Are you ready to bug out?

With all that's going on currently , it is time to bug out before it's too late

youtube.com/watch?v=YWIIsM3VOVQ

Better have a good poratble HF set with an emcom you can slingshot into a tall tree.

My plan A is to stay put, I have supplies for me and wife for a year without hunting or fishing. Rural, hobby farm,Big diesel generator and a poured concrete house. I should be good.

I tell friends and family in the cities to come to my place if shtf.

more like it. just need so much stuff even for just 90 days.

How about a pocket radio

Only if you want to communicate for 15 miles.

Bump

>mora
you have good taste, my friend. come to /k/.

>Mora
>Good taste

Pick one, and one pick only. t. Marttiini owner.

Some people bug out, some people bug in.

Nice station

>only if you want to communicate all over the world as long as youre within 15 miles of a repeater station.

Fixed that for you, everyone should have a radio.

If the repeaters are working and so is EchoLink. Hell, the 3 repeaters near my cabin are not on EchoLink at all.

I have a 60 foot tower I got from the county when they tore down the old Sheriff's station up there. Haven't put it up yet, still deciding on the antenna(s).

I love using these because it makes baby boomer hams rage

I dunno' about bugging out. I'd stay in. I have a decent amount of water, canned goods, rice, so on, plus plenty of medical stuff and a few guns and several thousand rounds of ammo. I raise chickens and rabbits, grow vegetables. I have gold and silver in my gun safe. I think I'll be good to go for at least 6 months of habbenings. Significantly more time if I ration carefully. Keeping the kids healthy and safe would be my first priority. I don't have everthing , could use a generator and a 4x4 vehicle, but I'm not in dire straights.

So you actually got a working Baofeng speaker mic? I bought three before I gave up. They never worked on any of my HTs (Kenwood or Baofeng).

I love the radios for the price. I have several for Duplex/Simplex and one set to Maritime and I'm thinking about getting a few more, but I will never buy one of those speaker mics again.

What don't you like about mora? I haven't had issues with them and I've been using the same 5 dollar craftline for years. Is it an aesthetic thing? Design? Materials?

I don't like anything Swedish.

All four of them work

I meant the hand mic, not the radios.

oh, right. Well, I have 3 others in case this one doesn't work. The idea was that I'd hand out the other three radios if I needed some extra ears/eyes and mine would be attached to my plate carrier with the hand mic. I'd give out the hand mics on a per need basis.

Probably should test all of them though...

You should. The first one I had just transmitted a voltage current (lucky it didn't fry my discriminator or mixer), the second one had a broken PTT switch and the third one was just DOA.

It just wasn't worth the time or effort to fix them. I've since bought Kenwood mics at Ham Swaps for $10 and they work just fine.

Bugging out is mostly for big cities where nobody knows anybody , those places will be instantly fucked with rioters, as we have seen plenty of times

Fair enough. I hate sand niggers too.

Bug in. Build up supplies at your house that will last for months and be ready to die from cancer.