Is this the worst generation in history?

Is this the worst generation in history?

Other urls found in this thread:

fraser.stlouisfed.org/files/docs/publications/histstatus/hstat_1957_cen_1957.pdf
infogram.com/literacy-rate-1800-1900-1g8djp9geyzk2yw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The worst generation in history would be the one that fought to free the slaves.

Yes. 100% , no competition

Yes. They only really needed to do two things as a generation
>Keep the place mostly white.
>Keep marriage as a respected institution.
They fucked up both.

God only knows what was really going on back then...
How the fuck did Northerners get so whipped up that they actually sent standing armies into the south?

I can fully understand defending your home area from aggressors (probably the common southern mans viewpoint of the time) but to take up arms and attack your fellow white? Why?

greed
tax money
political bullshit

lincoln was a traitor

Nope. Millenials are, followed by hugbox generation. You got your safespace, stop whining about it. Pic related.

Is the jews. Look at the jew population between the north and the south and as well the jew involvement with the slave trade.

Daddy issues: the post.

I never could understand why "hippies" grew up to be the greediest fucks to exist.

Don't worry guys, generation Zyklon is almost there.

Worst

>implying that the people handing out the trophies and the people talking shit are the same ones

well for some of us they were our parents and their peers

>implying it's not a gaslit doublethink mindfuck long-con by the trophy shop

100% accurate

Isn't it obvious?
>Free love
>Everything should be free
>More gibs

Greed is, largely, unchecked selfishness. Everyone is selfish, but most responsible people can check themselves to make sure it isn't excessive. Hippies never learned self-control.

>well for some of us they were our parents and their peers
That's like saying you agree with everything your peers do because you're all the same generation.

Dividing people by generation is arbitrarily defined bullshit anyway.

>dividing people by generation is arbitrary
Not today pedo scum

>south wants to secede
>north says "no"
Despite what contemporary propaganda tells you, it wasn't about slavery. The north was happy to let the south keep their slaves as long as they didn't secede

lol most of those things you can do now

especially getting a house in your 20s with a standard 9-5

easily doable

That doesn't wash, what was the impetus for secession, then?

Hey what if you like, got a job? Maybe you could finally move out.

>UGH DAD THERE ARE LITERALLY NO JOBS, TYPICAL BOOMER!

Millennials are by far the worst generation. Boomers weren't intentionally "ruining the world" or whatever the fuck you try to blame them for.

t. millennial

ITS YOUR FAULT IM LIKE THIS DAD!!

Probably is in most cases desu

Because we fucking attacked Fort Sumter and started the war

Trade policy, tariffs and taxes. Many in the north did also want the south to give up slavery, but Lincoln would have been happy to let them keep their slaves as long as they didn't secede

Keep working, you young larping asshole furry buttplug wearing foot sniffers. My social security check and retirement income needs you to do so. Fuck you shitbirds and your fucking whining! If you could keep your hands off your dicks and put them on a shovel you could get a real income instead of doing "product reviews" online for nickels.

You believe all of those grievances firmly rooted in the present day economy arose independent of slavery?

Yes. They normalized divorce, feminism, and the working woman. This perversion of order lead to base-0 being an assumed 2 income household. This lead to children of white families being raised by minority househelp and bureaucrats. Christian tradition took a back seat to modern progressivism as women needed social validation for their selfish decisions. The working woman also lead to the husbands sharing responsibility for housework, which further emasculated the American male. It is only through Christian Orthodoxy that America might overcome the damage done by generations of godless selfish degenerates.

You dumb fuck. Fort Sumter was never officially opened. The Yankee commander of Fort Moultrie, in the middle of the night, illegally occupied it six days after South Carolina seceded. They were fired upon when the North attempted to reinforce it.

Lincoln's hands were tied. The president of a nation can't just let half of the country leave without a fight, no matter the circumstances of their rebellion.

It still doesn't make sense. For fucks sake the common man in 1860 was ILLITERATE. None of the political shit would have made any sense at all to him. You can't convince me with long essays because long essays sure as fuck arn't what convinced the men back in those times.
Southern mans view: Invaders = grab gun to defend area.
Northern mans view: I need to travel south and shoot whites? WTF?

Those grievances were firmly rooted in the different economic development between the regions, and slavery was a manifestation of this. I'm not saying that it didn't matter at all, I'm saying that the secession was a bigger reason

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause."The Collected Works of Abraham Lincolnedited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388.

>Be me.
>Raised by Depression-Era Grandparents after being raised by ultra-Liberal Mother who went mental.
>Identify as Gen X/Yuppie Republican
>Watched and learned. Got Red pilled.
Now i see where my tax dollars went, who wants MY taxes spent and where THEY want it spent.
>Realize what REALLY is the worst generation..(hint) It's all of them.

Same thing that drove the american revolution, and is driving brexit, calexit and catalexit. Combination of taxes and economic and cultural differences.
The slave holders had been winning major victories in the supreme court (e.g. Dredd Scott) so that wasnt the reason. But the northern states had set up the tax codes to favor manufacturing over agriculture, and the cultural differences which had been large at the time of union had since gotten to the point where the south just couldnt stand the sneering and shitting coming from the north any longer.
This thing about the war being about slavery happened after the war. Mind you the confederacy had stronger antislavery laws than the north - the confederate constitution banned the importation of slaves. And lincolns famous emancipation proclamation didnt actually free any slaves because (a) it was unconstitutional at that time (b) it was only an executive order and he didnt have the authority (c) the proclamation only applied to confederate states which did not follow US law even if it were constitutional and authorized.

>be northern man
>be loyal American
>southern half of America rebels and tells Yankees to go fuck themselves
>president says we can't let rebels take half the country from us
>join up to take back rightful union clay
Makes sense to me desu

Why not? They are still your kin, you would still trade with them.
Countries in Europe could break up peacefully why couldn't Americans?

>Northern mans view: I need to travel south and shoot whites? WTF?
The political leadership wanted to keep the US intact (I would have done the same in their place). To do this they needed to fight. Soldiers follow orders, if not for a higher cause then for money and/or fear of punishment. Where Linc really failed is that he didn't solve the race question. AFAIK his plan was to ship them all back to Africa, but he eventually decided it was too expensive

Their parents and grandparents were far worse
Prove me wrong

Reminder that generation wars is a capitalist divide and conquer tactic.

Reminder that "capitalist" is a made up marxist term

A lot of northerners were motivated by Andrew Jackson's ideal of a single unified nation. This is explicitly stated by many soldiers in their letters, which there are a plethora of. The intelligentsia of the day feared that the successful secession of the south would lead to a domino effect that would reduce the USA to a disorganized clump of bickering states.

There were some who fought for abolition, but these people were in the minority, and they certainly didn't advocate for racial equality as leftists might suggest. The impetus for abolition in those days was oriented around Christianity (it's considered sinful to enslave another Christian). The romanticized view of northern soldiers as acting nobly on behalf of blacks is a modern fiction. Likewise, the view of southern soldiers fighting because they were insecure and afraid of a world where blacks were their equals is also a modern fabrication.

Those who've taken the time to read the letters and journals of soldiers on both sides will note that as they progress deeper into the war, all that ideological talk fades away, and you see a lot more frantic jotting of notes and "I miss you" type letters, not mournful ahead-of-their-time martyrdom pleas for odious Marxist ideology.

All Americans reading this thread, but especially southerners, should consider it a moral duty to become at least reasonably educated on the civil war. Leftists continue to perpetuate false narratives about the civil war in an effort to justify progressive policies. They use it as a cudgel to beat White America into submission. Don't let them.

Europe has lots of white countries on its continent, why can't the American continent have lots of white countries?
There were 13 colonies and some other stuff at one point. Why are Americans so obsessed with unifying the north American continent into one country.
I wouldn't die for that. If my neighboring countries were still Anglo or Germanic or even french I wouldn't care. I woulden't force them to be part of my domain.

the decadence era late 90s/early 2000s young adults are the worst out of pure hubris, but boomers are totally responsible for the fucked up nature of our housing and job markets right now.

In history? No. In the history of modern western civilization? Yes, definitely

>All Americans reading this thread, but especially southerners, should consider it a moral duty to become at least reasonably educated
nuff said

What are Millennials

It's not that easy. First of all, it's debatable if a divided US could ever have had the kind of influence as it does today. But more importantly, the middle of US is the breadbasket of the whole country. It's a very important region for farming, and they use Missisippi river to transport goods. Missisippi flows through the south, which means the the north would have lost control of the most important river in the country, one that is, AFAIK, responsible for much of their food deliveries and a huge boon for commerce.

Besides, it's not like the all-white nations of Europe haven't had a massive amount of wars between themselves

Thx. It makes a little more sense now. Although 'bickering states' would have had cultures and richness of their own.
Look at the 'diversity' of the European states, it's beautiful. Italy is so different from England, each countries natural terrain and climate seem to influence their culture.
Would it have been so bad if that collage had repeated itself on the North American continent?

I can honestly attest to this. I graduated from college in the early 2000s and have cut off almost all contact with the friends that I made there.

Just a bunch of brain dead hedonists and narcissists addicted to the holier-than-though virtue signalling and grandstanding of the liberal elite. Basically they're the anal leakage of the hippie generation.

And America is more powerful than each of those small nations. We can never accomplish greatness if we're so disunited.

One nation under god, indivisible. And until someone proves it wrong, that's how it will stay

>Mind you the confederacy had stronger antislavery laws than the north
Slavery was literally illegal in the north, retard hick

Traitors go to the gallows

Baby boomers are shit. Let's genocide before they die of old age.

>Is this the worst generation in history?
No.
Yours will.
Because all you do is whine and bitch about your life sucks because of someone else.
Just kys. We're tired of you pussies.

also half of our nation was totally undeveloped at that point and the fed gov't wanted control over the western regions, rather than letting them fall to the confederacy or go rogue. It really truly was about state's rights versus the federal gov't. Slavery was a side issue and would have burned out within a decade anyhow. if the south fell they would have lost everything west of the Mississippi river too.

I really think it's true. the worst people I know were all late teens/early 20s around 2001. Bunch of scumbags.

>Slavery was literally illegal in the north
This is what people that go to public school actually believe

1 post by this ID

>>Slavery was literally illegal in the north
>This is what people that go to public school actually believe
Hi Shaun White

I'm a millennial and work full time 55+hours a week at a brewery as head of production, yet still I'm paid like shit and can't afford a house with a few acres.
In baby boomers time I'd already have a wife and two kids with a nice house. But times are a changing, labor is worth less and less everyday. I blame taxes and inflation (them)

So you are saying slavery was illegal in the Union?

Can confirm. (((They))) give mortgage loans to geriatric golden retriever dogs. Paying the loan is another thing all together. That's what is called risk. And the greater the risk, the greater the reward.
Risk going upstairs to warm a plate of tendies, the neighbors daughter might see you.
Risk life savings and obligate to productive career/wagecuckery/growing a business and you might fall on your face, lose it all, and have no choice but to start over.

I agree, but the nation states of Europe and the institutional structures that interconnect them emerged as distinct entities only after centuries of conflict, technological advancement, divergence of language and ethnic identity, and religious strife. It would've taken the former USA hundreds of years to develop in this manner.

As much as I value the confederacy and sympathize with them, Lincoln was right in securing the union, although he and his predecessors should always be rightfully criticized for not handling the situation properly prior to the conflict.

Checked!
Explain how to get money for online reviews plox.

and what generation is the college faculty coddling them toward rhe safe space?

kids are generally a reflection of the quality of the parenting, what generation is the parents of millenials?

go to hell, you gen x/boomer scum.

at least have the gaul to admit you fucked everything up.
you raped your childens future and now want to berate them for it.

Social security is degeneracy. It undermines American virtue by discouraging long-term savings and places the government as the caretaker of the elderly rather than one's local community as god our creator intended.

Taxes & gibs + too many people. It's not rocket science.
More people = cheaper labor = less wage money.
Higher taxes & gibs = less wage money.

boomers came up with named generations

I would have gone with more countries over the one. With 2 or 3 big countries (Like Texas) to balance each other and keep the smaller ones in line.

This.

Lincoln actually wrote
>My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that.

Because the dems in the south were traitors who were trying to tear the country apart.
So they got treated like traitors.

Working in a brewery is a shit tier job, they probably view you as a minor step above a line cook at a restaurant.

If you are truly a valuable employee, ask for a raise or quit and go do something else. You probably aren't getting ahead doing what you are doing, just treading water.

manual labor type work is a double edged sword. you can do OK for yourself as a trades type guy but it sounds like you are stuck in a really shitty situation.

>I would have gone with more countries over the one. With 2 or 3 big countries (Like Texas) to balance each other and keep the smaller ones in line.
Why on earth would you want that? Geopolitically, the US is in an ideal position. They have a huge landmass that is practically safe from all threats. They got oceans in the east and west (very difficult to do a naval invasion) and non-countries in the north and south (no threat). The US has a good deal of natural resources and an extensive river network to connect them, making commerce very profitable. All of this means that the US has the resources to maintain a huge military, and since the US has no threats on their continent, they're free to invade 3rd world countries as they please. It's the perfect platform to project power to become a global superpower, if that's what one wants.

If I were a burger, I would be afraid that, if you were to split the US, then these statelets would go to war with each other, diminishing US power. US would become like Europe, with massive continent-spanning wars with millions and millions of deaths every century. I see nothing but downsides to this

>So you are saying slavery was illegal in the Union?
I'm not "saying" it you fucking retard.
It's a fact.
gfys

Remember, information at that time was limited to newspapers. Can you imagine how america would be right now if all we had to go by was fucking CNN?

Also don't you know better than to bait with that image?
You think you're hot shit, don'tcha.

Did you not understand "head of production"? Go be a retarded 15 year old on Sup Forums.

1860 literacy rate: 90%
2016 lilteracy rate: 85%
>DUR DEY WUZ 2 STPD 2 POLITIX

>shitposting this hard

.... k

by save the union he meant keep the south making money for the north

> be 1860 census
> record 18 slaves in New Jersey
> record 1798 slaves in Delaware
TOTAL FACT

No, they were not illiterate, you faggot.
Most people were literate unless they were some sort of barefooted urchin people in some hills somewhere... and the literature of the time really romanticized teachers traveling to those people and teaching them reading and manners. That said, anyone who was a real member of society was able to read.
The southerners were known to be better educated than northerners in many cases.

Corporatism is destroying America. I would love to have pre world war Capitalism back.

>Is this the worst generation in history?

No. At the fall of every great empire, a terrible generation is fucking about in degeneracy to let it happen.

The good news is that after every empire falls, a new generation of great men rises, to rebuild what the generation before has destroyed. Be safe in the knowledge that even if our parent's, ourselves, our children's, or our grandchildren's generation allow the destruction of society through acceptance of degeneracy, a new generation will eventually appear to make this world right again.

Whats your source for that 90% rate? Germany was only 15% literate in 1850. I'm reading multiple sources that America was 75-90% illiterate in 1860.
Here in Australia they had the town crier read the fucking newspaper aloud at the post office in the morning until 1900 because no one could bloody read.

Thanks for that little bit of optimism user. Hope you're right

Is it really the boomers fault or was it the fault that we had a massive influx of Jewish refugees coming in during the 1940's and 1950's? Really makes you wonder.

fraser.stlouisfed.org/files/docs/publications/histstatus/hstat_1957_cen_1957.pdf

p 214. White illiteracy rate in 1870 -- 11%

You're reading your sources backwards, you stupid faggot.

>Although 'bickering states' would have had cultures and richness of their own.
They would have been an easy target for foreign powers, at a time when foreign powers were constantly at war with each other.

more sauce:
infogram.com/literacy-rate-1800-1900-1g8djp9geyzk2yw

The US has always been a literate nation, especially compared to dumbfuck hicks like bongs and krauts.

What's even weirder was alot of those who fought for the north were off the boat immigrants.

>what generation is the parents of millenials?
Gen X, baby boomers are our grandparents. Although I agree it is infuriating when baby boomers complain that young people who are struggling to pay for their greed have it easy.

>"head of production"
>bitching about can't get ahead, muh wages on chinz
Keep being a retarded in real life.

Faith is pretty sexy.

get out gen x fag. You are shit.

I just hope that they are white