Last week I went on a routine shopping trip to the USA and before going back to Canada I stopped in at Olive Garden to...

Last week I went on a routine shopping trip to the USA and before going back to Canada I stopped in at Olive Garden to enjoy a delicious meal. After I had eaten, and was about to walk out, one of the waitresses approached me and said "If you're not going to tip, don't bother coming back". Now the waitress was the dumb blonde type so I ignored her and left. What I don't understand is the fascination that Americans have with tipping. What is the point of giving someone (who is already payed by their employer), extra money for doing their job? It is equivalent to giving money to panhandlers on the street. Where did this culture of tipping come from and what can we do to eliminate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

allrecipes.com/recipe/25147/sarges-ez-pulled-pork-bbq/
acropolispdx.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

learn from the best

>Be 25 year old American
>Go to Germany, first time in Europe
>Plane lands, I applaud.
>In german airport, take off shoes, pants, leave 3 oz sample of blood, semen, in quart sized ziploc
>"Sir, you don't need to do that. Just walk through the metal detector"
>"Sorry, nicht spriche deutsch"
>"Sir, I am speaking english."
>Go directly through metal detector, do not get irradiated, do not get groped by TSA.monopoly
>Tip the security guard 5 Euro because that is the smallest paper money

Spent the first day in Frankfurt. Frankfurt is a great city because there is nothing to do so literally anywhere else you go is great.

>Walk to train station
>Lots of foreigners around, can't hear any english
>Walk in hand in back pocket to protect wallet
>keep other hand in side pocket to protect phone.
>Unable to operate ticket machine. Language options are Union Jack, Deutsch Flag, and France.
>Get on train without ticket
>Gestapo officers in uniform come up to me
>"Morgen, karte bitte"
>"I'm not Morgan."
>"Apologies, Good Morning, ticket, please."
>"Nicht spriche deutch"
>"Sir, I speak english."
>Can't understand his crazy nazimouth, tip him $30 Euro to leave me alone.
>He tips me back for being a cool American.

>Train arrives in Munich. Begin applauding.
>Nobody claps, don't want to ruin my solid American applause.
>Tip every passenger for letting me solo.

>Get rental car.
>Too many pedals.
>Walk to McDonalds to get order Double Quarter Pounder.
>Fucking idiot gives me wrong meal, end up with Hamburger Royale Kasse
>Only tip him 30%
>Use burger to weigh down extra pedal
>Car rolls backwards into river.
>Applaud the whole way in

Bahaha. I love you Brit-Bong!

stay home then. problem solved.

Top teir post lad not sure if pasta but 10/10. I hope others see it before the thread dies

Americans tip as a sign of good service, but now businesses have made a loophole to where they underpay their employees & have their money comes from tipping.

That being said, I don't eat out at restaurants at all. They're overrated.

Might as well stay home & cook my own steak for 40% of the price

>Not sure if pasta
This pasta is so old and iconic it's practically Bongistan's national food.

>Old ass pasta

We tip because we care :)

Top kek

>Might as well stay home & cook my own steak for 40% of the price
This. Get a cast iron skillet and lrn2sear.
I used to eat out almost daily until I discovered the sublime satisfaction of cooking my own meals and delighting others with my kitchen skills. There is nothing more social than inviting people over and then cooking a meal and consuming it and a bottle of wine with friends. And it's great if you're socially awkward - when you start feeling weird about being around people, just talk about the food; it's just that easy!

Here's a simple barbecue recipe that even the biggest cooking noob can pull off.
1. get a crock pot (crock pots are awesome for easy delicious food)
2. go to supermarket and acquire the following: several pounds of pork butt (super cheap), beef broth, coffee, salt, pepper, barbecue sauce, buns, cole slaw
3. put pork butt in crock pot. Pour in beef broth and a half a pot of coffee in crock pot. Put a coating of salt and pepper on meat that is above the liquid. Cover and turn crock pot on low.
4. come back 8-10 hours later and remove pork from pot
5. shred pork with a fork, remove the fat and discard it
6. mix shredded pork with barbecue sauce in a bowl until pork is coated
7. put pork in bun
8. put slaw on top of pork
9. eat

Save remaining pork for further sandwiches - it will last a week in the fridge so you can have bbq all week if you want. Or you can invite your friends/neighbors over and watch them orgasm as they eat your creation.

allrecipes.com/recipe/25147/sarges-ez-pulled-pork-bbq/

I know OP is bait but I just learned this one and oh my god.

Weird it says last week. But you posted this before. Pasta shill gay sage

Screencap this am pleb fone poster and cannot

Better yet, buy a pork roast (super cheap), dust with spices and sear it in a hot pan on all sides, and throw it in a crockpot with a can or two of frozen apple juice concentrate.

I do this a lot and it is good

Their normal wage is like 3.25 or whatever the state minimum is. Yeah it's nigger tier but as long as the wait staff i get isn't a total twat i leave like 5 bucks

well done

Never tip at chain restaurants

Never tip non whites or at non white owned establishments.

I can go to a bar and for a $1 tip I get pussy ass and tits with my eggys

>you're not going to tip
OP is a nigger

Crock pots are for extreme winter weather
Pork butt should ALWAYS be made in a smoker

NICHT SPRICHE DEUTCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hitting the newfags with the alltime classic

I don't have a smoker and the point is anyone can cook, it's just a matter of finding the easy as fuck recipes.

The state of this fucking board. God damn you faggots. I can't tell you how much hate I hold for people like you.

My dad is a chef at a Michelin star restaurant, meaning that when I eat outside, food is usually much worst than what I eat at home (or food I prepare myself).
I also worked as a waiter, and didn't care when they didn't tip.
Still, if they want to be tipped to the point that they explicitly ask for a tip (like in burgerland), I tip, but I think that asking for tips is one of the rudest things ever.

acropolispdx.com

Decent food for a strip club for 1$ you get a stripper while you eat and for $20 ya can get your dick sucked during a private show after.

some nice IRL trolling Jacob.

every chef I've known makes the fastest and easiest food at home because they're too tired to cook a real meal for themselves.

This 1000000%

>Olive Garden to enjoy a delicious meal
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA Delicious meal from olive garden more like dried bread, bad attitude, and and nigs.

> every chef I've known makes the fastest and easiest food at home

Yes that's true, when I was a child my mum cooked for us most of the times.
But we use top quality ingredients at home so even a fast and simple recipe can be an excellent meal.

HELLO /R/Sup Forums

You don't tip when you go to a restaurant? You fucking Cheapo.

>What I don't understand
Is pretty much everything. You give retarded leafs a bad name.

I spend approximately 400$ eating out at restaurants per month. If I tipped 15% that would be 60$ a month, or 720$ a year. I could think of several better ways to spend 700$ than giving it away to people who already get payed to do their job.

First off, don't go back to that restaurant for a few years. If you do, any of the staff that notice you are back, will fuck with your food and you'll get terrible service leaf. Just a warning.

Second, tipping came about in the US during the depression. Restaraunts would let people they know "work for tips" as waiters. Saved the company wages on fully paid people to do the job, and the desperate people got a bit of money. This worked out so well, that Americans institutionalized it. There's a few other places that you tip at, like your hair stylist these days.

In modern times, waiters have to share their tips with the back room staff, so when you stiff the waiter, you stiff the whole staff. Cooks, dish washers, hostesses, bar tenders, busboys, etc etc etc. This is likely the reason that modern culture has been pushing to raise tipping percent, so they can pocket more money. When I was young. average service got 15%, good got 20%. Now they are teaching average gets 20%, good gets 30% or better. And in some parts of the country, they are already teaching average is 40%.

As far as I am concerned, tipping is an archaic relic that should be abolished. Just pay the food carrying monkey a basic wage, and if they don't like it, they can go try flipping burgers until those get replaced by robots.

>4plebs archive
>Last week I went on a routine shopping trip to the USA and before going back to Canada I stopped in at Olive Garden to enjoy a delicious meal.
>Fri 16 Mar 2012
Neat. Are we just posting old pasta now?

That''s what you get foe being a cheap maple syrup sucking fuckbag

Learn how to cook you fucking yuppy leaf faggot. Plus, the women dig that shit.

Bitching on here about tipping at the fucking Olive garden of all places. Total fucking kike.

Kekkles for no shekels

I went out to a bar for the first time in a couple years on Friday. 6 chicken fingers and 2 beers for $30. How do people like doing this shit every weekend?

>I'm not Morgan
kek