Moving to Lancaster PA

I'm going to be moving to Lancaster PA and surrounding areas for grad school (millersville) and curious what you guys thought about the area

>be me
>30
>have gf that likes quiet towns
>don't make much money (40k)
>love outdoorsy stuff (horses, camping)

Is it a worthwhile endeavor?

The real estate is super cheap compared to Chicago. I saw a 5bed room, 3000sqf town home for 120k.

Anyone with some experience in the area?

My family is from PA. Their roads are pretty bad but besides that will be well suited for your lifestyle.

Lancaster? That's Amish country. It's mostly just farms. If you're the type of person that doesn't mind quiet, rural life then you'll probably enjoy it. They also have Turkey Hills stores which are pretty based

good choice OP, it's comforting like the rural south if you get even 5 mi out of city limits

The roads are absolute trash here but Lancaster is pretty besides the horse shit left behind from the amish

Gad school? I fell for that scam. Stop going to school and get a real job.

I would move to the inner city if i was you....
I heard it was beautiful this time of year.
#innercitysoblack

It smells like cow shit and the downtown area is filled with Mexicans and opiate addicted white trash. Also, antique stores and outlet shopping.

Lived in PA for a few years. Shit roads and a bunch of flyers fans but other than that, it's nice

I applied and interviewed at a medical residency program there. Glad I didn't end up there. Middle of nowhere, not much to do, and lots and lots of Mexicans.

Hope you speak Spanish.

I have a real job its just that a masters is the only way for advancement in that field + its being covered by my current employer so free school

What do you consider a real job? I'm open to suggestions. I only have this current job because I lied on my resume.

How's the restaurant scene? And farmers markets?

Do you mean the roads are unpaved dirt roads and I'll be bouncing around in my car if I go over 40mph?

I also grew up in Downingtown.

And FYI when you say "Lancaster" pronounce it "LINK-ISTER"

I don't but my gal does. Still, I'm from Chicago so I'm used to being in nigger/spic central. Can't imagine its much worse. Are guns plentiful?

Would it be better to live close to linkister city proper or more rural?

well most of the roads are paved but they are in the style of mountain dirt roads the size and how they wind.

Lancaster is pretty far from Philly so I'm not sure why you have a picture of the city. Not many niggers in Amish country but I think that their might be a sizable number of illegal beaners. The Amish are real, and they really drive horse and buggies everywhere.

t. Philly suburbs

120k is too cheap. There is something wrong with the house or neighborhood.

I went to MU. Quiet campus, not much of a SJW scene.

Roads are bad, police speed traps everywhere, taxes too high, and nigs do nog. Lots of great bars tho and PA Dutch food is great of you do not mind getting fat.

Dont do this.It is pronounced as Lan - caster or lank - aster

I think that the thread has so far nailed Lancaster. It's quiet and the Amish keep to themselves, but there's horse shit everywhere. Once you stray into the town, there's brown people speaking Spanish in the more chain-ish places, e.g., the Wal-Mart.

Luckily, Lancaster is also near enough to civilization to escape every now and then. I wasted grad school time in a country shithole, but I don't think that Lancaster would be the same experience for you.

There are plenty of fine homes (in that area) that a 30yo could buy for $120k. If you want an...apartment with a foundation, and about 0.2 acre, you can get it for $120k.

The concept of the "starter house" is both alive and wise.

Hello user, I actually got my BA from Millersville.

Tons of restaurants in the city, there's central market (I think it's the oldest running one in the US). There's also Rutz.

Roads are fine in the area.

The more rural you go the whiter it gets, if that matters to you. Solanco is super white, camo everywhere. I live in the city and it really depends on the area you're at, don't get places in the south. You want north of king st.

How is millersville in terms of a school?

Jumping in here. Its a pretty decent school, my sister is going there now for an education related major and the jewing is minimal. Also, I believe there's a Identity Evropa chapter at the school.

Went to Penn Manor the high school next to Millersville, and have friends that currently attend it. Millersville is a great school and pretty quiet, youll be good there, party scene sucks if your into that, and moderately liberal but its surrounded by rednecks everywhere so it evens out pretty fair.

Evropa, yeah they exist lol, good luck not getting massacred if you try attending a meeting

PA in general is pretty comfy. I lived in Scranton for a few years, would recommend it.

Good teaching school and a good meteorology department. A little liberal but hell all campuses are now, there was a lot of trump support in the area during the election. Yard signs everywhere, only saw Hillary signs in the rich areas of the city. What degree are you going for?

just stay away from beaver street. unless you want to be stabbed or carjacked