Its time to address toxic masculinity

My personal view is that all masculinity is, in essence, toxic.

Masculinity is an entirely social construct. Some will tell you that depending on a human's biological sex, their behavior will be different, but the truth is the behavioral differences we see between "males" and "females" is entirely caused by society. Not 99% caused by society, but 100%. And unfortunately the result has been a society in which males completely dominate over females. Therefore, the entire concept of masculinity is toxic. You are free to disagree, but that's the way I see it. We can only achieve true equity in a society if masculinity (and femininity) don't exist.

Other urls found in this thread:

norasamaran.com/2016/02/11/the-opposite-of-rape-culture-is-nurturance-culture-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Masculinity stems from:

Boys being allowed to play rough with other boys, but girls told to stop when getting involved

Boys watching TV and seeing older males behave in certain ways, which they then go on to copy

Boys being given "practical" clothes (this subconsciously puts young boys in a mindset that they need to work and be practical throughout life)

Girls being given "beautiful" clothes (this subconsciously puts young girls in the mindset that they need to look pretty, and even worse if makes the boys think that the purpose of girls is to stand there and look pretty)

Girls wearing makeup, and styling their hair (similar effects to the previous point)

Comic books and video games always involving a male hero who has to save a girl (this puts boys in the mindset that girls aren't capable to saving themselves, and that girls are there to be "won", as a prize)

Likely every single facet of your life comes down to masculinity.

Thinking of getting a military hair cut? Why? Because that's the "masculine" hair cut to have? If you want to address your masculinity, try growing your hair long.

Thinking of weight-lifting to grow your muscles? Why? Because all the guys on TV have muscles? Don't do it, ignore the propaganda.

Going to the male section in clothes shops? Why? Because that's what society says men have to wear? Don't. Wear unisex clothes, or women's clothes instead. Or even make your own (you're told as a boy that knitting isn't masculine, well guess what, it's actually quite fun and relaxing)

Have an urge to "help a woman out"? THINK before you act. Does she need your help? She most likely can do just fine on her own. If she needs help, she will ask you! She's an adult, just like you are.

As a general rule, if you want to deal with (toxic) masculinity, fascists are a great example of what NOT to do. Don't dress like them, don't have their haircuts, don't have their physique, don't have their personalities, if they like/do something, then you should probably do the opposite, they are the complete personification of toxic masculinity.

I hope this helps at least 1 person who's reading. This is just my opinion, but I don't see any distinction between toxic masculinity and masculinity. Masculinity shouldn't even exist. Children shouldn't be raised with any concept of differences between masculine and feminine.

I am very happy to see people wanting to improve themselves, and I wish everybody the best.

low quality bait

Nice pasta, retard.

Only a low T soyboy could possibly believe such utter horseshit. Normal men are born to lead, with a will to dominate, and a tolerance for risk which is observed in their play behaviors from infancy on. Do you have children? Do you not see the differences yourself if you have a boy and girl close to the same age?

How's the hrt?

Why are primates led by the strongest and most orderly male?

Lol what a bunch of none sense

>normal men a re born to lead
see thats false, id want a girl to lead, maybe tie me up and put me in my place. Im just trying to give back because of my whiteness. I recommend we all do that. By being a man in charge and if your white you are making women, miniseries, and other sexualitties insecure The whiteman should step down and

read this
norasamaran.com/2016/02/11/the-opposite-of-rape-culture-is-nurturance-culture-2/

Tits or GTFO

Why do lions rule over lionesses? Is that a social construct?

im a cistrans-womenmale

Yet feminists love it in bed.

typical man, trying to take everything away from women

It's not a problem as much these days because masculinity is going away. I am 5ft 5inches and have a 3 inch dick. I am in my 20s now, but I remember high school. In gym class all the white kids were about my height, and were also small in the pants. The tallest and most athletic kids were the black and mexicans ones.

I remember when we were showering, they would always compliment the white kids on our asses, and make fun of us because we didn't have as much body hair. One time a black kid slapped the ass of one of the whites that was showering and the poor kid blushed hard and got an erection, everyone laughed at him. It sounds worse than it is, I honestly have no complaints tho, it's kind of fun to have smooth skin and long hair. I developed a trap fetish in school thanks to this site. It's nice being androgynous.

no, faggot. toxic masculinity will address YOU sooner or later, either we will do it semi-peacefully or muhammad and ahmed will teach you how to fly

Take your perceptions and shove them up your ass, which is apparently where you like it.

there's some parts of masculinity that's toxic

same could be said about femininity

both are like ying and yang you need both

This is bait, but it makes me kinda sad(and favorable to eugenics) to know some people, somewhere, really think this shit

Just remember, rape is a social construct.

(Remember to put Sage in all fields on slide threads.)

Remember to sage AND HIDE all slide threads

SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS

>My personal view yadda yadda commie gay bullshit

MY personal view is that you, m8, are a cringing gay pussy - and I'd fuckin knock your piss-stained teeth right out

I have a problem, OP

Thank you for the tips on how to be un-masculine. It's appreciated, and if I ever need to learn more on how NOT to be a man, you're the first person I'll go to.

But your argument is missing a few necessary pieces.

>Masculinity is a social construct
>Masculinity has created a society in which men dominate completely over women
>Therefore masculinity must be gotten rid of to achieve true equality

I, too, believe masculinity is a social construct.
I, too, believe masculinity favors men for more dominant roles
I, too, believe that if we didn't recognize masculinity and femininity we would have (gender) equality

But is that something we ought to do?
Could it be good for society to have such constructs in place?
Could it be a necessary evil?

Every society in the world is hetero-normative.
Every society in the world affirms masculine and feminine social constructs (even though some attributes of each change from culture to culture).
You can find places in the world where men and women are considered equal.
But there are very few, if any, which consider them, and the usual roles they play in society, exactly the same.

Those are just some facts
But why are there only societies which include such social constructs?

Either
A) These constructs are not biological in nature, and were created artificially. Somehow they helped (or at least didn't harm) society, and persist to this day, whereas those who did not have these constructs (if any) did not survive, indicating that societies with these artificial constructs operate better for them, or at least operate better than they would without them

OR

B) These constructs are in fact biological, or related in some way to biology, and therefore all societies, from the Iroquois to the Babylonians, had such social constructs; it was inevitable, because they are part of human nature, rooted in our DNA.

Citation needed

There are other arguments to be made, such as the effects that your proposition would have on the family, the fundamental unit of a functioning society, from which the next generations, the future of the society, would come. But my first big problem is as above;
>Why have all successful societies in history affirmed that males and females do and ought to have different roles?

I also consider it irresponsible to state that these constructs are in no way due to biology.
EVEN IF humans in the beginning were not inherently different, through the many thouands of years in which they have existed in such "oppressive" societies, it is logical to presume that the traits society favors (for men it would be "masculinity" which entails strength, courage, a sense of duty, responsibility for the family's well-being) would become more common in the society.

Think of it like this:
Society places importance on masculinity
Men, in turn, to reproduce, strive to be more masculine
As they become more masculine, society's "base-line" for masculinity is more extreme
As the baseline gets more extreme, the men follow it
It's a feedback-loop. You get what I'm saying?

>look at me goyim, i am the hacker named Sup Forums

So many replies to this SLIDE THREAD!

The Jew will win because the right are stupid enough not to call out SLIDE THREADS.

>testosterone is a social construct
4 u

>t. some guy who's never taken a biology class

Right? Leftybitch needs to lift every now and then

So, dick pic then

>flag
>opinion discarded

Forgot to /sage !

Not even worth replying too, if not baot youre too low IQ
Kys, no hope for you either way

you're a bad troll