Story Time - BIRDMEN

Continuing the Birdmen story time dumps that I'll be doing at 5PM EST every day this week. It's a great manga, but not a lot of people know about it. Translation is 3 volumes behind, but I have the raws and will be dumping those too. One volume a day, let's go!

Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4 Birdmen is a very unusual manga by Tanabe Yellow, the author of Kekkaishi. The series begins with our MC, Karasuma Eishi, being a cynical teenage jerk and roping his best friend into his bad behavior by skipping class. On their way home from the part, they got into a random car crash and a flying human(?) descended from above to give them a choice.

Last time, we learned that although this SEEMS like a super hero action monster of the week coming of age story Birdmen is actually a manga about a new race of intelligent being slowly drifting away from humanity. Our MC, Karasuma, will be one among them that will lead the race forward, as he has the power to command others.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>our boy is growing

Priceless shit

youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

"What does Takayama like", that's hilarious

Nooooo!!

HA!

Serious time, this is the kind of stuff that worries me.

So the comedy in this chapter was there to prepare the reader for this.
Well played

Nice moves, Karasuma.

Indeed, it was very well played; a sudden shift in tone.

Love bird humans and this sounds good, thank OP for mentioning that. Will probably read the first few chapters today or something.

So yeah, Takayama DOES have special abilities, but he hasn't properly "awakened" yet. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how this is.

More of Fiona's backstory!

It's fucked up again!

Yes, actually.

I daresay Takayama is VERY bad news.

kimoi

Takayama is not the hero of this story.

He may end up being a comrade, but I'm just going to say it: I don't consider him part of the cast of main characters.

He has always been different from the rest; even in the first cast shot for the series he is turned away from the other four and we don't see his face.

He never really seems to click and obviously has his own motivations. Lastly, as he made clear here, he isn't the leader we thought he might have been; the real leader is Karasuma.

It's always been suspected that he is unnatural and off, but as we move forward it will become even more obvious how detached he is and how "not one of them" he is among our main characters.

Anyway, sexy mama bird time.

Prime reaction image material right here.

Karasuma took too long to realize that Takayama was up to no good. Seriously, just remember how many rape faces he did until now

Since he was never actually DOING anything bad, you could've written it off. I know I did.

Eva's a strange case. Not sure if she really gives a fuck about much of anything.

I don't usually like things like these, but I thought this was pretty funny.

For fuck's sake, Takayama.

Great page.

Hello! I'm totally not suspicious!

standard teenage boy activities

It's so small, but I absolutely love the following exchange.