I get it, I get it. We all love our guns, no-gun zones are retarded...

I get it, I get it. We all love our guns, no-gun zones are retarded. But why do Americans hate background checks when it comes to purchasing weapons?

Other urls found in this thread:

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html
fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck you, thats why.

criminals don't get background checks before they get guns

go fuck yourself

Dont really as long as they are objective like criminal history/dishonorable discharges

I think repeat violent offenders shouldnt be allowed to buy a gun

Because why should I trust those people who make background checks? What if government puts me onto a list because I didn't vote democrats? Or because I like Pepsi more then Cola? Or I prefer X over Y?

We already have background checks on the state level. The Left wants national background checks, which would necessitate a federal registry.

A fear that registration will result in a national gun registry. They don't want to be on a list, and are afraid that if the federal gubmint has them on a list, they'll be a target for the federal gubmint when they plot their shitty militia takeover. Because they somehow think that they'd be able to fend-off the federal government and the military if they somehow were directed towards the American People.

>But why do Americans hate background checks when it comes to purchasing weapons?

There is already background checks. They are annoying because it takes an extra 15 minutes before you and your brand new handguns are at the range.

what's actually funny is requiring background checks to get hired for any job.
Gun? yeah have yer gun.
Job? Oh it says here you had two speeding tickets last year sorry you're a liability

Let's have background checks for breathing, too. Alive people could be dangerous, after all.

Because criminals don't use background checks so it entirely defeats the purpose. It's like walking into a CVS and asking the clerk for heroin, completely idiotic and criminals won't go through legal means to get weapons. You liberals need to get out your moms basement/wealthy suburban life once in a while and see the world for what it is.

>But why do Americans hate background checks when it comes to purchasing weapons?
Because as this Texas church shooting proves background checks are horribly unreliable:
>emotionally and mentally unstable since at least the 6th grade
>brought guns into airforce base in 2012 to threaten commander
>sent to a psych hospital
>escaped from the psych ward
>beat his wife
>beat his stepson so badly he cracked his skull
>12 months confinement in military prison
>arrested again for losing his shit and beating up a puppy in a trailer park and cahrged with animal cruelty
>continued to fued with and threaten the ex-wifes family long after being released from military prison
All that and he still passed the background check at the gun store.

Until the laws already in the books are actually enforced they should not be calling for new laws. Even with tight laws you still have to rely on the government to not fuck up their paperwork.

DAS IST NAIZ GEWSHTUZEN JUDEN WERFEN MACHINEN!

literally this

You probably allready on a list like that anyway

Fuck OP

Uh, what? We already have background checks at the national level. Every time you buy a gun they run a check against the DOJ.

>horribly unreliable
Literally happened once out of millions and millions of background checks.

Because we have given up 80% of our original gun rights to appease you liberal communists. We already have background checks, massive restrictions and its never enough for you faggots. We look to Europe and its clear if you commies ever took control you would implement a total gun ban.

Fuck you, fuck your ideology, fuck your liberalism and kill yourself you commie piece of shit.

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

This. If the current laws are shown to be ineffective when they are determined to be properly enforced, discussion can be had on what to do about these laws, making new laws, whatever. Until that time, making new laws is pretty much pointless.

Wait until you get your hatespeech laws dumbass.
"huh you've written a sexist comment in 2007 on youtube, no guns for you"

False. Each state has its own DOJ

Make background checks free and instant, otherwise fuck off.

why do leafs love strawmen?
why can't the Air Force file a simple form?
laws only apply to people that follow them
fuck you

Very simple, even as a fucking britbong, to understand.
In a country where defending yourself and family with guns is constitutional, primarily, against a TYRANNICAL GOVERNMENT, why the fuck would you let said government set the rules for if you should own them or not?

Greatest ally

Only God can judge me.

Including my competence to own a firearm.

>liberals
>communists

These two are not the same thing. Try again.

I don't see a problem with background checks because if you're someone who hasn't done anything wrong, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. However, is what I am afraid of because of how corrupt the gov't has become.

Are you under the assumption that there are no background checks when purchasing a gun? Cause there is. Unless your grandpa is passing down his rifle to you.

>Literally happened once out of millions and millions of background checks.
The guns used in virtually all American spree killings were legally purchased by men who passed background checks.

In the Orlando night club massacre the gunman (Omar Marteen) passed the background check due to a clerical error as well. It was later found that 1,514 psychological evaluation forms were erroneous and the gunman was among them. They were listing psychologists who hadn't worked for the company for years to rubber stamp applicants without even meeting them. On top of that the FBI had Omar on their list as far back as 2013 and was investigated again in 2014 when he was linked to a Syrian suicide bomber.

Give them a little and they will take the whole hand

We already have those

hey man, don't ever EVER let yourselves become as cucked as us. I wanna move to America every day

>But why do Americans hate background checks when it comes to purchasing weapons
we already have background checks you stupid fuck

Because they are utterly pointless. The ultimate in feel good retardation. They wrongfully deny thousands of people a year while doing absolutely nothing to prevent criminals from arming themselves.

>"Looking only to official criminal records, data over the past thirty years consistently show that the mythology of murderers as ordinary citizens does not hold true. Studies have found that approximately 75% of murderers have adult criminal records, and that murderers average a prior adult criminal career of six years, including four major adult felony arrests. These studies also found that when the murder occurred "[a]bout 11% of murder arrestees [were] actually on pre-trial release"--that is, they were awaiting trial for another offense."

>"The fact that only 75% of murderers have adult crime records should not be misunderstood as implying that the remaining 25% of murderers are non-criminals. The reason over half of those 25% of murderers don't have adult records is that they are juveniles. Thus, by definition they cannot have an adult criminal record."

guncite.com/gun_control_gcgvmurd.html

shall not be infringed. do you know what the word infringed means?

i love background checks and we already have them. case closed.

You're a fucking retard.

fbi.gov/services/cjis/nics

All correct, and/or true of heart. Guns are legal in the UK too, the problem we have here is that only the northern and rich own them. The media doesn't exist outside londonistan and the masses take their cues from fucking bbc.com

> But why do Americans hate background checks when it comes to purchasing weapons?

There already are background checks when buying from any FFL dealer in the United States - FBI NICS. Private sales do not require a NICS check because there is no way to allow private citizens access to the NICS system for firearms transfers without giving them access to the system for any other purpose.

"Universal background checks" are therefore just another way of saying "private transactions of a certain class of property (firearms) are now prohibited for private citizens," since it would be impossible to securely allow access to a background check system for only legitimate firearms related background checks, and that violates the core tenet of private property ownership: the ability to lawfully transfer that property to another citizen without government interference.

Add to this the fact that restrictions on lawful firearms ownership have always been incremental - restricting classes of weapons, then incrementally restricting conditions under which a citizen is eligible to lawfully purchase a firearm. Gun control measures depend upon gun owners either being too foolish to understand or too weak to oppose incremental measures to restrict Constitutional liberties. Gun registries would enable the government to implement selective gun confiscation rather than wholesale confiscation, in the hopes it would deter organized resistance.

Gun owners have successfully built a GUN CULTURE in the United States that did not exist before the 1994 weapons ban, which makes even "good faith citizenry" appeals for gun control worthless. When are you going to understand that? Gun owners are not going to willingly allow themselves to be stripped of liberties that they already enjoy.

>323.1 million citizens
>approximately 250 million guns in circulation
>30-35k gun deaths in America
>65% suicides, 30-35% actual homicides
>75-80% of remaining 35% are gang related
>generous estimate of 3500 deaths are homicide including self defense and police related
>3500 out of 323.1 million annual
>0.0000108% of total population is gun related deaths in homicide
And we already have background checks at the national level. That fuckhead in Sutherland springs got a weapon because the jag dickheads in charge of his shit made a clerical error and never notified the DOJ.

Couple that up with gun control advocacy senators like Yee who claimed to want stricter gun control then CONSPIRED TO SELL THEM TO GANGS makes me trust you democratic fuckheads about as far as I can throw you.

ATF Form 4473 already exists

Now fuck off

Here we go again.....

What part of the word "infringe" do you not understand?

Fucking This

>What is Vietnam and Iraq

a church is a no gun zone. So?