Help me brothers

So far I'm planning to start using the Brave Browser for internet surfing, Proton Mail for email services, any random VPN and possibly the TOR browser for instant messaging services.

Can any of y'all recommend any alternative options that might be better, and if so, what makes them better?

On the contrary, can anyone provide me a reason as to why that stuff might not be worth it at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7
youtube.com/watch?v=sIwgHi67dV4
privacytools.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

it's shittier than google

>planning to start using the Brave Browser for internet surfing
there is no such thing as privacy on the internet.
just use chrome like a normal person.

It's gonna be a few more years at most until men in black suits knock on your door and take you away for having said something wrong on Sup Forums or Twitter. We might as well try to take measures to protect ourselves against that.

>run Tails Linux in virtual machine
>run logless offshore VPN on host machine
>only use the Tor browser bundle
>use complex passwords for accounts
>use different emails for each different account
>use different screennames for each account

Use palemoon. Brave sucks right now.

hey paid detractors, how's it going?

brave runs on chrome dude.
use a command line browser with inline images.

its actually based around Firefox since the original creator of the browser used to own Firefox

shut the fuck up spic, its straight up chromium based you dont know shit.

>blink, chromium
my bad

it's a good start, you should look into using a *BSD or Linux based OS if you really want to protect yourself. it's not as scary as it sounds

Chromium itself doesn't contain certain proprietary google code.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install w3m
sudo apt-get install w3m-img
w3m Sup Forums.org/pol
done.

Is that a list of non-Jewish apps to use?

this is guy is a faggot. dont listen to this aesthetic internet nigger.

>uses comcast as an ISP

You really ought consider not becoming a fucking meme. I'm not saying that to shit on you I am telling you there is no possibility that if you do something the government cares about enough to track you that you, specifically you, and many people like you that are not like me in this way will get caught.

Do you know what TAO is? TAO is the Tailored Access Operations Division of the NS fucking A, the only publicly known soup agency that knows what the fuck they're doing. When you actually piss off the government, and they want you found and dead, TAO will make sure most normie tech enthusiasts like yourself and script kiddos are caught.

The fact of the matter is unless you are
>fucking children
>distributing video or audio examples of you fucking/torturing children
>launder money
>commit cyber terrorism
>try to prove the government does all of the above with legal impunity through the CIA NIR and NSB and actual non alphabet organizations with multiple testimonies that could put clinton in prison

You are not going to be on NYPD's radar, let alone TAO. DONT get on that radar.

You are a fucking normie. You shitpost on Sup Forums and probably don't even go on 8pol or even a honeypot like end ch @ n. You talk to other normies and live a normal life. You are like me. I do not commit these kinds of crimes, and I certainly do not put my nose where it doesn't belong that would piss the federal and world/international government off. I like being alive and being able to have children without fear.

The point of pol is to learn to live well and get a family. It's supposed to motivate you to be a better person not try and avoid government violation of your fourth amendment or to commit cyberterror.

So just be smart. Use chrome and be a good wage slave. You have far more important things to do than worry about that.

no it's actually an outdated list of friendly/useful software. i forgot how old it was. here's my stack though
>Fedora OS
>IceCat browser
>extensions: noscript, greasemoney, disconnect, Privacy Settings, HTTPS Everywhere, ublock origin, foxy proxy
>StartPage search engine
>Protonmail email
>No social media of any kind besides Sup Forums

Fedora is a binary based distribution. In other words, it isn't safe.

if i have a tablet
try alpha browser. it has a built in VPN

pretty much this op. its not about your browser its about them monitoring ALL OF YOUR FUCKING TRAFFIC NO MATTER WHAT YOU USE.

>nearly everyone uses comcast as an ISP
use a VPN and Tor -- it wont matter. your ISP cant spy.

still has to go through your ISP bro. they can put their electronic hand ANYWHERE. they catch people on vpn pirating on torrents like nothing now. vpn aint shit. in fact the only thing that can be done at this point is to use someone elses internet not your own.

paid detractors or just not a self-important faggit

>your ISP cant spy.
KEK! fucking amateurs

This.

Really LIBRE PC:

Buy a laptop compatible with Libreboot, and libreboot it obviously.
Use a Free Software Foundation approved GNU/Linux distro.
Use Icecat instead of Firefox, /w Tor and JSLibre.
Use FSF approved addons (Ublock, https everywhere, etc).
Use Startpage/duckduckgo/searx, etc.
Buy a VPN (don't use free ones).

care to explain how your ISP can spy when you're routing traffic through a VPN and Tor?

You make a good point.

What the fuck is TAO though?

>unless you are

This is where most people go wrong. The government doesn't give a shit about you but someone else might. The government is too busy doing other stuff, and most of the people that do cool stuff didn't bust their ass so they could chase beta NEETs like us. However, you should worry about Southern Poverty Law Center or some other far leftist (or far right, actually) organization using their slush fund to illegally dox you and fuck your life up in ways that you don't even know are happening.

All that being said, if anyone is coming to Sup Forums asking about how to hide from these people they are already a lost cause. It's said here over and over again, you are tracked here.

So how do you handle this? Do what you were probably doing here anyway. Troll like a motherfucker. Post conflicting opinions, post shitty memes, mock the people you agree with, then mock your opposition. Present arguments that make people think even if you hate them. Don't take the internet too serioulsy and NEVER trust the internet. Also, be perfectly willing to shrug it off if somehow that bestiality clip of you gets leaked on your facebook wall.

I really wish this future we live in was exciting and we were part of some cutting edge dystopian organization. Unfortunately, you should be more careful about some Tranny doctoring his photos so he can sext you then leak it to tell all your friends you are down with the ladyboy brown. That's how shit is really down. I'm talking some psycho antifa guy making you put on a wig and fucking you up the ass on live feed. That's the future. The NSA is literally trying to prevent a holocaust, no really, that's what they are doing. We have the usual anarchists that are more than likely under the table bankrolled by foreign government via Soros. The catch is they are degenerate as fuck, and pretty stupid. If they weren't degenerate, and they were smart, they would be tracking those foreign governments instead.

I'm aware of that issue, but it's miles better than Windows. I don't plan on using it forever, and I'll move to Arch eventually. If you want people to stop using a botnet OS they can't just dive right in

>there is no possibility that if you do something the government cares about enough to track you that you
wrong. keywords are all it takes to be put on a list, and that list of keywords expands exponentially.
>nothing to hide nothing to fear maymay
things that are okay today may not be okay tomorrow (see point above) and something you did in the past will very much affect your future. the less information you leave behind, the better your future can be.

It's not a good point. You should have the right to not be spied on regardless of your online activities.

i know tor has ur ip and stuff some dude made a bomb threat using it and it traced back to him

>should

That's true but "Freedom isn't free" the fight never ends, it's an eternal game of cat and mouse.

....do you honestly think, that your traffic is going to go straight from your house to a vpn? dude. this is how a vpn works:
your traffic -> isp -> vpn -> everything else. how many fucking devices is your traffic traveling through and being copied along the way from your house to isp to vpn? you think your traffic goes straight to vpn from your house? that doesnt even make physical sense. where do you think your throughput comes from bruh?

use iridium or icecat

they used synchronization to track the user. tor wasnt vulnerable and it didnt have his ip.

I currently use brave. works fine

>install brave
>no dark theme
>uninstall

>runs on chrome dude
No, Chrome runs on Chromium. That is the kind of complexity that will be your downfall if you don't 1) learn Python and 2) browse on USB tails through Tor only.

>do you honestly think, that your traffic is going to go straight from your house to a vpn?
Traffic is routed through the VPN before it's sent out to the Internet. Yes. This is literally how a VPN works. All your ISP sees in encrypted data.

All the isp will see is encrypted data

Then why does this exist?
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Proton do a vpn, both free and paid.

I didn't say google couldn't contribute certain opensource code.

use pale moon or any other free firefox clones for browsing.
Use Thunderbird + Enigmail for secure emails instead of the pseudo-security of proton mail (as its server-side you have no control over them). With that you can even use your boring hotmail or gmail account for encrypted emails.

Use Signal for messaging (free and open source and much more performant than TOR).

If it's the case that your ISP knows what you're doing, regardless of if you use a VPN or the TOR Browser, then how do people who use all those fucked up services on TOR like drug sites and weapon sites not get instantly arrested. Surely their ISP would have seen that traffic and reported it if you live in a country where guns or certain drugs you're buying are illegal?

I use SR Ware Iron Browser based on Chrome but apparently is owned by one of (((Them))). Vivaldi is good too

encryption. make sure you're browsing Sup Forums with https

you are both right imo

Yes , everything online is going on a server somewhere and analysed by Big Data algorithms.. corporations do it out of greed, but they cooperate with the government too obviously. There's literally no reason for them NOT to do this, it's not like it's that expensive, and knowledge is power blah blah. What kind of AI/VI analysis might be available in the future to go through this massive amount of data and who or what it might be used on we can only speculate

However, to get the attention of a real human bean , specifically government , you really have to fuck up

As for activists NGOs and companies taking though crime into their own hands, that's kind of a grey area and I haven't seen any examples of this other than old fashioned manual doxxing. Valve shut down Mike Enoch's Steam account (LOL) but I think some shitlib just reported him

Don't listen to overly-complex autistic kikery.

If you want to improve your shit aim for "good enough".

[NUMBER 1: OS]

If you'll use Windows, use 7 with SP1. See [1] for additional details on what you should watch out for. Block all updates and shit. If you will use Linux, go with Mint or Xubuntu. Hold all important (read: PERSONAL) data on USB rather than constantly having it on your computer. I hold it on unmounted drive.

[NUMBER 2: BROWSER]

Use Firefox for browser, and don't think further than that. Install the following addons:

1) uMatrix
2) uBlock Origin
3) Random Agent Spoofer
4) HTTPS Everywhere

Master these addons. For [1] and [3] you will spend some time, but it's the best online privacy investment of your life.

Do the following tweaks:
1) In preferences set cookies on self-destruct after browser is closed
2) In "Random Agent Spoofer" set referrer so that it only shows if you're coming from the same site. Google "what is my referer" for test websites
3) In address bar type "about:config". Make sure "geo.enabled" is set to false.

[NUMBER 3: BROWSER EXTRA]

Use Firefox Profiles. Make a profile for personal stuff (social media, emails etc.), and make a profile for other stuff, like Sup Forums etc.
You can do this in Linux by typing "firefox -P", and make a permanent shortcut by "firefox -P examplename"
In Windows it is a similar procedure. Google it. When I say "Google it", use anything but google. Duckduckgo is criticized, but at least it's not google. Don't overthink it, it's all botnet. Some is just less botnet than the other.

cont.

[NUMBER 4: VPN]

Do not, under any circumstances, use a VPN that has it's own client (read: VPN application). Perhaps with exception of protonmail's protonvpn, only because they have some credibility. You can apply for free VPN and the wait time is few weeks casually.

Other than that use a VPN that allows for openvpn. "Openvpn" is a open source vpn client into which you import configs you get from your vpn provider (like you would import an email account into email client, like thunderbird).
Get (read: "BUY") a decent VPN. If you're not enemy-of-the-state-tier, get one off humble bundle. Every few months they will have 1year of premium VPN for $1 to $10. It's "good enough". If you want to go pro, get NordVPN and pay with bitcoin. I personally don't got that far.

[1] wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Windows_7

I'm a senior software dev, so let me tell you a few things about Brave, Proton Mail, Tor, et. al.:

>Brave
Don't. In terms of features, it's fine. But because of the way it renders the window, it has worse UX (user experience) because the UI is treated like a webpage (it uses a rendering system called Muon that they authored). It does twice the work compared to native rendering like Chrome/Chromium, Firefox, etc.
One positive is it uses Blink, which is Chromium's Javascript engine.
All in all, it's better (from a developer perspective) to use a de-Google'd Chromium fork. I don't have any recommendations on that front, because I'm working on finding a good one myself.
>Proton Mail
It's okay. I don't trust it, because it isn't open-source, but that's just me. It's great for both people who don't want to use PGP and normies alike, so go for it. Just treat their security like any other email platform, and if you want to send sensitive data, encrypt it yourself before sending it. Remember that the "end-to-end encryption" only applies to conversations between ProtonMail users.
>any random VPN
I've used many, and thus far the only one worth its salt IMO is Private Internet Access. But do your research before you choose one.
>possibly the Tor browser
Tor is great, but don't use it on its own. Use your VPN in tandem with Tor.

In general, be smart.

Every time a Tor browser starts up, an alarm sounds at the NSA and all activity is monitored in real time by a real human operator.
Just sayin'

Hello, CIA

It’s actually based on firefox but you wouldn’t know because you’re autistic.

some VPNs leave logs which can be detected, and some routers have built in ability to detect use of the tor browser(avoid this by using bridges)

You on a windows, mac, or linux?

>If you'll use Windows, use 7 with SP1. See [1] for additional details on what you should watch out for. Block all updates and shit. If you will use Linux, go with Mint or Xubuntu. Hold all important (read: PERSONAL) data on USB rather than constantly having it on your computer. I hold it on unmounted drive.

Can you explain this user? What's actually wrong with using the most recent windows? Does it screenshot everything you do or where you post? Also, wouldn't using an out of date no update windows leave you open to getting rekt by Trojans etc through just regular browsing?

>Data encryption: AES-256
>Data authentication: SHA256
>Handshake: RSA-4096
They see nothing but encrypted bits, brainlet.

Newer windows = newer botnet, telemetry etc.

My spider sense tells me that once you get into updates they make it harder for you to refuse one later one (like transfer to windows 10).

In theory, the security argument is true. But in practice I never had any relevant issues, nor did I ever hear "I wish I installed that one windows update". My perception is that it's a meme.

Even if it's not, get a good antivirus, and utilize the addons I recommended in section 2. No way in hell you'd catch something short of downloading it onto your computer and running it.

Also, avoid flash player. It's generally useless in 2017.

Brave sucks because there's no add-ons for it. Use firefox with ublock origin, ad nauseam, and hoxx vpn.

> I'm a retard who doesn't understand how encryption work yet talk dumb like I understand computaz.

Anyone recomend best stuff to, Can't pay for vpn because I am a poorfag, use Tor, Protonmail, and brave though, any better ones, heard from past comments in the thread that these three are useless without vpn.

Best stuff to me, I hate tyling on nkggery phones.

FUCK TYPING ON NIGGER PHONES REEEEEEEEEE

> brave browser
fuck that, just use firefox...
> tor
... that comes with tor.
> protonmail
great service. great mobile app.

> avoid flash player. It's generally useless in 2017.
it was generally useless when it was invented. it's pure cancer. there's no reason for any person or website to use it today.

To me it's the thought of big data using me as a cash-cow during my free time without my consent. Until they give me part of the cut, I'll keep using pic related

Didn't proton cancel the email accounts of some right wing users recently? I'd use them if they were cucks.

Brave >>>> Firefox, except for advanced users. You tell your mom to download Brave and not have to worry about any more questions. Seriously.
After the Tor team virtue signaled about "Nazis" I am not sure any one should trust them. These are jews we are talking about. I am sure they resisted putting back doors in their software for child molesters and slave traders. Stormfront? These are jews. There probably is a back door now.

>brave browser

OP being a massive faggot like usual

>it was generally useless when it was invented

There were some dank room escape games to play desu

>Killing google would be horrible
t. cuck

Using Comodo right now, it's okay. Brave is okay, it's not as good as Comodo, tho.

If you want to be "secure" get your life in a place where google or facebook (or any one corporation) can't hijack your calendar, your email, your domains, your data, etc. The rest is just memes that make it easier for you to be spotted by spoops.

Using TOR is like painting yourself in CIA cum: you glow in the dark.

how about vivaldi? its chrome based, beautiful UI and it installs chrome extensions with no extra steps.

I use ublock origin, privacy badger, https everywhere and random user-agent..

Roughly this EXCEPT one BIG ASS caveat: Corporations like Google, Facebook Uber, etc. ARE VERY MUCH SPYING ON YOU for their fun and profit. Don't use chrome. Fuck google.

>killing google
>unironically believing google can be killed with a meme browser by a cuck that got culturally enriched from his company
>contributing to the botnet

Next you will tell me to use AdNauseum

People thinking like this TAOnigger is exactly why we have this problem. Which makes me think we have a 'soup nigger' on our hands.

Yes this is fucking dangerous, but someone has to take a calculated risk for things to even have a chance to get better.

youtube.com/watch?v=sIwgHi67dV4

>kids born into pedophile rings
>kids without family
>kids noone else will care about
If we dont do something, who will? Fuck even talking about this and just uncovering new stuff is better then doing nothing.

>but i have a family
If enough families think that, and they do, they will just continue to steal kids from car crashes. YOUR FUCKING KID will be their target.

>I cant explain it to my wife/husband
You have to. There is no line in the bible, save sodoma and gomorra that explicitly says pedophilia is wrong. Why? Because noone ever thought we would have to. The arguments against child fiddling are secular, and yet we got rid of religion so well that people cant even explain why its wrong to fuck kids. here is why:
>a child is innocent
even if a child kills its out of experiment not for the sake of it like adults do
>a child is defensless
There is nothing a child can do to defend themselves if an adult wants to abuse his/her power

And what do these piccageyt faggots do? The torture, fuck and murder kids and let them know exactly how powerless they are in this. More, they set up corrupt organisations, fronting as help, just to dump them back into everything.
Kids that noone givesn a shit about except one of the filthiest boards on the net.
Someone has to take the bullet, someone has to take the risk to health/life/career for these kids. If you let yourself thinking you dont have to do anything and its ok to be scared, then explain to me why shouldnt everyone else think the same and shrug at this.

privacytools.io/

Share it, bro.
Change your OS, your mobileOS, delete your all your social media too.

Wasn't there always a backdoor? The program was literally made for the US government so agents working in foreign countries could have a browser secure from local governments surveillance

Telemetry? So Windows systems are literally being remote viewed all the time or what?

you sound like this is news to you m8

Lol what conspiracy theory is this..cliffs?

shill spotted
>no goy, don't use browser with ad blocking, tracking blocking, and privacy features
>google ads are good

If there wasn't one before, there probably is one now. These are jews we are dealing with. Of course they would betray their "principles" to hurt Stormfront while protecting child rapists and slave traders. That is like this most jewish thing ever to do

Brave it's good enough, it makes browsing almost bearable.

not a theory

tails uses systemd user, it's compromised if you care about security. You have an alternative of it called heads, which is systemd free. Other than that I am not familiar with it.

Alternatively install gentoo or arch, using openRC instead of systemd.

You also got devuan, which is a debian fork without systemd. I ran it for half a year before this distro, it's decent but maybe a bit slow on the rolls.

Other than that you have very good points there, one account one password one mail. I use tempmail whereever I can these days, on top of that I got like 6 million mail accounts too.
Nothing is safe these days, and if they rekt your hardware, well then you are fucked nomatter what os you run and compiling with hardening etc won't help shit either

Enjoy your botnet 6 processes and a gig of ram just to turn it on.

w-what about Yandex?

well opera comes with a built in proxy which is free

I use vivaldi but opera is damn sweet too

At best they're gathering data. At worst, they're analyzing your images to detect illegal content. They already have a project for that, "microsoft PhotoDNA".

>yes goy, use our botnet browser that's built from the groundup to spy on you but don't worry we have placebo privacy features that mean jack shit because our browser is a data-mining tool for advertizers
>our data mining browser is better than googles data mining goy

>1) uMatrix
>2) uBlock Origin
>3) Random Agent Spoofer
>4) HTTPS Everywhere
This!
And
>Self destructing cookies (destroys all cookies when you leave a page or close a tab)

Fedora uses systemd leaf...

If you have uMatrix you don't need Random Agent Spoofer as it has it built-in. RAS is depracated and abandoned.

>tfw SDC doesn't work any longer
I sweare, it stopped working with 56.0, and the alternative one (cookie autodestruct, or whatever the name is) doesn't work either.

At least, so it seems.

Vivaldi or kys