How prepared are (YOU) for a winter without electricity or gas heat?

How prepared are (YOU) for a winter without electricity or gas heat?

>Russia, China and other nations have probed and left hidden malware on parts of U.S critical infrastructure, "preparing the battlefield," in military parlance, for cyber attacks that could turn out the lights or turn off the internet across major cities

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-hackers-ready-hit-back-if-russia-disrupts-election-n677936

>NSA chief says 'when, not if' foreign country hacks U.S. infrastructure

reuters.com/article/us-usa-cyber-nsa-idUSKCN0W35M8

>record lows are likely from Michigan to Maryland Saturday morning, including Indianapolis, Philadelphia, New York City, Albany, Boston and Hartford.

abcnews.go.com/US/northeast-feeling-record-cold-temperatures-moderate-sunday/story?id=51080639

>D.C. dips to a record low, first in November in four decades and one of many across the Northeast

washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2017/11/11/d-c-dips-to-a-record-low-first-in-november-in-four-decades-and-one-of-many-across-the-mid-atlantic-through-the-northeast

>Saturday marked the second consecutive day of record-breaking cold for the Boston area.

boston.com/weather/weather/2017/11/11/boston-is-experiencing-record-breaking-cold-temperatures

>More record low temperatures were set in parts of the New York area Saturday morning.

pix11.com/2017/11/11/arctic-blast-sets-record-lows-in-new-york-area

Other urls found in this thread:

eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=natural_gas_delivery
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another artificially produced masshysteria to milk money from.

I live in Central Texas. I could survive approximately every winter until the day I die without electric heat or gas heat.

Get fucked.

>He can't sit outside with no shirt on at night during the middle of winter
Move further south

simple risk management

>further south

Antarctica?

>it will happen when it's cold

pussy. cold is for real men

yah but you still need fire.

how many of these ~$500k mcmansions have gas fireplaces?

I'd be a lot more worried about our internet than our power desu. American power grid is "soft" but very decentralized, plenty of people have generators and gas heaters. Something like Stuxnet would need to be specifically designed for the kind of equipment it would affect. But our internet has many chokepoints (see: tracerouting) and to my knowledge does not have the protective isolation of the Russian or Chinese networks. We could potentially be cut off from the world or each other by damaging certain key nodes or satellite connections.

I'm white, I'm made for cold harsh climates.

then dont have a huge house you faggot

eia.gov/energyexplained/index.cfm?page=natural_gas_delivery

Read moar. What exactly are "they" going to attack? Natural gas delivery in the US is a pretty analog proposition. Digital control systems simply minimize the number of employees. The manual controls are still in place. In other words, a little OT and the gas keeps coming.

it's not just huge houses. it's any houses with gas fireplaces or no fireplaces at all. people have come to take climate control for granted..

most home natural gas systems require electricity

I would do pretty good if electricity stops working, the only real danger would be to fend off desperate looters if they show up

how prepared could any person living in the city possibly be? wood stoves aren't exactly easy to come by in the city, and probably cost more to insure, if it's even legal at all.

so what can we do to prepare to heat our homes in the event of a loss of electricity and natural gas?

Thus the pic related natural gas standby generator.

I have a wood stove and I've been chopping wood all autumn

My parents own 100 acres, live next to a nature reserve, and have two gas wells. Though I'm not sure I'd survive without alcohol :(

"people" around my area new houses are not allowed to have chimneys lmao
also why would you need a wood fireplace if you live in a suburb or city.
any self sufficient neighborhood is set

lol you are actually being persuaded by the commercial marketer student from the other thread.

if the land is arable you can grow alcohol and probably should as a trade good/ disinfectant. if you can spare the effort, your priority should be on food crops of course. buy seeds. everyone here in this thread should buy seeds.

most houses don't have them

>how prepared could any person living in the city possibly be?

good point. even if you have firewood and a fireplace, how are you going to defend it from all your desperate freezing neighbors?

best to be out of the way somewhat

>so what can we do to prepare to heat our homes in the event of a loss of electricity and natural gas?

best is to get out of dodge. cities are main targets for terrorists and state adversaries. also centers of dependency

if you cannot leave yet, bundle up. get some wool undergarments. layers help stay warm, with a focus on extremities (hands, feet (good warm socks and boots), head). having a reserve of calories might be a good idea too.

some reserve firewood is also a great idea. even a week or two's worth of supply might buy enough time to stay warm and calm to weather the disruption and if it's prolonged, to plan and prepare going forward

Is that the same media that said Saddam had nukes and Syria was gassing people and that Bin Laden did 9/11?

Of all the things to be missing, alcohol is actually pretty dang easy to make. Simple mead takes a month, you just need yeast and honey, both of which store pretty well.

>"grow alcohol"

If it were to happen while it's cold though I'd be kind of screwed. I'm a degenerate and can't go a day without drinking.

I need to learn before it's too late

nah bro, I post issue-specific threads like this all the time

>record breaking cold
DELETE THIS THREAD IT UNDERMINES THE GLOBAL WARMING NARRATIVE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Very prepared. Currently have about 10 cords of cut seasoned wood and a little side business selling kindling. Our motor is. "Burning faggots since 2017"

Nukes are on a different power supply
If someone makes us cold we will make them hot

"Foreign country hacking the power grid" is just a meme and not a real possibility. A few contractors push the meme so they can get government money to "secure" infrastructure against foreign attack. Basically the equivalent of companies who got paid billions of dollars to walk around slapping "Y2K safe" stickers on computers.

HUUURRRRRRRRRR

I've got electric,electric backup,,kerosene,n wood.

thats why they renamed it "climate change"
if it warms its our fault, if it cools it is also our fault and its also warming but its climate change. its our fault and we need to pay carbon tax, a tax on all living things, its the only solution.

very? I have a fireplace and central heating.

and if that fails I got like 4 sleeping bags, all you really need.

thumbnail makes her arm look like she is holding a dildo

>"Foreign country hacking the power grid" is just a meme and not a real possibility.
It's been happening in Ukraine for the last 3 years.

WE CANT LET THIS GET OUT WE MUST LET THE WORLD KNOW GLOBAL WARMING IS REAL AND ITS THE WHITE MANS FAULT MODS PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD IT UNDERMINES EVERYTHING WE STAND FOR

>oh no someone hacked the Ukraine
Yeah, they aren't us though. America exports more hax than China or Russia. We're the top source of cyberwarfare in the world. It's part of why China and Russia spent so much effort hardening and isolating their own networks...

>Yeah, they aren't us though.
But they are being explicitly targeted by Russia. China is bound to the US and it's stealing F-35 blueprints or hacking the OPM every five minutes or so, what do you think will happen when the gloves come off?