Revelation
2:7/11/17/26
3:5/12/20-21
21:7/27

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqSelVJvoA
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpMTAPw1gY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I get this, but what does the picture mean?

That the faggot couldnt stop slobbering on his own knob, and Jesus smote him for it?

Thinking you need to be a goid boi gets you damned

Matthew 7
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

>in b4 Father's will is do works
John 6
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

>in b4 James 2

I don't want to go all 'no true Scotsman', but any Christian who reads and studies his Bible and goes to church to listen to the teachings ought to know this. It's one of the things that separates the Christian faith from the myriad of other wannabe religions.

James 2:19
Matthew 7:21
James 2:24

see

Ignoring those verses via sophistry doesn't make them go away. The idea that good deeds create salvation is heresy. The idea that intellectual assent alone, that is to say that merely believing all the right doctrines will save you, is also heresy. The idea that both together will save you is heresy.

Then what leads to salvation?

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is this, repent of your sins and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. The word "repent" is a bit of a misnomer however, because the word isn't a very good translation, it implies heavy remorse and an emotional reaction, whereas the greek Metanoia does not. The word would better be translated "Be converted", but even that leaves one thinking of just joining a religious order.

The word Metanoia means "A fundamental shift in thinking, that leads to a fundamental shift in behavior." Or as Jesus Himself put if "Ye must be born again."

In short you must acknowledge your sins and failings, and declare your intention to remove them, and believe the basic doctrines of Christianity. Your success in removing them doesn't matter, there is no tally keeping track of good deeds vs bad deeds, what matters is the sincere desire to be reformed.

Salvation is a process, beginning with that first moment where one decides to believe the gospel and turn [in one's mind, if not entirely in one's actions yet] from sin, and ending with resurrection.

Some of the wiser protestants have a watered down version of this idea they call "Saving Faith" to distinguish it from mere belief. The point is that if "By faith alone" is taken to mean "Just believe these ideas intellectually and you'll be fine, continue living as you were" then that idea is heresy.

Other Christians make the argument that "If you truly believed, you would not act this way". Again, they are not wrong, but its still watered down compared to the full explanation of the Greek, which links the word Metanoia to all those things about being "born again" and "becoming like little children."

>repent of your sins
nope. You will burn, that's works.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpMTAPw1gY

I must suppose then that John the Baptist and Peter did not know the Gospel as well as you.

If you think that "Faith" means just believing, intellectually, that certain things are true then you are sorely mistaken.

The very verses linked say as much, that even the demons believe, and that not all who call Christ "Lord" will be saved.

Saving faith is not merely intellectual assent.

muslim jihadbro here can someone explain this to me?
>doing good just so you can go to heaven, and not to be "morally good", will not make you enter heaven
is this what god is talking about?

>but what does the picture mean?

If you're not constantly telling Jesus how awesome he is, he doesn't give a flying fuck whether you were "good" or not. Kind of like the way trannies expect you to constantly reinforce them as women.

Jesus is a Jew. I don't listen to Jews because they are liars.

The Christian God is not like some half-asleep judge you can hope to bullshit your way by because you lucked in to hiring a shark lawyer to finagle your way in grace because you technically repented. *You have to actually believe it.* That's the joke that the usual fedorables don't understand when they try this argument because they're actually of sub-negro intelligence and it doesn't occur to them that the skybully would fucking know if they were lying--it's not a magical loophole, it's literally the hardest way in to heaven. You /can/ be a baby-raping murdering bastard but you still have to 100% believe, beyond any doubt, in your repentance for it to matter.

What are the chances someone who has never known god's love to suddenly get it after a life of sin? Impossible enough to be considered a miracle.

I still am not sure what you mean.

So to be saved you have to do two things

1. Believe that Jesus Christ was and is the son of God. And in fact is god alongside the father and holy spirit.

2. At least attempt to live in a Christian manner as detailed by Jesus on the bible. If you fail that's fine but keep trying etc.

And that's it?

>"A fundamental shift in thinking, that leads to a fundamental shift in behavior."
or as some people would say adopt(believe in) all the right doctrines and then act upon them

Metanoia just means regret

I think the argument is that your acts will keep you further from Gods plan for your life if you do not act righteously and lawfully.
You will still be saved, but you will not achieve the purpose the lord set for your life, which will truly be your regret

You tard tier atheists are annoying as fuck. You willfully misunderstand the most basic teachings of Christ for shits and giggles.

You are saved by faith through grace (not by what you do in life). past tense. At the same time you do not use Christ's saving grace as an excuse to do evil. In fact as you learn more and grow in Christ you become a more moral and just person. It is christ's teachings and spirit that improves your moral character rather than you yourself.

So you can be a shit person at the start of your life, be saved and then by the end of your life you are a better person due to Christ's work in you. Your good character is a sign that you have already been saved; however, it is not the thing that does the saving.

This confirms that good people go to hell for not worshiping Christ correctly, right?

That is a massive oversimplification, but not inaccurate. The point is that the very important distinction between trying to tally good deeds and earn God's favor, versus trying to reform your actual character. While also keeping in mind that that reform, while the OBJECT of your salvation, is not the CAUSE of it.
Again, I prefer the elaborate and precise ideas mentioned in my post, but that is not inaccurate.

>be young
>go to baptist church
>"literally" the only way to go to heaven is to accept jesus and get dunked in magic water
>what you do/your sins dont matter

then

>be older
>date catholic girl
>go to catholic church
>jews jews jews, israel, the holy land, gods chosen people

wutttt

yes.

How many times do we have to do this. It's so fucking dumb. Jesus did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it. You cannot have faith if you do not do good. Faith is in the action. What the quoted teaching means is that you are not saved by the works themselves, that there is no power in the deed itself; there is only power in God, there is only grace in God. If you follow the letter of the law without the spirit of the law, you will not be saved. If you say you believe, but do not do good, then by your deeds you will be shown to not believe. There is no salvation by works, and by the same token Sola Fide is insufficient. Can be finally be done with these threads once and for all?

Is there a specific reason why you can only be saved by faith? What's wrong with saving a good person who wasn't faithful?

bump

But why though?

How about some actual loopholes.

>1. Believe
>And that's it?
If one claims to really believe and lives in any other way than what he said, they don't or they are intentionally choosing hell.

Christian Hell is distance and/or alienation from God. The deepest parts of hell is a literary metaphor for your complete and total distance from God. Hell is akin to knowing heaven (god) exists and never, no matter what you do, will you know him. It's not literally fire and brimstone and a bad guy poking you in the balls, it's total isolation from God.

In order to "believe" in God (who is Jesus and God and the Holy Spirit) you must live with him, be close to the ideal. You do not have to believe in Jesus directly to "believe" in Jesus.

Good people are always living with god, even if they do not believe in the specific meme. This is how Christians explain places where the Jesus meme had not yet reached. The real controversy is why do Christians run around the world making sure otherwise heaven-bound natives learn so they have a choice? kek

No. It confirms that to practice empty works, or to behave like a pharisee, speaking the glory of God, but not living it, will lead you to hell. It confirms that it is not good to speak Jesus's name and not do as he commanded.

That's an equivocation of the word "faith". People are imperfect. It is understood. God is merciful. The faith the bible speaks of is a righteous and living belief. To a great extent, there is not such thing as a good person who wasn't faithful.

>Hell is akin to knowing heaven (god) exists and never, no matter what you do, will you know him. It's not literally fire and brimstone and a bad guy poking you in the balls, it's total isolation from God.

Also: Buddhists (and technically the Hindus) roughly believe the same thing. You are a part of the whole, the everything, the entire universe is "god" split apart, the closer you come to the "whole" (i.e. understanding no-thing-ness, etc.) is the goal. To Christians to become one with god, to sit next to him in heaven, means to be so close to god as to be the same being.

Being separated, alone, alienated from the whole is hell. It's hell in nearly every single religion humans have ever dreamed up.

You can't go around cherry picking bible verses to for your dilluded vision of God.
You have to accept everything and not just specific sentences to prove a fake news point.
Open the book at random and chose with your heart if you want to use it to prove a point.

You speak heresy. Jesus is the word made flesh. He is the revealed truth. The single revealed truth. Everyone should hear the word, because otherwise there is no reason to believe they have found anything good at all. Men are born imperfect. Men are born with an impious will. How then could men on their own create a reliable theology without the direct intervention of God? Sola Fide is also false, because it is insufficient. There is no such thing as belief without works. You cannot believe in God without acting on that belief, and until you act, you do not believe. God calls on us to make a choice. The choice is action, it is the work. The moment of decision is the moment of faith, and it does not exist unless something is chosen and acted upon.

I believe in christ and i try to do no harm to my fellow man.

But I have a hard time thinking about god.

Like I always think about god right before bed. I pray sometimes.

I guess I don't know how to make it a major part of my life.

I do sometimes thank God for everything when I'm feeling bad. Makes me remember to be happy about what I do have etc.

But I still feel like I believe in christ the same way I believe we orbit the sun.

Yes I believe it, and yes, I act upon that belief, but at the end of the day it is simply another belief.

How do I make it bun inside me?

No because the only good lerson is God

>and get dunked in magic water
You don't have to be baptized

Buddhists don't believe anything close to the same. What you have just described is pure anathema. You do not become one with God. You cannot be one with God. You are of God, and cannot ever be otherwise, but you are your own and individual. You cannot hold even a fraction of God. Go read Confession of St. Augustine, and maybe you'll begin to understand.

You have to be baptized.

nigger that's like a hundred verses I posted

Read the KJV Bible. Start with John

Posting a verse is meaningless. Where is your exegesis. A full analysis of what you've selected could be a theologians life work. The bible is the beginning of the road to Christ, not the end.

No
John 6:47
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Don't read KJV. Read a Catholic bible. KJV is overly concerned with the prettiness of it's language, and less concerned with how the translation might relate to the original telling.

And tell me, how do you believe in him without getting baptized?

I would recommend trying to expand your knowledge. Study the Scriptures, study theology, study philosophy, try and gain as much understanding as you can.

From there, perhaps begin some noble practices, such as giving to charity.

I wouldn't care too much about making it "burn inside you", that is a false goal. No matter what you do you're never going to be able to maintain an emotional high all the time, or even frequently, and you shouldn't make chasing after feelings of passion or zeal your primary goal.

Salvation begins in an instant, but improvement comes by rote. This is true in all things. You cannot will yourself smarter, you must study a little every day. You cannot will yourself strong, you must exercise a little every day. One day you will look back and find you became wise or strong in the middle of living.

The heathen have a saying. "Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water." I think it applies here. Greatness is gained through little things done over time, just as often as it is gained through daring spurs of the moment.

I don't think we can bro. I think we can no be assholes or total assholes at least, but I am not sure what else we can really do.

It is rough but I don't think we can make it burn inside of us, lord knows that I have tried to force it too. Even now in this post.

Well you have to believe before being baptized you retard

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

Besides it's translated fine. Douy Rheims says Sual was one year old when he became king

Stop
Being
Christian
You
Sand
Nigger
Kike
Worshipper

It is both easy, obvious, and hard to make it burn. First, how does a fire burn? With wood, with fuel. God provides the fire, the love, the mercy, the grace--you must provide the fuel, the kindling. That is the obvious and easy part. The hard part is actually doing that in daily life. That is what takes practice. It's what you won't find in any books, but comes from the copping of firewood and the carrying of water. Or rather, it comes from the way you relate to the chopping of wood, and the carrying of water, and it comes from where the wood and the water go. Importantly, don't go to the high places, the worn out spaces. Look low. Look small. God is everywhere, so in a world of profanity, look where no one else is looking.

either way all you have to do is say you believe in jesus and then you can chug busch ice on the weekends and fuck your 14 year old cousin in the ass

How can the holy spirit dwell in you without compelling you to do good? And making you hate/regret your sins?

Nobody is good. Nobody but God. So thinking you are good enough to get into heaven on your own merits gets you bitchslapped into hell.

Because that's satan's gospel. "Eat the fruit, know good and evil, and be like God."

The recognition that you are lost; the realization that Jesus died on a cross and rose from the dead to make it possible for you to live with him forever, the confessing out loud that Jesus is Lord, and the belief in your heart God raised Him from the dead (Rom. 10:9-13).

What leads to salvation is the desire to be saved. What accomplishes salvation is the consent to be saved.

Neither can you fully believe until you are baptized. Baptism is the threshold. It is not the water that changes you, but your bringing yourself to the water, you bringing yourself to be cleansed before God. It would seem that it's not necessary to be a formal ritual of baptism, but that raises the question of how one can be sure of their baptism while purposefully avoiding the readily available rituals.

Yes, God does not compel you to do anything. You can grieve the Holy Spirit and sear your own conscience to the point where nobody would be able to tell that you're saved.

The Holy Spirit will convict you of your sins, yes. It's up to you to accept the pardon available to you, or reject it.

Nice trips

BS you can commit every sin in the bible and be forgiven for it as long as you say sorry to god, satan told me to never be sorry.

Ask the Lord to restore in you the joy of your salvation.

In your heart, which is the Hebrew way of saying in your mind, in your guts, in your soul, in your very being.

There is an old church, with an old pastor, somewhere in the north of England.

Every Sunday for the past 43 years he has been teaching John 3:16: For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

The pastor was asked when he was going to preach on something else. He said "When they understand John 3:16, I'll teach them something else."

If you're a Catholic, you should worry very much.

Yes, OP. We've stumbled upon the difference between genuine remorse and virtue signaling. This is why leftists are such abominable pieces of shit.

The people whom claim Odin drank semen were jewish. ALL OF THEM.

Fuck off, retard.

D-R is heresy, outright.

*chug*chug*chug*

Not all of them.

Again you're being a retarded faggot. The gutly literally says that to be baptized you have to believe with all your heart

Become Catholic
Or try being schismatic and be Orthodox
Go to Mass
Receive God
Get your sins forgiven by a priest acting in the place of Christ (NB4 prot screeching this is biblical John 20:23)

Faith without works is dead-St Paul

>no true scotsman

>John 20:23)
That was to the 12 apostles you faggot

Water baptism is an outward demonstration of an inner transformation that has already happened. It is not a magic bath; the thief on the cross next to Jesus was saved, and never baptized.

The baptism that counts is the baptism of the Holy Spirit, where He enters into you, resurrects you to eternal life, and begins the transformation process into a new creation in Christ Jesus.

That will end a man in hellfire.

James said that, and Paul and James did not see eye to eye.

As Paul was the greatest apostle, and James merely the half-brother of Jesus who never believed until after the resurrection, there is literally no reason to take James' word over Paul's, when Paul is clear, concise, and received his revelation directly from Jesus.

James was turning people into Jews. Not Christians.

He let go of being God and became a poor human being, and suffered more than humanity has suffered, collectively.

Have some respect.

>If you are a Catholic, you should worry very much

Great argument there bud. I guess Ill just abandon apostolic succession and the teachings of the church fathers now and interpret the bible for myself.

Who appointed successors, who gave that authority to their successors and o the presbyters. You people are thick, are you not?

So you really know nothing about your bibles then, or about translation. Douay-Rheims was meant as the most literally accurate bible, so that English readers could get the best sense of what the actual Latin says, if it were copied into English word for word. You realize the KJV comes from the same Latin, right? Which means all the differences you find between the KJV and Douay-Rheims are differences that the translators of the KJV imposed on the text as a matter of interpretation. Once you begin to realize the incredibly vast landscape left open to interpretation, you might begin to understand why the Catholic Church is so firm on the issue of tradition and Papal succession. If you really want the best preservation of the original teachings, you need to have the closest interpretation of the original stories. The KJV is a work of vanity. It was written to be beautiful, which is not the purpose of a bible.

So could he save me

That would be best

also
>Apostalistic sussesion
You don't even believe what they taught you faggot
Faith alone.
Acts 16
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
No baby sprinkling.
Acts 8
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.
No worshipping man.
Acts 10
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.
Jesus went to hell for 3 days.
Acts 2
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

That road will lead you to salvation.

But he was baptized. He was baptized by Jesus then and there. But if the ritual is unnecessary, why was Jesus baptized by John? Certainly Jesus already believed in himself, no? Then there is clearly a purpose to the rite, which lies in the material nature of our existence.

Nobody. Jesus hand-picked all of the apostles.

J...John C. Wright?

The thief on the cross had no water baptism. He was nailed to a cross. Jesus was nailed to a cross.

If you think a bath gets a person into heaven, you're sadly mistaken.

Well the c*Tholic preists don't even have the HG. And the apostles were given special powers like healing the suck by touching them and some more. I don't see c*Tholic (((priests))) doing that

>why was Jesus baptized by John?

Why not read the bible about it, as it directly answers your question?

>???
>Be a prot
>MUH SOLA SCRIPTORA
>Ignore scripture that doesn't work with Luther and Calvin's (or whatever you wake up feeling like that day theology)
>splinter into a million different sects
>nojesuswasfinewithhomosexuality.jpeg
>Destroy Christendom

>what the actual Latin says,
The Bible wasn't originally written in latin you retard

You can't commit every sin, and *just* be forgiven for it. For one thing, there is no such list of sins which you can cross off. Second, how does one do so much evil, and suddenly have the heart to be forgiven? Is it theologically possible? So it would seem. Is it practically possible? It beggars the imagination.

Would someone who's sincerely saved be content with sloth, parasitism, and selfish living? I've seen Catholics and Protestants alike who crack me up with their lawyering. They play stupid and then demonstrate magnificent comprehension abilities when it comes to weaseling out of God's calling. Tell a Catholic that they'll undoubtedly go to hell if they divorce and their spouse remarries, and they'll just keep the marriage going, sleep around behind the other person's back, and then tell father Dingus about it at confession. God doesn't want that, and you're lying to yourself by insisting those are sincere apologies. You don't apologize for something and then go right back to doing it. He wants you to love your wife and work things out with her for the sake of your children. Protestants can be even worse.

1 billion catholics, none go to haven.

100 baptists, 100 go to heaven.

Keep dreaming that heaven is for the majority of the people.

How can you judge their hearts? How can you know if they are saved?