Is America a Christian nation?

Is America a Christian nation?

Not anymore

Russia is a Christian Nati--

America is a nation of attention whores looking for (((you’s))).

Yes, because it's a white nation.

George would say it should be, is supposed to be and was.

James Madison is right. The more they are mixed the more tradition and religious truth are destroyed to accomodate the politics of a nation.

The founding fathers definitely believed in a higher power. They believed that the responsibility of religion should be left to the church while the responsibility of governing the country be left to elected officials

You now realize that the purpose of the term "separation of church and state" was to protect the church from the government. It has nothing to do with keeping church out of the government. That's up to voters if they don't want it.

we're a nation where the majority of our population is christian. there are christian churches in every town.

It doesn't really matter if they think the common law and the US government structure was not partly based on Christianity; it is.

They built the laws and government based on Christian presuppositions. Although is it obviously no entirely based on Christianity. Christianity does not really offer much guidance on governments and laws.

Regardless, they still believed in religiosity in guiding people to behave in a moral manner. They did not think it would be possible to have a limited government system work properly without religiosity as a self-governing tool.

America was a secular nation with a Christian people. However I think pretty soon from now religion will radicalize - the majority will be atheist/agnostic, but those who are still religious will be from a Winter Church

> Protestantism
> Christianity

no

It is and shall always be a christian nation.
separation of church and state was to prevent power overlap between the two not full secularization. Think of how the king of england was the head of the anglican church or the pope and the titles many political powers at the time.

It never was, it never had major influence from Christians, it had nothing built around Christianity, and most of the people throughout our history weren't even Christian. They were forced to believe in fairy tales,so they called themselves "Christians" to please their parents.

Christianity isn't American.

>Is America a Christian nation?
It is either a secular/modernist nation or WAS a Protestant nation.

>all stress that politics and law be free of religious influence

>this means that Christianity isn't a part of America

Dumb fat burger fuck

The point was religion shouldn’t be encoded into law. This is because they were trying to superstar themselves from English traditions of having the leader of the church also be the leader of the country.

If you have a country full of almost entirely Christians of course the country is going to be influenced by Christianity

>most of the people throughout our history weren't even Christian.
This I very highly doubt.

America is and never was a Christian nation. This stupid ass country was built on the backs of illuminated theists and freemasonic faggot cucklords who exhalt Lucifer the lightbearer and ancient mystery relgions. Just go to Washington DC and look at the pagan architecture and defication of our founding fathers. Don't be a retarded pajeet and go learn true history and roots.

I'm an atheist but increasingly coming to terms with the fact that as of right now the world would be better off if all non christians were gassed

Sadly not anymore user I’m a white Christian southerner, america is going to hell, we are starting to follow Europe and we are trying our hardest to fight communism and atheism and if we fail I’ll find a new place I have my eyes on Russia and Norway.

Yes even as a an atheist, I can say america is a christian nation founded upon christian values. It is important that we continue to hold and govern in accordance with these values if we are yo maintain our cultural identity and carry on the legacy of our forefathers. However we should also continue our search for truth and yield to new discovery rather than trying to preserve the mythos times past. Its a balancing act that we are currently failing horribly at as we allow rampant degeneracy to erode the moral foundation of our nation. Perhaps if tbe christfags could yield a little bit on the more outlandish parts of their bible (genesis, noah, water to wine) they could stay culturally relevant and reverse the rise of the american weimar republic.

The nation was Christian. The state was and is not.

Illiteracy is a problem.

>that last quote
John Adams didn't say that. That was from the treaty of tripoli and it's taken out of context
>As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims)
>as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims)
that second quote doesn't say what you think it's saying. government =/= nation

The founders found the Christian religion as important for maintaining the integrity and vigilance to the republic.

majority of Americans are christian, so it is, it doesnt take a genious to figure that one out

>Thomas Jefferson

>Christianity was not part of the common law

Categorically false, the Ius Commune (common law) of Europe was the combination of civil law and church canon law. That's why to this day, if you do a law degree, you will graduate with a bachelor of laws. (plural because common law and canon law)

>James Madison

>Religion and government, greater purity when separate

Acceptable claim, but ultimately just a theoretical one stemming from positivism. I don't believe this is true, but Madison can't tell me if it is.

>John Adams

>Not a christian country

Not hard to explain when you reject the divine right of kings, but very hard to explain when at the time the country was 99% Christian.

I mean civil law and canon law = common law

Miss-typed

>Jefferson passed law sending missionaries to the Indians
What did he mean by this?

Christians like to think so.

>Jefferson sent missionaries to the Indians

Because the US of the time was only non-christian for diplomatic reasons stemming from the claim of the British monarchy to the divine right of kings.

When it came to what was within its borders, she promptly disregarded this claim which was for the time abstract to the point of meaningless

Yes, papist. "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."~ Matthew 15:9