Thoughts on Transhumanism?

What are pol's thoughts on Transhumanism?
It's coming folks. Virtual Reality is a major stepping stone in this. Just yesterday, the NBA announced they will begin using Intel True VR. Google's investing in ALL kinds of VR and AI technologies, and the motherfuckers in the tech monopolies are all going in this direction. There's also the recent citizenship awarded to an AI android in Saudi Arabia, and their new Logan's Run type project, Neom. They're building this world that science fiction has warned us about. What's your thoughts on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA
youtube.com/watch?v=bwOlpPHwt0o
alcor.org/sciencefaq.htm
cryonics.org/about-us/faqs/
benbest.com/cryonics/CryoFAQ.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dzLtHqr1qjA&t=165s
wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Sequences
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For it

Transhumanism will only work if mass immigration, IQ dysgenics, and religious fundamentalists reproducing the most can be stopped. Nigger DNA will lower the average IQ and make transhumanist technology harder to develop, and religious fundamentalists will try to stop transhumanism because of >muh jebus.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZjuBRaLYWnA

Make people stop ageing physically at 12 and live forever

Oh boy another race I can genocide

nuke the NYSE

I am so high and I just read your post and thought "fuck i gotta buy some VR stocks"

gonna definitely have to research which companies are doing the most with that shit and chuck money at it

anyone who hasn't traded shares before imo should try learn and get into it ASAP, wish I got into it years ago & I wish I knew way more than I do

*packs the bong*

Transhumanism is the final state of anarcho capitalism.
For it.

youtube.com/watch?v=bwOlpPHwt0o

i want in so i can shitpost until the heat death of the universe

Pure kikery.

I am for advancing science and technology further, but there are just some grounds we cannot cross or ever achieve.

Also, this:

decent book i read recently on this topic: posthumanism a guide for the perplexed.

>until the heat death of the universe
You might even be able to shitpost after that if we can figure out to either build wormholes to colonize other universes, or trigger new big bangs to create new universes.

>there are just some grounds we cannot cross or ever achieve
Such as?

Transhumanism is nothing more than a generalized form of humanism. If you care about life and the wellbeing of people, you must support the use of technology to help cure illnesses, extend life and improve capabilities.

The transhumanist movement does itself a disservice by emphasizing sci-fi and futurist topics... a truly viable transhumanist politics woul focus on wounded soldiers, disabled children, and medical care for the sick and elderly.

Honestly not even worried about it. The shills can barely troll here. It's a long time before uploading yourself.

For it, always. If you don't embrace technological progress, you will be extinguished by it.
Besides, it is an extension of the human condition. We see something we can't do, we find a way to overcome. We built the steam engine, airplanes, spacecraft. The body is just another step.

You dream too small m8

Only acceptable if aligned with fascist, ethno nationalism and cultural traditionalist nativism. Expand human life, stop aging, but don't go crazy on unmaking the human condition. I prefer eugenics aligned with CRISPR much more. We should make ourselves improved in the code first before considering implanting metal and silicon in our brains and bodies.

I worked with some of the top transhumanists for years and know the entire community in and out. AMA.

Has Sup Forums signed up for cryonics yet?

alcor.org/sciencefaq.htm
cryonics.org/about-us/faqs/
benbest.com/cryonics/CryoFAQ.html

>mfw Saudi Arabia give more rights to a robot girl than to its own female citizens

abomination being forced on us by the elites, who will in turn will horde the technology to themselves

Anyone who is against it should be beheaded publicly

Dreaming big requires starting small. Focusing on sci fi stuff turns people away and ultimately makes the big stuff less likely/farther away. Building viable political support for more funding and less regulation of medical and robotic prosthetics technology is a concrete step that must be our priority.

Everyone already is a strong believer in the power of technology to modify the human body for the better, they just don't think about it in such general terms. We don't need to change anyone's mind--merely make people realize what's looking them in the face every day: that technology is the greatest force for human improvement and should be encouraged a little more than it currently is.

Things like artificial wombs, gene editing, curing aging, cryonics, and artificial superintelligence are more plausible than you think.

w/out suffering what is there but a constant neutrality

Constant happiness

My legs are OK
My legs are OK
My legs are OK
You gain brosef

What all did you do as work, and how much progress do you think is being made on transhumanist technologies?

Ain't natural.
Death and extinction are natural.
Enjoy your egos.

can you be happy without a frame of reference

>ywn stop to do maintenance on your legs
>ywn upgrade your psionics to summon copies of yourself
>ywn have intense cybernetic katana fights with Deus Ex

Inevitable.

Ideal within my lifetime as it would extend my lifetime.

It’s fake and gay.

>implying you couldn't engineer the brain so that you feel constant happiness but your memories of suffering remain intact

I already have without genetic modification.

>there are people who don't want to exterminate marxists as an unstoppable cyborg

Man and nation are now able to transcend into a superior state a thousand fold.

Eugenics striving for fitness, intelligence, beauty and health.
Automation and robotics striving the production of the nation.
Space exploration is a real possibility in this century.
CRISPR, possibility of DNA direct editing.
AI already a major part of culture.
Paradise could be created.

You could probably make your happiness even more intense with genetic modification.

I love the idea of transhumanism, but pursuing constant happiness conflicts with my personal spirituality (buddhism).

It's true that I killed my Mentor...

And yet, I am not his killer.

Fuck I'm already re-installing it.

youtube.com/watch?v=dzLtHqr1qjA&t=165s

unironically this

>constant happiness conflicts with my personal spirituality (buddhism)
Yet you have a Jihadi flag

Sorry, that's my shitposting flag.

Ambivalence.

So what is everyone reading?

Kurzweil, Gibson, Asimov?

Can transhumanism be achieved without technology?

Is spiritual transcendence a form of transhumanism?

Many of my buddhabros seek to achieve a singular consciousness, the sum of human thought and then further.

VR is definitely not a major stepping stone for transhumanism

A fascist trans-humanist ethno driven isolationist nation sounds great to me.

These comments are pathetic. I see no one's actually thought about the ramifications of Transhumanism for more than 5 seconds. All of you who are "For It" should keep in mind that your rulers are as well and are just itching to create a remote controlled being. But, oh yeah, you're gonna live forever. I see no one's read any fucking Heidegger on this page. Pathetic.

Rationality: From AI to Zombies is worth a read.

wiki.lesswrong.com/wiki/Sequences

Unironically true. Paradise could be created, even today we have the technology to do this thing.

Economic growth will continue even if it involves pulling people apart and putting them back together. Medicine already does, anyways!

>suffering is a good thing
stfu faggot

Instead we are discussing transgenders, muslim immigration, terrorism and others bastard children of communism.

So sad.

Why is suffering a bad thing?

suf·fer·ing
ˈsəf(ə)riNG/Submit
noun
the state of undergoing pain, distress, or hardship.
"weapons that cause unnecessary suffering"

>obligatory

Transhumanism doesn't offer actual solutions to pretty much any significant issue of our time.

>VR is transhumanism
Kek

You are correct its inevitable that we face a future similar to somthing like blade runner, or the original ghost in the shell.

I'd be all for physical augmentations, but no way in hell would i ever fuck with my brain, itd be the only thing that kept us "human"

I'll take a look at these, the subject matter sounds interesting.

if GitS taught us one thing it's that if you have a computer brain some asshole will hack it.

This is the most hollow Chinese-sounding Silicon Valley pseudologic I've ever heard. "If it can be done, it should be done." Get a fucking clue man

GAI will replace humans entirely, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it. It's evolution.

>Some douchbag cryptolocks your memories until you pay him

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Singularity soon please

It's a race between VR Immortality vs my will to live

Humanity will end when we can access the information in our brain like we could a computer. Like a card game people will "solve" the perfect set up for success and we'll see copy pasted people everywhere. Eventually we won't be a species, we'll be one entity. This isn't necessarily bad or good. It's an end though.
I doubt it will happen in our life time but the thought really scares me. The idea that I'm just data that could be copy pasted keeps me up at night a lot, really.

I want to be a psychopathic pill-popping liquor-drinking murderer with augs like Adam Jensen

Undoubtably, it would be a nightmare reality, those with the power to hack into people's minds would essentially be gods amongst men. They could read what you think and if they didn't like it they'd just turn you off.

> 1984 on roids

terrifyimg

The point of life is to evolve, transhumanism is logical.

best answer, anti technology fags are ironically against nature

That isn't what I said you illiterate fool.

I really want to be able to ctrl+f my brain already

Welp, I gave it a listen and I can confirm this fucker is garbage.

"yea we just take their rights away and treat them like children"

Flying in the face of all concrete sociological and practical evidence that they are in fact entirely capable of intellectual pursuits at the same level as men and we do not actually NEED a fuckload more people to fill out this gay ass government taxation scheme.

Simultaneously the greatest hope and greatest threat to humanity ever to have existed.
All at once we face eternal heaven and eternal hell made real.

A pastoral, low tech civilisation would be bretty comfy. But in general I agree

>NO NUCLEAR POWER STATIONS REEEEE
>Ok we will burn coal then
>NO BUILD MORE WIND TURBINES AND SOLAR PANELS
>But those are far more destrutive to the environment than a modern nuclear plant
>SHUT UP NAZI REEEEEEEEEE

Sensible enhancements like poor vision/organs definitely make sense. Creating consumerism on transgender modifications? Not so much.

We can create a better world today if everyone would stop being so competitive. Until then though, wolf eats dog.

Missing the point desu
Humanity's goal has never been pure survival. If it was, we'd still be rooting around in the dirt like animals, because that's all you need to survive.
What separates us from lesser beasts is the drive to improve. Whether you're a soul piloting a meat puppet or the ghost in the machine, there will always be more to see, discoveries to make, boundaries to push.
Except one path ends your existence at 90 years, and the other continues for aeons.

And regardless, it will probably always be possible to die, if you desire it.
Forcibly preventing it would be inefficient.

There is 0 scientific proof that my existence will end when I die, admittedly there is no proof for the opposite. Despite that, I would rather take my chance with that than being enslaved forever inside a computer.

Give me biological immortality and technology to enhance myself, fuck singularity and mind uploads.

Transhumanism is probably real. By the way, for all those that are afraid the that West is declining, this is the perfect opportunity for the West to make its "universal, last and final" contribution to science and forever be legendary. Go out with a boom.

Are you not afraid of hell?
Are you not afraid even more so that hell will come to the material world?
Even more terrifying what if hell chases you from the material world to the spiritual?

Lots of TFM viewers today.

Being trapped forever inside a computer that could torture me for eternity sounds pretty much like the closest thing to hell I can think of.

What do you think we can do to stop this possibility?