Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Keikaku doesn't go to plan.

Reminder that all he wanted to do was make his casan happy again

>spend 50 episodes devoted towards Yuya unlocking Synchro Summoning
>make Enlightenment Paladin a huge deal with his actual ability to reverse time
>make Nirvana High Paladin a big deal by being a Synchro Monster that doesn't need a Tuner
>because his Synchro Monsters and all of the Synchro characters except for the legacies don't show up again you know Synchro Arc was completely filler

>They were dumb enough to drop ENJOY

Though, I'm not sure how much more they could've milked Cardians for. Got more cards than Ciphers at least.

>Predator Plants are Predaplants now

Could have been worse.

tfw no huntingferns

Having a vague goal isn't the same thing as having a keikaku. Reiji has been winging it all along.

YUM YUM
U
M

Y
U
M

Wants some cum?

There are still 3 cards left for Predator Plant

If you were in charge of Arc-V, and you had to choose 2 legacy characters from each series (including DM), who would they be?

ZA PARFAKUTO

none

>The Phantom Knights' Rank-Up-Magic Launch

in my tum

wanna be the perfect

DM

Kaiba, Jonouchi

GX

Manjoume, Hell Kaiser

5Ds

Jack, Kiryu

ZEXAL

Shark, IV

I honestly would have preferred him to come back more than Crow, especially based on that dumb move the latter did.

>Reminder that Synchro and XYZ ended up being nothing but an afterthought all in favor of Legacy characters, shilling cards and unneeded filler .

Buy Eidolon

DM(pretty hard choice)
Kaiba and Jonouchi

GX
Asuka(have her do more) and Hell Kaiser or Manjoume as the commander-in-chief

5D'S
Jack and Kiryu

Zexal
Shark and one of the Archlights

Grandpa and Mai for DM
Asuka and Fubuki for GX
Rua and Ruka for 5D's
Gauche and Droite for Zexal

>Crow died but not before ensuring that another character wouldn't be able to duel anymore

I hope that it doesn't end up being meta.

I got rused by Konami with Zodiac Beasts, who went from absolute trash to Xyz Nekroz "everyone runs it" tier overnight.

Those are reprints of the original 3. They're done.

Can't Sawatari just grab an Academia student's duel disk? Have him steal BB's?

I unironically think Future Fighter is one of the top 5 EDs of all Yugioh.

>Current Arc V writers wouldnt have written a dumb move that exists to sideline a character we actually give a fuck about if Crow wasn't in the show

But then he won't be able to use Reiji's OC Action Field Crossover.

Usual GX dub quotes:
Chronos : (reffering to Rei) She's nt half bad.
Napoleon : Oui,oui
Chronos : This is no time for a bathroom break!
Do they say the same thing in the Japanese version?

Nah, their too lazy at this point. They like choosing the idea of Sawatari being 1/2 of Gon's walking stick.

>Edo summons Dogma
>Great scott!
>Sam Hill!
>Aww man!
>Why don't I have a catchphrase?

Did they say the same thing in the Japanese version?

He isn't important anyway, so it doesn't matter.

No, they don't need to rely on piss-easy language puns that kindergartners can come up with.

I un ironically think it's the best yugioh ed

>Jap Yugioh
>Jap kids media in general
>Not having retarded baby puns
They just seem more cultured to you because language barrier. Manjoume Thunder is a fucking stupid pun when you get down to it

It's even weirder considering they didn't made Chronos Italian,yet they left Napoleon French.

Exactly. The same thing can be said for the rest of the Lancers, who we can all agree they all make a shitty team unless the plot demands them to in order for more Yuya being EGAO Messiah.

I was thinking more like he isn't a Yuu or Bracelet girl counterpart.

They have Caligula. Someone will find a way.

Well,they tried to make Yu-Gi-Oh more accessible to kids in US.
Most kids would fall off their chairs laughing when they hear that,cause 'ha ha,oui oui is pronounced as wee wee'.

Your dads waffles sure are very good! Zuzu!

What did he mean by this?

They're Yum Yum.

What does that have to do with what I posted? I said Jap Yugioh had plenty of dumb puns for babies as well

>DM
Otogi and Mai
>GX
Johan and Asuka
>5D
Jack and Kiryu
>ZEXAL
Vector and Shark

I still think EYES takes the crown, but Future Fighter is one of the best.

At least their puns aren't cheap shot toilet jokes.

>jap humor
>not toilet humor
Hell, the original manga had the nephew of Honda shitting over the butler of kaiba.

SANDA
It's time to chazz it up.

Not to mention the dub turned Chronos into a retard.

Why was the inclusion of legacy characters regarded as a bad thing?

If done right, they would have been a wonderful edition to Arc-V.

Even though everyone shits on him, Crow in Arc-V is a much more likeable character than his 5Ds counterpart could ever hope for.

Legacy characters from GX are a good thing too, since a lot of their characterizations were botched. Asuka could have fixed her jobbing track record for example.

Dammit dub

Why not go to his mom's place for not burnt pancakes?

The problem is that they did do it badly, people were initially kinda excited when it was first reveled that Arc-V would have legacy characters.

Because they had their time. Arc-V should have been about Arc-V characters, not jerking off retards from decades ago.

>DM
Rex and Jounichi
>GX
Kaiser and Chronos
>5ds
Sherry and Kiryu
>Zexal
Shark and Anna(to go with Allen)

The problem is the show made as though after Synchro arc, the Legacy character roles could have easily have been done by someone else and has original characters that could have provided more shafted in favor of them.

Asuka had potential but was literally introduced once part of Yuzu getting duelblocked and literally never did anything 20 episodes later via resulted her carded.

Edo ended up being nothing but for exposition.

Kaito is an even worse edgelord than Shun that wasn't development and is OP beyond belief you need to get Yuri after many episode of being used for a running gag to dispose of him.

Jack/Crow were best back in Synchro but overstayed their welcome when they came to Fusion instead of original characters that would have provided more story and development-wise.

Don't attack this card, user. You're in for some serious
BAD TIMES

The inclusion of Legacy characters wasn't bad. People loved the idea of having Edo and Asuka in the show, and Jack's initial appearance was a pretty fucking hype duel.

The problem was that if you weren't a 5Ds character, you got treated like a joke, and if you were a 5Ds character, you overstayed your welcome.

I know Kaito was stupid good in Arc-V, but honestly, he's still a joke.

If it was done better it simply would have been really cool.

The only two unnecessaries were Edo and Kaito, and even then, I think Edo could have been written to be a really good commander if they had brought in the Tyler Sisters and him to command an attack on Neo Domino instead of just sending the Obelisk Force.

Asuka really deserved better, since her dialogue vs Yuri could have been used to explore how she came to loathe fusion summoning. Back in early XYZ/Fusion I was expecting Asuka to even teach Yuzu a thing or two on how to advance her Fusion prowess.

the only character whom seems unfixable is honestly Kaito, but there's no other Zexal rep that could fulfill his role without also REEEE-ing all over the place I feel.

Rolling

Anna, Kotori, or an Archlight would've been a good inclusion, but the issue with Kaito's role is that it's just a remake of Shun's arc from Standard. Kaito's "role" in the series shouldn't have existed as it did in the first place.

The deadline is arriving, but there is still time to send your submission of Kirifuda.
Send it to: [email protected]
I'll be accepting submissions until the 3rd.
Hitotsu ni

>mfw can't get off the Zrc-V train

It still would've been shit. Instead of legacy characters you'll get more BB tier chars eating up time.

Change from Crow to Yugo saving them from Security after being split from Yuzu and Shinji be rekt by Shun. None, legacy characters were a mistake.

Thank you for being patient user-kun

Have a maido yuya

>Crow in Arc-V is a much more likeable character
>Asuka could have fixed her jobbing track

I dont want Arc V to exist to fix the fuck ups of previous shows

None.
Or based Grandpa.

Maido yuya a shit

>OP 3 had Clear Wing fight OERD
>Never happened
>Kirifuda had SoL moments with Yugo/Yuzu and Yuya being happy riding
>Characters barely interact and Yuya was brooding most of the time.

I'M STILL FUCKING MAD

Legacies are bad period.

You either go overboard like with Kaito and steal too much screentime, or fuck up like with Asuka and waste everyone's time

happy fappys are not a waste of time

When's the last time Yuya rode on Odd Eyes Pendulum Dragon anyway? can they not even afford to animate that anymore?

I personally think Crow was a perfect Legacy character he did enough

No. Shingo should've developed out of rich boy tendencies and not be comedy relief, Shun should've had a duel with Yuya, Yugo should've had more stakes and interactions with the Lancers in the Synchro arc.

He cockblocked a Shun vs Yuya/Yuto duel, that makes him shit.

>expecting development out of Neo-New

Honestly, Crow should had been Yugo's spot in the arc.

Wasn't Yugo still with Yuzu at the time? Having her and Yuya reunite that early would have killed a lot of tension.

What would have been the difference if Shun had beat Crow instead? Why have Shun duel Yuya?

It does when it cockblocks potentially better happy fappys.

>Implying we didnt get some when the show was good

his Arc ended when he abandoned Yosenju

>Not expecting a 1 material Xyz archetype that focuses on turn 2 or 3 OTKs to become meta
You have no one to blame but yourself. That degeneracy was obvious from a mile away.

>Implying Abyss Actors aren't the GOAT Shingo deck
Yosenju were cool, but they were just Reijis prototypes. Actors lend to him having his own style of narrative based entertainment dueling that we saw with him against Yugo

And yet people STILL tried to say the deck wouldn't be meta.

Now Invoker is an insane price and K-Money will probably rarity bump the entire fucking archetype.

>Have Yuzu meet with Sora early, ninja-ing around Synchro dimension running from Yuri
>Yugo find Yuya after he got separated with Yuzu still being chased by Security and talk about their Ruris inside Jail with ENJOY.
>Yuri rekts his way to Roger to strike a deal finding Yuzu.
>Yuto awakens from duel against Shun instead of EGAO duel with Jack
>Sora and Yuzu enter Friendship Cup

Among other thing, goddamn Synchro arc was shit and fuck legacy characters who cockblocked the Lancer's screentime.

>Legacy characters cockblocking Lancer screentime
No, that was the shitty frame of a fucking hotel doing that. What made it even worse is that we KNOW that fuckers like Tsukikage and ENJOY were capable of communicating properly (and in Tsukikage's case actually making it possible for other Lancers to communicate between each other), but this is never done outside of two scenes.

"Reminder that Yugo was originally meant to work for Roger so tabs could be kept on Rin until Leo made a move, but because Director Ono wanted 5D's characters back Yugo's backstory had to be changed and a large portion of our episodes have been rushed with characters only fully speaking in one episode at a time. It's also why Rin wears jewelry and Yugo's bike and clothes are so pristine despite being Commons.

"Jack and Crow replaced Shinji and an unknown character who were supposed to be friends as Commons along with Damon and Tony. The Friendship Cup was a tag tournament where the Commons would have a chance to participate and "prove their bonds are anything but Common," with the finalists having to duel against duelists of the Council's choosing -- always ending in defeat for the Commons. Yugo and Rin were supposed to be the player killers for Shinji and Jack's character. The Jack replacement used a deck that requires heavy Life Point sacrifice, and instead of losing with Shinji he sacrificed Shinji's LP so he could beat Yugo and Rin and become King, while leaving Shinji to go back to Commons as a failure. Yugo was supposed to have a rivalry with the Jack replacement for being humiliated in such a way, and Shinji was meant to call the Jack replacement a traitor for literally stabbing him in the back instead of "not doing anything for the Commons" as it is now. The Jack character was Kamishiro's self-insert, because of the color-name puns. Note that Jack's character was originally described as having come from The Facility during the promotion drops, but this plot point was dropped. Shinji Webber is now instead Crow's friend and was trying to revolt against the Tops for no legitimate reason (because Shinji is Kamishiro's design and there's no other way to use him).

"Also, the Friendship Cup was supposed to be much shorter because it WAS a tag tournament as a callback to 5D's WRGP but it was used as a singles to extend the time the show needed to run."

>Why have Shun duel Yuya?
Yuto did nothing in the Synchro arc other than be a part of the Zarc cocktease. Having Yuya duel Shun would give him something to do along with potentially delving more into his friendship with Shun and with having Yuya and Shun build more to their relationship before Xyz, something that at all the Lancers needed during Synchro, but I digress.

Sora appeared during that duel to tell Crow that Yuya not being himself and the Academia is here. I remember the line in pic from 99 didn't exactly sit well with some here in terms of how suddenly trustful Shun was in his tone, regardless of admiration for Sora's tenacity, since he last saw Sora back in Standard when he was still part of Academia. That duel would've given some opportunity for a bridge between those two points.

Finally, it would give Shun a more respectable and important loss that wouldn't lead into giving him a pity win in 119.

Legacy characters still cockblocked after Synchro, where there was no hotel trap.

CITATION NEEDED

that is an apple

>unknown character
I'm 100% certain this was meant to be the white version of Reiji, Sora, and Shun. His name included Shiro (white) somewhere. But he got turned into Ren in the manga. They didn't even finish his design, which is why he has no face and hair/designwise looks like a mix of Reiji/Jack.

His name was probably Ren Shiro(something) or just Ren Shiro. As further evidence, he uses "White" monsters.

>Among other thing, goddamn Synchro arc was shit and fuck legacy characters who cockblocked the Lancer's screentime.
>Among other thing, goddamn Synchro arc was shit and fuck legacy characters who cockblocked the Lancer's screentime.
Just the legacy characters? What about the Arc-V exclusive characters that appeared in each dimension, like Shinji, Tyler Sisters, BB, etc?

Where would those characters fit? If you make the show just about Lancers, Yuus and Ruris, it would be strange as to why there's no supporting cast in the dimensions they go to.

I would think Ren is more of a strict clone of Reiji that focuses solely on Synchro Summoning. More than likely EVE has two more Reiji clones that use "Black" and "Violet" archetypes. Sort of like a foil to how Yuya has other organic personalities that have a focus on other Summoning methods, she has synthetic copies of Reiji.

>Jean was originally a pawn of Fusion
>Yugo was also a pawn of Fusion
This makes so much more sense story wise than what we got... why Heartland destroyed over Ruri but the City spared and only Rin kidnapped?

Oh god, please someone make an Arc-V "fanfic" without legacy characters, aka make Arc-V the way it was supposed to be once all the info on the original story is released via interviews.

Why did they do that? There's a card that searches "Predator" cards in the OCG if I'm not mistaken. This might make these words harder for the TCG to deal with in the future.

>It's also why Rin wears jewelry and Yugo's bike and clothes are so pristine despite being Commons.
That's actually a good point. And with Synchro Reiji still missing, it's definitely very likely that Synchro was heavily modified.

There's so little to discuss we're validating (old) fanfiction with no solid evidence or confirmation, now?

This.

The show would've been really bland if it ignored natives of the other dimensions for the sake of Standard characters. That would've left Shun and Sora in the dust