Dragon ball thread

I am the light in the darkness.

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Uh, $500 for "Shitty fucking dub line, watch Kai you faggot"?

Guide to watching Super:

Super Episodes 1,2,3 -> Battle of Gods Director's Cut -> Super Episodes 15, 16, 17, 18 -> Revival of F Trunks Special Edition -> Super Episodes 28 and onwards

Episodes 4-14 and 19-27 are BoG and RoF retellings that are inferior to the movie originals so there's no point in watching them.

Watching regular RoF in place of RoF Trunks Special works too since they didn't alter any of the existsing scenes and you can watch the new scenes on YouTube or whenever DragonTeam releases them subbed.
While BoG Director's Cut had considerable improvements made including modification of scenes and not just adding new material.

Anime

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/

>I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.

>Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
>Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/

>I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV anime, I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.

Manga

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/

>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
>Toriyama: That’s right.

>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.
>Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579

>Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking

Stop shilling your opinion

Reminder that Gohan is the 3rd strongest mortal in his universe

Friendly reminder Japan does not rate gohan.

t-thanks op

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/

>I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!

Can manga vs anime fags please stop. Both are trash so there's no point in arguing. Nostalgia is the only reason we're all here.

Buttmad manga cancer.

>AntiVegetafags after the lastest episode

Only when the only non-dissapointing saiyan descendant isn't there to take 1st place.

>3rd strongest mortal in his universe
U7 top 3 mortals : Vegeta, trunks, goku
Sry gohanfag

Fuck off retard.

B-but I don't read the manga

You were saying faggot

>gohan defense force

>cell saga
They realized how much of a cuck gohan was in the end

Post a bigger one next time

This poll aint relevant since its from the cell arc and not by the end of the manga.
Everyone loves teen gohan but him as a whole he is trash.

>Trunks 3rd and Vegeta 4th
They should swap

Fixed on bluray so nice cherrypicking faggot.

post fixed version or fuck off

wow Cell was really low

Stop fucking lying.
Show me the bluray fix faggot.

Hi

still makes me laugh

Nobody encoded it yet retards but Kanzenshuu topic mentioned its fixed.

>Fixed on bluray
Sure faggot

>cherrypicking
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Goku was first in every other poll so what Gohan accomplished was impressive

Are those Dragon Quest slime socks?

wow, that's bad

Once the Box 4 blurays are encoded I'll make webms just to blow you the fuck out.

What do you want?

That's from the Cell saga. The one the other user posted was after Buu ended.

Are you stupid or delusional on purpose?
U6 arc blurays already got released and jack shit got fixed. As of yet only ep.5/26 got retouched.

Saitama Ok.jpeg

Does anyone think Zamasu is the best Villain, or at least tied with Frieza? I think he easily has the best back story of any one else

Just looking for a buddy.

Gohan is 6th

Doesnt change the fact that by the end of dragonball the japanese stopped caring about cuckhan.
Stay mad faggot.

the worst one

tfw gonna rape black and fuck bulma in capsule corp garage after

He is behind gotenks and piccolo and a guy who appeared in only one arc. If thats not proof enough of being blown the fuck out then I dont know. In theory for the amount of things he did troughout dragonball he should be top3 easily.

Super was a mistake.

No he became evil because he saw two cavemen beating each other. God Superfags have shit taste

>Does anyone think Zamasu is the best Villain
Nope
>or at least tied with Frieza?
No

Zamasu is doing all this because he's butthurt about losing to Goku in a sparring match and Black is only interesting because he's a evil Goku, has a nice design, the way he carries himself(sadistic,flamboyant,smug) and his cool theme.
However his motivation sucks

Why are people still wondering if Super is canon? Pretty sure that since it's not directly written by Toriyama, it's not canon. Last Toriyama-penned canon material was Fukkatsu No F.

>Zamasu has best backstory?
Well shit I didnt knew underage fags were allowed on Sup Forums.

You came to the wrong place

Zamasu didnt swap bodies because he lost to goku

>Gotenks
Have nothing to say about this one
>Piccolo
he has always been popular throughout Dragon Ball
>Trunks
He was really popular in his own arc and because of the anime he maintained that popularity

I don't see why Gohan being sixth is so bad

All those characters are better and more entertaining than Gohan. So I don't see the problem here.

>Cell
muh perfection
>Buu
just plain retarded

Zamasu wanted to destroy all mortals from the start. He had a purpose. Unlike buu and cell. Zamasu is easily a top 2 villain in the series

Future Trunks is only popular because of his fight with Frieza and his sword. Other than that he was rather boring

Goku's characterization in the dub was better, all around. "Light in the darkness" sounded pretty cool; Frieza had done so much fucked up shit that, by this point, the audience wanted to see him get his moral comeuppance as well, but the best change was altering Goku's reason for sparing Vegeta. Ain't no one going to find the Jap motive relatable, but despite being a dumb decision, Goku's purity made him a more likable character than someone who was willing to endanger his friends, family, only son, and entire planet because he wanted to fight someone again.

> being strongest non-fused sayian by the end of the original manga
> having beaten a major villain
>Following gohan from kid to adulthood throughout Z
Gohan made more appearances and had more impact then trunks/piccolo/gotenks and yet he is 6th? he should be at least be top3. Trunks didnt even do shit in the buu arc and still managed to get top 3 by the end of the manga.

>He had a purpose.
A shitty one.

>Zamasu is easily a top 2 villain in the series
Wrong again Bob.

It just proves that Gohan is a boring cunt.

>being this stupid
He literally say that was the case.

> stranger out of nowhere turns ssj and takes out frieza like fodder trash.
His introduction alone was probably the most hypest moment in all dragonball if you followed the manga at that time.

It's a popularity poll so one cares you think

What is piccolo
What is veggeta
What is general red
What is tao pai pai

>I AM ALLY TO GOOD AND NIGHTMARE TO YOU
>IT'S MORPHING TIME
>SUPER SAIYAN RANGER POWER
>UWOOOO
>TIME TO DIE, ALIENFACE

I'm telling you it's the sword. Toei even made the final movie purpose to give it a backstory

Provlem is people were expecting the savage berserker teen gohan ssj2 during buu arc but instead we got a dorky motherfucker who cant even catch an earring.

No, it wasn't better. It was a complete betrayal of the character. He's still pure, but purity isn't as simple as being an all around good guy. He's pure in his pursuits, but he's no saint. Who cares about being able to relate to Goku, anyway? Certainly not the impressionable children. They'll think the character is cool no matter what he says because he punches things and makes explosions, he's strong, saves the day, and his hair changes color.

The Kai dub did it much better. Z's dubs were all a nightmare (to me.)

hi cuties just telling you all to have a great Thursday night passionate kisses and hand holding for all.

future trunks is ponkotsu, after a badass entrance, he gets his shit kicked around

He did not fight Goku in his time line.

Tapion uses a time machine too

You are my favorite poster in these threads, papi freezer.

Dragonball officially ended during the cell arc. This polls are the proof of it.

at least he defeated his timeline foes which is good.

do you guys ever do anything except whine about Gohan?

Goes back in time to kill the androids and cell.
Trunks had the best backstory with apocalyptic future and no one to help him.

Do you ever stop bullying?

If Wrath of the Dragon is canon why doesn't Goku use the dragon fist

They ended gohan. Became a full time cuck afterwards

Because it isnt canon.
Just delusional spics who cant let go.

>the way he was introduced
>2nd super saiyan we see
>came from the future
>his backstory
>character design
>uses sword
It's pretty easy to tell why he's so popular.

pls. im a fellow spic and like piccolo

Wrong again dumbass. Go watch episode 61

>It was a complete betrayal of the character

Yeah; I figured someone would say this (although its not even entirely true since his motives for sparing the Ginyu Force actually were consistent with why he spared Dub Vegeta). It's blatantly obvious that he's different in the the original, but that doesn't mean that he's a better or, certainly, a more likable character.

>Certainly not the impressionable children
Most certainly the impressionable children. The Shonen Jump motto was coined as "Friendship, Effort, Victory" with the conscious intention of creating role models. A lot of people like characters such as Goku and Vegeta because they work hard to better themselves.

Manga is canon, not anime

the fuck

Damn it's taking so long for them to translate this chapter.

>Beerus so mad he destroys the wii u pad

Git gud

Why is the manga so much better?

It has better filler
You faggots would be shitting bricks if the anime did something like that

it actually isn't, it's only had some nicely choreographed fights but hasn't done anything to top the battles vs black/zamasu in the anime yet

>cuck

who /royalty/ here