Opioid Crisis in America

What is Sup Forums's opinion on the opioid crisis in the United States of America? So here is what I was able to understand with minimal research on my part.

The National Institute on Drug Abuse states : "Every day, more than 90 Americans die after overdosing on opioids. The misuse of and addiction to opioids—including prescription pain relievers, heroin, and synthetic opioids such as fentanyl—is a serious national crisis that affects public health as well as social and economic welfare. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that the total "economic burden" of prescription opioid misuse alone in the United States is $78.5 billion a year, including the costs of healthcare, lost productivity, addiction treatment, and criminal justice involvement. Here is what we know about the opioid crisis:

Roughly 21 to 29 percent of patients prescribed opioids for chronic pain misuse them.6
Between 8 and 12 percent develop an opioid use disorder.7–9
An estimated 4 to 6 percent who misuse prescription opioids transition to heroin.7–9
About 80 percent of people who use heroin first misused prescription opioids."

According to CBS news 1 in 3 Americans were prescribed opioids in 2015

cbsnews.com/news/more-than-one-third-americans-prescribed-opioids-in-2015/
drugabuse.gov/drugs-abuse/opioids/opioid-crisis

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T31r8WtGa80
esquire.com/news-politics/a12775932/sackler-family-oxycontin/
scmp.com/news/world/article/2057240/big-push-opioid-epidemic-killing-oxycontins-us-market-so-makers-target
wvgazettemail.com/news-health/20161217/drug-firms-poured-780m-painkillers-into-wv-amid-rise-of-overdoses
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Eugenics for willpower?
Mass murder for profit?
China's revenge for opium?

I think there isn't much to be done with recreational users. Focus should be on those that became drug seeking/dependent after being prescribed opioids for pain. We don't want people to be in severe pain, so the best course of action is to ramp up research in non-opioid pain relief.

I've taken opioids. Honestly I just don't get it. Sure they sedate you and it kind of feels good, but weed is SO MUCH BETTER and not addictive.

Plus you get horny as fuck and have the best sex on weed. I've never been horny on painkillers.

yeah but opiods make you feel sooooooo fucking good, I have a bad spine injury, I take them at night then I just rest

My condition is so bad that I'm not supposed to work at all, but I manage to work part time

there is no such thing as non-opioid pain relief, they've been trying research on that shit for the last 50 years

The 60 year old grandmother who is recovering from hip surgery isn't looking for a smooth high and being horny as fuck. It's a problem because legit medical patients with no history of prior drug use, take the shit for pain but in short time they are physically addicted.

weed don't remove my pain at all

Opium is used in the majority of the major selling pharm drugs. Monsanto owns a large stake in the pharm business. Afghanistan has the largest Opium crops in the world. Monsanto is one of Obama's biggest campaign contributors. Hillary Clinton worked as Monsanto's lawyer. The first thing Afghanistan did when the USA attacked was shut down all the opium fields. The first thing our government did after invading Afghanistan was seize control of the opium fields. Obama just extended our occupancy of Afghanistan to 2024. Afganistan would've never been invaded if not for 9/11

youtube.com/watch?v=T31r8WtGa80

I was thinking the same but you have to take into consideration that these people are INJECTING heroin into their system.
Though I had morphine injected to me at the press of a button and it did nothing for me.
If marijuana didn't distort your thought processes so much I bet it 99% of the population would be ingesting extreme amounts on the daily.
Benzos and opiates just make me feel like I took a nice shit, weed makes me feel like I stepped out of a sauna.

Next wave of pain relief will be neuroscience, not pharmacology.

she should get a morphine drip for a couple days at the hospital

then opiods just for sleeping without pain

then some lower dose opiod mixed with tylenol

then just the tylenol

most people do that without issues

the core of the problem is weaklings that should not be prescribed the drug in the first place

>a couple of days at the hospital
As if those hospital fucks would allow someone to stay for more than 24 hours

I've taken CNS pain killers and some experimental drugs not on the market yet, they don't work

Lyrica is kinda like that, it fucks with your mind trying to fool it into thinking there is no pain but it's just awful

I fucking love my opios. Love em. Haven't shit in three weeks.

All I know is Vicodin is fucking fantastic and I wish I could take it all the time. It just makes me feel good and motivated to get stuff done. I haven't taken it in a long time but I wish I had a bottle right now. I took ativan recently and that shit made me crave opioids bad.

T big pharma cock sucker

Grow your own opium, stop being a fucking kikeslave

are you from Canada?

I'm from Texas, you can stay a few days at the hospital after surgery

Are you poor like a fucking nigger on obamacare with an obama phone, fuck you and your shit my man

I had real painkillers for the first time when I broke my arm. I didn’t have difficulty lowering my dosage as it became less necessary, then stopping, despite having more.
But holy fuck do I understand why there is an opiate epidemic, that shit is amazing

shut up little kid for fuck sake, you talk all retarded, besides you're late for the cock thread on Sup Forums, fucking faggot

take some stool softener every time you eat, also drink a lot of water, don't be retarded

It's a strange feeling. You feel high, but your brain isn't scrambled like other drugs. You just feel like your body is wrapped in a warm blanket at all times and you are incredibly comfy.

My shits usually pretty runny, hydrocodone just made it solid, it never made me constipated

Imagine the pain of the broken arm not healing, just the vivid pain non stop, that's what a chronic pain issue is, and in that case, opiods are ok

>muh big pharma
You sound like a 17 year old who just got into politics.

It's all true.
I even live in a low-nigger community and it's rampant. I used to get shit from my friends All the time for having interests in martial arts, jap cluture, foreign music, etc...
I've buried 2 friends, caught 3 stealing from me For Oxys, multiple rehab/relapse bros.
I've lost my entire inner circle to this shit, after investing in some solid as fuck dudes, the drugs were just too strong. Really dragged me down for some of my best years. I was already financially handicap (fresh off the boat v. people here with beachside properties/nice cars etc..) but these wealthy fucks stealing from the immigrant was heartbreaking. I'd stalked the perps on occasion, tracking movement and planning for vengence raids - thing is, watching their lives was just too pathetic, like seeing potential go communist. I aborted the Anne Carrigan prop and just do me. Even after all the insane setbacks, somehow my broke ass is better off.
A hard loss to cut, holy fuck did i waste some Good years. There is no helping them. Once a threshold is passed, their only loyalty is to the drugs, ie the jew, or to clarify, their obsession with materialism, and their fall toward feeling insignificance ultimately denying their wealth in locality's beauty. Now they scurry and rob just to escape for a couple hours - CANCER.

My best friends - all of them gone.

I say make it available over the counter.

Take some alieve you pussy, no one has pain like they freshly smashed their arm or had surgery as a chronic issue

Could you imagine the body count.

this

you think you're hot shit don't you

don't fucking understand how a thread works, read up fucking retard, you'll see that I have a major spine issue, not a fucking broken arm

fucking newfag, just home from middle school

amen brother, amen

Guess the religion of the family behind it.
esquire.com/news-politics/a12775932/sackler-family-oxycontin/

I don't fucking get it DESU

trembling jew hahahaha

no, the problem was that you were a shit person to begin with, and that's why you took the pills

the pills did not make you or your "friends" addicks, you're just shit to begin with

like worms, never should have been born, defective weakling unable to grow up

Opiates are badass. There is nothing better than busting your ass working all day then vegging out in the evening with no worries on your mind.

This is why Big Pharma should be regulated down to their knees and their heads chopped off if they dont comply

I don't care about human trash killing themselves in record numbers.

>What's your opinion
It may be killing the less suitable of our race but who's to say that's a good thing? Our race is dying and being bred out at an alarming rate and we still have done nothing. We need to get rid of the suppliers, target the cartels as enemy combatants, and then round up all the pill heads to hopefully detox and/or do tests to determine which other areas of pain relief could possibly be more effective. Large pharma corps should also be targeted to ensure they had no idea (I'm sure they did) of how addicting their pills are and should be charged accordingly

now you're talking

Dude, you will be dead soon, so stop clogging up this board. You fucking rednecks are dropping like flies with your little faggot "back problems" and it is hilarious.

I've abused alot of prescription opiods. Oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine sulphate, roxy/oxycontin, oxymorphone...you get the idea. If there's any one here taking opiods recreationally I would suggest you stop now. If there's anyone dependant on opioids please do yourself a favor and get on buperenorphine and ween off of that. These pills will destroy you physically and financially. Even making $100k a year i could barely keep enough pills on hand to not go into withdraws, which is the worse pain you will experience in your life. I am finally done with pills and maintenance meds, it's not easy but it beats the alternatives.

People don't whip themselves any more, nor do they conceal burlap beneath their fineries. The farthest concept of necessary pain is in exercise. Are you surprised the market rises to meet the demand for a painless life? Perhaps you could intercept the service and provide better ways to live without pain.

I’m an advocate for rightwing deathsquads

t. hans mohamed ahmed
fucking shitskin

Jesus Christ, I don't know if these are Jews larping as opiate users or honest to goodness rednecks one dose of fentanyl away from clogging up our morgues with their stupid asses.

ban assault opiods NOW!!

That's a smart mouth you got there, I feel like slapping it hard

A non-issue contrived by the media to a pretense for further government control of the healthcare industry and subsidization of the trash of society on the taxpayer's expense.

The truth is that opioid addiction rates have dropped precipitously in the past 3 years.
The reason why everyone thinks there is an "epidemic", is not based on statistics but instead media hammering this issue home day in and day out. They do this using selective perception, offering only anecdotal accounts of the ravages of these "evil" drugs.
They seldom have experts on but rather offer only junkies, who are by their very definition, unreliable narrators. They are portrayed as the innocent victims of some reckless doctor who happened to write them an opioid prescription. This scenario is ridiculous. The reason it is perpetuated is because they are a convenient boogeyman, and also as a scare tactic to pressure qualified physicians from speaking out against the egregious abuses brought on by the so called drug epidemic.

Anecdotes are NOT evidence of an epidemic.
>It happened to MY FAMILY, it can happen to ANYONE
As if this is supposed to be representative of the entire population? Why should we take your word for it.

Several colleagues and I had an extensive study rejected for correlating drug abuse and intelligence and found a strong, statistically significant, inverse relationship between IQ and drug ADDICTION.

Anyone who promotes the opioid epidemic nonsense is a pawn for more powerful people.

HOLY FUCK THIS THREAD.

This and the other SAME FUCKING THREADS EVERY DAY.

Just abuse your drugs like an adult and keep your mouth shut. No one cares, and no one thinks your cool.

Yes, theres an opoid abuse problem. Guess what, nothing is going to change, or if it does it will be a long time.

There, conversation and debate over.

Wtf did you expect from this thread? For someone to say there isnt a problem with opoids. Holy fuck, OP, I hope you get the worst fucking AIDS there is.

Look up the thread where you claimed to work part time even though your injury should be too severe for that. Your persona already understands necessary pain.

aren't you missing the feeling? it's so good, especially after you've stopped for awhile, just take a couple oxys for tonight, it's just for tonight, come on , you'll feel so good, take them pills

Get your high and mighty ass out if you don't think this is a real problem.

Drug are bad mkay

>t. Obvious kike

**Nancy Carrigan

Yeah, that's my entire point, I can tell the difference between unnecessary pain and normal pain

the pain killer allows me to sleep, therefore I can rest enough to work part time, I'm hardly able to walk yet I still do it, so that my body don't cramp up

>oh so you have a problem?
>well fuck you for trying to think of ways to do anything to stop it
Thanks for the prescription Dr. Shekelblatt

Youre wrong, opiates are not like other drugs they are extremely addictive.
People who end up addicted to them are the people who are good and get hurt working or being productive.
I broke my arm and I myself felt the urge to chase them. A lot of people can't shake the adiction or minimize it though. Our doctors are traitors for prescribing this shit to children.

>What is Sup Forums's opinion on the opioid crisis in the United States of America?
The most efficient way to solve it is to legalize krokodil and fentanyl so that heroin addicts die off faster. It's natural selection.

t. nigger don't understand what a joke is

Am I the only one that likes the Duterte approach?

>Our doctors are traitors for prescribing this shit to children.
Top fucking kek

t. I was just pretending to be retarded

This makes me sad. Me and my circle were all good kids, mostly overachievers. I had 21 college credits by the time I graduated high school. But one friends mom had pain pills, and our harmless pot smoking led to those. I was bad enough on them it led me to drop out of college but I'm the lucky one, no rehab or jail ever. All the rest just live in a cycle of shooting heroin and stealing, to rehab, to a brief clean period then back to heroin, they have for years. Three dead. Me and a black bro from a poor family are the only ones now that are clean and living good lives. It's just sad. Fuck the chemical Jew, and fuck millennial weakness.

Nope. The dut is right up there in the solution range

I showed you evidence that it wasn't and you respond emotionally like a child.
Low IQ people and people that rage for no reason are the problem, like yourself.

This makes me sad. Me and my circle were all good kids, mostly overachievers. I had 21 college credits by the time I graduated high school. But one friends mom had pain pills, and our harmless pot smoking led to those. I was bad enough on them it led me to drop out of college but I'm the lucky one, no rehab or jail ever. All the rest just live in a cycle of shooting heroin and stealing, to rehab, to a brief clean period then back to heroin, they have for years. Three dead. Me and a black bro from a poor family are the only ones now that are clean and living good lives. It's just sad. Fuck the chemical Jew, and fuck millennial weakness. Sorry for your shitty experience immigrant bro. Where you from?

Yea, felt good man, too fucking good. I can't relapse though, I've come too far to fall back in the shit.

One of my daughter's friends got "hurt " at softball practice so she could get more drugs.
15 years old

My wholly pragmatic and sensible opinion is that opiates should be over-the-counter drugs just like co-codamol is today. If someone's dependant on opiates but opiates are very cheap, then they neither have to shoot up to efficiently get their fix, nor rob people. Plus they can work because they're no longer scummy smackheads but tasteful daily users of oxycodone.

Dude, just kill yourself, I mean what's the point of living like this, it's too much, you can't fix it, end the pain now, kill yourself, do you have a firearm?

You won't relapse

Just a couple pills for tonight only, that's it

>harmless pot smoking led to pills
How? You just decided one day to take pills why you smoked? That wasn't the weed

>15 years old
hnnnnnnggggg

four words for you (x2): soft voluntary intelligence eugenics
But I'll sage, since (bogus reason for arbitrary decision).

Gateway drug propaganda. Wow, that's a blast from the past.

That's absolutely brilliant

scmp.com/news/world/article/2057240/big-push-opioid-epidemic-killing-oxycontins-us-market-so-makers-target
wvgazettemail.com/news-health/20161217/drug-firms-poured-780m-painkillers-into-wv-amid-rise-of-overdoses

mr. read the thread can't take his own words into consideration.

first, lay that broken spine down and stay there sucking dozens of cocks a day for the rest of your miserable, as you know it is, days.

then, we can start the conversation with some clarity. I'm not the shit person, being the only one who wasn't taking the pills. I was saying I'm the last man standing in a circle of good people, being the only one to avoid the plague.
The point was having to watch everyone you care about turn to jews, slowly, like rot.

>inb4 well, uhh, you're the poopy!

I ain't clicking that, I'm way too high on my pills to read that shit

This just in humans like opium.

The only way that could happen is if we didn't have to worry about the constant stream of illegal aliens into our country.cracj down on the distribution by the cartels and insure we have tight security to keep them mostly out, then all drugs could be legalized. The rest of their business would dry up and the US would no longer be an accessable market like it is today

She is way prettier than that
5' 10"
Blonde blue eyes
She also told my daughter the practice was cutting into her fucking a 19 year old black guy after school

But don't you think cheap pharmaceutical-grade opiates would be vastly more attractive than cartel black tar?

Keep your cuck fantasies to yourself.

I read your crying bitch story, It's just obvious that you're a shit person, like you're dead inside, got nothing to look forward too, all sad and crying all the time

keep crying bitch, ain't nothing gonna help your ugly ass

Both articles worth reading though, very informative and rage-inducing.

Americans are retards, they will take any medication / advice their doctor gives them as truth and fact, instead of doing their own independent research, which would take actual effort, they're brain dead morons and deserve everything they get for being mentally inferior.

Now I definitely won't read them
kek

I think all drugs should be legal in prison
Just have a buffet of everything
All you have to do to get out is test negative for 6 months
If you can walk buy it every day and not take it you're really clean

Unfortunately true

This post, in it's attempt to redirect, and its shit chart are akin that redneck tripplefaggot. This is a hypnothread. the PROBLEM is VERY REAL.

also, never seen this thread here before. Serious bullshitting goin on here for a simple bread.

lucky for you who aren't around it.

I'm going to be sick.

Fucking pathetic. Find a hobby, work on your home or something. But with that attitude, I imagine you rent a trailer.

Fuck off you degenerates. Drugs are for lesser people and any who succumb reserve their fate.

>the PROBLEM is VERY REAL.
nah

It reminds me that US military troops are guarding the poppy fields in Afghanistan- the ones the shitbird Taliban had all but eradicated before we went over there to "liberate" them or "get Osama" or whatever the hell the excuse was.

We've got a president, crying about the opioid crisis/ heroin addiction explosion, but OMG No. We mustn't leave Afghanistan.
I didn't think about the PhRma connection until just now.

Of course it would but what's the cartel going to do? Hang their heads in defeat? No they'll pool their money together and try to corner the newest market. It's why they must be eliminated along side the legalization of certain drugs

I take opiates everyday and I have a hobby, I have a huge model train set up that I work on everyday, also I cut my wood for my fireplace

You can work on your home while cracking open a few col-- drinking poppy seed tea.

Well yeah they'd move on to other criminal enterprises, or they'd tear themselves to pieces because they're poorly organised subhuman savages who fly into extreme violence over nothing.