How do you explain this Sup Forums?

How do you explain this Sup Forums?

nytimes.com/2016/12/17/opinion/sunday/unequal-sentences-for-blacks-and-whites.html

Blacks get longer prison sentences even when they commit the same crimes.

The only explanation for this injustice is systemic racism.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XXhEEZUp1Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=u_5XNJgYqjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow Rare.

Well that, or prior convictions and behavior in the courtroom. If the white guy who's busted on his first fuck-up who constantly addresses the judge as 'Your Honor' gets a lighter sentence than the nog who has record stretching back to the age of 9 and who exclusively refers to the judge (and incidentally his public defender) as "cracka mofucka", I'm not losing any sleep over it.

Have you ever seen a nigger's reaction to getting arrested and tried in court vs a white's? Niggers resist like shit and generally are more troublesome to deal with. White criminals usually just sit there, get sentenced, then go to jail, while the nogs pull the dindu nuffin card all the way to the slammer.

It's been pretty well debunked.

You need to factor prior arrests, and the fact that the prosecutors often give them a chance to plead guilty to a lesser offence to save time and resources.

So often they are actually being arrested for a more serious charge.

>Sup Forums would be bothered by this if it were true

Need a lot more information than same crime.

Hell most blacks don't even want to wear a suit to their trial even if their fucking lawyer will pay for a rental.

Blacks get sentences commensurate to the number of crimes that they commit.

blacks dont take deals. they go to trial and end up getting much worse sentences as a result.

>The only explanation for this injustice is systemic racism.
Wrong. It's because comitting the same crime multiple times gives you longer sentences.

>No information on terms for first time vs repeat offenders
Meaningless fagotry.

Blacks do not challenge the system enough.

Demand to take your case to trial. The DA will attempt to coerce you into avoiding a trial, but fuck that. Make them. If you have to worry about trial then so should the judge and jury and DA. This will make the DA want to drop the case if it’s not a big deal or if the DA has a shitty case to begin with.

The threat of “if you go to trial you’ll likely get a more severe punishment” is their way of moving you out the door and upping their conviction rate. They are incentivized to do this because conviction rates get jobs at law firms when the DA is eventually ousted for stepping on too many toes.

That being said, if you actually broke the law and get caught quit bitching and do your shitty punishment. You knew what you were doing was wrong. Suck it up and do your time/probation.

Niggers actually do commit crimes in higher proportion to whites, or at least whites are better at getting away with it. Niggers spend so much time breaking the law in the streets where the police can fuck you that the fourth amendment basically doesn’t protect them. Break the law in your house and don’t answer the door when the cops come. They need a warrant and probable cause for a warrant if they can’t gain entry without breaking the door down.

Don’t be a dumb nigger, know the law

Plenty of other explanations. (assuming the study accounted for prior criminal records)
Blacks don't present themselves well to juries of any race (see pic) If a white person shows remorse, even if it is an act, they may be given a shorter sentence.
The crime itself was different despite having identical charges. e.g. a nigger cutting up her kids and putting them in a freezer would get more time than a murder committed without any acts that are fundamentally repulsive.
Niggers are more likely to reside in high crime areas and judges/juries may feel obligated to be tougher on crime because they have seen for themselves the consequences of crime.

There are probably other factors at play as well. Reducing something as complicated as the criminal justice system to a single statistic is beyond asinine. BTW how is the male/female comparison? If whites being privileged result in shorter sentences why do men receive longer sentences than women even though they are supposedly privileged over them?

white people show up to courts ready to bow for forgiveness and nigs show up ready to chimp out for the judge, they don't even try.

Was it normalized by the wealth?
Everyone knows american prosecutors go for maximum sentences when their victims can't afford proper legal help/years of battling in the court.
Jusy the same way it happens to white people who are pisspoor by choice or circumstances.

Watch a black person get arrested. They'll wrestle, yell "I DINDU NUFFIN", and maybe in the process of that they elbow the cop in the face. Congrats nigger, your parking ticket just became a felony.

becaue they always have to add
>resisting arrest
into the rap sheet

Prior convictions. A black man with three previous convictions will get a harsher sentences than a white man with no convictions.

And the gap between genders is six times wider, yet liberals sure do love talking about the wage gap eh?

Who cares, they're never productive citizens. They only cost us money, so who really gives a shit if they get longer sentences?

>In Broward County, a criminal judge asked to be reassigned after saying an attempted murder case was “NHI” — an acronym for “no humans involved.” The defendant, victim and all of the witnesses were black.

Or it might just be that they have multiple prior offenses.

Economic factors, white people have better lawyer's becuase even among criminals they are more likely to have jobs and save money for the future which results in more favorable sentences.

The judge typically takes it into consideration whether or not you're a first time offender. Hence the reason why black people get more jail time.

Or they could disrespect the judge, or have a shitty attitude in the court room, or talk about how they was Kangz and the articles of confederation

Come back to me when robbery and murder are the same thing

Niggers don't know how to act in public.

>During a recent first-appearance docket in Gainesville, the family members of defendants — mostly black — packed the chambers wearing a baseball jersey, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles T-shirt and camouflage Chicago Bulls pajamas. One woman had curlers in her hair. Another man was wearing shorts and knee-high socks stitched to look like stacks of dollar bills.

They can leave the country then.

I am white, have gone to court more than once, never hired a lawyer, never got in much trouble. I showed up to court dressed nicely and acted politely, and when I get arrested I'm extremely cooperative because I understand that's all you can do at that point. Find me a black man who did that and I'll point you to a black man who got a white man's sentence.

It's invisible privilege and implicit unquantifiable biases only if they lose out

/ourjudge/

"commit the same crimes" is a false premise, because no two crimes are the same.

Greater likelihood of having prior offenses. Greater likelihood of recidivism. Greater likelihood of facing prosecution in a high crime (read tough on crime/Southern) area.

Copfag here.
Does your article explain that Tyrone has a laundry list of prior charges and Jimmy is a first time offender? I'm not saying that's the end all explication but it can certainly explain the majority of racial sentencing disparity.

does this study take into account the fact some are repeat offenders?

Probably not.

this gives a good insight

Every nigger arrest ends with 5-10 charges of resisting arrest, assaulting police officers, poesseion of drugs and illegale weapons. All the time, every time even if it's a dui arrest.
Also chimping out in court calling the judge "fuqin cracka maaaaan" while wearing gang colours and babbling about dindun nuffin n we wuz kangz mufuga" won't help either.

It tried to. Apparently criminals are supposed to be judged on a super scientific point system that takes all that stuff into account. Of course, it doesn't take into account what the defendants do when in front of the judge.
The main conclusion of the article was that it is part of black culture to cuss out and threaten people in authority or the victims of their crimes and the evil white judges need to take that into consideration so the KANGS can get fair sentences.
youtube.com/watch?v=XXhEEZUp1Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=u_5XNJgYqjE

Believe it or not, Judges tend to frown upon Tyrone committing a laundry list of priors. I'm sure if it's Jamal's first offence, the Judge will be more lenient with his ruling, as to try to give the person a chance to turn their life around, and give them a chance to prove that it was a
>One time mistake
If they come in a second, third, fourth time, the Judge is going to assume they have not learned anything from their priors, are not trying to turn their life around, and it was not, in fact, I one time lapse in judgement. This applies to whites, blacks, browns, and yellows.

Are single mother children getting the longer sentences? Must be patriarchy, eh?

The article links to another article but there is no study in site, no proof it even happened.

Even if it was true, I bet that you would find Asians served half the time as whites.

This is also a good point. I've seen it first hand with speeding tickets. I went in once, I was WAY the fuck over the limit. I was pretty middle of the pack as far as the order the Judge saw me. All morning I watched people go up there, all pissed off. Acting a damn disrespectful fool, and then getting blown the fuck out with crazy high fines and points. These people all were going much less over the limit than I was. I get my turn, and I go up, I'm respectful. I'm apologetic. I said all the things the Judge wanted to hear, and at one point even got him to crack a smile. My fines were far less than a bunch of other people who for whatever reason, think that the penalties are not being handed out by a human being. These same people gave me the dirtiest fucking looks out at the clerk/payment window. I really just don't understand why people can't just do what the "man" obviously wants you to do. I guess it's fine if they want to be a hardass, but they should also expect the Judge to make them pay for that attitude.

>Blacks get longer prison sentences even when they commit the same crimes.
>same crimes
ahuh...
Do you account for things like criminal records or the acts taken place during those crimes?

There is no such thing as "the same crime"

Each crime is unique in circumstance. Go pull a police report some time, and then find a crime that you could possibly call the "same crime".

Even if I decide to walk around NYC and then punch the closest person to me when I receive a text message, each one of those assaults is a different crime with different circumstances. I might punch a 95 year old woman, or a 23 year old college football player. These were both Assaults, and I had the exact same motive in each of the crimes, but even for the sake of this experiment, I was unable to duplicated the "same crime".

The reason black people are punished more harshly is because their crimes are more brutal and lacking in remorse, almost without fail. Find me the most horrific murder you can by a white man, and I can find you a worse one by a black man.

>The only explanation for this injustice is systemic racism.
Of course user, another proof, two case but a same FBI sting operation, a borderline "entrapment" bomb plot.
Jerry Drake Varnell vs Quazi Nafis, the lighter skin got lower charges and prison time

It only deals with crimes by broad classification, not by the specific circumstances. Hence, the conclusion is uncertain.

absolute prediction: since most crime is against a person of the same race, if the sentence lenghts were reversed and blacks got less time, headline would be:

KILLING BLACK PEOPLE RESULTS IN SHORTER JAIL TIMES

The way the - post is broken up doesn't- give me confidence on the - accuracy of the article.

Niggers are repeated offenders, of course they’ll get harsher sentences.

when you cooperate with police they put it in the report and the judge is more lenient with you

Perhaps they statistically have different demeanors during trial, show less remorse, and make fewer plea deals...ehem, statistically.

OP lies by ommission.
Black have longer records.
OP is a faggot.