Mental Illness

Hey Sup Forums I'm curious about something. Do you guys acknowledge mental Illnesses as a real thing? I have depression and anxiety do you guys buy it or do you think that I'm just a pussy sad bitch being cucked by the pill jew or whatever. Just curious, love ya either way.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EFhkdzj-x80
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They are real.
Pills "might" help you and sometimes they are needed.
I suggest you seek help from a shrink to find ways to fight your depression and anxiety.
Godspeed user.

Thanks icelandbro, Ive seen a few shrinks and they've all been shit, one literally complained about trump and told me to take acid

As someone that has had major depression, one of the biggest things that I did that helped was change my habits. Exercise, eat enough and well, GET ENOUGH SLEEP, have a normal circadian rhythm, go outside every day, try to be around other people every day, or if you need solitude than give yourself the solitude you need. These accompanied by planning for the future and giving yourself goals will help tremendously.

Depression and anxiety are generally not something that need to be medicated - they are your body crying out for a change of environment.

I have depression and anxiety and I am a pussy bitch who needs to change his life/lifestyle. It's not how I was born, but it is how I was conditioned. Medication is not the answer. If you are killing stray cats, you might want to seek professional help.

Persistent depression/anxiety/OCD can be a sign of low neurotransmitter states.

There are many ways to approach this including, diet, exercise, and supplementation of vitamins and the right amino acids.

But ADs are a valid choice as well. I use effexor with great success. I initially had sexual side effects - but these were shortly alleviated. I no longer suffer from intrusive thoughts as frequently as I used to.

Yeah I take zoloft and my dick stays hard for hours before I cum which my fuckbuddy loves

I tried everything else including meditating for 2 hours a day and still felt anxious, meds are the only thing that work for me.

Therapy is a scam. The only way to overcome mental illness is through introspection, therapists are a crutch for extroverts who can't think by themselves.

yeah I was pretty embarrassed telling my therapist certain things and probably kept alot from him.

How long did you try stated habits for OP?

about 6 months for meditaiton, eating well, working out, and sleeping right and a year for yoga. They helped but I was still basically non functional.

Yeah but the first steps are the hardest and they can help. OP look into cognitive behavioral treatment.

I already like one type of cbt hue yeah I'll check it out though I've heard its very helpful

What about goals? What did you wake up with the first thing on your mind?

Just recover already.

Hmm well I want to work in machine learning and I'm pretty passionate about it but I still need some prerequisite knowledge before I can really get into it, Stats and linear algerbar and such

ok fine

These guys have it right. Taking drugs won't fix you. Get off your ass and change your habits. And stop filling your body with garbage.

Why don't you educate yourself then? The internet difinetly has tht info available for free to learn. Wrk towards your goals with good habits and you'll succeed. Here is a video that has helped me plenty.

youtube.com/watch?v=EFhkdzj-x80

Mental illnesses are real, but you should really be looking at the causes of some of them. You might find that they're being spread on purpose through a variety of ways. Also some mental illnesses are over diagnosed and some are in fact just made up.

So did you try acid?

I'm on an anti-depressant. It helps.

Depression is real,... it comes through childhood trauma of various sorts.

It is very helpful to speak with a psychologist -- but the drugs can be useful too. Hopefully not forever, but until you get life back into a good place.

It's actually harder in this day and age. I'm not surprised by the degree of mental illness and drug abuse. It's just an alienating time, there's a lot of rage and division out there.

consider microdosing magic mushrooms. Jewtube it.

CBT was great for me-- so simple, but sort of a revelation at the same time.

Sometimes you have personality tics that are just so ingrained you can't really see them. You need somebody else to point it out to you and kind of break it down -- the issue and the reasons.

I had self-destructive behaviour that was corrected in about 6 or 8 1-hour sessions. I just wasn't aware of my own distorted thought patterns

>Do you guys acknowledge mental Illnesses as a real thing?
yes, they defunded the mental institutions that's the actual reason why neoliberals exist. not even joking.

>I'm just a pussy

yep it was rad

Taking acid is not a bad idea. Mescaline is good too. Mushrooms can be iffy though. I would highly recommend Paleo diet. I've been down your road. There is no rationalization out of it. It is more chemical than people are willing to admit.

It's a thing, but you can't wallow in it and be a pussy. I did, for a long time. It doesn't feel good and it never gets better until you change something major in your life. It will help. If you usually sleep in until 9 every day, instead start getting up and 7am. Start exercising every day. Go to work every day. For me it's as easy now as getting out of bed (though to be honest that isn't always easy, but I no longer relate it to depression, per se). Once I'm in the shower I'm fine and basically ready for the day. Tired as hell, but there is no turning back and that feels good. It's that 5 minutes of laying in bed trying to think of an excuse that isn't pathetic and that you haven't used recently that is the worst. But once I remember how bad I felt last time I skipped work, sitting on the couch that day at 1:30 asking myself what my problem is, why I can't do what almost everyone else does every day, I realized that getting on with it is better. Make money, interact with people, get on with your life. Nobody else is going to do it for you so you have to suck it up and just put in the effort. It isn't easy, but neither is any life, in general. That's why it's so special and rare and short-lived. Be thankful for what you do have, and strive for more. Set goals and reach them. Keep moving the milestone farther so you have something to reach for. There are so many things to experience in the world and so little time to experience them. Reach for the stars and don't be held back by a temporary bout of weakness. You can do it.

Agree. List some heavy stuff in the morning before you eat. Feels good to walk out the house pumped to start your day.

Not a thing.
>I have depression
You have low test and a very comfortable life.
>I have anxiety
You're being a fucking pussy.

Break free from this bullshit modern culture where mental illness is something to be proud of, instead of something we should lock you up for and deal with. That shit is for girls on tumblr and Chads in fictional stories(watched/read by girls on tumblr).

Fucking everyone now "wants" to kill themselves and feels "empty". What does this mean? That these are normal emotions that affect many people at times, and aren't access to some elite club

Be a man, bro.

In an insane world only the insane will be declared sane - at least that is what I tell myself.

Microdosing is missing the point

It is real. SSRIs are suicide pills though.

statistics show that if you're on Sup Forums for more than 15 minutes a day you increase your chance of becoming mentally Ill by over 9000%
also you'll get ED