youtube.com/watch?v=5RzQ-3viCbA
police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/firearms/licences/licence_and_genuine_reasons
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

don't need one

I meant uk annons

Being able to get one and being able to get one easily are different things

post in brit/pol/

sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/guns-and-moderators

Look at all those fucking guns for sale that I can't buy!

What is a firearms license?

>.22 cal
lol

>firearm "license"

lol...no, we have (some) freedom here still.

i have a shotgun certificate, wasn't TOO hard to get but it doesn't open many options either

OY THERE GENE
BIN THAT MEME

>that pic

Wait a sec....the long barreled revolver. Why couldn't someone just saw that off and have a regular fucking handgun? Is that for real? There is a distinction between handgun legality for long barrels vs short? That is hilarious.

>silly rod and ridiculous barrel on revolvers
>all calibers larger than .22 have to be bolt action
wew lad

Whats a firearms license?

also picked up pic related this weekend

Gun control laws never make sense because they are always made by people who fear guns and know little to nothing about them.

OAL laws is hardly a UK specific thing, US has them too.

feels bad man :(

Scout version of the M1A?

yep

Similar to a T.V license..

Nice. I have a Super Match with a McMillan fiberglass stock. Pricey but pretty.

Yes. Pic related

You folks need to fix that shit. Insanity.

yeah Im considering a mcmillan... did you send yours in to get bedded? if so, how long did it take?

You're capable of using a firearm in self defence, just not getting a firearm licence for that reason.

Shotgun certificates are shall-issue, though.

Got a tidy wee Remington .22 air rifle just a couple months before they made you get licenses

Yup, what do you want to know?

Now post the one with the weapons you're allowed to use to defend yourself, your home or you loved ones.

it specifically states you cannot use a firearm for personal protection... this is why you snaggletoothed cucks are so fucked by your gubment... you dont even know the law

>AR
>semi auto in .22
>manual action .223

AHAHAHAHA FAGGOT

You don't need a licence for an air rifle unless its over 12ft/lbs

Thats great, clapper. Please tell me more about my own country. People have used them before in the past and its been ruled self defence.

>You can own a fucking 50cal
>baby handguns are not allowed

It's not up to the government, it's up to the courts and their interpretation of "reasonable force".

If you shoot a home invader (unless you shoot them while they're running away), you will probably get away with it.

> a-ak's are l-legal!
> *in .22*
can you imagine being a fucking britpaki, holy shit bin yourself already

although i hate how any "rifle" cartridge above .22 is illegal (although not really?)

full auto in flipland is free game and as a matter of fact im turning my glock 17 into a getto glock 18 next week

>americans get to post muh guns anywhere
>euros should only do it in their containment threads

i swear all it takes is one sperg to shoot up a school with .22 to take whats little left away

I don't know about you guys, but we are cucked beyond belief

>people got away with it last decade, it must be true now, even though the law states otherwise

you dont deserve guns.

every brit ive ever personally met has been a totally clueless mongoloid

proofs plz, I've never heard of such bullshit.

Yep, NI here. Only got a shotgun license, use it for DTL clays. Partook in some NITSA competitions, Target shotgun is basically just 12g slugs at a bullseye target, 6 shots in 30 seconds, 3 in 15, 2 in 10 and 1 in 3. Quite fun. I shot 139/160 my first comp with one F2E which really fucked me over.

Got invited down to the pistol ranges for a target comp but never got down. Nice to play with some proper pistols.

handguns are used in the overwhelming majority of crimes though?

It,s the fact that you need to jump through fiery hoops to get a gun.

NZ has way better laws than you guys.

22 cal semi auto rifle.. what the fuck would that help when shit hits the fan?

22 cal ar15s are fine, just jam alot. It's better than nothing

Only a few years ago, and the law hasn't changed. Not sure why you're so angry.

Look up Andy and Tracey Ferrie. Shot some people who broke into their house.

Has to be min 18" barrel length, 24" OAL. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act#Categories_of_firearms_regulated

What would be a genuine reason besides that and maybe hunting? Spreading the faith of Allah for maximum diversity?

you are indeed correct, I was merely thinking on the basis of the power in the round and how much damage it could do

lol NOPE.

You will not only lose your gun licence you will also be charged.

handguns are the most used in most gun homicides

youll get away with it only if the guy you shot was white... if hes nonwhite you get sentenced to 20 years of australia

Do you think .22 is non-lethal to humans?

Could always just get something higher caliber in lever release if thats your thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=5RzQ-3viCbA

Hunting, target shooting, pest control.

They allow you to own full autos here under a collectors licence.

True, because it's easier for criminals to hide them

The official possible reason are:
>Sport / Target Shooting
>Recreational Hunting / Vermin Control
>Primary Production
>Vertebrate Pest Animal Control
>Business or Employment
>Rural Occupation
>Animal Welfare
>Firearms Collection
police.nsw.gov.au/online_services/firearms/licences/licence_and_genuine_reasons

You're arguing against something that has already happened only a few years ago and the CPS ruled it self defence. They weren't charged with anything.

Wtf they take the guns to a dealer? What a fucking racket.

You can use anything on hand for self defence, but you can't own it for the reason of self defence. Basically, you need to have shootable land or be a member of a range to get a FAC. But if you happen to have a firearm when someone breaks in you can use it.

That's rifles bozo, not handguns.

Lol, so you can shoot cans, roos and wild cats, but not a burglar. Fucking hell.

>Do you think [a butterknife] is non-lethal to humans?

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8

Having an AR or AK in .22 or manual action doesn't even sound worth it.

You'd piss your pants if shot with either, regardless of the flab.

Like another user has already said multiple times, you can't get a FAC for the purposes of self defence, but you can use it in self defence if the need arises.

>le .22 meme

You realize professional hitmen use .22 exclusively? If someone is 10ft away from you, it is actually the best ammo to use.

knives dont shoot people, chap. people do

cringe

>.22lr
Even in a semi auto package that's a pretty awful round to have for self defence.

i didnt say anything about .22... i just said his argument is retarded...

hell i love .22lr

>Its retarded to say .22 or 9mm is lethal
hello noguns

Thanks. Brazil also has retarded gun control laws that do next to nothing to prevent violent crimes (last year we got 67 thousand murders).
You also have to request your license (wich is given on a may issue basis) with a valid reason, but self defense is considered as such. Problem is, we only get to own (not carrry), .22 rifles, up to .38 revolvers, .380 pistols and long barrel 12 gauges.
Also, even if you present proof of necessity (say, living in rural areas), the Federal Police can still deny your request.

Yeah, it's pretty embarassing. It's to do with the length of the gun, with the legality based on it being illegal to own a gun below a certain length, to try and stop handgun ownership (sadly, I shit you not). To make it the length required to be legal, the barrel is lengthened and that stupid shit it added to the handle (this cannot legally be removed). Stops people walking around with it, theoretically. Just cuck our shit up.

I do, for hunting.

Only thing I prefer about the states is that you don't have to load all your own ammo. I don't mind that much, it's just the correct equipment is expensive.

change the flag, faggot.
neutralizing someone, who is actively trying to shoot/stab you, then and there is not the same as a sneaky headshot. and good luck with 22LR against 3-5 nigs at the same time.

I can't get a semi auto with a regular license. Have to get a super special license for that. Also, the regular license only covers manual action .22LR rifles and shotguns

LOL. you're a fucking retard

Gonna get mine together with a friend soon, we havent decided for what kind of weapons yet

Please, feel free to hop on over to /k/ and try to tell them either of those rounds (or even .223 on lever release) isn't a lethal round.

Love to hear the names they'll call you for being so fucking thick.

To add, also because all firearms are registered to an owner and the popo can do random checks at any time to check that your firearms are secured away etc, you'd be retarded to own it n license then cut the barrel off.

Det e bedre enn ingenting min svenske bror.

Yeah I get that "muh freedums" point of view, but I prefer the drag of putting my name on some formal paper so I can buy firearms, instead of having the freedom of some ali baba getting mg from local supermarket and shooting up the same place after exiting the store.

>don't let them mudslimes in you good goy eurocuck
t.spics&nigs&daily shootings

22. lr has "high" penetration, stays in the body and is extremely hard to extract.

good luck blowing you hearing out and dealing with recoil at 2am.

Shooting a gun inside your house is not the same as outside.

>you don't have to load all your own ammo
wtf does that mean?

>Nearly right
>Anything semi-auto is restricted to pea shooter
>Pistols have to have a barrel longer than your dick and a piece of shit rod attached to it for a "stock" and look to have to be revolvers as well
I'm confused as to why the shotguns are fine. Are they not scary or used in crimes enough for politicians to go bonkers?

like I give a fuck about what a bunch of autists think. I bet none of them have woken up at 2am and fired round in their house to see which is most accurate.

it IS lethal, and thats not what he/you said thats retarded...
whats retarded is the fact that you use that to rationalize your sharia nanny-state

>maybe get tinnitus, maybe some hearing loss
>get murdered
IDGAF. If I'm deploying lethal means, there is a good reason for it.

Your posting on an american website, feller

Try and use one in self defense without spending your life in prison.

Not a surprise coming from your country. Besides, do you need rifles to chase away abbos sniffing petrol?

Over the ranges you'd be firing in your house, you wouldn't get a statistically significant difference unless you've got some nigger rigged obrez, so that sounds like exactly the kind of activity your dumb ass would find useful.

It specifically says you cannot own one for the purpose of self-defence, it doesn't say anything about using them for self defence.

>miss your shot,
>disorient yourself with your own gun firing
>blinded by muzzle flash
>dead

>Don't read the thread
>Tell people about their country

Sup Forums in a nutshell, what a truly shitty board. I'm done with you morons.

No need to get a gun licence just pay some subhuman down the road to shoot something while I have a cup of tea.

lol bullshit, you wear earplug at the range for a reason. Sound has a huge disorientating effect.