Can Yu Help Taylor, Sup Forums??

ps. I am not Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift under fire after threatening to sue blogger over 'alt-right' article

>Taylor Swift and the American Civil Liberties Union are butting heads.

>The organisation sent Swift's legal team a strongly worded letter denouncing her threat to sue a California blogger who accused the singer of supporting the white supremacy movement. The ACLU made the letter public on Tuesday.

>"This is a completely unsupported attempt to suppress constitutionally protected speech," ACLU of Northern California attorney Michael Risher toldEntertainment Weekly.

Other urls found in this thread:

baka.com.au/entertainment/music/taylor-swift-under-fire-after-threatening-to-sue-blogger-over-altright-article-20171107-gzgvhl.html
youtube.com/watch?v=EUoe7cf0HYw
youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM
archive.is/ocwHr
twitter.com/taylornation13
twitter.com/Swift_tea1989/status/928115474600202240
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"At one point in the accompanying music video, Taylor lords over an army of models from a podium, akin to what Hitler had in NaziGermany. The similarities are uncanny and unsettling," Herning wrote.

In response, Swift's legal team sent a letter to Herning, who serves as the executive editor ofPopFront, demanding a retraction of the story, which it called "provably false and defamatory." The letter said Swift is "prepared to proceed with litigation" if the story isn't retracted.

The letter, while menacing, didn't legally require anything of the blogger. It was the first step toward a defamation lawsuit, which would be hard for Swift to win. Given that she is a public figure, not a private person, she would have to show in court that the blogger made the statements with "actual malice" - in other words, knowing they were untrue and publishing them specifically to destroy the pop star's character. People in Swift's position rarely prevail in defamation lawsuits, but it's not uncommon for celebrities to use cease-and-desist orders, which have no force of law, to suppress negative stories.

The ACLU fired back with a letter on Oct. 25, claiming neither Herning norPopFrontwould remove the article and that Swift's arguments don't hold water.

"The blog post is a mix of core political speech and critical commentary; it discusses current politics in this country, the recent rise of white supremacy, and the fact that some white supremacists have apparently embraced Ms. Swift, along with a critical interpretation of some of Ms. Swift's music, lyrics, and videos," the letter stated.

The letter also makes cheeky references Swift's songsShake it OffandWildest Dreams.

"Criticism is never pleasant, but a celebrity has to shake it off, even if the critique may damage her reputation," it stated, adding that "not even in your wildest dreams" could Swift's claims "constitute defamation."

Herning also spoke publicly about the cease-and-desist letter.

"The press should not be bullied by high-paid lawyers or frightened into submission by legal jargon," she toldVariety. "These scare tactics may have worked for Taylor in the past, but I am not backing down."

baka.com.au/entertainment/music/taylor-swift-under-fire-after-threatening-to-sue-blogger-over-altright-article-20171107-gzgvhl.html

>i am not Taylor Swift
So you are representative of some kind?

i am just a girl who loves cat..

Wasnt asking you.

bump

imma try to dig up some dirt on the people involved

>Can Yu Help Taylor, Sup Forums??
no we don't like coal burning whores

coming from a greek

>only has dated white men
>coalburner
Choose 1.

The cunts from the ACLU are wrong and here is why:
That cunt author wrote:
>"Taylor's political silence appeared to be a rejection of her peers' support of the inclusive Democrat platform," Herning wrote. "Taylor's silence is not innocent, it is calculated. And if that is not true, she needs to state her beliefs out loud for the world... in America 2017, silence in the face of injustice means support for the oppressor."

In other words: you are classified as a Nazi, because you are saying nothing. That's libel and intimidation.

>"Intimidation tactics like these are unacceptable," said ACLU attorney Matt Cagle in a statement.
No, you lawyer cunt, the author was the one using intimidation of tarnishing the public image.

Also, free speech also means the freedom to say nothing. It's not possible to have a free speech society, if people are forced to say certain things under the threat of libel.

member when the ACLU defended the KKK's right to free speech and now they're calling Taylor Swift a nazi

/ourgirl/

>Ocean blue eyes looking in mine
>I feel like I might sink and drown and die

youtube.com/watch?v=EUoe7cf0HYw

Song for highschool white girls advertising blue eyed guys as desired.

Literally anti racemixing lyrics.

when i reverse image search i seeing any copies, meaning this picture is probably original. and the cat is identical to taylors cat.

>I am not Taylor Swift
hi taytay we love you. please dont bully the alt-right. here's a taytay meme to appease you

you got trolled by a kardashian and deserve it

how's Meredith doing these days?

But there are pictures of her next to black men

I was thinking it looked like the one from that collection that prooves she browsed Sup Forums

what?

Yo taylor, you should give a concert at a alt-right event.
The culture is turning to our side, and history shows that people can go far by appeasing the right people at the right time.

Operation WhiteKnight has commenced

when i search taylor cat, the cat in the thread look alike, and the picture appears to be original. soooooo

>standing next to someone
>'they must be fucking! coalburner slut! REEE!'
How the fuck does standing next to someone= coalburning?

Sup Forums logic, can't argue with it.

Not sure if turbo autist or female 'subtlety'
That's... interesting

>Calling someone a Nazi based on a music video and internet memes is freedom of speech
How does this not fall under libel

you're not very good at interpreting information are you.

this is her bf

> (OP)
>>Can Yu Help Taylor, Sup Forums??
>no we don't like coal burning whores
YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH

I mean if it's really tay then its still just turbo autism

Taylor is an Aryan goddess

They're children are going to be good looking when they grow up. If they have kids that is.

>Write an article about how someone is a Nazi
>They inform you that they're considering legal action against you because of your libel
>"Wow can you believe what a fucking asshole this Nazi is? All I said was that this Nazi doesn't seem to care about politics! Fucking Nazis, right guys?"

can someone dig through photos of taylor's house to see if the carpet is in there.

>JH
Jew Hanger?

Yes. Clearly Taylor Swift's team of highly paid lawyers spend their days posting vaguely worded requests for advice on Sup Forums.

well all great people are autist.

>the eternal cuck

shes the biggest slut in the industry

Post nudes or fuck off, Taylor.

name on reason she's a slut.
no ad hominem pls.

>Greek
>White
Pick one, Mednigger.

yo taylor, if it's really you can you post a cute cat picture on twitter.

dont talk to the those retard and filter the term coal burner. cleans the board of those filthy losers very well

t. Hellenic subhuman

I agree despite that faggot not being one of them.

no i enjoy talking to retards, make me look smarter.

> gets accused of being an ethno nationalist
>ethno nationalists come to her aid

us helping taylor would probably not help her case. more likely it would hurt it

John Mayer.

>the American Civil Liberties Union

Foreheads of the cats in the pics arent the same.
Inconsistent.
Cant trust the source.

But you'll sure say you wuz Greeks an shiet when it suit you wont ya faggot

yes they are... look at the black on the nose.

>dosnt know shitposting

It shouldn't. Any given exchange of data is defined by its lowest common denominators. You look like a retard to everyone except yourself and that other retard.

Most of this "Aryan goddess" shit comes from Sup Forums right? I swear the media have people here. Last night my mom said something to me like "I just read neo-Nazis declared Papa Johns their pizza and Taylor Swift their queen". Christ my mom is in her 50s, sad she's so bluepilled

>I should be able to publicly accuse anyone of whatver I want with no repercussions
Fuck journalists.

Good luck, user!

youtube.com/watch?v=nfWlot6h_JM

It's not the media it's just r*dditors, they spread it and joke about it all over r*ddit, then the media picks it up from there

Dude look ate the cheeks then.
Where the whiskers are.

That would make sense, seeing how the media seems to demonize reddit as far-right despite their true nature

Oi fucking KEK.
>Donald Trump is president
>Randlet had leaves blow onto his neighbors private property so his neighbor hospitalized him.
>Taylor swift is actually a nazi.
THE MEME MAGICK IS REAL

> "At one point in the accompanying music video, Taylor lords over an army of models from a podium, akin to what Hitler had in NaziGermany

adolf would be rolling in his grave?

good point, but it's hard to view the one picture due to resolution.
also it would retarded to post different cats even if it is larp

To be honest this is pretty straightforward: you can't define something by its lack of expression. You don't have to self-incriminate and you absolutely don't owe some stranger a self-incrimination and while they can draw from that whatever they damn well please expressing an accusation based on that drawn belief is the literal definition of libel. ACLU doesn't have a case but they'll shoot at anything white that moves.

We don't have to do anything because she's a wealthy white person who is literally in the right according to law and logic.

Now post tay and cats.

It's not enough for them to simply hate us. They must also hate everything we love.

Is it important that ACLU was originally founded by KGB as active measures/ part of the subversion program?

>also it would retarded to post different cats even if it is larp
Dosnt know Sup Forums

ACLU is a Jewish supremacist anti white hate group
Same with adl and splc

Oh look, now they're piling on.

I'm fucking on to you

welp, that confirms it.
time to riot.

Taytay's latest album is definitely her best work. Between this and the video depicting her as a sexbot...

both cats are hers.

>blogger nobody gives a shit about posts something
>blogger (((apparently))) gets legal threats
>why am I supposed to believe this low energy larping shit?

Don't forget you are dealing with jews not honourable people

that's so rude, user..

Great points. Also worth pointing out is that as an entertainer, Taylor's public image is her career. If it's tarnished and she can't sell out shows anymore, she'll have to just be a dancer or do a book or I dunno. I'd pay her to babysit my cats during the day. Point being this attempt to assault her character is an assault on her livelihood as well.

Liberals are getting really ass-blasted all around that conservatives AND moderates are tired of their nonsense, but they're still desperately trying to characterize themselves as good guys and anyone opposed to them as evil anyway. They're insane I'm convinced. Bloggers with over-inflated egos in the safety of their computer chairs say stupid things that get them into trouble in the real world though.

I hope Taylor decides to move forward with her suit and isn't intimidated by the ACLU's bluff.

archive.is/ocwHr

We might actually be on to something. I went on r*ddit to see what her fans think and they made a good point that she threatened this tiny blog with only 80 followers and did nothing about the Daily Stormer having her on their banner.

She might actually be /ourgirl/

>inb4 some alt-right retard like Richard Spencer or the clowns at Stormfront try to brand Taylor Swift as the face of the alt-right

when you reverse image search this one, you get taylor swift's cats as a result.
all of the pictures are of the same photo shoot. but none is identical to this one.
so it could be that this one wasn't uploaded to social media.

another picture that doesn't show up in reverse image search.

It's not the same cat.

how can she disavow something that doesnt even fucking exist?

i can't the difference.

10/10 cats, would pet.

it's not even the same ID

she retweeted a cat.
twitter.com/Swift_tea1989/status/928115474600202240

this picture already exist on social media.

This is a really nice idea. I hope it's true.

>blogger talks speculative shit
>threaten to sue them for talking speculative shit
>unrelated third party butts in and defends the blogger for talking shit about you

wew lad

Unable to help unfortunately, but definitely on your side. You're our godess after all.