Christianity General - Martyrs Edition

Orthodox user here, in the aftermath of the tragic church massacre of our Christian brethren in Texas today. For the sake of those with an interest in the faith, I will discuss two little understood but often asked questions about part of our beliefs.

1) Why did God let this happen? What kind of a God would allow ______ to happen to ______ [this assault to happen to those in Texas, in this case].

The short answer is two sided, first, our creator made us in his image, with the gift of free will being bestowed upon us. We can do anything we want - whether we should or not, is a different story. God desired a true, meaningful, mutual relationship with mankind, and the only way to allow for this, as opposed to making legions of drones capable of little more than worshiping him, was to provide us with Free Will.

We are free to worship him, and to love him, and to love one another if we choose, but if not, we are free to go. I was raised in a Protestant church, until I became an Atheist around age 9, until I was in my early 20's.

I was never struck down by lightning.

I was never threatened with being stoned or whatever else happens to non-Christians when they leave their respective temples.

I returned. I chose to return. I was loved and embraced by God and the church when I did.

But I could have chosen not to, also. God would have let me make this decision, as is a part of having free will, although thats not to say that I wouldnt have suffered consequences for this decision later on, down the road if I had.

Does this make sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/spirituality/the-beatitudes/persecuted-for-righteousness-sake
twitter.com/wilw/status/927284357609353218
amazon.com/Last-Superstition-Refutation-New-Atheism/dp/1587314525
youtube.com/watch?v=udzmGXN2D-k
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape#Christianity
biblehub.com/luke/3-33.htm
biblehub.com/hebrews/7-14.htm
biblehub.com/luke/4-15.htm
biblehub.com/john/1-11.htm
biblehub.com/john/4-22.htm
archive.is/X8Tqk
archive.is/iFGqR
archive.is/J3Y6Z
archive.is/pBMGf
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/
archive.is/Fdsxo
archive.is/qQPMf
archive.is/ICpaJ
archive.is/RgZOY
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o
youtu.be/Ty6whuQ1R8o
savethechildren.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=8rKLIXMGIpI4E&b=9357115&ct=14921495
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-boat-rescue-charities-medicins-sans-frontieres-save-the-children-mediterranean-sea-migrants-a7699571.html
savethechildren.net/article/save-children-brings-300-refugees-and-migrants-safety-search-and-rescue-capacity
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Adenauer
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Gauck
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Merkel
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_(Polish_trade_union)
youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ccSJtJXA
youtube.com/watch?v=PRCVeqvZKt4
youtube.com/watch?v=buJDSuSey3U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Our God has given us all, you, me, and the rest of us, this wonderful gift which can be used for good, or for evil, just like life itself.

He doesnt -generally- strike people down in a Hollywood-esqe fashion. We are free to make our decisions in this life.

And tragically, some choose to turn their back on him, on his love and the love and help from a caring community which would have be glad to welcome this lost soul in, if he had asked.

It is a sad day indeed. I would ask all Pious Christianons here, of all Denominations, to pray for those who lost their lives in this attack, for their families, friends, loved ones and communities in this troubled time. We would ask that our lord give rest to their souls, and for pardon them of their sins and offenses.

2) What has, or will happen to the souls of those who perished today?

Well, the TL;DR is that Christian Martyrs are ones who are killed for their faith, which puts us at a stark difference to Islamic Martyrs who are "honored" when they die fighting for their faith, including the obligitory killing of innocents and those who refuse to "convert".

We know that both God and his Church here on earth place a very high value on all Christian Martyrs, especially those who CHOSE to die for their faith - as many throughout the ages have had the oppertunity to turn their back on our Creator and save their physical lives in doing so, yet have refused.

Many Orthodox saints were martyr'd for their faith.

Unfortunately however, to be truthful with you all, this is about where my level of knowledge runs out - you must remember that I am not a Priest or a clergyman, nor do I claim to be, I'm only a layman here to spend time with his fellow Christianons and help those lurking with an interest in the faith to the best of my (limited) ability.

So, here is some writing which will hopefully be of interest:

A person embarking on the spiritual life must expect persecution and slander. He must be wary, however, of any false persecution complex, and must be absolutely certain that the suffering he meets is solely “for righteousness’ sake” and not because of his own weaknesses and sins. The apostolic scripture makes this precise warning:

For one is approved if, mindful of God, he endures pain while suffering unjustly. For what credit is it, if when you do wrong and are beaten for it, you take it patiently. But if when you do right and suffer for it you take it patiently, you have God’s approval. For to this you have been called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in His steps. If you are reproached for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or a thief, or a wrongdoer, or a mischief-maker; yet if one suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but under that name let him glorify God (1 Pet 2.19–21, 4.14–16).

The suffering of Christians must be accepted gladly, with mercy and love to those who inflict it. Here once again is the Lord’s own example, as well as that of His prophets, apostles, martyrs and saints. As Christ said, “Father, forgive them ...” (Lk 23.34), while hanging on the Cross; and as the first martyr Stephen prayed, “Lord, do not hold this sin against them” (Acts 7.60), while being stoned, so all those who follow God’s righteousness must forgive their offenders “from their hearts” (cf. Mt 18.35)"

oca.org/orthodoxy/the-orthodox-faith/spirituality/the-beatitudes/persecuted-for-righteousness-sake

John 14:27

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

Fuck off, take this shit to>free will
Choice can not exist if there is an omnipotent creator. By saying you can choose you are saying God is not all-powerful.

Wesley Crusher from Star Trek TNG, taking the time to shit on christians as only a Jew can.

Nothing like taking a tragedy for christians and using it to celebrate screaming that christian values and teachings are worthless like the kike he is who is using his sneaky subversive language to condemn the entire institution of Christianity.

Some brave user, please call this Jew out on twitter for shitting on christian values and teaching.

twitter.com/wilw/status/927284357609353218

Matthew 5:4

"Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."

But they are baptists so they go to hell right? Did you know eternal torment wasn't a thing until 500 AD?

>Choice can not exist if there is an omnipotent creator

Says who? One of the spicyist Atheist memes I remember from my time as one around 2010 or so, is that we'de all discuss how if God was really all that great, etc, than he'd surely do ______, complete with all the one liners and whatnot.

In the Orthodox Church we believe that we cannot fully understand God or his ways, that if we could "figure out" a God, then he wouldn't be God at all - but only an idol created by mankind for Worship, rather than an all powerful, all loving God. We are created in his image, but the reverse is not true.

I'm no expert on the Baptist Church, nor do I know what relationship it has with Orthodoxy, and of course I'm in no position to, nor am I trying to, speak for the Church, but it was once said that if you make it to Heaven, expect to see some folks there that you werent expecting - and expect not to see some folks that you were :)

For God shall judge us all, and we have no real way to know if any of us will - or wont - make it.

We can only worship him to the true best of our ability, live as sin free lives as possible, and love eachother as we were commanded to.

We dont look down at members of other Churches, I and most others respect and love all Pious Christians, for even in the most "lacking" of Churches in this world you can find solid, wholesome, Christ-loving people.

Speaking for myself, I believe that if they had accepted Christ as their Savior, had repented of their sins and had tried to live the best Christian lives they could - making no excuses and doing their best - that there is an extremely high chance of their souls being saved,

Especially since they were killed for their Faith - we would call them Martyrs.

But of course I cannot speak for God and I knew none of them - this is really in the hands of God alone - just like the rest of us are.

But I pray forgiveness for their sins and transgressions and that the Lord who is compassionate and merciful will grant them eternal rest and peace, and will remember them in his Kingdom forever and ever, amen.

John 16:33: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

More timid christ chan pls

Neokikes aka christians arent even white lmao

She really is charming
>inb4 x-rated drawings of her posted by edgelords

Every. Single. Thread.

You know that anytime you're looking for something more, that you're welcome to join us, right? I hope you find what you're looking for in life, user.

2/2

Psalm 11:5 “The Lord examines the righteous, but the wicked, those who love violence, he hates with a passion.”

Im very interested at getting back into faith. But this time from a logical standpoint; has anyone ever read this book saw it recommended on pol a few days ago. amazon.com/Last-Superstition-Refutation-New-Atheism/dp/1587314525 Might pick this up for Christmas, then get into the new testament.

It looks interesting user, I'd never seen it before!

To be honest with you all, I havent committed as much time as I should to learning about the Lord. I've found my faith over a year ago now and still havent read or studied nearly as much as I would've liked to.

What I have done, I feel great about, I've learned a lot about myself and world as a whole, I'm happier than I've ever been, and I ended a 7 year family dispute. Its been great, highly recommended.

How many of you guys are gonna join me and awoo user here, in reading more, studying more, and growing closer to god next year, and in the remaining time this year?

Its a journey - lets do this, together.

This is an odd place for such a thing, but we really do have a wonderful Christian community here

If you want to see what's really going on with religion in the world check out Bill Cooper's Mystery Babylon series. You will see that the Bible is deeper than you ever imagined and that the maniacs who control this world are trying to become God themselves.

The righteous man perishes, and no one lays it to heart; devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from calamity; he enters into peace; they rest in their beds who walk in their uprightness.

Isiah 57 1 2

I would recommend new testament commentaries by "Blessed Theophylact", they're easy to read and follow English translations of Orthodox writings from, IIRC, the 600s-800s AD. About as based an uncucked as it gets.

You can buy them on Amazon, quite affordably.

You know, its interesting, remember the Sup Forums prophecy? Didnt it say something along the lines of "They're trying to force god's hand?"

What ever happened with that? Were we ever able to figure out what it meant? Any theories, goys?

This. Christ is in our midst user. Don't stop praying for the families affected. Know that we can only expect more tragedies as Orthodox Christians in these last days. My advice to you is to be at church as often as you can and avoid mindlessly browsing Sup Forums. When things get worse you will need a strong orthodox community to fall on. An internet community will not help

>god has a plan for all of us
>humans have free will

christians cant logic

Thanks user I will check it out. I'm a nondenominational Christian, former atheist, then went into the New Age, then went to Catholicism, now I'm just Christian of no particular denomination. The more I learn the more skeptical I become of organized religions, but Orthodox has always stood out to me. They reject the pagan calendar, the pagan sabbath, the language of their faith is the language the Bible was written in, among other things. Pray for me on my journey.

Why do you justify your belief in 2000 year old stories using parts of said 2000 year old stories?

He is and ever shall be.

Not to get off topic, but do you guys like this Jordan Page guy? I dont like to talk violence but the world is becoming a more chaotic place, pic related:

youtube.com/watch?v=udzmGXN2D-k

ARM YOURSELVES
FOR THE HAMMERS CRUSHING DOWN
ARM YOURSELVES
ALL YE CITIZENS
ARM YOURSELVES WITH THE GHOST OF A RISEN SUN AND LAY YOUR ARMOR ON

THERES NO TIME LEFT

THE DAY HAS COME

I will, my friend. Best of luck, we're all on this journey together. As a friendly reminder, you're welcome to stop by any Orthodox Church, any time. Like they say, its important to learn about swimming if you never have before - but sooner or later - you have to get in the pool!

God has a plan for us all and wants us to follow it - he will help us, and guide us and love us through it and all that it entails, but we have the choice of turning our back on our creator if we please.

On a side note, assuming you guys are shills, what happened to the pagan shilling?

Some of us Christianons kind of figured it was growing here because the board almost completely rejects Atheism, so ((((((they)))))) wanted to push something else - anything but traditional Christianity of course - and so they settled on Paganism.

But interestingly enough, I havent seen much of any in the last couple /cg/ threads. Do you or care to elaborate on this?

Christians corrupted the very meaning of Agape

In the Greek-Roman world, love meant "common feeling of mutual interest born out of shared experiences"

yet Christians expect us to love people we don't know, that we don't care about, just so that we can fill ourselves with misguided pride about how we are friends of mankind itself!

and they twist this meaning so much, that here they want us to believe that the Crusaders loved every single damn person that they slaughtered in Constantinople

Because, according to Sup Forums christians, Love is not about shared interest, it is about telling to yourself "how I love that guy" right before cutting his head off

I've been thinking about this topic for awhile and I want fellow Christianons' insights on it.

So some days ago, I came across a youtube video of a Soviet scientist reanimating dead dogs.

It made me think. Are we just some kind of meat machines? Is soul real? I want to know

In the Greek-Roman world, love meant "common feeling of mutual interest born out of shared experiences"

Early Christians expanded it to a commandment of loving people that we don't know, that we don't care about, just so that we can fill ourselves with misguided pride about how we are friends of mankind itself

and then come right-wing christians to twist tthe meaning even more

so here they want us to believe that the Crusaders loved every single damn person that they slaughtered in Constantinople

Because, according to Sup Forums christians, Love is not about shared interest, it is about telling to yourself "how I love that guy" right before cutting his head off

dude, if you wanna hate your enemies, just do that, and stop mentally masturbating about how better and so much more heaven-deserving you are than your enemies because you somehow declared that you loved him while killing him

christian semantics are enough of a mess as they are, and then Sup Forums christians wanna add an extra layer of absurdity and mental masturbation

Agape never has conveyed any sort of violent or agressive implication

even among christian writers it has always meant means "a selfless love that is passionately committed to the well-being of others", no implication of tough love whatsoever

see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agape#Christianity

> thus being meek does not being being meek and we can actually ignore 'Do Not Resist', and we can actually kill our enemies

that is where the schizophrenia of right-wing christians kicks in

weak piece of shit you need a jew to help you

biblehub.com/luke/3-33.htm
>the son of Amminadab, the son of Ram, the son of Hezron, the son of Perez, the son of Judah

biblehub.com/hebrews/7-14.htm
>For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah

biblehub.com/luke/4-15.htm
>He was teaching in their synagogues, and everyone praised him.
biblehub.com/john/1-11.htm
>He came to his own people, and even they rejected him.

His own people aka Jews.

biblehub.com/john/4-22.htm
>You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

Samaritans aka Gentiles.

JESUS WAS A JEW.

>All Christians Are Cucks
archive.is/X8Tqk

>All Christians are Cucks #2
archive.is/iFGqR

>All Christians are Cucks #3
archive.is/J3Y6Z

>All Christians are Cucks #4
archive.is/pBMGf

>All Christians are Cucks #5
renegadetribune.com/christians-cucks-3/

>Cucktianity: What Is A Covenant
archive.is/Fdsxo

>Cuck Identity
archive.is/qQPMf

>Cuck Identity #2
archive.is/ICpaJ

>Indoctrination
archive.is/RgZOY

Synagogue of Satan debunked
youtube.com/watch?v=cLU6oms0j4o

If you watch Bill Cooper's series you will understand more of what they are trying to do. This video is pretty insightful too. youtu.be/Ty6whuQ1R8o

>Why do people care about berating an increasingly irrelevant religion anyway?
Because they're not irrelevant. They actively fund and even run many of the boats coming from Africa to Europe.

savethechildren.org/site/apps/nlnet/content2.aspx?c=8rKLIXMGIpI4E&b=9357115&ct=14921495

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/refugee-boat-rescue-charities-medicins-sans-frontieres-save-the-children-mediterranean-sea-migrants-a7699571.html

savethechildren.net/article/save-children-brings-300-refugees-and-migrants-safety-search-and-rescue-capacity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Konrad_Adenauer
>Konrad Hermann Joseph Adenauer was a German statesman who served as the first post-war Chancellor of Germany (West Germany) from 1949 to 1963.
>He was the first leader of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU), a Christian Democratic party that under his leadership became, and has since usually been the most influential party in the country.
>He displayed a strong dedication to a broad vision of market-based liberal democracy and anti-communism.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany
>West Germany joined NATO in 1955
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joachim_Gauck
>is the President of Germany, serving since March 2012. A former Lutheran pastor, he came to prominence as an anti-communist civil rights activist in East Germany
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angela_Merkel
>the daughter of Horst Kasner, a Lutheran pastor and a native of Berlin, and his wife Herlind, born in 1928 in Danzig (now Gdańsk, Poland)
>is a German politician who is currently Chancellor of Germany. She is also the leader of the Christian Democratic Union (CDU).
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Soros
>From 1979, as an advocate of 'open societies', Soros financially supported dissidents including Poland's Solidarity movement
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solidarity_(Polish_trade_union)
>first trade union in a Warsaw Pact country that was not controlled by a communist party.
>anti-Soviet social movement ranging from people associated with the Catholic Church
>CIA covert support
>In Sollicitudo rei socialis, a major document of Catholic Social Teaching, Pope John Paul II identifies the concept of solidarity with the poor and marginalized as a constitutive element of the Gospel and human participation in the common good.

More like, there never been more churches, while Christian Democrats didn't even exist in Socialism. Pro-refugee faggots are all Christian.

Steven Anderson on race-mixing
youtube.com/watch?v=oz3ccSJtJXA
"Interracial Marriage" Baptist Preaching (independent, fundamental, KJV sermon)
youtube.com/watch?v=PRCVeqvZKt4
"Races" are a Fraud
youtube.com/watch?v=buJDSuSey3U

>The Jews thought (and think) that they are God's chosen people, but when Jesus came and said: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus", the Jews claimed He couldn't be their Messiah, so they convinced Pontio to crucify Him. Is exactly because Jesus was for all humanity and not only for the Jews that (((they))) killed Him, and since that moment, every nation in the entire globe see Jews as a negative influence to any country they appear in. And with good reason, every Catholic / Christian nation up until Vatican II and some decades before, had prohibition or persecution of Jews.

You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.

For it is clear that our Lord descended from Judah, and in regard to that tribe Moses said nothing about priests.

>(shortly after describing the apocalypse and “the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory”)
Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
>Mark 13:30

When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another. Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
>Matthew 10:23

Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.
>Luke 9:27

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, with a sincere heart, as you would Christ,
>Ephesians 6:5

Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what is yours, do not demand it back.
>Luke 6:30

Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men.
>Romans 12:17

But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.
>Luke 6:35

1 Thessalonians 5:15
See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people.

1 John 4:20 - If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1 John 2:9 - He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Matthew 6:15 - But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Luke 6:27 - But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you

Colossians 3:13 - Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also [do] ye.

Romans 12:17
Never pay back evil for evil to anyone Respect what is right in the sight of all men.

Luke 6:35
"But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men."

Luke 6:29
"Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either."

Matthew 5:39
"But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also

Proverbs 17:5
He who mocks the poor taunts his Maker; He who rejoices at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverbs 25:21
If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; And if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;

King James Bible
If thou meet thine enemy's ox or his ass going astray, thou shalt surely bring it back to him again.

1 Corinthians 6:7
The very fact that you have lawsuits among you means you are thoroughly defeated already. Why not rather be wronged? Why not rather be cheated?

Matthew 5:40
if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well;

When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. (Leviticus 19:33-34)

He defends the cause of the fatherless and the widow, and loves the foreigner residing among you, giving them food and clothing. And you are to love those who are foreigners, for you yourselves were foreigners in Egypt. (Deuteronomy 10:18-19)

When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. (Leviticus 19:9-10)

Do not oppress a foreigner; you yourselves know how it feels to be foreigners, because you were foreigners in Egypt. (Exodus 23:9)

>Hasn't heard of mystery babylon
you are the most blue-pilled cuck of them all. Completely oblivious.

By the time of the New Testament, Israel had become extremely exclusive, largely forgetting her mission to the nations. When the Messiah arrived, however, foreigners were present ( Matt 2:1-12 ). During his ministry, he constantly interacted with them, indicating that God’s love embraced the world ( Luke 17:18 ; John 4 ). A Roman soldier pronounced a eulogy at his death ( Luke 23:47 ). Death broke the hostile powers that caused human divisions ( Eph 2:14-18 ). In Christ there was no longer any important racial, linguistic, or ethnic difference ( Gal 3:26-29 ). Pentecost ( Acts 2 ) reversed the judgment of the tower of Babel ( Gen 11:1-9 ).

At the same time, there was the realization that while members of the church had their citizenship in heaven, they were resident aliens on earth ( 1 Peter 1:17 ; 2:11 ). Before the coming of the kingdom, they had to live a nomadic existence as strangers and pilgrims, much like the patriarchs of the Old Testament ( Heb 11:9-16 ). They must live in hope and faith, praying for the invasion of the kingdom and waiting patiently for the gift of a new Canaan, a new Eden, where they can reside with their God (Rev. 21-22). Meanwhile the church must act by helping literal strangers and foreigners, remembering her own identity and God’s love for the powerless ( Matthew 25:35Matthew 25:38Matthew 25:43Matthew 25:44 ). Hospitality (philoxenos, lit. love for the stranger) is to be a characteristic of the follower of Christ ( 1 Peter 4:9 ; cf. Rom 12:13 ; Heb 13:2 ).

>Still hasn't heard of Mystery Babylon
Instead of pushing your stupid agenda you should try to figure out what TPTB believe and why they believe it. After that you'll throw away all this stupid crap you're posting.

whatever you say kike worshiper

It's about more than Judaism. TPTB use a fusion of mysticism and occult (hidden) texts. A lot of what you falsely think is religion are fables used to conceal information from dum dums like you who take it at face value.

Attended my very first Divine Liturgy today. God bless.