Re: Zero Kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

You assholes want this thread or not?

Recent Translation, Ch 48, now with more 'Chidna
mega.nz/#!FN9wEKQZ!3WwxJ5rI3aG0bJE6PbcIeM5qIWPlD3htpRNTMczRR4k

Other urls found in this thread:

translationchicken.com/2016/10/26/rezero-arc-4-chapter-5-the-emilia-faction/
mega.nz/#!EUQWyDhY!24h1Z2ZpEomE4ZnxRw3tyf6KaCRTNYpY4_zfqMucV0I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I want to gently cuddle with Ferri while I'm comforting him.

I remember when this was "while he cries himself to sleep"

>Rem AU ends when Rem wakes up, just as it started when she got coma'd.
Would you take it?

>Subaru: “I guess I'll be disappearing soon... then, thanks for the talk, Echidna. When we see eachother again...”
>Echidna: “Before that, would you mind?” Feeling his body getting indistinct, Subaru goes to give his goodbye. But Echidna stops him. She stands from her seat, dress swaying as she walks over to Subaru.
>Echidna: “You participated in the tea party, and I've given you a piece of my knowledge... but are you maybe forgetting something?”
>Subaru: “I forgot my stuff?”
>Echidna: “My compensation.”
>Narrowing her eyes, Echidna pokes out her tongue at Subaru as he tilts his head. Subaru's eyes open wide.
>Subaru: “Compensation...”
>He mutters.
>Echidna: “Yes, compensation.”
>She nods.
>Echidna: “I'm sure I charged last time, too, but compensation comes attached with dealings with witches. Leaving last time's compensation as last time's, what will I be getting as compensation for this time?”
>Subaru: “Well'll paying my respects not work out? I don't really have much cash on-hand, and these levies or payments've kinda gotten tough for me.”
>Echidna: “Your conversation skills for negotiating with witches might be a little lacking.”

>Echidna: “You really better thank whoever gave this to you. It's packed in with pure feelings of concern for your wellbeing. In each stroke of the thread and needle is magic which used that as an intermediary. The power housed in an object like this is overwhelmingly fascinating.”
>Subaru: “...Petra did.”
>Echidna: “She has feelings for you. Sorry to the girl who sent you those feelings, but I'll be taking this.”

So anyone want to explain why exactly Echidna chose this as the payment?

I have my own theory, but I'd like to hear what you guys have to say first.

How the hell can you remember that

If it ends with their family dying I'd be pretty sad. If its basically that one doujin of Rem's dreams while asleep I'd also be sad.

Maybe because there's a picture with Puck on it? Puck can be Echinda's long lost lover or something?

They do have a connection as does Beatrice. Subaru says she talks like Puck.

Quick Subaru, kill yourself to recover the handkerchief!

I always thought something like this would happen with the AU.

Like I always found the premise strange to begin with. Subaru and Rem run away together because Subaru had basically given up on saving Emilia and the rest from Sloth right? But every time he didn't succeed Puck would fulfill his end of the contract and try to destroy the world since Emilia died.

If Subara and Rem ran off, then that obviously meant nobody was there to stop Petelgeuse. Which means Puck would have gone on his rampage, but if that occurred then why did Subaru and Rem have such a normal and happy life? Like did someone stop Puck? Why did no one search for the?

Always felt like it was too good to be true to me basically. So I thought things might catch up with them.

Well Puck got killed by Reinhradt so. Bete was killed by Puck.

In a QA. Tappei says while Puck is powerful he has a big head and Reinhard eventually stops him every time he tries it.

>Like did someone stop Puck? Why did no one search for the?
Reinhard is a thing. He one-shots puck after awhile.

>Sorry to the girl who sent you those feelings, but I'll be taking this.

I know their relationship isn't the best now (at least on Subaru's end), but I still really want the cucking route to happen. Seriously, with the amount of heart-throbs he gets from her, I don't think it would be too much of a reach that she could be a number 3.

Ah, I see. So then who would go out of their way to go after them then? At least I assume they are being targeted specifically. Though it's a bit weird if that were the case, since so many years have passed.

She did all of that to manipulate Subaru though.

I think a witch is where Emilia, and definitely Rem, would draw the line.

Problem is that Echidna is a blackhearted psychopath who just wants Subaru for her experiments. Keyword being blackhearted.

Once she can get all from Subaru she'll throw him away like a peace of trash.

Sounds like she was more interested in the Puck embroidery.

Her having a connection to Puck is also telling.

Subaru: “It makes me hungry so I don't wanna exist is an amazing comment. Yeah, nevermind how
we got here but this did help. Thank you. —And,”
Daphne looks mystified. Subaru says, in a voice as displeased as he can muster,
Subaru: “I am destroying the Sizeable Hare. I've already killed the White Whale. Better not have
any complaints, Mom.”
Daphne goes silent.
Subaru: “Four hundred years—is how long these guys you made outta your good intentions or
whatever the hell reason've run wild. Enough is enough. —I'm erasing them, leaving nothing.”
Daphne: “Grandiose, you humans.”
Daphne's reaction to Subaru's announcement of war is different to all she's shown thus far.
Her mouth splits into a great, wide grin, an expression other than hunger for the first time arising on
her face,
Daphne: “If you-can do-it, do-try it.”
Her red tongue extended and teeth far too sharp, the Witch of GLUTTONY smiles.

>you will never join Subaru´s army to exterminate all the witchbeast fucking shits
Also I kinda liked how Daphne took that declaration

Judging by some of the AU material, I'm pretty sure at least a few of their interactions were real. I think that, while certain parts were carefully fabricated, she was still using her genuine personality for the most part.

It's just a bit annoying reading through all these chapters playing the guessing game of which actions are genuine, and which are for the purpose of manipulation.

I'm pretty sure the parts where he is talking about relying on RBD are definitely areas where she is manipulating him though. She definitely wanted it to seem like it was his own resolve to use his own life as a resource.

I'm just not sure which of the banter parts are real or not. Since from what I've seen, that teasing part is a legit aspect of her personality.

Did I understand it the same way as you did? I felt it was a "bring it on then, faggot" reaction.

I interpreted it as a genuine, if somewhat looking downwards, way of encouraging him. Since she is definitely the survival of the fittest type, she probably liked that declaration quite a bit.

This makes me wonder if the changes caused by undoing Gluttony would be as drastic as those it created in the first place. Rem's erasure almost feels like it pushed some of her love onto Petra, even if it wasn't quite so direct as that.

New chapter from chicken:
translationchicken.com/2016/10/26/rezero-arc-4-chapter-5-the-emilia-faction/

Army for purging when?

Daily reminder Rem's coma is just a really funny joke

>I was only 18 years old
>I loved Echidna so much, I had all the merchandise and movies
>I pray to Echidna every night before bed, thanking her for the life I’ve been given
>"Echidna is love" I say; “Echidna is life”
>Satella hears me and calls me a faggot
>I know she was just jealous of my devotion for Echidna
>I called her a cunt
>She slaps me and sends me to go to sleep
>I’m crying now, and my face hurts
>I lay in bed and it’s really cold
>Suddenly, a warmth is moving towards me
>It’s Echidna
>I am so happy
>She whispers the terms of the contract in my ear, for five minutes
>She grabs me with her powerful witch hands and puts me down onto my knees
>I’m ready
>I open my mouth for Echidna
>She serves me her fresh, hot tea
>It hurts so much but I do it for Echidna
>I can feel my stomach burning as my eyes start to water
>I push against her force
>I want to please Echidna
>She roars in a mighty roar as she sprays my face with her genes
>Satella walks in
>Echidna looks her straight in the eyes and says “I'm his witch now, bitch.”
>Echidna leaves through my window
>Echidna is love. Echidna is life.

Every thread until Rem wakes upg

>Subaru: “...Where's Emilia?”
>—Emilia isn't anywhere.

OH MY GOD
HE ATE EMILIA IN HIS SLEEP

Minerva is cute! CUTE!

Because I was the one who brought up the fact that if he was crying himself to sleep you weren't doing a good job at comforting him.

You got better. And Ferris got better.

WITCHBEAST EXTERMINATUS WHEN

Doujin wise all we're going to get is watersports with her aren't we?

>Subaru: “If you're not gonna tell me, there's no choice then. I'll run around on my own, uncovering your preferably-hidden secrets on my own. Not gonna get in the way of that, yeah?”
>Echidna: “...There's nothing I can do if they get uncovered. If you're going to entangle with the secrets of mine you'd hate, force them down prone to the ground, and expose it all in bare daylight, my only option is to silently accept it.”
>Subaru: “This's making it sound like I'm doing something awful so could you please change your wording!?”

Even when all their conversations have such prime doujin material already.

the thing is subaru, with RbD, is literally a unexhaustable pile of secrets and knowledge from other worlds.

Thank God, maybe there's more room for best girl now.

>exterminatus

Hell no, those beasts need to be handled personally. They need to witness the glory of humans first hand.

Gotta remember to post this one next thread because Chicken takes more time for his translations

Nah, part of greed is not letting go like that. It's why Echidna holds on to the souls of the other witches, even though they aren't useful science to her. To keep everything of value to you, to never sacrifice or compromise on it, to want it all... that is greed.

Greed best sin.

Prankster girls get to do ahegaos

She seriously is. The only witches I'd want to be with is Minerva of Wrath and Echidna of Greed
Sloth just doesn't care; and she will kill you if you disturb her
Pride is DEUS VULT!!
Gluttony would fucking eat you without hesitation
Lust personality-wise is ok, but her authority is an absolute no-no (I think she can't control it)
Envy is batshit, I don't want to be near her. Both of her personalities are bad, it was her nice persona that killed all of the witches and not her evil persona. Getting involved with Envy is a bad idea.

One doujin of Mitsubishi going "I'll pay you for the tea party...WITH A DICKING"

I'm pretty sure the majority of us who visit these threads already read it. I recall a discussion about it when it first came out, and that was it. Honestly there really isn't all that much to the chapter to really talk about. A lot of it we kind of already covered.

And the OP is just for the download link to the most recent chapter done by summaryanon. Since his frequent updates are what keeps us discussing new shit.

Is there any official art of the other witches?

Yeah, Minerva is pretty chill and Echidna is interesting to talk to.

How would 'Chidna feel about Subaru using RbD to get his hankie back?

Free information from the Witches without them ever knowing!

Literally ate her

Fucking hell

The whole idea behind Minerva is just so tragic that it breaks my heart

I think he would taste lingering haafu erufu in his mouth.

Echidna reminds me of Iroha from OreGairu with her "Senpai, shimasen, we can't bang right this moment because X, gomen nasai!"

Not yet last I checked, that will probably happen when volume 11 comes out. Though fanart is usually pretty spot on, since Tappei is pretty descriptive with his appearances.

Echidna's was pretty close to the real thing, just different accessories and whatnot.

Minerva and Echidna really are the best witches. I love both of them. I feel kind of bad for Camilla, but I'd rather not die that way.

I don't think Sloth is that bad though. She was pretty low on the official danger list if I recall correctly.

Minerva's temper is literally uncontrollable, and her healing punches leave massive collateral damage. She's a lovely person but so single-minded and unwittingly destructive that life with her would be utterly impossible, hence her even being the first to die. She probably ran right into a fray and bit the dust.

Weird, considering I'm also an Irohafag too for that series, along with recently converting into an Echidnafag. Maybe I just have a thing for the teasing third options or something? They are pretty different in pretty much every other aspect though.

>Minerva: Fue!?
>I grabbed onto Minerva’s slender, gentle hand, which caused her to alternate between looking at my face and looking at her hand that I was holding onto. While alternating her gaze back and forth, her face immediately started to turn red. A complete blush on her face. As a result, she uttered an “awawawa” in embarrassment.
>Minerva: B-but I’m a maid!
>Subaru: It’s okay, I support you.
>Minerva: A-also, I’m useless!
>Subaru: It’s okay, even if you are, I’ll still love you.
>Minerva: B-but, I must fight for world peace!
>Subaru: It’s okay, you are the world to me.
>Minerva: ~~~!

But user, Minerva is really damn cute. I'm sure her recklessness can be made up for that fact alone.

What Sekhmet lacks in action she more than makes up for in raw power. She'd be perfectly safe to just stick in a corner somewhere and go about your life, like she's a piece of furniture. Unless she still needs to do basic human things, or smells or something. Furniture that would probably kill you if you told it to move because you're vacuuming, and won't talk back to you like the rest.

How much do you think Arc 4 is going to be shortened? Some parts really drag but others are great so I hope he strikes a good balance.

Have fun wandering the wastelands she creates, and then fighting the still-standing kingdom she's just enraged by converting their homes and livelihoods into bandaids.

I was just thinking about that. Assuming Arc 6 ends with Rem waking up, I have a feeling Season 2 would want to end there.

There's certainly a shit ton of dialogue that's going to be cut. I'm guessing the Echidna scenes are going to be more fast-paced and it'll be more visual than anything. I definitely think that'll be the Arc that's going to be butchered the most.

I was actually talking about the LN, though that's also interesting to think about.
But no way a second season will cover up to 6...

Anything for Minerva.

>[Subaru: Well, that’s that but…]
>[Echidna: W-what is it? Staring at me like that, is something weird about me?]
>I put my hand on my chin and stared at Echidna-san. What a beauty. By the way, if I don’t count my mom as a girl I met today, Echidna-san becomes the third girl I met, but is this a meeting of fate?
>[Echidna: If a boy looks at me this much I’ll get embarrassed. I’m a woman after all... on top of that I’m not all that dressed well today. I only came out to find my sister, after all.]

That reminds me, even in the AU she still reacted like this. So could that mean those scenes were her using her legit personality? I mean she is still pretty cold blooded, but the fact that even her AU college student self acts that way makes me think that is a genuine response from her.

How would Arc 5 be handled? From what I've heard, it's the one Arc that's mostly action scenes.

>Subaru-kun, aishitemasu~

I love (You)

Arc 4, 5, and especially 6 need their own seasons. At best S2 will be arc 4 + half of arc 5 on a cliffhanger. Arc 6 is the longest arc in the story right now and it's still ongoing.

I've merged all chapters through 21 to 48 into one PDF because it bugged me off :

mega.nz/#!EUQWyDhY!24h1Z2ZpEomE4ZnxRw3tyf6KaCRTNYpY4_zfqMucV0I

Enjoy.

But why?

>because it bugged me off
HM
I WONDER

He kind of said why.

>Echidna: Born on January 24th
>Minerva: Born on July 20th
>Camilla: Born on June 19th
>Sekhmet: Born on August 13th
>Typhon: Born on ???
>Daphne: Born on ???
>Pandora: Born on ???
>Hector: Born on ???

So anyone think there is any thematic significance to the witches birthdays? It's probably just overthinking, but Japanese writers do tend to like picking specific dates for birthdays to put in some background symbolism or something. Most I could come up with so far is Echidna's birthday being the earliest date the Saturday of Souls can be.

Unrelated, but it kind of annoys me how the wiki classifies Hector as a "Warlock" instead of a witch. Since calling him a witch is fine since with is a gender neutral term to begin with. It was used for both males and females.

To do a true adaption maybe but I think with 26 episodes it's doable. Act 4+5 may happen but no way it's going to be mainly Act 4. Not sure how much of Arc 6 could be cut-able but there's a lot of detail in these Arcs that aren't 100% vital to the story.

>Echidna is one day before mine

Also i don't think the birthdays may hold anything. Is there even any significance to be found in those dates that we have?

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is slated to release January 24

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IIRC he matched Echidna's birthday to some artist that draws lots of fanart and likes Echidna

>Subaru: “I know both my hands're occupied. So I'm gonna grab her in my mouth while I'm at it. Complaints?”
>Roswaal: “Nooooooot a one. I do think you wound up merely saying something smooth, but I'd saaaaaay that's fine. —The answer will be what happens when that time comes in reality.”
Just reading through the translations now. Also, him asking Subaru if he remembered was an odd line.

I just realized we're never going to see best girl animated again... It hurts

>Arc 6 is the longest arc in the story right now

I'm sorry? Isn't it only near 30 chapters as of now? Where was it stated that it's going to be bigger than arc 4?

Well it's more of a "just for fun" kind of thing for me to spark some discussion I suppose.

But after looking into it, it looks like Echidna is the only one with a somewhat relevant event on her birthday. The previously mentioned Saturday of Souls, which is a day to pray for faithful people who weren't saints. Done on a Saturday because of the whole Christ and the tomb thing.

Everyone else just has a bunch of random holidays and feast days. I was kind of hoping for something dark humor wise like Relius Clover being born on international children's day in Blazblue.

Would you mind pointing me in the direction of said artist? I might need to take a look for research purposes.

Choose only 1 witch to fuck

Rem - witch of Love.

@yuzouni

Minerva. Dem tiddies.

Current pacing. Didn't they just get to another part of the tower? It's looking to be longer than 3 and 5 at least.

>Also has an avatar with a fish in it's mouth

What the fuck is this meme?

Obvious choice is obvious.

Thanks user.

I don't really get it myself, but it is pretty amusing I suppose. Easy to tell who is a fanartist too when browsing Twitter oddly enough.

Don't forget about the places where each one of them died.
Subaru has visited these places atleast once throughout the series

So is Pixiv kill?

The pacing could change drastically honestly.

The first few parts were focused on preparing, and the trying to find the tower itself, while inside the actual tower we seems to be going at a nice pace.

Pixiv isn't the only platform for art, and not everyone uses it, or uploads their works there.

If everyone could settle on one website for fanart it would be pretty convenient, but that's not the case.

I just know if a S2 will happen it has to end with Rem fully waking up and the kiss scene. It would be perfect end and the best way to make up for almost no Rem throughout the season. Honestly the best reason I think Rem wakes up with memory fully intact.

I know a few artists who jumped ship from Pixiv because of one of their recent policy updates. I think it was something along the lines of "if you upload it to Pixiv, we own it" kind of deal. Which is a pretty good reason to head to a different site in all honesty.

Though I wish they would not use twitter, since finding fanart can be hell unless you already know specific artists.

Any recommended sites besides pixiv?

>sloth just lays there bored, she probably smells funny
>gluttony literally eats you
>pride's a goddamned child and would probably just break it off to see if it hurt
>lust would probably be too shy and you probably physically would not be able to stop until you died
>greed would be into the weird shit, you would probably end up having some regrets and shame after, and then she'd want payment, but not in dosh
>wrath would leave you with more house repair bills than you could ever realistically afford
>Envy wouldn't be too bad, but she comes with all the crazy person baggage that you can't escape from after

Minerva=Echidna>Sekhmet>Carmilla>Satella> --POWER GAP-- >Daphnee>Typhon

How is losing your dick worse than outright dying from being devoured?

I have no clue on that front.

Depends on how big they make season 2. I figure it'd need to have much more episodes than season 1 if they cover to the point where she wakes up.