Fluoride

Why do Americans put it in their water?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/2017/09/19/health/fluoride-iq-neurotoxin-study/index.html
huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html
nationalpost.com/health/researchers-urge-caution-over-study-linking-fluoride-exposure-in-pregnancy-to-lower-iqs-in-children
ctvnews.ca/health/higher-levels-of-fluoride-in-urine-linked-to-lower-iq-scores-in-children-1.3595337
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's too expensive to follow all the environmental regs to get rid of it otherwise.

We do it so we don't have ugly European teeth every European tells me my teeth are perfect

That's because we have private dentistry, not poison in the water.

Dumb down the population... Not that it can be dumbed down even more.

What's the next level. Downs?

/thread

Industry produces a lot of it as a waste product.

We just dump our trash and sewage in the water in Canada

I remember going to the beach and I thought algae was seaweed and I'd throw it at my sister, I didn't know it's from pollution or whatever

We have a lot of retarded commies.

They think Dr. Strangelove was meant to be a joke. They can't even get Kubrick was redpilled.

Of mice and Downs.

>Lenny 2.0 when?

They goal is to get peoples' teeth to take up the fluoride and form fluorapatite crystals within the tooth structure. Fluorapatite is difficult for acidic bacterial wastes to dissolve and thus is helpful in preventing caries. As to the idea that it's put in water to make people stupid, I'm not qualified to answer that.

Theres so much going on in this short clip

It doesn't, we have it here in Canada
In Calgary and Vancouver it's illegal to put fluoride in the water and look how stupid they are
Calgary has a Muslim mayor and Vancouver turned Chinese

>the utter state of iowa

Euros put their fluoride in table salt, and they put the iodine in their water.

Is it true that it turns frogs gay?

>helpful in preventing caries
Oh really?

Holy kek
Glad im not Iowan

no, that's atrazine. unironically so, in fact.

>Why do Americans
It's not in our water. We voted to get rid of it.

Kek

where? midwestfag and we're fluoridated out the ass.

>your average Iowan.

Alaska

fuck, that's what that is? my front teeth are the "mild" in that picture. am I retarded now?

Brush your teeth, my teeth are normal and we have fluoride here

It makes sense in toothpaste but not in water.

Fucking leaf = not american you dumb shit.

raw sewage waste or treated sewage waste?

DOCILE NIGGER CATTLE

The article says the pipes in Montreal flow directly to the river

holy fucking shit i went to high school with the first kid in that gif lmao

Someone provide me with proof fluoride is in the water and i'll buy a Alex Jones filter tonight

I'm an Environmental Biologist and I can tell you fluoride is in water almost everywhere to some degree. It's one of the most common elements in the Earths crust (I think like, 13th most common). Sometimes it is ADDED during the treatment plant in order to combat a 'musty' taste that occurs sometimes if their are too many sulfides present or other minerals.

In general Fluoride is pretty harmless in normal amounts, at least thats been the standard knowledge for awhile, I don't know if their are new studies coming out.. Yes, you can have TOO much of it, but its also relatively easy (and cheap) to have your water tested. I'm about to take a shower but I'm happy to come back and answer questions.

This is a stupid comment. See my other post. It's present, but probably in PPM concentrations (parts per million).
This is more often wrong than it is right. What I mean by that is the amount of Fluoride in water in most places are within the parameters set by the Clean Water Act, however sometimes the amount of Fluoride is too low and they add it during the treatment process. This is true in Philadelphia, for example.
If you could source that information, I'd be glad to believe you. I've yet to find a peer-reviewed study relating Fluoride consumption to IQ
No shit, didn't know that, I'm actually moving to Alaska next month

The theory is not that fluroide makes you dumber, but that it calcifies the pineal gland which restricts your consciousness. Get your conspiracy theories in order, please.

topkek, now I understand where all the butthurt comes from

I don't. I have well water and an RO filter for drinking water. I would never drink water water prepared by (((((((them))))))).

He said Americans, not North Americans you stupid fucking leaf.

t.

I thought it was just a meme

you realize the guy who operates your local treatment plant is someone who lives in your community? Its a township job. I almost took the job at my local plant. It isn't ((THEM)) its a local.

You mean the numb nuts union worker dumping (((((((their))))))) chemicals in the water.

Only urban and suburban retards drink fluoridated water. All the rural people drink well water.

That's fluorosis, not dental caries. At least understand what you're looking at.

They're all drunk. They aren't drinking water.

>mediterranean changed to Greek
>this shitty attempt to make greeks look "different" than Turks

Oh yeah I forgot, they're worse, seeing as how they lost a war against the Turks even though they had British, French, and Italian support in the Turko-Greco war of 1919-1921 and had much more of basically everything except swords yet they lost the war and lost twice as many men.

I don't advocate for fluoride in public water supplies. I was just telling OP why some Americans put fluoride in their water. Some places have high natural levels of fluoride in their water which is how people get fluorosis, not through public water supplies. I think the trend is moving back towards letting people control their own fluoride intake rather than mandating it through water supply, which may or may not have unintended health consequences.

Because it is good for teeth... Obviously...

Fucking tinfoil hat retards, is that way

No way that's real. That's movie material right there.

Why the hell would there be a Mediterranean guy if there already are Portuguese, Roman and Sp*niard there?

Daily reminder: a five stage triple osmosis filter, which removes 90% of fluoride and most other heavy particles, from your tap water. I use this and drink so much water that I've already almost paid for the $99 filter

I see it's been too much fluoride for you, roo fucker.

>Only urban and suburban retards drink fluoridated water. All the rural people drink well water.

>10% flouride remains
>drink 900% more water

Good job.

Makes people docile as it calcifies the Pineal gland.
Get whole-house water filters and/or a reverse osmosis for drinking water and you can remove it.
Plus your water is tastier.

What does it mean if I have a bleachy type smell in the water when it first comes out of the tap?

Your city is putting Chlorine in their water. It keeps the pipes sanitized.

Great

>Pineal gland
my fuckin boi. consult your pineal gland for more information

Get a cheap PPM meter off Amazon and test your tap water if you really want to be grossed out.

It's not. Algae is a generic name for a huge range of microbial plant life that grows in big clumps.

DONT MAKE FUN OF MENTALLY CHALLENGED. THEY'RE MENTALLY CHALLENGED AMERICANS.

For the most part flouride only matters for kids but especially babies. Babies should have no flouride whatsoever except for the natural ~.05 in natural springs etc. Pic is from the CDC. Adults apparently can take more, but its still not a good idea especially when it can be absorbed into gums from toothpaste etc. Just buy a water cooler with reverse osmosis water if your water is fluoridated.

cnn.com/2017/09/19/health/fluoride-iq-neurotoxin-study/index.html

huffingtonpost.com/dr-mercola/fluoride_b_2479833.html

nationalpost.com/health/researchers-urge-caution-over-study-linking-fluoride-exposure-in-pregnancy-to-lower-iqs-in-children

ctvnews.ca/health/higher-levels-of-fluoride-in-urine-linked-to-lower-iq-scores-in-children-1.3595337

which is it.. SHILLS

I think this is the answer *unsmiley

Fluoride was originally added because back when the US was refining uranium they got it as a byproduct and in order to avoid dealing with disposing of it properly they used the population as human filters.
These days because of how effective a dude in a lab coat saying fluoride is good for your teeth is the population continues to believe its fine and aluminum companies sell it to the US government who then adds it to the water supply.
Now why the government does not put its foot down and say there is no reason for us to buy this from corporations and add it these days is up to you to decide.

Back in middle school my dentist got my mother to agree to whiten my teeth since all my adult teeth were in. He said I needed them speckled first and showed me pics of fluorosis and prescribed me a highly fluorided toothpaste. Thank God my laziness as a child outdid my possible pride in having white teeth.

I can only find 1.1% for anti cavity use but the one prescribed was 2-3% Sodium fluoride.

I'm sure your teeth are the nicest your BF has ever cum across.

>why doesn't government protect us?
It has the wrong incentive structure to do so.
Public choice theory explains the problem. Hoppe explains the solution.

Really? Anchoragefag here. I can't stand local publications so I don't read/watch them.

Fuck off nigger, we're full.

What's interesting to me is that the Catalan flag has outed a significant portion of the Spanish peninsula as leaf-tier shitposters

Same reason euroshits put it in their salt

This again? Yawn