Architecture for and by Sup Forums

What's your favorite kind of architecture, Sup Forums?

If you could create your own architectural style, what elements would it have? What would be its defining feature, if any?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PozuuRNQTPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Dwarven

Albert Speer, of course

Traditional/Revivalist architecture corresponding to your home country. Easy.

Nativism and Tradition matter.
I don't care about using new materials, or advancing in concepts, but to just corrode your identity for the sake of it it's just criminal.

Medieval Gothic

You may not like it but this is what peak architecture looks like

Gothic architecture is my favorite.

Unironically this :)

It just looks so damn comfy. I want a citadel to keep out all the degenerates

Arthas did nothing wrong

I'm pretty good with Abaddon too. Get your mmr up fgts.

The only correct answer.

Neogothic and neoclassic are the best styles.

I really love the romanticized classical european architecture in anime and japanese games set in some sort of fantasy european inspired setting.

white stone it must be built from it

Ooo user I've got something better

Behold: Gondolin

it's even better when it's mounted on the back of a titan or a star ship, I fucking love the fact ship interiors are stone corridors with big ass torches mounted on the wall

9/10

Man, it's gotta be a bitch to live in the upper levels of Minas Tirith. Have fun walking up & down several hundred flights of stairs to get somewhere.

Baroque, however I would like to have seperate zones in my city, like the way many cities have a "old town".
However I would like them to be bit more similar in size. Say half the city in baroque, and the rest in a more modern style. Worth mentioning that even in the modern part i would ban globalist looking glass dildo buildings, however it could indeed be a bit more tall buildings and more free shaped than the baroque area.

I's a massive city, there are likely people who have never been further than 5 or so levels from where they were born. There are people who live like that in modern cities. Plus, anybody living at the top would own horses or a carriage if they needed to go anywhere significantly far.

This thread... Architecture is my passion.. Really strong passion. I am obsessed with it

BRUTALISM

Midcentury international style, glorious austere monuments cleansed of the stain of history, forged by function.

Fuck that's amazing. Architecture is really the most amazing landmark a culture can leave

Nazi architecture

Dark Souls 3 is the only one I haven't gone back to do NG plus on

Remember goyim. If you are not depressed, it means you're a narcissist.

And this

Jesus, ain't that just picture perfect?
why don't people build castles anymore?
if I was a millionaire I'd build a nice one on a hill with a gorgeous view

But then again, the humor and confidence of high postmodernism reflected a charm that we can't really access today. These forms are pretty nostalgic now, you can't build a smartass high rise anymore.

Kinda reminds me of that kike gold domed building in Jeruselum lol

If you folks are interested in architecture I would reccomend my own channel. I have streams where i work on my city project regularly

youtu.be/PozuuRNQTPc

Craftsman/Arts and Crafts.

It's just fucking cozy.

Anything built like a bunker is aok with me

Anal longbow

The European road grid is definitely the best

Amerifags require strict grids because they can't work together well enough to have strange angled buildings

>Worth mentioning that even in the modern part i would ban globalist looking glass dildo buildings

just kill me now, I live by SF and the only thing it had going for it was its beauty, not with all these new glass buildings for tech retards to pay $5000 a month are shitting up the whole skyline

Why would anyone interested in architecture be interested in Cities Skylines?

Oh, that's right, they won't be. Don't advertise your shit channel, fuckface.

PS - your city sucks. Seen WAY better, and built better myself. I'd post one but I spend more time making terrain, than cities. You're one of those "muh roundabouts" and "fling interchanges anywhere" dudes.

San Francisco has a lot of beautiful architecture. I have a few buildings from it in my city project

What are counter weight elevators and multi-pulley systems

Any character in SF was chiseled off in the 90's, and the community was destroyed a decade ago. It's all hipster bullshit now. I havent bother going into the city for over a year now, and I live 20 minutes away. Wait, no, make that 3 hours away, with traffic.

Plus, the entire place smells like a toilet now. There's shit and piss everywhere.

Nah.. I am not. Besides, I improve my city constantly. I started it over a year ago and since then ive removed large chunks of it a few times

There's some left, but a lot of it's been destroyed. It's really sad.

calm down

The fuck is that?

I feel tempted to make my own style. But the clock is 01:29am

>Any character in SF was chiseled off in the 90's, and the community was destroyed a decade ago.
>community
The gay community? SF has been shit since the early 60's. Hearing my gf's dad talk about growing up here, it sounds so foreign. Everyone in SF is either an unfriendly leftist white 'woke' hipster or stark raving mad bum who will hurl feces at you.

>I havent bother going into the city for over a year now, and I live 20 minutes away
Same, I graduated from school there last year and used to hang out all the time, after having my shit stolen and graduating I haven't had a reason to go back.

Another

I fucking love this style of roof

My fave

Eww. No. Too low buildings. Also too organic and the blocks are too small. Too many intersections.

Fav? You can't really tell the difference, can you?

10/10

Pantheon.

this is cultural marxism.

Nothing human in it. Never is going to feel like home.

Cultural marxism here.

You have shitty taste my friend.