The 2nd Amendment was intended to ensure that citizens would be able to defend themselves against the tyranny of the...

The 2nd Amendment was intended to ensure that citizens would be able to defend themselves against the tyranny of the federal government. Since the feds have extremely powerful weapons, I should be able to own RPGs and Stinger Missiles. It's my right!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_device
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_nature
archive.is/NAz80
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._46
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I fully agree with you. We should also have a place to practice with tank munitions and SAMs.

You can, you just need a Destructive Device Permit, and pay a $200 tax for every item.
>RPG-7 Stock price+$200
>Each warhead stock price +$200
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_device
It's unconstitutional as fuck.

>I fully agree with you. We should also have a place to practice with tank munitions and SAMs.
I know, right? How else can we defend ourselves?

>You can, you just need a Destructive Device Permit, and pay a $200 tax for every item.
>>RPG-7 Stock price+$200
>>Each warhead stock price +$200
>en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destructive_device
>It's unconstitutional as fuck.

it's my constitutional right. I do not need a stinking permit!

It's called being equal.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_nature

Shouldn't need a permit, but even if you were able to get away with it, you'll have done it after a very long, very extremely expensive court battle. And if you don't win, then you not only get the legal fees but you also get the fuckhuge fine and some prison time

>The 2nd Amendment was intended to ensure that citizens would be able to defend themselves against the tyranny of the federal government.

What? No it wasn't. Do you realize there are other speeches where the Founding Fathers talk about the second amendment and why they included it?

The purpose of the second amendment was to make the citizenry able to fend off a British invasion. That was the reality they were living in, they were worried about the British invading.

I agree. Either we rearm, or the military disarms.

>Shouldn't need a permit, but even if you were able to get away with it, you'll have done it after a very long, very extremely expensive court battle. And if you don't win, then you not only get the legal fees but you also get the fuckhuge fine and some prison time

All I need is a copy of the Constitution! It's my God given right!

I fully agree. Just like I told my faggot kike sociology professor, if the government has laser pistols, I should have access to laser pistols. Because I'm a responsible adult and not a brainwashed retarded eunich and I have no reason to trust fucking faggot cops over myself to protect my family. Now gtfo and go suck a dick like you were about to. Fucking cia nigger faggot

>I agree. Either we rearm, or the military disarms.

I don't even care if they disarm. I don't trust them a lick.

I unironically support this.

>I fully agree. Just like I told my faggot kike sociology professor, if the government has laser pistols, I should have access to laser pistols. Because I'm a responsible adult and not a brainwashed retarded eunich and I have no reason to trust fucking faggot cops over myself to protect my family. Now gtfo and go suck a dick like you were about to. Fucking cia nigger faggot

Exactly. Each citizen should be issued a suitcase nuke just to make things even!

It is your right. Just don't go shooting them off all over the place. Even muslim countries understand the importance of the right to bear arms. Why do liberals hate muslim culture so much?

>shall not be infringed

Yeah. Exactly.

>It is your right. Just don't go shooting them off all over the place. Even muslim countries understand the importance of the right to bear arms. Why do liberals hate muslim culture so much?

If they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

True.

Not sure it's even illegal to own them, user.

It's just super expensive.... and you have to do a lot of background checks.

Pretty sure this is a slide thread meant to make us look bad. Though, usually they just go straight to nukes on this bait, so I'll bite.

There are unconstitutional restrictions as mentioned by
but if you look into what NFA tax stamps cover, and then browse some CLASS III e-tailers and auctioneers, you'll find we can(for insane $$$).
It was always intended, from what I've observed, that civvies would get access to military hand-me-downs and surplus of all kinds. You can find people that have bought tanks, PT boats etc. in decades past.
We're supposed to be able to own and use the same 'arms' as the feds.

>the government should buy me things
no

in montana if you can build it you can own it

It was bait but thanks for the good information.

Mutually assured destruction my dude. The government won't try to nuke me if I might nuke them back

Only ones made before 1986

>i got muh AR-15 to protect me from the gubbamin-
>Gets drone striked

Stop being an obtuse strawmanning faggot.

Read the federalist oapers you sack of shit and take off that Gadsden flag, you don’t deserve it faggot

>Waiting a year and paying a tax for each grenade

This. In olden times the government was more than happy to let you cast your own cannon because it meant that there was another piece of artillery handy if a fresh batch of redcoats were about to bear down on you.

That actually isn't a bad idea since it is manportable. You can also privately own tanks and warships. But since you are a shitlib, you think everyone else is just as psychotic as you.

agreed

sarcasm/satire =/= bait

To be fair, the only way you can take over a country is with troops on the ground. Period. Sure, they could blow everyone and everything up in a lot of places, but then what would they be taking over... just land. They rely on taxes, and workers at a minimum to mine resources and create the food and products they use. They need an army to defend against foreign invasion that could do the same thing. So ordering an army to go take over a town that is armed to the teeth and avid hunters and sport shooters is going to be much more difficult than if you just confiscate their guns and then go marching in.

There's a lot written on this by actual generals, so much so that this meme is laughably absurd.

That's true, and the founding fathers would agree.

i mean, i sort of get your obsesion with ak15
but you are literally insane

at this rate you will eventually demand "recreational" nukes for real

sage

we aint giving up our guns. come get them.

you baiting mongoloid
I don't have a gun because of the government potentially pulling a holocaust on me
I have it because it brings me peace of mind knowing that if someone every intrudes on my property and my life may be on the line, I have the means to protect myself, sitting inside a safe.
and because it's a fucking american right you shit eating fuckman

>that shitty trigger discipline

Disgusting

If you're clearly not from any of the original colonies, and from that time, then you should shut the fuck up.

For those of us that got here before you potato & pasta niggers, we owned guns and had militias long before the revolution. You're allowed to hunt and defend your homestead from injuns. If you ever read some of our state constitutions (say, Virginia's) you'd know that. Most of these state constitutions PREDATE the US Constitution. And because this country used to be a UNION of STATES, the states weren't vassals to faggots in the Deepshit of Columbia.

Before LITERALLY EVERYONE became a faggot, it was considered gentlemanly to wear a sword and a pistol, even. That you freaks are so out of touch with a relatively recent time period just shows how irredeemable America may be now.
The crime and shootings you're seeing now have nothing to do with guns. They have to do with an undercurrent of sociopathy that infects every level of society now, and it absolutely includes the Demented of Columbia.

>off a British invasion
>while under british rule
>invade own country

move to florida

I'll bite. Yes, you're absolutely right that it's a guarantee to protect against tyranny, but to a great extent DDs aren't really necessary or that effective for an individual's anti-tyranny defensive arsenal.

But you're forgetting the other face of the 2A coin: The well-regulated militia. It's not a purely vestigial phrase. Rather, it guarantees the right to organize a well-regulated militia. For such purposes—whether for homeland defense or to repel tyrannical federal troops—yes, anti-tank munitions, squad-level automatic weapons, anti-aircraft weapons, indirect fire munitions such as mortars, artillery pieces, and even (at least for littoral defense) naval vessels are absolutely protected within the 2A's guarantee of the right to establish a well-regulated militia.

>get attacked by indians
shit, i guess im not allowed to use my rifle. that would be a constitutional violation. i better wait here until we form a police force and send them to my home.

I agree with you. But pilots are pussies and can be taken down by laser pointers.

This was definitely a big part of the early motivations behind the 2A. Individual protection generally from roving bands of bandits and barbarians.

The problem is, in the wake of Heller, people keep forgetting about the "well regulated militia". It's in the Amendment and it's there for a reason. That reason being to keep the government from entering and breaking up groups of people who organize to train and fight as an independent army. That is, the feds can't break you up under the pretext that you're not gathering in a time/place/manner consistent with the free assembly right. They can, however, break you up if you're training to invade a foreign country, or planning on doing bandit/barbarian shit.

>actually thinking the government would drone strike it's own cities
they're still trying to get the lead out of people's pipes. what makes you think they have the funds to rebuild after multiple drone strikes?

I want my own tank.
I don't see why I can't own a tank.
I'm free, I was born here like everyone else,
And I want a tank.

>ordnance vs arms
SAGE

Bingo. It's the reductio ad absurdum. If someone can get a driver's license at 16, why not at 15 years, 364 days? A person really doesn't change much in 24 hours, right? Well if 15 y, 364 days is ok, then why not one measly day sooner. It's just 24 hours less than what you already agreed would be ok.
Repeat this process until you say a 2 year old should have a license.

>>ordnance vs arms
>SAGE
Don't try to use your kike weasel words on me!

Why are you trying to deny me my constitutional rights?

It's been ruled that the second amendment specifically applies to weapons commonly used by the average soldier. The key word being COMMON. RPGs and the like are not commonly issued weapons. M16, pistols etc are.

OP, it that's what it meant then why did the feds raise a militia in response to the Whiskey rebellion, etc.? Shay's rebellion happned during the articles of confederation and that was a big factor in adopting the constitution instead too.
Correct, the 2nd amendment just means there can be state militias besides the federally raised militia and the feds can't disarm them. The 2nd amendment wasn't a big thing for most of US history cause that's how it was understood until the NRA shilled a radical re-interpretation all the way through the supreme court.
((((They))) want more idiots to have ready access to more dangerous weapons cause they know they'll kill more goyim.
archive.is/NAz80

You can own them. It’s just a bitch to get the proper atf paperwork

>It's been ruled that the second amendment specifically applies to weapons commonly used by the average soldier. The key word being COMMON. RPGs and the like are not commonly issued weapons. M16, pistols etc are.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!

yeah yeah, we get it.

It's not shitty if it works, fag. Back to .

>the government will get the the point it removes peoples rights and killing them without discretion on US soil
Wow, greatest argument for the public to be heavily armed

You guys need to get your arguments in order. The 2A is not about the right to blow the head off a deer or to shoot a nigger breaking into your house. It's about resisting tyranny, tyranny like is happening in the UK right now.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_No._46

Don't forget the part where they shoot his dogs too.

The major aspect of the discussion that is ignored is that the US Constitution describes LIMITATIONS on federal power.
If you don't know what that means, you might not understand that you live in the United States of America--NOT the United States of D.C.

The US 2A represents the MINIMUM to which an American citizen is entitled. Less than the US 2A is unconstitutional. More is not.

From the constitutions of some former colonies...
New Hampshire
>All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property, and the state.
Rhode Island
>The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Delaware
>A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and state, and for hunting and recreational use.
Virginia
That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power
North Carolina
>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and, as standing armies in time of peace are dangerous to liberty, they shall not be maintained, and the military should be kept under strict subordination to and governed by the civil power.
South Carolina
>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Georgia
>The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Because you'll soon say that nukes should be ok too. It's absurd to think of a WMD in private hands. Just like I support people getting a driver's license at age 16, but not 2 years old. The line is drawn at age 16. There has to be a line somewhere.

I agree, if those filthy pakis can have them why not us!

RPGS FOR EVERYONE!

Agreed

>Because you'll soon say that nukes should be ok too. It's absurd to think of a WMD in private hands. Just like I support people getting a driver's license at age 16, but not 2 years old. The line is drawn at age 16. There has to be a line somewhere.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED FAGGOT!!!!

>RPGS FOR EVERYONE!

Now you're cooking with gas!

So just buy one? it's completely legal in the USA.

>((((They))) want more idiots to have ready access to more dangerous weapons cause they know they'll kill more goyim.
Psyops nigger detected.
Did "(((they)))" also write the constitutions for states like West Virginia and Alabama? Don't think so.

'Bama
>(a) Every citizen has a fundamental right to bear arms in defense of himself or herself and the state. Any restriction on this right shall be subject to strict scrutiny.
>(b) No citizen shall be compelled by any international treaty or international law to take an action that prohibits, limits, or otherwise interferes with his or her fundamental right to keep and bear arms in defense of himself or herself and the state, if such treaty or law, or its adoption, violates the United States Constitution.

West Virginia
>A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home, and state, and for lawful hunting and recreational use.

I think a lot of people forget about our state constitutions.

Okay, WMDs is where we draw the line then.

You CAN own a tank, dipshit.

no argument here

we should own whatever we want

That's just an argument for cheap mass-produced fully-autonomous anti air batteries for the civilian population.

Who's in this business venture with me?

Ideally, citizens should be allowed to possess any weapons, except for weapons which being used by the government would automatically be a war crime. You should be allowed to possess automatic weapons without getting a special permit, for instance, but nukes and poison gas could be restricted to government use.

Though theoretically, as written, the Second Amendment allows for personal possession of nukes. Militia nukes kept in recreational silos on private property.

>Okay, WMDs is where we draw the line then.

Why are you trying to limit my 2nd Amendment rights?

People owned cannons when the 2nd Amendment was written..

There were privately owned battleships, the government could issue letters of marque to set bounties on enemy shipping.

>People owned cannons when the 2nd Amendment was written..
Yes, including the feds. Now the feds have all kinds of WMD. We need the same in order to defend ourselves from their tyranny.

Hypothetically, can any of you afford to acquire and safely maintain a nuke?

Yeah, that's reasonable.

Were you expecting people to stammer and disagree, shitlib?

Yes.
Ok actually the gov should bot have those weapons, but since it does anyway : yes.

The purpose of the second amendment was to deter future conquerors, tyrants and warlords, you fucking brainlet. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tame a population of armed people after you've conquered their country? Cucks like you are a tyrant's wet dream.

Yeah I agree. We should be allowed to have that shit.

Nope so it wouldn't be a problem.

>Hypothetically, can any of you afford to acquire and safely maintain a nuke?

Hell yeah!

Are you a nigger or a kike? Fuck you either way. What do you think the 1st amendment means, if you're so smart?

>he doesnt have an RPG

Yeah arms race with a global super power. All of the USSR couldn't handle it.

If every Native Americans had a gun, we'd all be in Europe getting Cucked by Muhammad.

You're a fucking idiot. The government shouldn't be issuing anything. The government should concern itself with not be infringing rights.

You are terrible at this. George Washington had to fight militias with the federal army all the time, but still 2A left intact. We all agree with the premise you think is so dumb you ass, you will wish you were a gun owner when Tyrone and Ahmed are gangraping your wife and sons and daughters libfaggot