SOUTH AFRICA GENERAL

What's up guys, currently writing a paper on South Africa and want to learn as much as I can about it.

I let the last thread die but will be posting new ones regularly most likely. Link to the first thread from a few days ago:

boards.Sup Forums.org/pol/thread/148281276/south-africa-thread#bottom

Thread for general discussion South Africa, posting general knowledge of the situation and really discussing anything from history to current events to culture.

Any economic data will be much appreciated as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

tradingeconomics.com/south-africa/indicators
nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/South-Africa/United-States/Cost-of-living
numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United States&country2=South Africa
youtube.com/channel/UCBVQiMyzA-ZklUJVRavnvew
iol.co.za/business-report/auditor-general-report-municipalities-lack-accountability-9904121
enca.com/south-africa/five-key-points-from-jacques-pauw-s-the-president-s-keepers-those-keeping-zuma-in-power
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Bump, i'd like too learn more 2.

Nice.

There was a good amount of info dumped in the last thread, linked above.

I have yet to go through most of it. Found this today though:

tradingeconomics.com/south-africa/indicators

I have the opportunity to go to Cape Town and teach for a year. Should I take it? I've been told South Africa is very dangerous, but is Cape Town as dangerous as the rest of the country?

I would be getting paid R236,000 which I've been told is higher than the national average for a high school teacher.

KILL THE BOER
KILL THE FARMER

what would you like to know?

If you can protect your self, and want the money, sure wtfn ?

Cape Town is still quite dangerous, but there are less guns and its more of a knife city.

Specifically I'm looking at structural problems with the economy post-apartheid

you'll live like a middle class white.

nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/South-Africa/United-States/Cost-of-living

numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=United States&country2=South Africa

macro or micro?

If you like water then may be consider somewhere that isnt cape town

Either or. I'm not an econ major, this is an Elective for Finance btw, I'm basically retarded when it comes to advanced economics.

Check out Renaldo Gouws
youtube.com/channel/UCBVQiMyzA-ZklUJVRavnvew

Lol, I’d love to see your Sup Forums citation for your paper!

Does this look like a homework board?

Bump.
To the white africans here, do you think there's a genuine chance of an all out racial war down there? Shit seems to be edging towards the fan.

Yeah

Figured we could all learn a little something about an important issue. If I know little about it chances are a lot of people here dont either.

I already have a good number of sources, just wondering if any spergs on here have any good stuff

well, the main problem with the south african economy is the lack of integration. the public sector, which is quite big (20.5% of GDP), is completely dominated and occupied by blacks. they see the government and its various departments as a means to give people a job. black people specifically. there are a few exceptions, of course. there are a small number of white working in government.

whites, on the other hand, dominate the private sector. every job i've had the menial labour was done by blacks and the upper levels were occupied by whites. from what i understand, some larger corporations are different, but i've never experienced that.

from a macro side, our finance ministers have been largely white, indian or mixed. so our economy was relatively well managed. recently however the spot has been occupied by black puppets of zuma (our president).

thankfully our reserve bank is independent and largely target inflation with their policies. one of their main goals are to protect the value of the rand.

our tax collector (sars) is quite fucking good to be honest. me, living in africa, have always done my taxes online with a few simple clicks.

part1(?)

correction: government spending, which is used to calculate gdp, makes up 20,5% of gdp. the world average is something like 17%.

i've tried to use feedback (polls and shit) from the Sup Forums community during my honours (an additional year of study after your degree). i was told not to. the poor muslim teacher thoughtt i was a crazy racist and started me off with a 50% mark. i've managed to win him over with facts and he's actually thanked me for taking him out of his comfort zone.

Hmm. I obviously can't get racially explicit in my article, but what would you say the largest impediment to development has been? Corruption? Unemployment?

I can read articles of people arguing over it all day but you experience it first hand

corruption and poor management, largely.

cape town, and most of the western cape, is quite well run and feels like a different country when you come from the north (pretoria and johannesburg). potholes are fixed, power and phones lines are fixed. shit gets maintained. they do have a crime and gangster problem, however. unforutnately, policing and crime in general is dealt with on a national level, not provincial.

the difference between cape town and up north is that, up until recently, the north was run by the ANC and the cape was run by the DA (a "white" party).

also, you can plainly state that no assessment of south africa can be done without mentioning race. it is simply impossible. race plays such a large role in south african society.

Cape Town was actually voted the best city in the world last year. It's a lot safer than most place in South Africa and has really beautiful scenery - mountains, beaches all minutes away with the city center/urban areas.

Oh yeah I'm going to mention race obviously I just can't get too edgy about it.

What would you say the biggest economic problem is?

Kaffers.

everythings fucked, we're all cucked, we're full. fuck off

reeeeeeeeeee

gas yourself kaffir

in regards to corruption and poor managment, check out the auditor-general's report.

a news article: iol.co.za/business-report/auditor-general-report-municipalities-lack-accountability-9904121

you can just google for his full reports though.

to be honest, the "new" south africa, its institutions and its constitution are damn well designed. pity that nothing gets implemented or maintained. a real lack of intent and understanding perseveres.

WHAT the fuck are you doing to earn that money, CPT is safe but like all cities, there are areas that are unsafe. If you're rich, stay in blouberg, sea point, clifton or muzenburg.stellenbosch is nice if you like country towns

>The Western Cape sits at the top of provinces with the highest proportion of municipalities with clean audit opinions with 80%,followed by KwaZulu-Natal at 18% and the Eastern Cape at 16%.

1. 80% (run by whites and coloureds(mixed things))
2. 18% (niggers...)

>(((Sea Point)))
>(((Clifton)))
But yeah, they're pretty safe.

need some saffa chicks in here.

>Cape Town was actually voted the best city in the world last year. It's a lot safer than most place in South Africa and has really beautiful scenery - mountains, beaches all minutes away with the city center/urban areas.
What do I need to do, as a white Skilled pipefitter journeyman to move myself and my family over to SA? I would love to be part of a community that appreciates hard working people that earn their keep. I am tired of the US, and really would love to take my skillset elsewhere.

Cape Town is mostly English, Portuguese and Jews, with the Portuguese and Jews being a very tight-knit community that often seem to stick/work together. It may be nice here, but if I were an American I'd stay in America, unless you're extremely wealthy and don't need to work once you're down here.

Present some stats about pre and post-apartheid SA. After all of that type with 3 size font 'Colonialism did nothing wrong' on the bottom right corner.

>Bo-Kaap

They fell for the WE WUZ and whites are being targeted.
Particularly white farmers since they make up most of the agriculture force.

looks cool though and miles better than kaffers.

niggers...

It's corrupt as fuck. But I count myself lucky because we're used to uncertainty - unlike the rest of the world who are losing their collective shit at the realisation that it's ALL uncertain. Contrary to previous postings here like this fag above me posting all these pics, we're not ALL racists.

Also, if you want a good overview about what a corrupt thieving fucking THUG Jacob Zuma is, this book is making huge headlines in SA at the moment:
enca.com/south-africa/five-key-points-from-jacques-pauw-s-the-president-s-keepers-those-keeping-zuma-in-power

>hippie

A large part of my family was killed in the boer war. Killed by the fucking britbongs for a piece of niggerland. Fuck britbongs

> *Based* hippy. I'm here aren't I?

>This is a board for shitposting and you come here asking help for homework? This is not smart.

deep down you know i'm right.

Checked

So you off to Perth then? Enjoy your slow death of boredom.

nope, i don't even have a passport.

Also here to stay. It may be fucked, but it's in the blood.

What a fucking loser.

based toothpaste

No I came here to ask other autistic people if they know anything about SA

So far I've gotten some good stuff off of here

I never get why people are enthousiastic about these guys. They had one operation which already was given up on before it started. With casualties. Their leader is a pompous fuck who had the audacity to call to success on national television. Their judgement of others is irrational.

>personal space

flag is fucking based though.

last one.

Can you think of anywhere worse than the Durban beachfront on new year’s day?

fuck that.

beautiful country, too bad it's been taken over by black rule.

it feels kind of strange. our country and the world in similar decline.

maybe our destinies are intertwined. one of the famous boer prophets predicted germany would save us... i honestly don't see that. maybe in another timeline...

That would require the world’s greatest uncuckening ever. Maybe they’ll come and save us under the motto of ‘diversity, tolerance and sex changes for all’. You can’t ever have too much of that.

fucking germany 1

fucking germany 2

fucking germany 3