What can be done about the homeless problem in California?

What can be done about the homeless problem in California?

Almost every underpass in Oakland is home to a tent city

They need more programs

Clearly. Also more immigrants

>homeless

WELCOMED CITIZENS TO THE GREAT STATE OF CALIFORNIA! (Registered Democratic Voters)

You're fucked bud, the entire west coast is fucked. Washington and Oregon are next.

/thread

Loosen up zoning and building codes. Let developers build small housing with fewer amenities that these people could actually afford. Outlawing slums has expanded the homeless problem.

Two words: CHEAP HOUSING!

Was like this in past aswell.
Or is it a new, emerging thing ?

The only housing developments that are being built now are high luxury condos that cost between 700k-3 million dollars. And of course these are bought mostly by investors who don't even live in them

Nothing really can be made to get rid of the phenomenon. It`s a warm place so the poorest people would inevitably settle there.

But the community of those people can be organized in a Kowloon.

That would also be a great startup platform. Cyberpunk community would allow developers to live there for cheap and test their technologies on their neighbors.

amerimutts live in literal dog houses.

Its gotten a lot worse mainly because median rent in places like SF, LA and Oakland has skyrocketed due to tech companies moving in and foreign investors buying property up
A studio apartment in an LA ghetto costs at least 1600 a month. Also California becoming a sanctuary state has just worsened the problem

Govt and cops won't do shit about any of it so were stuck here

SF has laws against building up. Even though building multi-story housing blocks would make it less expensive to live and work there.

OP i believe that the wall needs to extend along the california border and possibly north along oregon and washington if those fuckers dont shape up.

Stop any welfare and food banks/stamps and replace with employment offices. It only takes one week.

I think higher housing prices could help

Harvest their organs...for actual productive members of society

>tfw live in OKC
>friend lives in Sacramento
>tell him OKC has a much higher population than Sacramento
>he tells me he doesn't want to live in a bigger city because he doesn't want more homeless
>I see maybe 2-3 of the same homeless on my commute asking for gibs
>he sends me pictures of Sacramento where there's literally streets and Parks filled with homeless
How tf

Just wait till you start getting favelas.

Is this monthly?
>People are paying a MEDIAN of $3600/m for a single bed flat in SF

more inmigrant, the answer is always more

they can start by not importing tons of third worlders

Live in pittsburgh work a basic job
rent a basic apartment eat basic food paycheck to paycheck
starting to get cold and icy dark earlier and generally miserable
if I crash my car on the way to my basic job I'm fucked, if I lose my job I'm fucked, no money means no heat
kind of jealous of the homeless in california. They have beautiful weather and plenty of liberals to get gibs from

Florida is pretty cheap to live in, I don't see why they just go there?

They could always do what we used to. Send them somewhere else so someone else can deal with them.

tell the police one of them is hiding a really good donut

>Be homeless
>Go to shelter
>Get given one way ticket to Haiti
I LIKE IT