Hinduism General

>What is hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtu.be/J5B1wKHT_hY
i.imgur.com/xg5hute.jpg
youtu.be/I9aR_xfm-gE
youtu.be/j7Zyd00n3yM
mythfolklore.net/india/orientation/content_2.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=QN41DJLQmPk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>introduction to Hinduism for westerners
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>MAHABHARATA by C Rajagopalachari
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY 13

Ramayana anime is great.

Mario Bros is based on that story. Bowser is the main bas guy, his kids are in it too, yoshi is hanuman, peach is the princess, etc

Kek

It is a contradictory bunch of balderdash with a whole lot of hooey thrown in.

>Nippon

Ramayana: The Legend of Prince Rama (ラーマヤーナ ラーマ王子伝説 Rāmayāna: Rāma-Ōji Densetsu) is a 1992 Indo-Japanese traditional animation feature film directed by Yugo Sako and Ram Mohan,

youtu.be/J5B1wKHT_hY

Shaivist user reporting in. How was your Diwali?

Pretty good

>oldest religion in the world

Sure, if you count the PIE religion from which it descends as "hinduism" I agree.

Bump.
Hinduism is the closest religion alive today to the original religion of the Aryans, who brought civilization to the world.

Hare krishna.

Hinduism is much more older than the PIE people

Lol let’s be like India cause no rules cumm daddies yay

Your own OP's claim about the age of Hinduism (which is much older than even the Vedic relion) disagrees with what you just said. 4000 BC was AFTER the PIE people appeared. Which is why I assumed you were talking about their religion rather than hinduism. For some reason Indians love to vastly overstate the age and continuity of their culture and invoke some conspiracy in the archeological community to hide the true age of Hinduism when their claims come into question.

The Vedas are atleast 10,000 years old and it won't be the first time the archaeological community tried to push a narrative through

I don't disagree that it's a good idea to question the archeological community, but I just think there's a tendency among Indians, out of prejudice rather than any actual knowledge of historical reality, to reject the idea that European Paganism and the Vedic religion were sisters that shared an origin in the IE people. And again this thing with claiming massively inflated dates shows up in your post here where you say 10K years when the Rigveda appeared like 2K years ago. I would love to know where you get this 8K year disparity from

Hindusim , the oldest religion of 9500 BC, has survived all such onslaughts and will survive and thrive against all odds.

The Mittani Indo-Aryan language is considered older than Vedic or Avestan because it has aika instead of eka. Vedic is supposed to to have merged ai to e and hence is considered younger. But if you take the word for seven in Mittani - satta, it is considered to be much later than Vedic. So some folks believe that this dating based on selectively chosen words cannot be trusted fully.

If you look at the Avestan and Vedic language you see that 'h' in one language has been renamed as 's' in another. There are people like Rajesh Kochchar and Romila Thapar who believe that the Vedic people migrated from the Haraxvati (Saraswati) region in Afghanistan and not the mythical Saraswati flowing underground through Rajasthan. It seems this replacing 's' with 'h' is prevalent in some parts of Rajasthan and Assam even today. One point of view is that it is not possible to find which one came first based on language traits.
The seventh mandala of the Rigveda records the vernal equinox in Mrigashira Constellation pointing to a date around 4000 BCE - a fact noted by Jacobi and Tilak.

Again several Shulba Sūtrās declare that a pole star is visible. Since a visible pole star occurs only at certain epochs, such a citation gives a normal range of dates for that event. The astronomical dates put the dates before 4000BC.

That puts us at at least 6017 year ago.

The likely authors of the Vedas are the Haarpans

Bhagwan Singh, an avid writer on the Indus Valley civilisation, sees the entire Harappan ecology in the Rig Veda. He chides those who have been "using both their brains and chair to save the Vedic Aryans from the Harappan authorship". Now we have a continuous history of the Indian continent from 7000 BC.

>Haarpans finds.

Take Mehrgarh in Balochistan as an example. This site is clearly 9,500 years old. New carbon-dating technology has suggested a 12,000-10,000 year timeline for Mehrgarh. Did Mehrgarh and Mohenjo Daro come after Rakhigarhi? Surely no one is going to buy such an assumption in a hurry.

Harappa itself is an early period find, that being 3,000 BCE or 5,000 years plus old. The other finds in Pakistan, and more recently in Afghanistan, point to a stable agro-based settlement people 4,500 BCE or 6,500 years ago.
Hence we arrive at the date of around 10,000 years.

except Hinduism was derived from Buddism dumb ass.

How much do the Hindi typically hate the Christians?

You mean the other way around, santana dharma was the basis of buddha's dharma, or dhamma in prakrit.

Typically not all that much, secretly a lot

>2k years ago

4K years*

You are conflating the age of the Indus-Valley with the age of Hinduism itself. I don't claim that the Indus Valley civilization is younger than PIE, but rather that the Vedic religion is a consequence of cultural flow from the PIE people into the Indus Valley (originally falsely thought to be an invasion, due to its coincidence with the decline of the Indus Valley). As far as I am aware the actual beliefs of the Indus people are not actually reconstructed and are entirely speculative. Most people suppose the Vedic religion is a spiritual merger of the pre-existing patriarchal Indus religion and the also patriarchal PIE religion.

Buddhism derived from Hinduism.

I knew a Christian Indian, they seem to not associate much with the Hindus and national pride and hatred of Pakis apparently overrides spiritual differences in many cases

>atleast 10,000 years old
The west, vatican,and the abrahamic religions are always out to set the timestamp to fit their own agenda of a worldview.

Other way around genius, the Buddha was literally born a Hindi prince.

I still like the streetshitters more that vargcuck lvl Pagans
I know a major amount is shills, but the real ones are just as bad

As the Vedas were oral knowledge for thousands of years i'm taking in consideration a lot more than afw of civilisation as evident with astrological events, and I believe 8n the shared heritage tge WE WUZ Hwhite narrative is what I don't agree with

We have to use their tools against them, it's 10,000 years today in the near future they might finally understand nature of human existence

>vargcuck lvl Pagans

Usually when tempLARPs say this they mean basically anybody who has read and agrees with Evola's analysis of the decline of tradition.

>WE WUZ

I'm not we wuzzing. Indus Valley was dravidian, the cultural flow from the PIE people was exactly that, and not genetic.

This is also another factor I have neglected to consider. Modern humans existed during the ice age when the sea level was much lower. I believe a significant amount of archeological history is hidden under the ocean. Much more ancient European, Asian and Mesoamerican civilizations probably exist and were wiped out in, if you believe Graham Hancock, some kind of spontaneous cataclysm towards the end of the last interglacial.

So it's flat, is that what you're saying?

High fructose corn syrup is eating your brain!

Burger education!

You do know that subliminal messages are designed to target your mind.

Clear your subconscious
Open your consciousness

Try this whiteboy: i.imgur.com/xg5hute.jpg

Brown Aryans are on much more advanced spaceship then you!

>Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world

>organized religion

>organized

Except it isn't. Anyone can worship as they please, there is no co-ordination, no central body of priests that sanction one type of teaching and call other types heresy.

Templarps get pretty annoying, and a lot don't know shit about the Templars, or even the meanings of Christ, so it all adds up to a big fucking 'EW'

As much as I believe that non-Christ religions are ran by demons & whatnot, the Asian religions are bretty fucking good, and stay true to the "don't be a fucking asshole" ideals, and I love that dearly for what they are

I hope the actual peaceful religions (Buddhism sects,and Christ sects) can become closer one day, and get lovingly hate each other in a good way

A central body isn't a requirement for a organized religion

What do they actually practice and how do they approach the world? I mean, predictions and history lessons are fun, but how do they live?

>non-Christ religions are ran by demons & whatnot

And conversely, Paganism and other traditional religions view Christianity as a product of the works of lower spiritual entities and forces, as can be seen in its exaltation of the lower castes, connected both by spirit and nature to baser matters, above any other. The traditionalist conceptualizes humanity as falling, from a spiritual height to the depths of depravity and materialism, which is the source of the anti-Christian sentiment among pagans. I admit a lot of pagans can be just as annoying and ignorant as tempLARPS, though, because they jump on the anti-Christian bandwagon not for spiritual reasons but because of hedonistic and nihilistic tendencies within themselves they seek the abandonment of values in general, rather than the restoration of the appropriate master-slave morality relationship.

As long as other religions aren't doing stupid shit, like killing their kids, eating feces, sexing up animals, and screaming 'FUKAN CRUSTCAWKS" I'm pretty neutral towards them, and typically the ones that aren't doing that stupid shit are also the safe/good ones

I think theres just as much politics in the spiritual world, as there is in the regular world, such as thinking that the conception of Hell was an inside job (cuz where else you gonna put bad guys?)
'We were made in God's image" ever so proves itself to be correct, and in many more ways than just one

As I've seen Christianity spread first hand most of allegation that the pagan larpers have are true 9d Christianity

We believe we are living in the dream of a cosmic consciousness and we need to escape the cycle of life and death by performing our duty
This too

It's the same thing. Hinduism is not organised and everyone's free to follow any path of worship. If we go by that logic then every indian state follows There own version if hinduism. There is no distinction between 4000 years old vedic faith and current hinduism. The only significant difference is that in ancient times the yajna was prevalent and temple system came after 5 BC

I am born in an Hindu family and its a Faggot religion.
Fuck Hinduism.

>>plebbit

youtu.be/I9aR_xfm-gE
youtu.be/j7Zyd00n3yM

>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
WHY DIDN'T YOU LISTEN? ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS STOP EATING THE GRAIN JEW

A contradictory grouping of ideas with no real authority.
A real Aryan has focus and knows what he believes.

you intrigued me with this thread i wonder how you interact with other religions

Damn I have to go back to doing that method again.

Hinduism is a fake religion.

the word hindu came from "indus" (indus river), people who live south of indus are hindu and other side are sindhu, that's all it is to hinduism.

The shit all these pooniggers saying ("hinduism"/"hindutva") is nothing but compilation of already existing 100s of cultures and mythology.

Brahmin = jews, they claim to be aryan, anyway these jews are nothing but cow-piss loving cucks .

Buddhism is one true religion of india, the idea of yog/yoga was already existed in india way before brahmin/jewish mixtapes(hindutva, ramayana) were launched.

Anyone who understand the evolution of a religion would know that hinduism is nothing but shit.

Not to mention as an institution Hinduism does not give a flying fuck about anybody other then Hindu (can't blame them for that really). It is foolish for a white men to be dedicated to faith that cares not about your future and future of your people.

>Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.
Then what is hinduism?

I respect all religion but if you start killing and hurting the innocents in the name on it then you can go fuck yourselves.
That being said, religion is a thing you can put your blame on when something goes wrong in your life. But it also provides people for something to hold on to, gives them hope for better future even thought it's only real in their mind.
So carry on my religious friends. Be happy.

Hinduism is the reason India is where it's at right now.
Buddhism is the only way of nation-wide stability.

If you suffer from negative thoughts or bad habits (video games, dope, "I am worthless" - offer them to Kali. She will gladly consume them for you.

>Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships
>Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga
Kali Yuga must have started during the 60s. What do you think?
>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
Tax havens, greece

>Hinduism is much more older than the PIE people
is not hinduism the result of indus valley civilization and other indian suncontinent societies + PIE?
>Hinduism is the closest religion alive today to the original religion of the Aryans, who brought civilization to the world.
In Europe the closet with be Baltic Paganism.

That always bugged me about Hinduism. If a nature is so sacred to them (mainly talking about their holy Rivers) why they are destroying it so much? Not only that but through this they destroy themselves to an extention.

>The Vedas are atleast 10,000 years old
Why?
>Haarpans
How is their DNA identified?

>Typically not all that much, secretly a lot
What does Hindus have against christians?
>WE WUZ Hwhite narrative is what I don't agree with
The indo european conquerors of india mixed with the conquered creating todays indians. That is the western view.
>We have to use their tools against them, it's 10,000 years today in the near future they might finally understand nature of human existence
Describe human existance to me.
>This is also another factor I have neglected to consider. Modern humans existed during the ice age when the sea level was much lower. I believe a significant amount of archeological history is hidden under the ocean. Much more ancient European, Asian and Mesoamerican civilizations probably exist and were wiped out in, if you believe Graham Hancock, some kind of spontaneous cataclysm towards the end of the last interglacial.
Doggerland in the north sea is the most known flooded former land area in europe.
>A central body isn't a requirement for a organized religion
Then what is neceassary?

hinduism is shit

This

Vaishnava reporting in.

POO

The ancestors of Europeans wrote the vedas though.

The thunder god with horns was worshipped by all ancient peoples.

>meme flag
Proof they are all poos.

No I forgot about my meme flag DDD': only 2% poo desu. I've been tested.

india is where it's at because it's a developing country where agricultural and medical advancements from the west boosted the population faster than they were able to grow their society. as far as buddhism, i don't know. the only asian nations worth a shit are the ones that the usa built up

Red pill yourself on Hinduism. Read about the Ram Rajya Yatra and the Ram Janmabhoomi incident with the Ayodhya temple. The beef ban lmao and tell me how great the cow religion is lol

I watched Ramayana
can you tldr the Mahabharata for me?

true or untrue, it is your culture. And your culture informs who you are as a people
Do you disagree?

Race war between the Pandavas and Kauravas. Has a bunch of stories all coming to make one big war. Important chapter is the Gita. mythfolklore.net/india/orientation/content_2.htm

I'm American born and raised then moved to India a few years ago. Maybe there was a cultural renaissance but not much

ACTUALLY it does have an origin and it stems from the PROTO-INDO-EUROPEANS. When they went and settled northern India they brought their customs and ways with them, the native indians knew they where better than them, the White proto-indo europeans became the rulers and that is where the class system originated in India. North Indians will often times call themselfs Aryan. If you go there today you will notice the same symbols as the ancient Aryans used (proto-indo-europeans) swastikas and the 3 dot's symbol. The Ancient Aryans are the ones behind Yoga and had their own names for the shakra's.

So that means you are probably very wealthy, you can be a leader to your community in your homeland

But your culture is more than just your beliefs, it is larger than one person. It is a movement among many
You know how crowds manifest their own mass consciousness. This is the consciousness of your people.

Where does vishnu poo?

Well then study the HAPLOGROUPS of the INDIANS and see that they inherited the MAJORITY OF THEIRS FROM EUROPEANS

and the further North you go, the stronger the European genetics. (white genes)

It is well known that the proto-Europeans integrated and ruled over the native Indians.

STOP BUMPING THE POO THREAD

it's bretty interesting how sanskirt is also related to greek and latin

Oh ok sorry

Another cumskin we wuzzing. No surprise here.

have you seen this?

youtube.com/watch?v=QN41DJLQmPk