What is Sup Forums's opinion of Anti-depressants? Are they the chemical Jew?

I have decided to go back onto my go-to SNRI, Duloxetine (brand name Cymbalta), because I have been feeling very depressed and stressed out over being unemployed for over a year. I also have a history of struggling with alcohol and pain killer dependency. I am returning to the anti-depressant because I think it will help stabilise my mood long enough for me to make some positive changes in my life. Good idea?

They work for some people, for others they make things far worse. Since you've used them before I'm sure you have a gauge on what group you fall into.

Wow OK sorry user, why no work for a year?
I just started a 3 month vacation yesterday and I'm freaking out, I don't need the money, but I might go get a job at MacDonald's just so I don't go insane.
Surely you could have found something to do in a year, doing nothing is depressing as fuck.

all modern medicine is the chemical jew
live and die the way nature intended

They are absolutely terrible, the need to medicate the population just for being stressed, depressed or generally sad is a sign that something is wrong with the system.

In other words, you are just treating the symptoms not the cause.

>state sanctions drug abuse.

You depression is cause by the things in you life. The solution is to change them. If your gonna run from reality then you may as well just smoke weed.

Do the test. I have about 50points. I dont take any meds.

only effective anti-depressant is a bullet to the head ;_;

antidepressants make you comfortable in an uncomfortable society or lifestyle. if you're depressed and seek help from the state medical system to help you, rather than starting a healthier lifestyle and/or leaving your shitty mcdonalds or office job, you're a fucking idiot

This

I've been on SSRI's (Paroxetine/Seroxat) for 10 years or so now. Completely physically addicted, terrible withdrawal after 3 days without. It was like a wonder drug at first, but now it just staves off the withdrawal and keeps me from turning into the hulk over petty shit.

I handle life OK, and maintain a relationship/family. I am often accused of being a little bit autistic and lacking in empathy but meh.

I'd fucking kill myself before ever taking any disgusting kike drugs.

This. I used them for about a year then began to feel like I wasn't really being myself. It took me another year or so to realise that the problem was a systematic one within myself and that I needed to face the issue without any medication.

>not just reading stoic philosophy

Anti-depressants are for people with no willpower desu

You could switch to prozac and come off that, it's much easier due to its (and its metabolytes) insanely long half-life.

But don't do this by yourself, consult you doctor ofc.

I've heard this, I've just never tried it as the thought of possible Seroxat withdrawal terrifies me. So even though it's a different drug will I still not suffer withdrawal?

I would like to break the hold it has. I mean, I'm not that bothered that I'm on drugs if it keeps me somewhat chilled, as I don't feel like it has too many other negatives, nothing that really bothers me, and like I say, I have a family and decent job etc.

the best anti depressant is God

also avoids beta uprisings in freedom land

Honestly I've been in the same boat. I drank a lot when I was depressed, drugs as well. The best thing for me was cbt and gym. I would leave the ssri as a last resort. I've finished about 4 months of cbt a year ago now and I've been able to restructure my life. I've seen posts about j. Peterson, I would highly recommend the self authoring program he and a couple others created. It helped me see both the good and the bad habits I have, so now I aware of what is needed for me to progress.

If you feel bad, just take a pill. There's no reason to keep feeling bad, it'll help you get back on your feet.

>keeps me from turning into the hulk over petty shit.
That was the same as my dad while I was growing up. If he got pissed off easily I knew straight away he was off his anti-depression meds. It could have been as little as one or two days of not taking them. Not sure what he takes, all I know that it's an SSRI and he's been on them for 20 years.

>antidepressants
You are a good goy if you take your pills.

They do not work , they fuck you up and most likely a shitty narcotic.

Why the fuck are you such a weak minded tool. There are plenty of other things you can do instead you reach for the pharmaceutical jew. You are a disgraceful sack of shit.

>depressed
Fuck off you deserve nothing but mockery and scorn if you cannot pick yourself up or endure it. Chop your dick off and put on some panties while you're at it.

Greek blood

I'm feeling like going off them, they make my mind fucky.
I'm on fluvxajew and mirtazajew.

Anons, stop using pharmaceuticals
God forbid there is a situation where you can't get your meds, find natural ways to treat your condition and implore your doctor to help you

Do you mean cognitive behavior therapy with CBT? If yes, does it work? I'm considering buying a book about it.

If you tale SSRIs you are a stupid goy that fell for jewish tricks.
They barely work for some people and always bring awful side effects.
Stop taking these stupid pills

I'm sure you swear off antibiotics and vaccines too, right retards?

These drugs are to the body what zionism/multiculturalism is to the society. These drugs cause an an autoimmune disease where the body attacks itself because the body recognizes there is foreign agent wreaking havoc. CNN is the fake news that covers up both connections.

Sounds similar, I don't even see it coming, and it can be something stupid (and usually is). One minute I'm OK, the next it's red mist to the point where it concerns me as I lose control, and I'm not a small man.

It's not nice at all. That's the one main thing that the Seroxat has kept at bay for a long, long time, and I wouldn't want to risk experiencing it again.

>antibiotics
I bet you're one of those retards that can't tell the difference between bacteria and a virus
>vaccines
Unfortunately for you vaccines don't work against laziness and general cowardice.

I consider it a last resort. I was put on Sertraline back in January. I had worked two years without a day off, crazy hours in a high stress environment. Stress became too much to handle and I wound up in the hospital for what I thought was a heart attack. After a few weeks adjusting to Sertraline (which was hellish- nausea, insomnia, etc), I "mellowed out." That was it. Numbed life.

It helped a little but the side effects were far too rough for the therapeutic benefits. Insomnia was terrible. I abruptly stopped taking it and wound up with withdrawal symptoms (brain zaps, aggression, worse depression than before). Now they switched me to Cymbalta.

If I wasn't married, I'd just shoot myself. Seriously. There is nothing in life that I give a shit about. I see antidepressants as a means so I can provide and take care of my wife because I made a commitment to do so. But otherwise....

They are. I got sectioned three months ago because they fucked me up so badly. Doctors dish them out like candy without properly researching them. Turns out I am bipolar and they were giving me the wrong meds for 10 years.

IMHO stay the fuck away from any and all of those mindfuck pills, refuse to have them prescribed. If you're on them, wean yourself off with a doctor's supervision, don't quit cold turkey.

fpbp desu, most depression is due to the behavioral sink effect of our collapsing urban society though

Xenu told me they were a bad idea.

They are a chemical lobotomy. But sometimes that’s necessary.
In the vast majority of cases you can save yourself from the grips of depression by the following things:
>Eat a balanced diet
>Exercise frequently
>Get a sleep pattern
>Stop taking alcohol or drugs
>speak to people

From my experience, the vast majority of millennials who take them are just sheltered and mollycoddled spoilt lazy brats with no life skills who CAN'T EVEN life itself. Useless and stupid people take them.

IMO antidepressants are shit tier drugs. You'd be better off using opiates for depression, but the law doesn't agree so chances are you'll wind up on heroin if you try that route.

>Don't quit cold turkey

This. I quit cold turkey from the highest dosage and felt amazing for one week. Then, it hit me like a bag of bricks. Widespread pain, jolting feelings in my head, anger... It was rough. Best to wean off.

Only downside is... I'd have already put a bullet in my head had it not been for the medicine. It did not help with depression whatsoever but it did reduce the widespread pain. I had gone two years with some nasty chest pains- so bad at times that I would double over and hold my breath until the pain from that was worse by comparison. The medication helped with that. Imagine a headache that won't go away, and having to live with it.

This is very true
As is this

75 ;_;

I'll be 30 next year and am on track for full retirement by 40. Not a single penny was handed to me along the way.

I guess I fall as an exception to that rule...

It's not a "rule", it's just my experience. And yes, I guess you do...

It might help but you need to make absolutely sure that you are and can refrain from drinking or abusing any other meds while you are taking it. That is a recipe for disaster.

I would suggest that not drinking and abusing meds, plus a switch to a keto or paleo diet, and exercise will do more for you emotionally, mentally, and physically than any anti-depressant ever will.

If you haven't tried that first (and I mean really tried and given it six months to a year), then all an anti-depressant will do is mask the symptoms of a much bigger problem.

Even if you do take antidepressants, shouldn't that be a temporary until you can recover more naturally? It doesn't seem like you ought to be on them forever, but I have no idea how the stuff works other than knowing it operates on your satisfaction receptors.

>In other words, you are just treating the symptoms not the cause.
Humans need the struggle. Without struggle we are left listless.

Molyneux already said they are fucking horrible and satanic degenerate mind manipulation.

and guess what, communism wants you to be a passive twitching and unconscious faggot. so does atheism.

return to Christ and regain your connection to the divine through him so that you will never need idiotic neuro-blockers but find true peace and happiness.

>stressed out
>feeling very depressed
pick one

>a history of struggling with alcohol and pain killer dependency
how have you survived all this time?

>Imagine a society that subjects people to conditions that make them terribly unhappy then gives them the drugs to take away their unhappiness. Science fiction It is already happening to some extent in our own society. Instead of removing the conditions that make people depressed modern society gives them antidepressant drugs. In effect antidepressants are a means of modifying an individual's internal state in such a way as to enable him to tolerate social conditions that he would otherwise find intolerable.

>Ted Kaczynski
>industrial society and its future, 1995

Amen

yes, Amen indeed, brother.

76, wtf.

It's because humans weren't meant to be slaves.
Servicers, sure. But greed demanded our services be an everyday thing, rather than a once-in-a-while thing.

ive had this discussion to many times to even bother. so ill sum it up real quick, and you'll just have to interpret it: you fucking pathetic weakling.

>I am returning to the anti-depressant because I think it will help stabilise my mood long enough for me to make some positive changes in my life.
Pic related is the most powerful anti-depressant in existence.
(((They))) don't want you to have access to it.

Yeah because I’m sure ‘turning to god’ will really cure my chronic anxiety that I’ve suffered with since childhood. I’ve prayed, lots, nothing happened.

Honestly, the only thing that got me outta depression was getting /fit/

The first two weeks of forcing myself to run and go to the gym every second day were the worst and took immense strength.
But after the first two weeks it started to feel good, everything felt better and I literally started getting up early to push myself harder every day.
I still have things to sort out to live a normie life but things are going well. I joined generation identitaire, I work hard and I'm trying to settle for a good white conservative life.

>inb4 larp, I almost an heroed a year ago and considered joining the foreign legion

It really depends on how bad the depression is desu. It becomes a weighing up the pros and cons thing. Get counselling and make smarter choices, take the drugs if need be, if you think it will help. They can be immsensely helpful, but I would try it with a combination of therapy, exercise etc. Sometimes you just need the kick-start.

This shit looks like it's meant to cause false positives. Many of these things are just regular issues everybody has from time to time and there is no time frame for when you experienced it.

For something to be a diagnosis, it can't be self diagnosed properly if you're still drinking and want to say you aren't an alcoholic.

It's a problem we see in the West. I know it sounds like a meme but your doctor should have put you on a workout plan and a dietitian and a therapist. If you didn't see improvement in five months then you move to alternate treatments.

Anti depressants make things worse for those not really depressed. Also these anti depressants will effect everyone differently. If you know for a fact you are depressed and wasn't just given a perscrip. Than your doctor should be working with you to find an anti with bearable negative reactions or adjust dosing to help.

Get real help for your depression. Sadly most doctors don't provide real help these days and just are anti and add pill mills.

It's well known in the field, that mental therapy needs exercise to make it actually work. Doesn't have to be lifting.
Sad grannies sitting in their bed taking their meds never get better, put them into a swimming pool at the same time and it does wonders.

Anti-depressants are for clinically depressed people suffering from a chemical imbalance or severe psychological trauma. If you don't belong to any of those categories, deal with your issues yourself. Don't be a faggot.

You act like it's a global conspiracy to make people happy and magically give them a job.
That's what universities aim to do.

It’s a fictional crutch. Don’t hide from reality. There is no magical father in the sky that loves you.

Until life strips away your will to live and the bills still have to paid.

lsd and shrooms microdosing are better for depression.

It IS reality. You are hiding from it and that's making you depressed.

>Tried prozak
>got fucked up didnt leave my bed for teo weeks until it stopped
>tried Pirazitam actually an improvement
>tried Phenotropil
>Literally became the Chad i feel as lively, enerfetic and livey as in my teen years, and also as horny, actively work on my job, my freetime projects and leave my home to go see sights everything is fucking amazing.

This shit made me sort myself out, get out of my house, hit Ikea, get new furniture, fix my entire room with shitty sockets, clean the mess that nobody cleaned for litetal years, throw away old garbage and literally fix and clean my entire apartment. AND IT FEELS GREAT.

Nootropics do work and on top of other things were clinically proven to help with depression.
The west won't recognize them as actual medicine because they dont want to hurt their own product lines but russians have a long list of studies and tests on them and consider them prescription only medicine, also use them to enhance performance of pilots and astronauts.

Go take your red pills.
Nost of them are very very mild, nootropil or pirazitam are so weak you will barely notice anything.
Phenotropil and Phenibut(no idea about its westetn name) are fucking golden.
They will make you active, enetgetic, help you concentrate, enhance memory, focus, give you pretty cool dreams and enhance physical performance too.
Phenibut is also mildly psychoactive and treats anxiety acts as a very mild tranquilizer but doesnt make you sleepy.

The popular ubermensh cocktail is 1 pill of Phenibut and Phenotropil in the morning, one more phenotropil pill with dinner for a couple of weeks.

This shit will make your inner Chad wake up, clean up your room, sort your shit out and feel fucking great about it.
The only side effect is you cant get drunk on it, which is positive, it makes you almost immune to alcohol.

the problem lies with the fact that some are truly clinically mentally ill. but children who otherwise would not need medication received it regardless which fucked them up. that's what the video was about, partly.

Not depressed but if there are any pills for being a dumb, lazy, useless cunt I could use some of those.

Sadly the truth is just more depressingly than “the chemical Jew”. The truth about anti depressants are that people can no long BEAR to actually improve themselves to remove their depression, instead they would rather literally WASH their own fucking BRAIN with pills. Trust me, any depressed faggots out there, depression goes away when you make your life worth living. I did it, you can too.

Yes, right above your post.

> be me ~8 years ago
> shitty job
> tons of stress at work
> gf goes batshit, breaks up, travels around world to become a wandering prositute (not even kidding)
> grandma, who basically raised me, dies
> grandpa dies shortly after
> work gets more stressful every day, lots of people getting fired
> get seriously depressed
> get serious panic attacks
> have constant, unbelievable feeling of dread
> already /fit/ at that point, but decide to focus even more on working out
> eat even healthier
> seek help from friends. hang out more, etc
> a few months of panic attacks and constant fear/dread, nothing helps
> finally decide to talk to doc about it. recommends ssri (citalopram) for a while
> decide to take it, because desperate at that point
> slight side effects at first
> 2 weeks later suddenly feel slightly better, no more sid effects
> 3 weeks later, panic attacks stop, dread goes away
> 2 months later, back to my old self
> 1 year later, doc says we should stop ssri
> gradually reduce dosage over 1 month until i stop completely

still feel fucking great now.

ssri can help you over get really bad humps in your life, but they're prescribed way too much. like others sad, getting /fit/ helps a ton. still though, i'd recommend them if REALLY can't get ouf a hole otherwise.

Micro dose shrooms instead

I was fighting depression on my own without people or medication for over a decade. I'm now on a medication that works for me. I get noticeably less angry and beat myself up less. I can't be happy though, i need a supplemental happiness like a pet or a partner
>tfw no bf
>tfw apartment doesnt allow pets
>tfw no cat to hug

all shooters have been on SSRI, bar none
ssristories.com

No matter how bad my depression gets you'll never convince me to take that trash.

>alcohol and pain killer dependency
Just fucking OD or wait for your liver to kill you because you were an idiot and mixed APAP and alcohol.

78 should I just off myself

its funny to see /pol dipshits hating on the actual medicine yet still love it when pharma corporations get tax cuts instead of the middle class.
I only come here to observe you morons.