goodness. But there cannot be a supreme evil; because, although evil always lessens good, it never wholly consumes it; and thus, while good ever remains, nothing can be wholly and perfectly bad. Aristotle said (Ethic. iv, 5) that "if the wholly evil could be, it would destroy itself"
This site explains it in more details (i'm personally not Catholic but they have records of discussions from the past on this subject that are good):
newadvent.org/summa/1049.htm

I believe evil comes from actions rather than effects. The overall effect is good, even if we're only seeing the actions as not good. There is definitely more good in the world than evil, because things are still being, existing, not destroying itself; we can see this in nature, God is feeding the animals on the Earth. The good out weights the evil, even if we focus more on the little evil rather than the greater good.

Even if someone is skeptical about evil, that still doesn't disprove the existence of God:
youtube.com/watch?v=nDK5Z0FAU0s
I'm going to bed.

Firstly, things that are logically contradictory are not within the remit of God's omnipotence and never have been.
>t. Aquinas

Secondly, free will can only exist with degrees of separation between us and God, as its omnipotent and omniscient presence would cause us to fall into a deterministic orbit around it.

>tfw not even a Christian, just took entry-level philosophy

>not seeing the obvious symbolism
>taking a literary work ad literam

Go back to plebbit.

God might exist, doesn't mean it is concerned with us or our moral perceptions of good and evil. People are egomaniacs. We are the marginally more intelligent ape on a small planet in the middle of no where.

oh the futility of it all...

>Evil exists
Your argument literally collapses at your first sentence. Where is your proof 'evil' exists?

Nigga these are like toddler tier arguments.