Not sure if this is on topic

Not sure if this is on topic.

Anyone prepare themselves for a general disastrous situation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9r7RXWSsEQ4
youtube.com/watch?v=T_RVhHPOLqk
youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg
youtube.com/watch?v=PjCA3zEbN-A
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8sAcrqaO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No, that's crazy. I pay my taxes. The government will take care of things if anything goes wrong.

I have an ever growing and expansive collection of BIC lighters to sell after the economic apocalypse

been working on it for a year our so.

Also learn how to refill lighters

you definitely chose the correct place to ask this question. conspiracy theorists abound around here

I do but I certainly don't over do it

It is easiest to collect these items without raising suspicion by simply covering it with an interest in history and collecting uniforms

You don't want to let everyone know that you are prepared for the worse or you will have to deal with far more people who never even bothered to prepare

nice I was just about to look for this one.

OPSEC. Just don't tell people you're doing it.

>Choosing a ugly as fuck east German helmet as opposed to an aesthetic Wehrmacht WW2 helmet.

The UK is by far much safer geographically than a large part of the US.
>East Coast South
>Hurricanes

>East North
>Freezing Storms

>Middle America
>Tornadoes

>West Coast
>Earthquakes

If I was a bong, I'd probably have some extra time cans of food and some gold stored up.

they will probably zero in on me and take all my shit, but i like talking about it. besides i got a few tricks.

You're a hobbyist, not a survivalist, then. Because talking about your preps literally, directly, objectively lowers your chance of survival.

Not trying to bring you down, but you should get serious. It's amazing we haven't seen serious SHTF yet. It's fine to talk to other preppers, but normies G E T O U T. If they don't care enough to prepare now, then they'll try to kill you for your preps when they get hungry.

From natural disaster yes though rural parts have been getting floods, A good chunk of the UK is farmland so we can't really bug out to a forest and if certain targets were hit a lot of the country would be radioactive on a windy day

I would but I have friends who do similar things so I just come up with a reasonable cover story

It allows me to discuss these things with my friends without them knowing about all of it

They don't care about the cover, man. If they know or even suspect you have supplies they'll come for you

I strongly suggest you plan to bug out and not in, if these people have any idea where you live

a couple people know, some suspicious questions. what you gonna do with all this canned fruit. kek. i just like fruit.

No one is going to use nukes, or everyone is. There's no such thing as a limited exchange in Europe or UK. So either you worry all the time or not at all. Either way you literally cannot save yourself from it.

Why did they even see it?

grocery store.

I certainly don't plan on staying in my lower class city as the police force is far too small to be able to control large scale riots without deadly force and I have multiple ways out. I luckily live near the woods on the edge of the city and there is a trail to get to a completely rural area and orchard as well as a connection to a rarely used back road which lets me split off into multiple directions.

doomsday preppers are to fallout what pagans are to The elder scrolls

you buy 20 cans of beans at a time people get suspicious.

doomsday preppers is stupid as fuck, society hasnt collapsed in 200 years and its not gonna start now.
The types of things that would make you need a "bunker and supplies" are extinction level events that 99.9% of the population wouldnt survive anyway.

So where are you bugging out to? Do you have a place set? If not, now's the time... WIthout some serious skills, even a carload of gear is going to be hard to survive on, assuming your car makes it all the way there.

Don't buy prep food when shopping with other people, dude, holy crap.

well either way, i'm really prepared for even a really bad storm, so thats nice.

preparing for a solar flare knocking out the grid for an extended period of time or a bad hurricane is defiantly more practical.

Well, I certainly won't say exactly where I will go to but I do have the skills and a wide array of books to back up anything else that I am not entirely sure of

well i guess i am a hobbyist, not really that in to it.

He likely was talking about the cashier

just say you are making punch for a huge party as a normie excuse

Not really, just grab them by the flat. I go through a flat of garbonzo beans every two weeks.

that would not be a budget bloc decision.
m56 stahlhelm is actually not an East German design, it is Nazi but never put into use during their time. M56 has far superior ballistic protection and was/is much cheaper

Yeh , im convinced it will be a slow unwinding though . Realistically you have to balance quality of life vs a 1 in a million of "surviving" to live in a hellhole

The evidence (looking at things like peak oil / EROI , actual climate science) points at slow collapse not overnight as well

So guns and a years worth of water and food , bug out and get home bags , the basics

Wasting my time doing wilderness survival classes and the like is dumb as shit IMO , youd have to survive , get to a place thats safe from bandits and can grow food and then survive for a growing season , makes more sense to do the basics as above , get the info on how to do things like permaculture safely stored with some seeds and then worry about it if and when

Actually doing prepping as a lifestyle and surrpunding yourself with those folks is counterproductive and depressing (so again , quality of life)

I suppose, but if you're buying in bulk you should be buying from Sam's Club or Costco, or at the absolute least, Walmart, where nobody will notice, care, or remember you.

If you don't have a whole lot of food and other people where you're going, I'd encourage you to pursue those things.

Replace the cow with goats. Goats make more milk per area than cows do and don't take up as much space.

I've got a pretty large supply of food and water, but no bunkers or anything like that. Also two firearms and not enough ammo. Just have 200 rounds for my pistol, need to go pick up some more.

>Actually doing prepping as a lifestyle and surrpunding yourself with those folks is counterproductive and depressing

You're an idiot.

also m56 is unironically more aesthetic than m35

Oh and im /leftypol/ just so ypu guys are aware that a collapse wouldnt just be fellow nazi thugs

In actuality it would be military guys gone rogue / redbecks who had bunkers and street gangs / drug pushers that are most likely to survive

So a terrible mix of people really , a mix all yhe same

>lefty
That explains why you think a self-sustainable lifestyle is "depressing."

commies gtfo of Sup Forums

mfw people seem to notice things, loke your driving a car bathed in blood. kek

youtube.com/watch?v=9r7RXWSsEQ4

Fuck preparation.
I have my weapons and such.
When the end times happen I will go and fight and die. And I will go to Valhalla.

Think about it , lets say youre in the desert , desert survival classes right?

Well no because actually youre better off hunkering down for 6 months while everyone starves and the power structures shake out and then making for land that can suppprt crops

You live in the woods , woodsman skills? Again . Get some topo maps and hoghway maps and soil quality maps , how far are you from farmable land? (That youd then have to take by force?)

So ypu spend all your free time woth civilizatipn intact learning skills ypu may never use and then the odds are youll get killed early on by roving bandits anyway , not a sensible way to live life

Alternate , prep reasonably , covers everything normal like disasters and gives you a big head start in a true apoclypse and you still enjoy reality as ot is

Far too many preppers get sucked into the lifestyle wothout actually doing tbe math , they think some fancy bowoe knofe and a weekend course makes them onvinsible but theyd probably get killed trying to make ot home from work early on during the civil unrest

If you spend all day reading about the collapse od civilization , i guarantee youll be mentally drained and depressed all the time , for what? A 1 in a million chance in a what if scenario?

Youre the idiot , youre trading a guaranteed "now" and all hopes of happiness for a thin maybe of a shitty life

i just kinda half ass it every now and then, i'm not obssesed about it.

Im actually very active in the transition community , I have quite a green thumb (and a killer recycling system , no phosphorous wasted , the tilapia pond runoff fertilizes the plants for instance), but see - thats a hobby that doubles as enjoyable by itself and maybe useful

Im railing against people who think they can buu their survival , or that somehow reading collapse news and articles with all their waking time gives them an edge

It doesnt , it makes them weak. Theyll panic when the shit hits the fan and be the first to go

The way to go

And are better for sexual emergencies.

When the Wind Blows
Threads
BlackOut
youtube.com/watch?v=T_RVhHPOLqk

Protect & Survive
youtube.com/watch?v=m6U9T3R3EQg

youtube.com/watch?v=PjCA3zEbN-A
youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8sAcrqaO0