I guess you Drumpfanzees aren't very good at maths...

I guess you Drumpfanzees aren't very good at maths, because Hillary won more votes and therefore should be our president.

Prove me wrong!

Other urls found in this thread:

ecosia.org/search?q=6/2(1+2)&addon=opensearch
youtube.com/watch?v=300D3GXH4fc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's ambiguous because the precedence of implied multiplication isn't clearly defined.
>inb4 300 replies

Please
Excuse
Me,
Directing
Americas
Shit-kicking

It really isn't ambiguous at all, the 2 is tied to the parenthesis making it 6/6 or 1

The answer is 9

Some consider all divisions and multiplications to have the same precedence. Nothing would be "tied" to the parenthesis with higher precedence like this.

finally a non-retard. Order of operations vary from country to country, there is no absolute correct answer.

Trump got more college-educated white voters than Hillary did. I know this is a bait thread, but I'm going to repeat this fact in bait threads until I see more people making use of it.

6 / 2 * (1 + 2) = 6 / 2 * 3 = 3 * 3 = 9

The answer is 9 you beanie-wearing liberal fruitcake faggot

By the rules of BODMAS, this burger is correct.

>is tied to the parenthesis
ahaha what? That's no different than a regular multiplication.
÷ is just a shitty symbol to use for most applications.

no shit ? maths is weird.

Is this true? Or is it just that shit holes like India haven't figured out basic math yet?

>By the rules of BODMAS
The fuck is this shit???? It's obviously this

>That's no different than a regular multiplication
2÷3x would usually be interpreted as 2÷(3*x) though. So if you generalize that, the juxtaposition construct representing multiplication would have higher precedence than division.
But that's apparently not universal.

I suspect people are getting tripped up by associativity, not precedence.
shows the correct result for equal precedence of multiplication and division, with left-to-right associativity. This is the most common convention I've seen.

>tfw too smart to win

Neither the picture nor the question of election legitimacy are math questions. The answer to the pictured question depends on the chosen interpretation of the notation, and the legitimacy of the election result depends on the system in place for counting electoral votes. So it really doesn't matter how good at math trump voters are, you clearly don't even know what math is.

Order of operations...the correct answer is "Muh dick"

It's 1.5 you retards

Shill still believes Hillary got more votes. Despite findings that 11 California counties had more votes than eligible voters. Multiple states with huge voter fraud problem. Remove California alone and she didn't even win the popular vote. Truth is, Trump is a lot more popular than media and shills give him credit.

As far as convention goes, I think the answer of is preferable, since the inclusion of a multiplication sign where multiplication is implied does not change the answer

The final answer I got was 232xx-306xy

FROM LEFT TO RIGHT ALWAYS

6/2 (1+2)

Ok whatevry you say btw it is 6

My proofs: Donna Brazile just threw Hillary under the bus. If the dems wanted Hillary they would have preserved her for 2020. Instead, they are casting her out.

The Math that counts: 304 > 227.

Yeah sure but mathematically it's the same, brits say colour not color, it's all mostly local preferences. If you understand the context in which it's used the ordering is obvious.

are you implying shit-libs are smarter at math?

what kind of a fucking idiot do you have to be to say that here?

That infix expression is invalid in reverse polish notation

Get wrecked faggots go back to cs201

You Bulgtards can have Hillary as your president once we deport her.

6/2*3
6/6

But that's incorrect. The answer is 9, I don't know why I give multiplication priority over division. I should know better.

Yeah it's usually obvious. But in the OP case, it's not.
And there are people not realizing that because they've never seen the notation being used differently apparently. It is fairly common to give the terms constructs higher precedence. These threads are sad.

>mob rule
Read Plato's The Republic then post this thread again after you educate yourself on why our system is the best.

Wrong. Yikes. Kys

There.
Fuck the rest of the faggots.

>1) parenthesis
>2) powers (square roots included)
>3) Divisions and multiplications with the same priority (left to right)
>4) Sums and subtractions with the same priority (left to right)
>5) Lauren Southern is fucking a nigger
>6) OP is a faggot

It's 1 but fuck Shilary
clanks the spoon
peace out
The latter part is just different way of representing number 6

Do you want a cookie for knowing about reverse polish notation? No one actually writes down arithmetic problems in that way, so beyond using HP calculators or demonstrating the use of stack datatypes in introductory software courses, who cares?

he answer is 9.

once you simplify the 2(1+2) to 2(3) the 2 is outside of the parentheses so you can rewrite it as

6 ÷ 2 * 3

and go left to right

3 * 3

What is you position on this guy? A hero or a criminal?

Neither multiplication or division should have priority, although generally it is accepted that you prioritise left to right.

1 Parentheses (simplify inside 'em)
2 Exponents
3 Multiplication and Division (from left to right)
4 Addition and Subtraction (from left to right)
answer is 9

6/2(1+2)
6/2*3
3*3

8 seconds?

How do you PEMDAS niggers parse "2÷3x"? (2÷3)*x? Geeze.

A. Do whats outside the parenthesis
B. Do whats inside the paranthesis
C. Multiply the results
Its the same in every single country on earth because this is literally 8 year old kind of math

>What is 6÷2(2+1)?

It's a mathematical expression, there is no equal sign or inequality sign. The answer isnt 1.

ecosia.org/search?q=6/2(1+2)&addon=opensearch

Is this the common core way to write math problems? It strikes me as a very feminine way of wiring an equation.

The Leaf is right.
Fuck off with your slide thread, OP.

Haha.

It is solved like this...6/2(3) .. Parentesis could mean to the power then it would be 2/8 ...0.25

>parenthesis
2(3) is also part of the parenthesis
you should do that multiplication first
this equals to 1 in any non-retarded education system
If this was an equation and there was an x somewhere in there, your method would give out a wrong equality

6 ÷ 2(1+2)
6 ÷ 2(3)
6 ÷ 6

OK, I'm not going to get into the weeds again on this math problem, so I will just sum it up...

1. There was a change in the way children were taught math that happened in the mid 80's.

2. This was a result of the introduction of calculators in the classroom.

3. Prior to the introduction of the calculator, kids were taught to do inner parenthesis first, outer parenthesis second, followed by normal order of operations. This would give you an answer of 1.

4. But the kids were too fucking stupid to do anything but punch the keys on the calculator, and when they do that, it gives them an answer of 9.

5. So they changed math to make it match the calculator, instead of insisting on teaching kids to think before punching buttons.

6. So, if you're above a certain age, you will know that the answer is 1. If you're below a certain age, you will "know" the answer is 9.

6 / 2 (1+2)
First we do the brackets
2(1+2) = 2*1 + 2*2 = 2 + 4
So now we have
6 / 2 + 4
Next is multiplication and division
6 / 2 = 3
So the last step is
3 + 4 = 7

The answer is 7. Debate me. You will lose.

>it's another episode where brainlets argue that convention is arbitrary and therefore unimportant.
You punch this into anything and it will spit 9 back at you. Punch it into any calculator, use the print function in any language, show it to someone with an education, and they'll say "9". No one outside of elementary school would actually write the equation like this (they write it as a fraction, so you can implicitly state what you're dividing and multiplying the first term by), but it's still correct and equal to 9.

faggot

>should be our president.

Lets use this as a Civic's lesson on "Electoral College". This is 7th grade type of material.

The whole reason we have the electoral college is the small states would only agree to a non popular vote system so that they wouldnt get shrecked by newyork. Your being like the kid who loses a game so they try to change the rules. Everyone knew the rules going into this nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=300D3GXH4fc

>A burger
>Criticizing India of all places on fucking MATH

Thats ridiculous. India? Thats like criticizing Muslims on not being misogynist enough.

OMG use FOIL
1st, outer, inner, last

Trump is actually right here, the answer *is* undefined, as order of presedence is not mathematically provable, as it's not part of the actually definition.

If we go by The Standard Interpretation (which is shit, but that's for another day), we go left to right when we have equal precedence. Hence:

> 6 / 2(1+2)
Solve the parens, and substitute:
> 6 / 2 * 3
Division and multiplication is of equal precedence, so we go left to right:
> 3 * 3
Here it's unambiguous, so we get:
> 9

Because The Big Brained Nibba who will get what's coming to 'im on the Day of the Rock just had to have Trump think outside the box.

Your understanding of Indians is colored by the few you've actually seen.
The reality is that the country as a whole is in development hell. The women have 20 kids hoping to spit out one slumdog millionaire by luck of the draw.

correct
parenthsis first
then multiply
then divide