What is Sup Forums's essential reading list?

What is Sup Forums's essential reading list?

Should I start with Jordan Peterson's book recommendations on his website?

I already bought 1984, Animal Farm and The Art of War. I will get The Gulag Archipelago trilogy at some point down the line.

Also, what's Trump's best book?

Other urls found in this thread:

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
livius.org
unrv.com
wikipedia.com
angelfire.com/folk/bigbaldbob88/TurnerDiaries.pdf
newadvent.org/fathers/3304.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/2802.htm
newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm
libgen.pw/
youtube.com/watch?v=1s0AlJntx0I
twitter.com/valkpol
twitter.com/Rick_RIB4EVER
twitter.com/theillegit
youtube.com/watch?v=bPhDae6Pr2U
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
amazon.com/Trail-Serpent-Inquire-Within/dp/116263118X
humanbiologicaldiversity.com/
mega.nz/#F!J3xhnTBK!4JjwPUbYvOHrU5Tz6X2rmA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Jesus fucking Christ.
We have this thread every hour.
No, Trump's books are absolute trash.

Stop worshipping Jordan Peterson.

200 years together. Culture of critique.

>he fell for the written jew

Funny, the last tiem I saw one was a few weeks ago. They rarely come up.

Maybe you should browse more faggot.
Also, /lit
/Pol reading list are absolute trash. Typically for 15yo faggots.

200 Years Together. I have the PDF. Too bad tyhat one is not available in English officially. I'd prefer a paperback copy...

Why are you so angry?

You need some Mein Kampf, Plato's Republic, and Hobbes' Leviathan, the holy trinity of Sup Forums books.

Because these posts are spam.

If you want a good history book, I would start with Gibbon's "History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire"

I'm only a hundred pages in but it's well worth it.

sonic.net/~rteeter/grtbloom.html
docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

>essential reading list
>all high school-level books
Lel

For any other romaboos in the thread:

Ancient Sources

The Early History of Rome by Livy
Rome and Italy by Livy
The War With Hannibal by Livy
Rome and the Mediterranean by Livy
The Rise of the Roman Empire by Polybius
Jugurthine War by Sallust
Cataline Conspiracy by Sallus
Makers of Rome by Plutarch
The Fall of the Roman Republic by Plutarch
The Conquest of Gaul by Julius Caesar
The Civil Wars by Julius Caesar
The Reign of Augustus by Cassius Dio
The Roman History by Cassius Dio
Letters from a Stoic by Seneca
The Satyricon by Petronius
Agricola by Tacitus
Germania by Tacitus
The Annals of Imperial Rome by Tacitus
The Histories by Tacitus
Twelve Casears by Seutonius
The Letters of the Younger Pliny by Pliny the Younger
Roman History by Appian
Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
Lives of the Later Caesars by Some Merry Prankster
The Later Roman Empire by Ammianus Marcellinus

Modern Sources

The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Edward Gibbon
The Roman Revolution by Ronald Syme
The Etruscans by Michael Grant
The Roman Republic by Michael Crawford
The Civiliation of Rome by Donald Dudley
Daily Life in Ancient Rome by Florence Dupont
Soldiers, Citizens and the Symbols of War by Antonio Santosuosso
The Complete Roman Army by Adrian Goldsworthy
The Romans R.H. Barrow
Rome and Her Enemies ed Jane Penrose
Who's Who in the Roman World by John Hazel
The Punic Wars by Nigel Bagnall
Cicero by Anthony Everitt
Julius Caesar by Philip Freeman
Rubicon by Tom Holland
Augustus by Anthony Everitt
The Cambridge Companion to the Age of Augustus ed Karl Galinsky
Claudius by Barbara Levick
69 AD by Gwyn Morgan
Vespasian by Barbara Levick
Pompeii: Life of a Roman Town by Mary Beard
Daily Life in Anceint Rome by Jerome Carcopino
The Emperor Domition by Brian Jones
Trajan by Julian Bennet
Hadrian by Anthony Everitt
The Emperor Hadrian by Thorsten Opper
Marcus Aurelius: A Life by Frank McLynn
The Roman Empire from Severus to Constantine by Pat Southern
Aurelian and The Third Century by Alaric Watson
Diocletian and the Roman Recovery by Stephen Williams
Constantine and Eusebius by T.D. Barnes
The Closing of the Western Mind by Charles Freeman
Constantine and the Bishops by H.A. Drake
Constantine the Great by Michael Grant
The Cambridge Companion to the Age of Constantine ed Noel Lenski

Archeology

Rome and Environs by Filippo Coarelli
Rome: An Oxford Archeological Guide ed Amanda Claridge
Rome Alive: A Source Guide to the Ancient City ed Peter Aicher
Rome Past and Present by Vision Publications
The Colosseum by Keith Hopkins
The Roman Forum by David Watkin

Websites

Livius- Articles on Ancient History: livius.org
UNRV History: unrv.com
Wikipedia: wikipedia.com
De Imperatoribus Romanis: http:/roman-emperors.org/

Fucking this, Peterson speaks common sense but he isn't some glorious fucking messiah. Read some David Irving, Mein Kampf (Both parts) Oswald Mosley's biography and world war Z by Max Brooks. (It's not particularly red pilled but it is rather fun).

angelfire.com/folk/bigbaldbob88/TurnerDiaries.pdf

Just picked up Mein Kampf (2017 Dalton translation). It's uncannily relevant to current year, almost like reading a playbook for the past decade.

Read the beginning of the softspoken end (over a lilac pool debrised with dildos and KFC buckets) out of the glorified pages out of the womb of your mother's mother's mother's mother's daughter. Look into the stars and know you dropped out of Venus into these derelict forests where the reptiles stomp and your mother coos for TRex dick. Fresh out of the volatile Venus mists you dropped glistening Hyperborean. But now look at you. Poisoning the Earth with your poisoned Venus blood. Look at how we would have been without you. A fierce African storm shitting lightning drifts on a soft moist breeze hence. You feel the Earth in the air and know it is not yours. You are Venus feces. Begone.

Is that you Lucretius?

saw this yesterday.
Make of it what you will.

I am a fierce starchild proficient in Lucretius but not obliged. Find me in the skies streaking westwards towards the A24 6(twench) which is beyond your pitiful marble's comprehension at this epoch.

This needs to be more widely read.

>world war Z by Max Brooks. (It's not particularly red pilled but it is rather fun).
Thing about WWZ is Max Brooks gives his characters all the same voice. None of them sound like individuals with their dialogue, they all just sound like Max Brooks doing different impressions. "Here's Brooks trying to sound like a British historian". "Okay, now here's Brooks trying to sound like a Japanese neet turned samurai monk".

Mind you, they are of course all characters being written by the same guy, but good authors don't make it obvious.

Barely coherent I see! But I am a dick if I do not barbless my own! Seeguei like a tower blinking bluely in the gentle Newzonea summer air. Keep to your bounce and vibrate on smooth as a grindstone. Kuda!

Kuda. Rare court here fuckface.

>that leftist shit mixed in with the others
Gross.

> essential Sup Forums reading
FPBP

Kuda holy twits didn't thank I'd evar fuck your hole in a place such as thas! Fuddlemoney just fucking your hole. Fuck fuck ficky fuck your hole. They probably see us as gobberosh. I'm just fucking your hole. God I'm wowing myself to Christ and back. Imagine.

You should always be reading books from all kinds of authors. It'll give you more firm grounding in what you believe and be able to understand how your opponents think.

Mein Kampf should always be the first read. Tells you all the problems with capitalism and communism. Explains how Jews manipulate cultures and media.

Because you're overdoing it. And you can drown your dog with your homo parce.

Wow 1p Kuda but this will go over their heads. Pretentious shit to speak in our own lexicon. Why even come here and do that.

Hoppe

Miscalced epoch.

Vilfredo Pareto

Unironically this

>1984
Pretty decent, make sure to read Brave new world too
>animal farm
Ok, anti totalitarian/stalins, but pro-communism,
>art of war
Waste of time

Since your just starting out for fiction just read some of the classics, for non fiction read books that give you a good summary of important events in history. I think it's better to first get a good sense of the comminalities between the causes of major events rather than the specific details of only one. It's surprising how similar General politics from 3000 years ago are to nowadays in many ways

Fuck all that. Start with the Greeks and romans. Move from there.

Leviathan
The prince
On liberty

Yukio Mishima.

Get swole and be gay nigga.

>muh safe space

Mein Kampf.

>What is Sup Forums's essential reading list?
Ortho Christianity Starter Pack

0. KJV Bible, or any decent translation.

Check out the early church fathers,
1. St. John of Damascus' "exposition of the faith" is a good start: newadvent.org/fathers/3304.htm

2. St. Athanasius "on the incarnation"
newadvent.org/fathers/2802.htm

3. St Justin Martyr "Dialogue with Typhro the Jew"
newadvent.org/fathers/0128.htm

4. Kierkegaard "Purity of Heart is to Will One Thing" and also his "Practice in Christianity"

5. Frithjof Schuon - "The Fullness of God", edited by Cutsinger

6. The Orthodox Way, by Kalistos Ware

7. Lazarus, Come Forth! by Valentin Tomberg (warning Catholic, not orthodox, but still a great read)

8. The Imitation of Christ, by Kempis (again catholic, but very valuable)

9. The Philokalia

10. The Way of the Pilgrim, by anonymous russian

most if not all these books can be found on libgen.pw/

check out this podcast, "mysterium fasces" youtube.com/watch?v=1s0AlJntx0I
good ortho twitters to follow: twitter.com/valkpol
twitter.com/Rick_RIB4EVER
twitter.com/theillegit

Don't you dare NOT go to church every sunday youtube.com/watch?v=bPhDae6Pr2U

Speak English you fucking faggot

David Friedman - The Machinery Of Freedom
Scott Horton - Fool's Errand
Thaddeus Russell - A Renegade History of the United States

Before you deep dive into theology you should definitely read some Plato.

This.
>I already bought 1984, Animal Farm and The Art of War. I will get The Gulag Archipelago trilogy at some point down the line.
>whats Trump's next best book
This better be bait.

Read Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad.

Literally garbage. Only a handful of those are ever with reading.

>ITT: meme's and people who haven't actually read them

Books like WWZ just make me think how antiquated literature is in terms of entertainment.
There's literally no reason to make anything but history, science, or philosophy into literature anymore because it could be better done via audiobook or film.

I think even Socrates said that literature is fundamentally flawed. I wonder what he would think of audiobooks, and visual media.

Why would I start with Mein Kampf when Hitler wanted to kill slavs and I have no issue with slavs at all?
I can't tell where the propaganda really starts and ends with Hitler, but if he indeed did have the goal of killing all slavs regardless of IQ or genotype, why would you support him?

why don't you actually see if you can finish reading ONE book before buying a whole stack. During the course of reading you will find you want to know more about whatever theme

it'a all me and my friends talk about at work

I've read dozens of books. Mostly fiction, with some non-fiction and a lot of war hero biographies, and a few books considered classics like Malcolm X's autobio, and Anne Frank's diary... This is my first jump into political books though... aside from reading about half of Crippled America a few years ago...

>done better on audio book
>audio
>book
Nigger are you actually retarded?

I've read WWZ... I think. I've read so many fiction booKs I'm not even sure if I have. Yeah, nvm, I definitely have read WWZ. I remember thinking it was okay. More entertaining than the movie at least. I'd recommend The Racketeer..

An audiobook is a hugely different format to an actual book.

When you write something it's beneficial to construct it differently then when you write an oral story or speech.

This. Read something technically useful to your life. Self-help is liberal cancer. Read the true classics of western canon (including the bible, even if you don't give a fuck about religion) if you want some literature to pad it all out.

hamlet's mill

There is no essential reading list but I'll give you my core curriculum young man

Nonfiction
>The Art of War by Sun Tzu
>The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli
>Class: A Guide Through the American Status System by Paul Fussell

Fiction
>Dune by Frank Herbert
>House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
>The entire collection of Lovecraft

You should naturally bear in mind that 1) this is just my opinion, and 2) I've read many books other than these over the years and so should you

The International Jew, Mein Kampf, World At The Crossroads, You Gentiles, Germany Must Perish, The Trail Of The Serpent, The Secret Powers Behind Revolution, 200 Years Together, A Program for Jews and Humanity, Protocols Of The Edlers Of Zion, Culture Of Critique, The Jews Must Live, On the Jews and their lies, Morals and Dogma, Proof of a Conspiracy, Magick, Talmud, Zohar, The Secret Teachings Of All Ages

and sub to this channel, you are now God tier anons use the magically wisely
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

This trail of the serpent not the fiction one
amazon.com/Trail-Serpent-Inquire-Within/dp/116263118X

The Occult Technology of Power
Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars

Horus Heresy

Saw the film a while back. Loved it.
Is the book much better?

The book is amazing. A real Debbie downer, but amazing none the less.

Eh.

Cormac McCarthy has better books than this, especially in the sense that you're reading them to improve your world view. If you want to know how brutal humans really can be, read Child of God. If you want a metaphorical horror story, read No Country for Old Men. If you want a really good classic American novel that """really makes you think""" read Blood Meridian. The Road is a mix of all of these but the fame comes form the shock factor rather than the actual message. Movie studios won't ever touch Child of God.

Never even heard of those books but they seem interesting.... they're not really what I'm looking for at this moment though...

the book is terrible

it reads like a Dick and Jane book

Anyone else find it's harder to focus when reading on a kindle as opposed to a hard copy? I used to be able to easily sit down and read through hundreds of pages of a good novel, but I open a book on my kindle and I don't really even get into what I'm reading, I don't know.. maybe I'm just not very interested in what I'm reading.

that move literally destroyed me

the scene where the cannibal gang was keeping people in the basement, taking their limbs off one at a time and leaving them alive for later.. the absolute depravity of desperate, hungry people terrifies me

thats why anyone LARPing about wanting some collapse/SHTF/accelerationalist scenario is absolutely insane. only the most animalistic people would persevere

>Movie studios won't ever touch Child of God.

>Film adaptation[edit]
Main article: Child of God (film)
In February 2012, James Franco began shooting a film adaptation of Child of God in Hillsboro, West Virginia.[5] The film stars Scott Haze as Lester Ballard and Jim Parrack as the Sevier County lawman Deputy Cotton.[6] The movie was selected to be screened in the official competition at the 70th Venice International Film Festival and was an official selection of the 2013 Toronto International Film Festival. The film received mixed to negative reviews, holding a rating of 38% on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes. The critical consensus states: "An obviously reverent adaptation that fails to make a case for the source material being turned into a movie, Child of God finds director James Franco outmatched by Cormac McCarthy's novel."[7]

Jesus you are far behind. Yes read Orwell, that's baby stuff but necessary to understand, so get it over with,
>humanbiologicaldiversity.com/
Read the Ford translation dummy.
Also don't forget James Manson AKA Chadson's Helter Skelter

mega.nz/#F!J3xhnTBK!4JjwPUbYvOHrU5Tz6X2rmA

>Read some David Irving, Mein Kampf (Both parts) Oswald Mosley's biography

Don't hoard, just read what you have already bought.

It might be above your level though.

Read Thump

pace yourself. sprinkle some fluff between redpills. too much too fast it is liking taking your vitamins on an empty stomach, youll just end up shitting half of it out without absorbing the value you were looking for when you chose to make the effort.

youre looking to construct a temple that is your soul. that takes a lifetime, not a year.

That's the translation I want but can't find an affordable version online. They're all like 40 bucks new, and I can't find any at all on Ebay. I already have the ebook version but like I said, I hate reading books on any screen.

Orwell's other great book is Homage to Catalonia

Peterson's book recommendations are pretty good and many are part of the western canon. Every Sup Forumsack should definitely read Notes From the Underground.

>brave new world too
agreed
>pro-communism
meh
>waste of time
yeah, no. Art of War is a must read unless you have a bunch of way better suggestions for game theory books, I'd love to hear them.

If you haven't read Revolt Against the Modern Man, you're not a Sup Forumsack. You're a ledditor.
>game theory books,
How about wikipedia article on game theory? Especially Nash Equilibrium.

This is a decent book, but hardly relevant to Sup Forums. It's a 100 % fictional story.

modern world not modern man you dipshit

Well boohoo, awful mistake.