New Gun Laws

You know what the US needs to do with it's gun laws? Universal open carry. If people are allowed to carry any gun they desire out in the open it will act as deterrence towards anyone planning a criminal act. Think about it, if someone enters a bank with intent to rob it, but then they see that everyone in line has a rifle or a shotgun on their back then that person is going to think twice about robbing the place. And in a similar effect, this would allow citizens to actively protect themselves and others from violent criminals who despite common sense would still wish to attack others.

Liberals have no argument against this either, since they're so anti-police now-a-days that if this were to be put into effect then the people wouldn't have as much need for the police as people would basically police themselves through the simple concept of deterrence. And of course owning a gun isn't mandatory, so if you don't want one you don't have to have one, or even carry one if you do.

But the idea of restricting or outright banning guns isn't going to get rid of them. It may prevent some mass shootings yes, as people won't have easy access to getting a gun anymore, but with universal open carry all gun crimes would see dramatic reduction, hell all crime in general would as most people only commit crimes cause they believe they'll get away with it and with everyone carrying guns in plain sight it may remove that complex that they can get away with it.

But think about it, if someone wants a gun, they're going to get it. whether they find an illegal dealer or make one themselves, they'll find a way. And yes, while it may not be of the same quality of a manufactured gun, in this day and age it is entirely possible for the average person to make a gun. And hell, bombs can be made with household cleaners, and cars could be even more destructive then a gun. If someone has the mental "capacity" to want to kill others, they're going to find a way to do so.

Interesting. I'll bump your thread

We could save billions if people were forced to deal with their own problems
We wouldn't even need police any more

I mean, am I wrong? It seems like it's just simple psychology to me.

Police would still be needed as judges and mediators of disputes, as well as investigators. So they wouldn't be completely irrelevant.

Universal open carry is a bad idea.
Universal concealed carry is a good idea. You don't want to be a target, you wan't to be that average joe who's cowering in fear one moment and striking back if the opportunity arises. That being said you should ALWAYS try to escape first. You're not batman, you shouldn't go hunting active shooters unless you want to get tagged by another possible vigilante or police.

>I mean, am I wrong? It seems like it's just simple psychology to me

Wrong.
If you were thinking about this from the standpoint where nearly 100% of citizens were armed, there would be no targets. Everyone would have the ability to defend themselves making your scenario unimaginable.

We should just go back to carrying around single-action revolvers like they did in the old west.

>aim for people making themselves a target by open-carrying the biggest, scariest guns they can find
>kill them first
>free big, scary guns just lying on the ground to continue my mass shooting

Yeah, great idea.

>leftists say terror has become part of everyday life
>leftists act confused when I say I want to be able to defend myself at any given moment, meaning no more gun free zones and national open/concealed carry for LAW ABIDING, MENTALLY STABLE CITIZENS
>mfw they have no argument

Now you see I disagree, simply because your gun is concealed. The whole purpose of having it out in the open is to show others that "hey, you have a gun too", so they won't do anything, or that if they do, you and others around you will be there to stop them. And then there's no need to run or hide, because the crime will have been prevented before it started. But yes, I can understand that may cause issues with confusion on who the actual criminal is, but so would concealed carry once the shooting starts.

Also in regards to being a target, maybe I'm being a little altruistic here, but if someone is open carrying, than that tells me they're ready to be a target in case someone does decide to harm others, and so they would be there to protect others who don't wish to have anything to do with guns, allowing them to flee the situation.

Because having a giant rifle slung over your back doesn't make you a target compared to everyone possibly having a hidden weapon on them.
Unless your weapon is down and ready(that's called brandishing and illegal in most states!!) you're not going to be able to react to any shooter situation. Real life isn't the matrix and you're not Neo; you won't dodge those shots in the back of your head. An armed populace does deter violence, but when you don't know WHO is carrying a weapon things become a whole lot riskier.

This poster has a mental illness.

...eh

>everyone free to carry guns
>someone tries to commit a mass shooting
>no one reacts

>The whole purpose of having it out in the open is to show others that "hey, you have a gun too", so they won't do anything
Or they just shoot you first. You got eyes on the back of your head?
>if they do, you and others around you will be there to stop them
Same problem as above. Take a look at any of those 3gun competition videos where the goal is to shoot all targets as fast as possible and swap weapons.
>I can understand that may cause issues with confusion on who the actual criminal is, but so would concealed carry once the shooting starts.
concealled carry isn't immediately pulling out your CCW in the event something happens, that's a death sentence against anyone with a firearm pointed in your general direction. You have a duty to your life before others. Again, you're not batman, you're just some random schmuck with a weapon who can protect himself in the event of something occuring, flaunting to everyone HEY I GOT A WEAPON seriously does not help.
>but if someone is open carrying, than that tells me they're ready to be a target in case someone does decide to harm others
No, it's almost entirely for attention and to feel like a badass but in very few states CC isn't allowed or is well regulated to the point OC is just a better option.

>thinking "everyone free to carry guns" means "everyone carries a gun"

Guns are expensive.

Alternatively:
>set up from long range
>shoot people with guns that have the required range to shoot back
>continue shooting

This open carry law would have done fuck all in Vegas. People probably would have started panicking and done a little of the job for him.

>every nation should have a nuke; no need to shake hands because everyone will behave due to the threat of nuclear destruction.

>Guns are expensive.
They're really not.
You're right about the open carry law being unable to prevent LV
It most likely won't prevent any shooting since most of those people are ready to die. Besides, ever since CC licenses started gaining traction criminals already have admitted they're afraid of john Q public carrying hidden weapons.

Maybe I just think they're expensive because I would rather drop my money on other shit. Someone who's ready to commit a mass shooting isn't really thinking about what they're gonna eat for the rest of the month, either.

Not to say I don't like guns, I just don't have the expendable income. So to me, they are expensive.

I unironically agree.