OPT - One Page Thread

That Guts needs to come back.

New translations fucking when?

made in abyss
when i get bored

Since google actually didn't work,
Girl of Gold & Silver Girl

Does she have a cold?

I've only just recently noticed this, but does it annoy anyone else when Manga uses all capitals? I'm currently reading this , but it keeps changing from regular grammar to every letter being a capital for no real reason.

It's surprisingly annoying, but the actual manga itself is pretty good.

fuck you

king omaha is so based

I think cute 4koma are my absolute favourite thing in the world.
They never fail to make me smile, even if I've had a bad day.

It's just different fonts. Doesn't bother me, though yeah, a scanlator should take that sort of thing into account.
>grammar

I'm no English teacher, but I thought that grammar referred to more than just the punctuation.

Wouldn't using all capitals be considered bad grammar?

I'm really proud of her.

Grammar refers to plenty other than punctuation, in fact I don't actually think punctuation counts grammar. I think what you're talking about is orthography more than anything.

Grammar is how you structure your words in order to be understood, and what words fulfill which functions in sentences.

>The actual manga itself is pretty good.

>The actual manga itself are pretty good.
This is bad grammar because "are" is what English speakers use with a plural subject (or "you", which used to be plural), so using "are" throws confusion into whether "The actual manga itself" is plural or not.

>Actual the manga itself is pretty good.
This is bad grammar because a noun's article, such as "the" and "a/an", is supposed to precede any adjectives that modify that noun.

>The actual manga itself iss pretty good.
This isn't bad grammar, it's just a typo.

>the? Actual "Manga, Itself is, Pretty" GOOD
This isn't technically bad grammar, all the words and phrases are properly constructed. Would your English grammar teacher yell at you for this? Absolutely.

If this is accurate. Then thank you for enlivening me.
Sincerely, random insomniac user passing by (work in 3 hours).

You are correct Punctuation is not a part of grammar. The former has to do with systems of writing while the latter has to do with language itself.

To add to what the other user was saying, historically comics have used all-caps fonts because in the early days when comics were printed on trash paper. Lettering was originally done by hand and they needed it to be readable, while also fitting as much text as they could on the page. All-caps was clearer to read on shitty paper that would end up with text blurring and bleeding.

While comics have since moved to digital lettering, there are still a great many fonts that follow the styles that were established early on, to the point where fonts that are both upper and lowercase can look strange, especially if it's a serif font. Something like doesn't look too out of place, since it a simplistic, rounded aesthetic to it. If you compare it to other pages in the thread that use all-caps fonts, you'll see that it is somewhat less clear and readable but not enough to be distracting.

In any case, whether you go with an all-caps font or not, it's generally poor typesetting to switch back and forth between the two within a single manga. If using an Upper/lower font you may want to use all-caps for shouting, but you shouldn't switch between the two for no apparent reason. Sometimes multiple typesetters will work on a single chapter, in which case that is a sign of poor communication, management or QC. Consistency is important. Standard dialogue should all be formatted in the same font, size and styling. You want to convey the information without trying to pull focus away from the manga itself.

well this is a first

Sauce cant find on google and saucenao

Best girl

I can't into this. The artstyle in the beginning is way to confusing. It took me about a minute from time to time to get whats happening

Do they fug?

Golden Times

Sauce?

I'm so used seeing guys getting beat up by girls in a comedic fashion that I don't know what to do with this.

Mine is footware

They fug.

ilu Sawa

It's always interesting when this happens, at least it's something other than "cartoon".

updates never

Why oh why

>nothin personnel... kid