Convince me to stop being atheist

Convince me to stop being atheist.

I only listen to reason and logic so if you're going to come to me with any fallacious bullshit and fedora memes I will have to conclude that you are my intellectual inferior because you have no real basis for your belief in God(s).

its jewry.

From where do you draw your morality?

Atheism is for faggots and dumb children. How can you be so sure there is no God? How can you be so arrogant that you think you can somehow know what the fuck is going on? The universe is a closed system and it is physically impossible to know anything about anything outside of it. It's fine if you don't have faith, but agnosticism is as far as you should go. Pretending to know there is no God is something to at dumb children do. Honestly, most atheists actually believe in God and they're mad at him because life isn't fair so they work themselves into this delusion where they just know he doesn't exist. Grow up faggot.

>so if you're going to come to me
But you came to US with this shit cringe post.
kys faggot and get it over with.

>you are my intellectual inferior

You are a faggot if you think you know. Or you are agnostic. Likely a faggot in both cases.

>people can not be made from dirt
no shit shelock, thats why we believe in God, you fucking dipshit.

Morality is literally a set of rules for brainlet scum. Let me guess, you believe in concepts like "good" and "evil" too?

The truth is I don't draw morality from anywhere. It's like asking me where I go to suck dick. We don't all suck dick like you, so the question isn't applicable.

Atheism is a lack of belief in God you idiot.

Only the sith deal in absolutes you piece of shit.

>tfw poe's law is giving you a hernia

pls be fake...

Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist. In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

Agnosticism is the view that the existence of God, of the divine or the supernatural is unknown or unknowable.

This reply is pathetic. Op is a low frequency stooge.
Hes prolly like 17, wearing an alice in chains shirt.

ad hominem

I am an atheist, but I live more accordingly to Christian belief.

Thou shall not kill, steal, whatever.

I find that Christian rules agree with logical thinking more than any other religion, but if you tell me a woman was made from a man’s rib and talked to a snake then I think you are a retard. Same as the Noah’s Ark story and so on.
But Biblical stories have a moral to teach, and other religions just teach dogma.

Stop being atheist because you can’t have something from non-something.

You’re living a life of stupor.

That picture and its caption are precisely the type of people that have made christcuck contrarians surge all over the internet and real life. Ignoble, self-aggrandizing fuckwits with a rebellion/authority complex apt for a teen that's not getting enough attention from his family. None of you imbeciles know enough about science, theology, philosophy or world history to understand the origins and significance of religion, but much more importantly than that every human being alive is like a termite unaware of the cosmos beyond and around them when it comes to sense perception and the limits of what you can know. You are just one man, you are essentially a nothing, floating in the vast emptiness of space, and atheists believe they've cracked the secret codes of the universe. Invidious nihilists the lot of you.

Are you literally retarded or trolling.

Morality is objective to claim otherwise is to expose yourself as a weak willed selfish person. Not a man by any means

The only atheists I absolutely despise are gnostic atheists because they usually throw around "Occam's razor, end of argument" or "yeah but science, checkmate" like they actually know anything about science just from reading Dawkin's book and perhaps "how to incorrectly disprove what Thomas Aquinas, Descartes and Kant said and ignore the rest"

Ok, after some christcucks have poluted the thread, it seems I have to clean up.

First of all. When you ask yourself weather God is real, if have to define the term God, witch atheists fail to do.

Furter you have to define the term real.

Is Anger real?
Is Lust real?
Those are emotions witch make you do things. They exist obviously, but go ahead and show me anger! If you form your face to look angry, you are showing me your angry face.

The same way you also feel Gods and maybe you are lucky and one of the guys guides you.

Gods are higher spiritform beings.

>inb4 its just molecules that are emotions

I dont know honestly if its "just" hormones. That is not even an argument if you think about it.

Kys for that pic

Take a large quantity of mushrooms. I was a staunch atheist from age 11 to 22 and drank alcohol on rare occasions before trying mushrooms. I've only ever done this once. There's something out there. I'm not entirely sure what it is, but it's as real as the world I see around me right now.

He is most likely a child, but no need to hate on AIC.

Agnostic is the only non-retarded position.

Deist here.
Nobody can "convince you" to believe in a creator - that's why it's called faith - faith is the belief in something that cannot be proven.

I would add to that, that atheism is also a form of faith, as the absence of a creator also cannot be proven. If you claim to base your position on evidence, then the only logical position is agnosticism, which recognizes the fact that no evidence exists which can either prove or disprove a creator. However this requires the abandonment of pride, in the recognition of the fact that you don't know, one way or another.

If you're really interested in questioning your beliefs, I would discourage you from looking towards theology, and instead encourage you to study the natural sciences. Particularly biology, chemistry, physics, and astronomy. Don't just listen to 'science communicators' or read articles on IFLS - download some textbooks, and really dig deeply into a subject.

Studying science in college is what moved me from atheism to deism, purely because of how ridiculously amazing the natural world is.

But see, not all christians believe snakes can talk or other stuff like that. To be a christian, you don't have to be a fundamentalist

Butterfly effect style, all events have a cause. God is the effect without cause. He exists without being created. God is whatever you call the energy that caused the effect that is the perceived universe. Whether he is a personal god, as most believe, who created us specifically, or an impersonal god, who has no relationship with us as individuals, he or it still exists.... I dont believe in it at all, but If you actually believe the big bang was caused by absolutely nothing, then im not sure what to tell you bruh.

This is possible without shrooms, retard.

Darwinism dictates that human society needs religion to function. Religion is a human universal because all small societies that existed without it failed.

it is a construct for social unity. only the dumbass fucks focus on heaven or the god itself.

thats an extremely compact version, desu ive been over this 2 different threads that eventually went there because its the literal sole thing lacking right now in the western womans life.

its also the preventative measure from becoming a roastie on the cock carousel and then having kids with whoever will spraypaint their chasm one final time. have bobs kids, bob leaves. she now votes liberal for the rest of her natural life relying on the state to live.

You see the connection, im sure. Christanity if you are like me, whether you believe it or not isn't the issue, fundamentally it is about the good of your caucasoid race to parlay and accept it. the benefits of endoctrinating your children to good morality teachings far outstrings the negatives of not and letting society do so in its current format.

Your choice, but at this point if you arent embracing christianity in my opinion. and its not about being forced into it to oppose islam. islam has nothing to do with it. they are inferior sand niggers of inconsequence. we can crush them at any time here in the USA.

>he doesnt understand the concept of time
Dude, there literally was no beginning.
This whole thesis is based on a false assumption.

Precisely. From an engineering standpoint, religion might not be easily explained, it could very well be a black box but it works. And you don't go fixing what isn't broken.

stop talking about metaphysical shit you fucking nigger

>you dont go fixing what isnt broken
Thats why you break it first

> post about God
> talk to God
> deny or accept God

Because Pascal's Wager you basic bitch cunt fag idiot fuck

It's not. I was able to see geometries so complex and quick to change that I don't believe the human mind could possibly produce them.

I'm glad you stay away from drugs though. They tend to be degenerate.

>christians can't be good without some guy in the sky telling them to be
lol, every time

How about I convince you to stop shilling it?

Let these plebs believe in their bullshit.

t. Other Athiest

Atheist? Pussy.

I'm an anti-theist. It's not enough to disbelieve in religious bullshit, you must actively oppose the cultists too.

>religion as a black box
I like it. Very succinct.

>the concept of time is one thing

To your other post, no we're not just hormones/chemicals. There's no way to logically explain how that would work without saying consciousness is an illusion, which would translate to nihilist faggotry

>has no observable proof of the Big Bang
>has no proof for Darwinian evolution
>still spouts and regurgitates what others tell you to believe

Fedora.jpg

...just. dont.

this thread op didnt phrase his question properly. from what i gather he wants some distinguishing feature of incomprehensible acasual situation that would be a god. its just such a retarded question to ask, my initial thought is im saging this post.

just kys, you are part of the problem.
or wait till you are 25 before asking this fucking question again youll have your answer.

>atheists acn't be good without living in a culture that imposed morals on him that were derived from the people believing in some guy in the sky

yes. whats the problem? this is obvious,

we exist in the ruffle of the quantum cover that is reality. it juuusttt so happens that that quantum subspace of that ruffle of our reality is arranged in a way that allows for the physical laws that created the elements needed in which we would arise from.

We are the hive mind borg of the cells that constitute us, that are made up of organelles, that are made up of atoms etc.....to the 10^000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

And that cover was gods?

It just so happens both dont go against one another.im sorry you are a retard.

athiest are sociopaths who wont go all in. just stop trying to label yourself as something acceptable. you're a lying lizard who wants what it wants...we all get it and have that part of us. you just want to justify it.

niggers without empathy arent even as bad as you are. youre trying to slip psuedo crap label onto your assertions as scientific on metaphysics we assume a god operates on, we currently cant comphrend anyways. niggers just try to talk fast and repeat the same shit when they are pushed when justifying something that challenges them intellectually.

>It just so happens both dont go against one another.im sorry you are a retard.
Materialism is what I was arguing against, faggot.
Fuck off the religious and philosophical threads until you have more practice with English and improved your reading comprehension.

Putting "quantum" before words doesn't do anything, by the way. It's just reductionist theory. It doesn't matter how many tiny parts you break material reality down to. The point is you either have to concede that there is some form of immaterial side (divinity) or you believe the immaterial aspects of our existence (consciousness) don't actually exist and are an illusion... which was my point, that this option isn't logical, and would lead to nihilist retardation.

>The point is you either have to concede that there is some form of immaterial side (divinity) or you believe the immaterial aspects of our existence (consciousness) don't actually exist and are an illusion...
Bullshit. You make this up. Prove that there is either the first one or the second one exclusively

I havent seen gemoetry. But blinking in eyes, female faces and some other stuff(not cartoonish but very detailed)

I have also exipirienced "energy surges".
Just by meditating.

Name a different option.

The wizard battles were real though.

read catholic catechism, you'll find no flaw in it

Pic related

Ridiculous question. Evolution explains morality. The tl;dr version is if its good for the pack it increases your odds of survival.
Atheism =/= knowing. There is agnostic atheism and gnostic atheism. You can not know and be an atheist. Agnosticism but itself isnt a valid stance, it must be combined with atheism or theism.

That is because you grew up in a christian nation. You are still brainwashed. Yes, it sucks, i know.

Literally pleb level logic. Same principle would apply to any god you could come up with - ad infinitum.

Using words like 'objective' shows a lack of understanding. Read some books.

Someone who knows something. Good.

Too basic.

Your terms are mixed up.

Your terms are mixed up too.
Also top kek moving to deism based off learning more about the world. Your amazement isnt proof of shit.

How convenient. Logic doesnt apply to you but it does for others. Lel.

Deaftist attitude. It is also broken.

Yep.

No proof for your assertion. Wishful thinking.

step 1) Don't define god, just contemplate the concept of god.

step 2) contemplate existence and the universe and eventually you will arrive at the insight that no random permutation of dead matter can produce something like your brain.

step 3) you can call "it" whatever you want, i personally like the term "supreme force".

(if you want prove of that force you can download the i ching app on your phone and start asking questions. you wont be convinced instantly but that thing will give you answers if you are humble enough to accept it's words)

just typing on my phone, minimalistic answer.

You are unaware of the depth of faith within your personal beliefs.
You must first acknowledge the assumptions within your foundational beliefs.

>No proof for your assertion
It's philosophy, genius. What substantiates it is reasoning.
Take your "evolution explains morality" claim as an example. It has no logical end, because what you're claiming is actually that morality is a product of evolution... for which the exact same can be said for religion, but which also means your definition of morality is completely arbitrary.
From whose perspective are you judging whether increasing "the pack's" odds of survival is a good thing?

Intro level stuff, desu

soooo stupid its amazing.

We are the borg hive mind, just a quantum rumple in the cover that is reality, causing the quantum subspace to arrange itself in juussst the right way to create physical laws that gave rise to the conditions we needed to arise.

Just a hive mind of a borg collective of cells, composed of organelles, composed of atoms, composed of ... 10 ^ 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

homosapiens are in my personal view Just a flesh suit right that is very smart,

Yes, that is why niggers are niggers. That is why you are the way you are. When did you sit down and decide you're going to spend every waking moment of your life on a Mongolian basket weaving forum? Your genes and environment decided that for you. Rad Denial Dennett's book Consciousness Explained. It really gets into the meat and potatoes of this topic. You were a fleshsuit before you figures out you were a fleshsuit. Enjoy the ride.

Also im sure 100% you are either a nigger, or underdeveloped. this will be around the 5th time my posted contextually answer your question sage btw.

> post by oldfag
> post loses

Again, fuck off until you learn English and have a bit of reading comprehension.
>You were a fleshsuit before you figures out you were a fleshsuit.
>You
"You" keep saying "you"
>You you you
That "you" is the immaterial that's being referred to with "consciousness", retard.

You are childish, completely missing my posts point, shill much?

You're a brainlet who wasn't actually making a point and just wanted an excuse to babble off a bunch of words like "quantum" and "organelle" because you thought they'd make you look smart.

Existential nihilist here
I live my life in the now & by my own standards
I don't fear death nor care if there's A afterlife or A god.Our life on this planet is short & the universe
Will not A miss us & we will be forgotten as if we never existed at all as the probable countless other life forms before as the probable alien life
that will exist after us.

>Existential nihilist

>I don't fear death nor care if there's A afterlife or A god.
Can you give me your opinion on a third possibility?
That there is no "afterlife", just "morelife". And one individual life on this planet might be short but it ending isn't an escape for you, since there's plenty of other life out there?

Do you not care about that, either?
Do you fear pain and suffering?

>Convince me to stop being atheist.

Meditate on the beautiful clergy God has sent to assist you if finding his glory.

>Too basic

What did you mean by that?

I was an atheist myself.
One day I was given an explanation on how to meditate. I did.
That very same day I experienced a vision during meditation.
On that night of the same day, I experienced union with God, no religion, no nothing.

>no observable proof for the Big Bang

It is observable that the planets / galaxies drift away from one another and the logical conclusion is that they are expanding from some central point.

You will suffer in Hell if you don't see the light, stop being a myopic moron and accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior. Yeah, I know you won't even consider what I said, but if you disbelieve in God, he hides from you. You have to have faith, and THEN answers will come. For your sake, I sure hope you do the right thing.

Like I said:

>has no observable proof of the Big Bang
>has no proof for Darwinian evolution
>still spouts and regurgitates what others tell you to believe

You seem very sure of a belief that has been destroyed by archaeology and science a million times.

What is this explanation on meditation?

>Points a gun to your head
Convinced enough?

Sit down.
Close eyes.
Ignore your thoughts
Breathe deeply and softly.
Concentrate on feeling the ambiance arround you as if you were trying to feel the energy of your surroundings.

For those who believe, no proof is needed; for those who don't believe, no proof is possible.

Far be it from any of us to press our views upon you. Personally (as someone who was raised Christian) I find plenty of faults within my religion. If anything you should just listen to your heart, that little voice in side you. A quote I can recall goes "There are no Gods, only Mortals. Circles within Circles." The quote itself doesn't actually decry the existence of a God or Gods. It is actually saying that those we consider Gods are just Mortals who have advanced beyond our realm. Even our gods have gods they answer to, and so on and so forth in an unending chain.

On a less serious note, you can always follow the Helix Fossil.

Interesting, ill give it a try

>the logical conclusion is that they are expanding from some central point.
>the universe is infinite but somehow have a central point of origin that expands outwards in a spherical fashion based on a assumption

i bet he'd actually love being a slave to government though

Religion provides culture and gives people a community of people to align with. Personally I was happier when I was religious just because I was apart of a community.

An important part I was told about is to not necessarily focus on the "concentration" itself but specifically on redirecting your thoughts back to the ambiance each time you get distracted.

Think how those people who watch TV nonstop end up going into that braindead trance where they don't notice what's happening around them. It's because they trained their minds into that habit. This is the same, except instead of consuming meaningless drivel, the habit you're training your mind for is shunning earthly distractions so you can be more receptive to what's above them.

Nope I don't care even if I'm wrong & I die I rather go to your Religions hell because I rather burn internally For the way choosed to live my life
because that's the life wanted to live & not regret
it.Then ask forgiveness on my knees full of regrets sucking some gods dick scared of his judgment.

>I only listen to reason and logic

So you can only be atheist or pantheist if spirituality is important to you.
Agnostic is a stupid position because all human deities are obviously nonsense to anyone with a decent science education.

Just go outside, take a walk in a forest, stop somewhere quiet and just look, listen, feel everything that's happening around you, look at the stars if it's the evening. Just open your mind, think of the size of the universe, the distant past and distant future, the fact that you are here, your consciousness, that tree in front of you, that small insect on the ground, all those people living in the houses around this forest, etc. and try to distance yourself for an instant from your strictly material view of the world, just by curiosity. Maybe you'll feel a presence, something more being there, everywhere, beyond what your senses are perceiving.

Maybe you'll feel nothing, maybe your "it's just atoms, things without purpose, everything will die" way of thinking will take over but you never know without trying. Some people need drugs for that kind of thing but I've never tried it and it doesn't seem necessary if you're able to take a step back from everything and open your mind.

How about no? I know God exists, I talked to Him as a baby, and most people are made to forget for reasons I don't care to explain or even fully understand. Life here is a test, though.

It wasn't about a religion's hell or burning internally.
My question was important; do you fear pain? "You" right now, in this body, living this life, are you afraid of suffering? If someone tries to torture you right now, will you want to get away?

That's what my proposal is: That there is no getting away.
You chuck yourself off a bridge and die. That life's over, now you get to live through the next. And the next, and the next, and the next. Each and every single life.

For this, if you say you don't care about those lives suffering, then you have to be able to say you don't care about yourself suffering, since they're one and the same.

Oh, so you're going to make up bullshit to cover a lie?

Pic related is you.

Go back to 2013 you retarded fuck. Get ouf from under your stone and Richard Dawkins debates and atheist facebook pages.

These arguments are actually fucking retarded and not representative of atheism nor theism, at all, nor the positives or negatives.

It's absolutely devoid of anything sensible and please for the love of the world get up to date or fucking end your existence already nihilistic dicklicker

What terms are mixed up?

I never said my amazement was proof of anything - in fact, I explicitly stated that a prerequisite of any form of faith is a lack of evidence; your reading comprehension is bad.

lmao none of you can refute OP's point and provide actual evidence of God's existence so you play into what exactly what OP said you guys would do. How embarrassing, Christcucks.

Reminder that "Faith" is an excuse for absence.

Prove macro evolution with observable evidence.

>God exists therefore whip out your bibles motherfuckers

Prove macro evolution is observable.