How the media creates a false narrative

youtu.be/Mcdh1G2Rm4A

This situation is small of course, but if they're willing to selectively edit this footage for no real reason, what else are they willing to lie about?

I watched the whole thing. The Trumps and the Abes and Tillerman and all of them were having a good time.

Keep it up CNN

I think the most ridiculous thing he did was in the press conference he turned to Abe when talking about Japans growing economy, and then told him straight that they would be number 2 being the US economy. Right there in front of everyone on their home soil he just said they would never be as big as the US.

This is the first of many steps to 1+ 1= 3

Nips and the koi fish should be grateful

The narrative

The reality

>be Trump
>feeding fish
>following the example of your host

OMFG HE OFFENDED THE JAPANESE.

CNN is retarded and a bunch of greasy cumstains

They're the size of California with a shrinking population. Number 2 is punching way above their weight and they are proud of it.

It's pretty insulting though to just blurt it out in front of the media. Kind of saying it in a way that's like "you're going to be number 2 behind America, and there's nothing you can do about it".

>posts his channel here for more views
Nice one

Only Englishmen think this way. America is number one. That doesn't diminish you. We just have vast resources and were early industrialists. If we keep fucking up, India or China will eventually be number one. This doesn't diminish you

Well they are much smaller than the US in terms of landmass and population so...

Really it's him insulting China though.

You should let them lie about Trump feeding some fish the wrong way. This story is as important as one about some celebrity's Instagram ass-pics. There are bigger things happening right now and you should focus on them instead.

From a purely diplomatic point of view however, he still fucked up.
When you are a guest in a foreign country you do your best to emulate the culture so that you do not disrespect them.
For instance showing the soles of your feet to someone in parts of the middle east is enough to sour the mood.
Abe clearly took care to throw the food with both hands on the container and throw the food outward so to distribute it more evenly. Trump just nonchalantly drops the food out with one hand. He showed no care in what he was doing,and taking extra care is a HUGE thing in Japanese culture. That is why Tillerson is looking at him like that, because he knows that.

Look I'm some shill, I don't think it is a huge deal or anything. I am sure they got on just fine, after all both of the countries benefit hugely from one another.
But it does show either a lack of interest or a lack of self awareness. Neither of which are great signs.

Only Americans don't see the issue with openly telling everyone in the room you are number one and your 'friend' and equal next to you is actual number 2 and will never be as big or good as you.

Reminds me of Versailles. Oh no, the Marchioness's figertips curled most uncouthly while applicating tissue to His Maiesty's rearmost quarters during the Ritual of Cleansing! His judgement is surely that of a madman!

We're not that short, it is true.

Roman diplomacy my dude.
Or did you think "the sun never sets on the British empire" was adequately humble?

I think that's your way. It's a really arrogant way of touring other cultures and meeting your supposed allies by announcing at the press conference you will be number one and your closest allie always will be number 2.

Who cares. He's not Japanese and thus he doesn't have to follow their traditions. I don't see foreign guests coming to America and shooting their AR-15's into the air while holding a cheeseburger in the other hand, do you?

Britain was never imperialist, my good comrade. That's a right-wing conspiracy theory.

CNN didn du nuffin
they just tryna go to chuch n sheeiitt

>but really, guys, we lied about it but it still not what we believe he should have done
Leftist on suicide watch

Sorry we tolerate reality. Maybe someday you'll learn to tolerate other cultures. Until then, enjoy your butthurt.

It doesn't make me mad, we know what the Americans are like. It's just how you are.

A primitive culture? Lol

Who cares about these fucking distractions? Why feed into it?
>inb4 "feed" into it

This dudes eyes tho

I always expect the media to lie, but this is so brazen a falsehood on such an inconsequential subject that I'm honestly surprised how low they've set the bar now.

will you shut up and go back to plebbit you nigger

What makes me profoundly sad and existential is when I think about just how many things over the entire course of human history were false and would have or could have been different had they not been reported the way they were...

C'est la view, I suppose...

The brit is right, you can't be the guest and act like the top dog at the same time, that's Diplomacy 101, and the main reason why NAFTA will not be renegotiated, nor any economical trade while Trump is still in power.

>Abe throws it all in
>Trump pours it all in
>SHAMEFUR DISPRAY!
fuck off and fuck you.

Since when did you Brits become such bitches about busting balls. You guys used to be top tier bantz. Now you're barely north of pathetic.

I agree about respecting the customs from other countries but Trump is all about demonstrating his independence and power. What he did remains pretty harmless and unless he killed the fish in the process it isn't a big deal. He followed everything to the T until the very end where he dropped the food.

What this demonstrated is his strength in character. Of course the media wouldn't like that.

Well why not

Jesus Christ you have to be kidding me...

To overtake China Japan would need to more than double their GDP, to overtake America they would need to quintuple their GDP. Being #2 is no small feat.

Arrogant and loud.

Trust a Mexican intellectual to believe telling the truth in another country is bad

This is why Mexico is the foremost diplomatic power of Central America, often taking the lead in regional crises and paying for border security infrastructure projects of their neighbors.

>mainstream creating click bait out of bait

So butthurt.
>But Muuuuuum! I'm not mad I just literally can't stop insulting the other boys who won't kiss my ass!

Whoa...

>he just said they would never be as big as the US
>he just said
See, I think this is the real problem with dough-brained liberal fuckwads: they embrace lies and recoil from the truth

USA and China have nearly the same GDP, with most estimates putting China ahead of us. In order to overtake either of those countries Japan would need to multiply their GPD by the same number, not x2 and x5.

>"the sun never sets on the British empire"
It was the Spanish Empire.

This looks less good than I thought. This is clearly a cultural gaffe, why else would Abe laugh like that? Japanese people are delicate with customs and formalities like this.

It's not about kissing ass, it's just having a little respect when you're in someone elses country, and not feeling the need to belittle your apparent ally in front of his media and on his home soil. Is that not very disrespectful to you?

Just wait 'til Trump visits Luxembourg. Many tendies will be chewed furiously.

Trump didn't need to "toss" the koi feed into the pond because his arms are much longer than Abe.

You do realize that Trump is a big guy right?

/thread

in this fucking country where uprooting what exists to pander to new cultures is the norm, i will vote for anyone who walks into another country for a visit and retains their culture the whole time. im sick of people changing who they are because they are told thats the polite thing to do

fuck you

What the press doesn't understand is that Trump did that on purpose to show how little regard he has for the Japanese emperor. It was a power move, not of ignorance. The guy has koi ponds in his hotels, I'm sure he knows how they work, and I'm sure he knows how the emperor will feel if he sees him blatantly dumping in his koi pond.
"This is what I think of you, this is what I think of your culture, so know your fucking place unless you want Hiroshima 2.0, zipperhead"
Think of the koi dumping as a very painful handshake that the emperor couldn't hide the wincing from.

>He followed everything to the T until the very end where he dropped the food.
At best, you can argue the manner in which he dumped it. Stll, Abe did it first so it's all fair game.

It's not like we all don't know the US is the worlds super power. He's not exactly building great strong relationships with your countries allies by bullishly stomping around the world and declaring "America number 1" all the time. Who gives a fuck. Why not just stay in your own country. I'm no liberal either, i like what Trump is doing in terms of immigration and I like that he does put America first, but there's no need to become some kind of arrogant cunt going around the world squaring off to people because he knows there's nothing anyone can do.

smug faggots

Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the koi pond.

It's not belittling and basically no one in Japan will read it that way. Your militant ignorance of Japanese and American cultures is the only thing offensive here.

Japan has worked hard to dig their economy out of the toilet. Reaching number 2 would be their proudest achievement since the Japanese Economic Miracle.

We both believe in hard work and the fruits thereof more than empty flattery.

When the left fall for bait hahah nice pol keep up the good work hahah

because the USA has twice their population retard

They're #3 behind China, their mortal enemy, you tea drinking fuck stick. They used to be #2 and it was because of W. Edwards Deming that they made it there in the first place.

For you

>the most powerful movement to expose the left for hating white people was a flier with just five words on it
>the most powerful evidence that the jewish media are helplessly compulsive liars is Trump feeding some goldfish

This is the timeline to end all timelines.

context matters
trump is the guy talking about how the usa is number one and america first. you think japan doesnt know this?
the japanese are clever enough to not take it as an insult

your opinion is null.

They're willing to lie about anything and everything

These people would lie about murders and cover up for pedophiles.

In fact they have; detroux, rotterham, etc.

they are scum and nothing that comes from them should ever be trusted, no matter how innocuous it seems. You have to always ask, "what is their ulterior motive in showing this", because they always have one, even if it's just to try and convince you that they don't.

Also, the feds killed the branch davidians. Fwiw.

Everything.

My point is is that Japan does know that, as do the rest of the world. Did you see the press conference?

>he has never told his friends he is better than them but they can always be his sidekick
this is why you will never be a chad

It is too bad the koi ate so much that they committed suicide. This is Donald Trumps fault

They do know so they should be upset that, of all people, Donald Trump (the absolute madman!) said it aloud?

Did that sound better in your head?

i love this

Good one Netherlands.

as much as people shit on Canada, even Canada will admit that Australia and aussies are total fuckin fags

its ok bud
you can always be our number 2

I know you haven't actually seen the press conference if you think he just said it in passing, or as a fact. He said it and made a point of turning to Abe and telling him they will always be number 2 behind the US. You need to watch it.

no one cares about the opinion of canadians
aussies are based

>Population equates to prosperity

mind if I save this?

Another moment of goes without saying. I've always felt safe under the Netherlands military protection and great trading network.

>actual number 2
The only "actual number 2" is your post, you brittle little Nancy-boy

It's all yours my friend. :^)

Holy shit imagine being this butthurt over another country's leader regarding their interactions with another country that is not your own.

the size of any nations economy increases with population
developed nations are equal in everthing else so population is the only relevant factor

Do you believe Japan thinks they could ever be #1 as long as the US exists?

can anyone give me a link or a webm of the video showing abe dumping his shit first

CNN hates America.

No they don't.

Imagine this, you are at a social event and you are in a group and everyone is talking. Your friend, who is bigger and stronger than you is talking, everyone is listening to him talk, and then he turns to you and says something along the lines of "You know you could never beat me in a fight user? You will never be as strong as me". And then carries on talking. You know there's nothing you can, you just stand there while he keeps talking. That's what Trump did on an international level.

It's hard being number 5.

Stop being so arrogant as to think that you have to be offended for us you paki slave

>the virgin spoonful
vs
>the Chad dump

>baiting like this

Fucking KYS

oooo based nip to save the day. You're getting pussified by Trump.

Imagine this, Japan isn't insecure and understand their place in the geopolitical economical hierarchy, when the President of the most powerful country in the world tells you "You will be with me. You will be #2 by my side." you don't feel like a butthurt 13 year old boy because some leftist cucks think you should.