Tell me about Ohio

Other urls found in this thread:

toledoblade.com/local/2017/09/29/Maumee-River-algae-brings-back-memories-of-2014-water-crisis.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I loved it. True American clay

Flyover state. Literally nothing of value there.

>clay
والعودة إلى Reddit

Been there once for a religous experience thing, there’s a place over there that has a pond the shape of a tear and some other things, geographically it was beautiful, would go again to visit more places.

Fuck off, we're full.

Right back at ya, bucko

The entire interstate is a speed trap

Really depends where you are. If you're in a rural area that's within an hour of a city, prepare for people who LARP as southerners just to feel like they aren't snobby european-wannabees. Think excessive camo, spotless pickup trucks, confederate flags, etc. If you're in a city, prepare for european-wannabees, black people, and suburban people who drove in for the day. As far as the suburbs go, it's mostly a mix of southern wannabees, and normal people. You can tell the upper middle class and lower middle class apart by their accent, which is sorta interesting. The lower middle class pronounces their I sound as an E, so "pin" becomes "pen". Probably the result of inbreeding.

Overall, though, the people are genuine. Even niggers will teach their kids to hold doors for strangers, which is worth appreciating. We like being important during election season, and we like that when the rest of the country thinks of the midwest, they think of Ohio.

People in southern Indiana and Ohio have stronger southern accents than kentucky does. It is fucking pathetic.

I like Ohio

t. Indiana

is Ohio kawaii?

I was making $80,000 a year there and quit because I hated Ohio so much and moved back to Michigan for a $30,000 a year job.

tell me about Ohio. Why does he wear the mask?

yeah, but it isn't a *real* Southern accent. It's hillbilly shit they learned by imitating Larry the Cable Guy. Only poorfags and idiots sound like that, outside of actual farmers. If you work somewhere that requires a college degree, you'll only ever hear it at restaurants.

*rightful Michigan clay

It ain't southern, it's Appalachian.

When I was a truck driver it annoyed me having to slow down; otherwise it was a gorgeous state.

it is nothing like a West Virginia accent though

Northern ohio is a shithole and absolutely miserable. (except for central, for obvious rollercoaster based reasons) Everything south of Columbus is about as american as life can get and I miss it dearly. I got transplanted to the rust belt in 5th grade and went back to visit recently. Apparently theres a drug problem, and obviously its a swing state that CAN go liberal, but besides that its just so much more wholesome and feels more free and easygoing than living in the northeast.

I never knew that news channels would actually report on highschool football, or that it was a big deal at all outside of the movies. Instead the homecoming football game was THE thing to be at, even for adults. Every little piss and shit town had some kind of festival going on. There was local culture and tradition in all these places, actual community. Albeit much less than what it was 15 years ago, back before everyone had a smartphone and would rather be at home playing video games than go to the park or the pool. Still.

Also sweetcorn was practically free if you bothered to befriend the local farmer, you could go and pick it straight from the field.

Everybody is from there, but nobody lives there.

>ohio
only true americans after pennsylvania. highest fertility rates in the usa, highest rates of testosterone. produces the most pro athletes.

Lots of Astronauts

fun fact, not only do many astronauts come from there, but the F117, B2 and B1 stealth aircraft were developed secretly on the GE campus.

It's an archaic accent from Northern Ireland that only exists here now

I was carried to Ohio in a swarm of bees
I'll never marry but Ohio don't remember me

During my childhood in the endless cornfields I remember the old farmers telling me about how they kept thinking there was UFOs flying around when they were testing all the stealth aircraft and flying them out of wright patterson

Some more assistance

37 year citizen of Ohio here. This is 100% correct and confirmed by Kek himself. Though there are some nice parts between Columbus and Cleveland too. Just look for anywhere that hasn't been taken over by "diversity" and is away from a liberal college. It's the kind of place that entire neighborhoods still keep their doors unlocked (and open) all night long on those crisp spring nights because there are no niggers about.

Also true. Ohio is unfortunately a black hole which no light can escape. Mostly due to depressed wages. The cost of living can be incredibly good here, but once you get comfy as fuck you can't afford to leave it. You can live like a king on one of the "gud jobs" paying $14/hr without a care in the world until you realize you can never afford to move, or that you'd take a massive downward hit to your lifestyle even accepting a $20+/hr job outside the state. People move, lured away by jobs offering their slaves more shekel, only to realize that they're still living worse than they were back home. Then they come back. I have. Twice. You never escape.

The accent is also true. It's apparently very unique to the state as well. It's weird traveling to anywhere in the country and having people just ask... "Are you from Ohio?" Because they can tell. It all just sounds normal to us.

ohioniggers get jumped in Michigan. Stay away

All directions use the town Walmart as a reference point.

>All directions use the town Walmart as a reference point.
... shit.

Lots of white trash and blacks. Those who were able to leave that part of the country did so already. The ones that are left are not the best of the country

Odd thing about WV accent, when I moved to Kentucky as a poor black child, the teachers kept wanting me to pronounce shit to show the other students a proper accent.

they're even making a documentary about it

>being this autistic

Greatest State in the US.

Like any of us wanna come to that shithole in the first place

They allow CC from every state. Enough said.
I haven't spent a ton of time there, but I enjoyed the time I did. Where I've been was clean, polite, helpful, religious, LOTS of truck stops on the highway. There does seem to be quite a bit of "fly over poverty" though, the kind as PA. I would move there if I had a job lined up.

Its shit. Don't come here. We're full. Michigan will take you but we sure as hell won't.

I was miserable. There was nothing to do. Sailing Lake Erie sucked and I was drinking too much.

>Pop

This guy knows

>a Texan letting his boots and shotgun be underwater
Fucking come ON man

Fuck off we're full

Opinions on Cincinnati? Was there for half a year and kinda liked it desu, reminded me of central europe (except for the druggies)

Shhhhhh dont let the normies know.

>drinking pop instead of Ski
Get on my level

Beautiful country and wonderful people. We struggled after the plants shut down, but survived and even grew. What might finally end us is the opiate crisis. My sister is an EMT, and she's constantly talking overdoses. No idea how to fix that, but when I constantly hear brave and strong latinos and blacks talking about gibs, I want to puke.

And as the other user said it's a giant speed trap.

Lots of depressed whites wasting away, lots of teens choosing H over the real world and losing their lives to it.
Ohio strikes me as a sad place, though going there to visit my Grandmother as a southerner myself, I was surprised at how openly 'raciss' a lot of people were.

You are right about the accents, there's also a problem pronouncing 'ow' sounds with the southern types, words like flower and shower end up sounding like flerr and sherr. Inbreeding is a good guess, racial purity is a must around here.

Also Clevelanders specifically pronounce 'ar' sound with a hard "ARRR" , think more like a pirate not a Bostonian R. Very unique

Unironically a nice place to raise a family. Job took me to NJ for 6 years but I was able to come back. I really learned to appreciate OH after living in that dystopian shithole.

It's round on the ends and hi in the middle. It's Ohio.

>toledo/cleveland
you fell for the meme

Small town central Ohio is comfy as fuck. Near 100% white, no crime, village traditions, super religious population, super conservative, street fair every summer, etc.

Southern Ohio Cleveland.

like Pennsylvania but awful

"It's clear down the road from here"

I think Ohio thanks you.

My brother in law lives there. He's a total numale and makes a healthy middle class lifestyle working at whole foods and being obsessed with artisan beers and has a "man cave", and cincinatti has a rivalry with the kentucky side.

pretty strange place and very unique

Of Ohio's major cities, which do you think is the least shit

I'm from Dayton and we apparently have the biggest heroine problem in the country. I guess Dayton really is the birth place of flight... but it's not all bad if you stay away from certain parts of the city. The down town is starting to take off. It has some very nice suburbs surrounding the city, but a lot more shitty suburbs. Dayton is full of blacks and white trash, but you'll meet some very down to earth people, even black people if you're looking in the right areas.

too far inland, it felt slightly suffocating. Comfy otherwise

Probably Dayton or Akron

Ohio is filled with junkies, shit roads, degenerates, and pussies. The Pennsylvanian Reich will invade soon enough.

It's round on the ends and high in the middle

I don't think you are an Ohioan because you don't know shit about what you are talking about.

worst drivers on the planet

We're slipping into the rust belt, corn fields, abandoned factories, and heroin. Dayton is the heroin capitol of the u.s.

Cleveland, but you need to define "Shit". Because they all have good and negative aspects.

There is only one city in Ohio that is not shit
McArthur
McClure's is the greatest 50's style diner left in the world as far as I'm concerned, if you're ever that way you really should stop by.

A depressing backwards shithole just like any region in the US that isn't NY, SF or LA.

Cleveland suburbs are flourishing for the most part and an excellent place to raise a family. Community is still a thing and people are super friendly.

Toledo here. It's a shit hole. Poor education, daily murders, low wage jobs, failing infrastructure, housing values dropped by 50% since 2008. Run by Dems forever.

Oh yeah, our drinking water is tainted with poisonous algae from farm run-off. Our local river was green for a month. No business with any sense at all is going to come here. We had 3 days without drinking water in 2014.
toledoblade.com/local/2017/09/29/Maumee-River-algae-brings-back-memories-of-2014-water-crisis.html

Only positive is we build Jeeps here. The glass industry left a long time ago and went to China.

Found the Arab.

You fucking wish you could take over us.

Lived in Ohio my entire life. No opportunity, lots of nignogs, lots of junkies. Southern Ohio is pretty, but the people in Ohio are of no use to the human gene pool. Oh, and formal wear consists of pajama bottoms and a hoodie.

>toledo
flee south

The cities suck.
The rest can be aight.

Fall is very pretty here.
Winter sucks.

>Oh, and formal wear consists of pajama bottoms and a hoodie.
LARPing scum
You would be run out of Vinton county for dressing that way

most astronauts come from Ohio little faggot

Anyone else notice that this website has an overwhelming number of people from Ohio?

>drinking ski instead of skeet
nigfam, i...

Central Ohio is pretty good, but Northwestern and Northeastern Ohio is a nigger and spic infested drug filled hellhole. I live in Northeastern Ohio, and it is shit compared to the rest of the state.

>"Tell me about.. Ohio."
I can't unhear those words from that fucker from Mel Gibson's "The Patriot"
FUUUUUCK

He's right though, the Montgomery area has a shit ton of people who dress like this

Well, here in Allen county, it is the norm.

Ohio comic book stores were a hotbed of anime fans and the first VHS anime fansubbers in the 90's for some reason

Buckeyebros. Name your top 3 favorite cities and attractions
Cleveland
Akron
Columbus

Cedar point
Put in bay
Lakeshores

Read
Ohio is a shit whole ripe for raping and repatriating into PennReich territory. You pussies just nod off all day and need to be re-educated and absorbed.

Only the Appalachian part of the state matters to me
The rest of you are on your own

columbus

>winter sucks
oh noooo 3 inches of snow and it starts in late november and lasts until march!

>wny
>starts in mid october
>goes until mid may
>10 feet average snowfall
dont

Were also filled to the brim with tanks, bombers, and experimental technology. You can't take over Ohio. Ohio takes over you.

I vacation with family in the middle of nowhere on the based upper peninsula. But yeah, the further south, the shitholier it gets

>cities
GAS THEM ALL

>attractions
COSI
Cedar Point
Hocking Hills

Cincinnati
Columbus
Akron

Lake Erie
Cedar Point
Beautiful Outdoors in general.

your relatives built Ohio, kraut. We are your handywork.

Those are property of Pennsylvania, you lazy HO's would never work hard enough to win the battle.

Southeastern Ohio, lots of hicks or hick wannabes, oil drilling wage cucks, drugs, some mud people, and BORING AS FUCK!

fuck astronauts, always goin to space and shit

what has space ever done for me?