Redpill me on trade school

Redpill me on trade school
I hear a lot of things about it. That it's easy to get a job after, you get a lot of skills to get a job, and that you can make a lot of money after
But honestly it sounds mostly like conjecture by people who aren't in a trade
What's the real truth about trades Sup Forums?

If you build it, they will cum.

bump

You can make a good amount of money in the right trade, but you don't want to stay in it forever. As soon as I got out of trade school I started planning how to use the money I was making to get into something better. Working with my hands everyday was not for me.

So basically do it.

Anymore details?
Getting a job out of school sounds a little unreal to me

Women and soy boys don't work on vehicles. They don't know the slightest bit about plumbing. Welding and carpentry are an arcane magic to them. You can charge them whatever you want.

Yeah but how do you even get a job out of school

Only through (((networking))).

>Yeah but how do you even get a job out of school

Holy shit, is this what American ""education"" looks like. You make a résumé..

My instructors helped. If yours are shitbags or they just don't give a shit go through a staffing agency. You can also ask around with people already in your chosen field. There is always a shitty company that will hire absolutely anyone. Use that to build your resume.

If you can get into one of the trade unions and work hard you can go far. If you have good skills and can learn management you can move from labor - skilled labor - foreman - superintendent - project management. This is honest work for honest hardworking people.

>no hearing protection
Sure.

>Only through (((networking))).
Do you really think you should be able to get ahead in life just by sitting at home? Contacts are necessary for your career.

It looks like she does, in her right ear. I don't use ear ppe for saws. Just grinders, mostly.

Freehand cut without a miter gauge. That's now how it's done.

Almost as bad as women soldering.

You make more money than a new college grad and get hired immediately in almost any populated region. Sitting in a fucking cubicle like a rat in a cage kills you faster than any other job

Learning a trade is something everyone should do. I have worked in IT for 15 years and am only now learning a real profession.

Once I'm done I will be my own boss and never be without work again.

ouch

Trades are good.
College is also good.
The most important thing when pursuing any type of education is to HAVE A PLAN.

College will be really bad if you get a bachelor's in sociology and assume the world will open up before you.

College will be really good if you study an in-demand STEM field and have a good GPA.

Trade school has less consequences and more immediate rewards; trade school is a lot cheaper, has less PC/SJW bullshit, and for most fields has really good starting salaries.

If you do college right you have higher to climb, but if you do it wrong, you have further to fall.

If you know you want to be a scientist, go to college and be a scientist; if you know you want to be an engineer, go to college and be an engineer. But in general, if you're not especially passionate about anything that requires a degree, then trade school is probably a better option.

She's going to get tinnitus..Unless she has foam ear plugs.

Hard work for good money

Male dominated workspace

Life skills you can use

Black market labour options

Heaps of mature men who will want to teach you everything from painting, to welding, to wood-working to cooking to producing flavoured alcohols to car wrenching

All that delicious overtime

unionized benefits

Only downside is the hazardous, dangerous and physically tough work conditions

King of trades.

Go into the clergy. Find a divinity school that works for you. (Consider orthodox.)

I went to trade school for welding when I was 19, it was 4 months of work, and got a job in less than a month of graduation and made over $500 a week, that was good enough for me at that age. Trade skilled jobs will always be there because no one wants to do gritty hard work

All Jews should be forced to attend trade schools so they can learn to make an honest living.

In camps.

is that CNC?

Trade school is a great idea. I made a choice to apply at a union hall.

They paid me to learn a skill. 4 years later, I was classed as a "Journeyman Pipefitter". In addition, I have a plumbing license, medical gas (hospital work), and a red-card to get into nukes.

I don't make a million dollars a year, and I earn every cent. Currently in the check is just shy of $40/hour + medical, dental vision, pension and annuity. My benefits are cheaper than ACA and are much much better.

The cons are that because I work out of a union hall, when a project completes you become unemployed. You call the hall, and they send you to another project.

Sometimes there will be a few weeks in between projects. Some winters may be a month or 2 depending on when you "finish". The goal is to keep working through december/january. If you can make it that far, you can catch a nice vacation at the beginning of spring. I am thrilled right now because I got 2-3 more months close to home.

Lets talk right after H.S. your options. College, Military, or Trade school.

College will get you more lifetime earnings in the long run but you usually won't get into a decent career until your mid to late 20's. There is a ton of debt associated with college today

Military gives you instant pay but it's shit. You also get free food and a place to live, healthcare, and college benefits. Military career won't take off for 4 to 6 years for most and won't be a decent job until the 10 to 12 year mark. Retirement benefits are really nice and competitive especially after 20 years.

Trade school costs very little money and you can complete it quickly compared to College. Apprenticeships pay similar to military and Journeymen pay very good money. Not uncommon to reach Journeyman in early 20's and make 70k-80k by the time you start drinking. Yearly earnings will plateau very early in your 30s-50's compared to college. It can be easier to transition into starting your own business at this point with little to no debt and useful skills acquired.

Trade Schools have many advantages but they aren't for everyone and you have to understand the limitations.

I will freehand on job site saws all day long but I've been cabinetmaker for 20 years. Not enough horsepower to kick back if I get it bound. Will just pinch the blade and burn out the motor if done too often. But, again, 20 years experience, skill and about 130 more pounds of muscle than this chick. She would be fucked.

Learn a trade.
Work for years for someone till you have enough experience and skill to achieve master status.
Start you own trade business.
Profit..
That can be applied to almost all trades. Carpentry, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, even home remodeling.
And the best part is you will always have a job even is you work for yourself.

This, this is the best advice on here so far. If you go to college, make sure you have a long term plan or it could be a huge waste. Trade school is less risky. I took a class in a trade, then applied for jobs, now I'm in an apprenticeship getting paid already with benefits. It's not crazy money, just enough to live comfortably, and I have to be in the shop at 6am and involves a lot of physical work. College is riskier. Trades is a good choice if you are unsure of what to do, as trade school is much cheaper and you will start making money sooner.

>She's going to get tinnitus.
Makita 2708 isn't really that loud. plus she's outside.

She's more likely to lose a finger from free cutting that piece or crown freehand. Not to mention all the sawdust that's going down her cleavage.

Just like wearing low cut tops to the range.

30 posts in --- no reply by OP. Op is a faggot 2/10 for making me reply and fuck you

I just switched from migging galvanized steel to aluminum tig. No more catching on fire and a $5 an hour raise.

Fucking STEM
I've worked with mechanical engineers who would be lucky to successfully change a tire.

After pointing a mathematical mistake on one of his print he replied "I'm an engineer, not a mathematician!"

Fuck 4 year college grad engineers. They cant make shit and spend years fucking other peoples' shit up before they become competent. (((their))) college system for STEM is completely FUBAR.

I'm currently apprenticing with a home improvement contractor that knows about 40-50 trades. Floors, roofs, painting, plumbing, electrician, you name it he does it.

I'm not sure how much money he makes but he's a big spender and he has at least 10k worth of equipment on his truck

AMA if you're curious

> By the time you start drinking

Sounds about right desu

why would it take you 3 years to pay off 3k

Masculine Carreer Path in a Nutshell:
> study engineering / stem
Or
> work a trade
Or
> military / sports related job

Everything else:
> faggot
Or even worse: journalism/media
> kill sourself beta cuck

where does it say 3k, retard?

Correct.

The implication is that trade school is so ridiculously cheap (3K) that it shouldn't take 3 years to pay off.

from my understanding trade school is cheap, ballparking 3k sounds about right
no more than 10k at the very most
even 10k seems a bit much to pay off within 3 years.

Networking isn’t kike magic. It’s not being a sperg.

I’ll tell you EXACTLY how to network and you might get laid doing this too: Don’t say more than ten words about yourself. Ask the other person about themselves or what they like to do. LISTEN. Ask open ended follow ups. DON’T get too personal and DON’T talk about politics of religion unless they bring it up, and if they do agree with them or only touch on what you have in common.

Pratice this, do it in short bursts to ppl you meet in stores or around campus. Practice smiling and facial expressions in the mirror at home. I had to google diff ones and make sure i did my eyes right. I’m a creep with almost zero feelings and i can pull of “normie” every day because by doing this i realized OTHER PEOPLE ARE REALLY INTERESTING. Networking was easy with practice and it’s gotten me jobs and female attention. Bonus: when you don’t talk about yourself or your cats, ppl think you’re mysterious instead of boring.

>24 year old TIG welder

It's a good life, bros. You don't even really need to go to school if you can get someone to teach you. Most places don't care about your certification, all they care about is if you can produce results.

I work at a pretty massive shop that has some high end clients. I come in at 7, leave at 330, and get weekends off + 5 weeks vacation.

Over-time is optional. Like a few anons have said, the soyboys have no grasp on welding or physical labor whatsoever. I have engineers coming to me daily in the shop asking me the stupidest questions imaginable, and asking me to tack parts for them and are amazed when they come out good. A "tack" is literally a weld dab, it takes half a second to apply.

Next year I'm going to travel to Europe and weld in a few different countries while I hook up with foreign bitches and get drunk with the locals.

When I hit 30 I'm going to Alaska for a year where I'll be making 120$ an hour for a special project that is in the works. If you want to get rich quick, get into welding or oil work and go to Alaska for 6 months to a year.

My buddy is a welder and made 120k in three months last time he went to Alaska.

Soyboys, nu-males, masturbators, need not apply. Welding and trades are not for flimsy weaklings.

People will look down upon you for the rest of your life. You will be one of the "working class scum".

Even so, this point is somewhat off. Trade school is cheap as shit, if you aren't actually getting paid to go, you've made an error somewhere.

Oh, also to get a job, go to an employment agency. There are ones such as Randstaad which will get you a job within 30 minutes of walking into the building and showing them your resume.

>wanting to be an office drone

If you have to work for a living, trades are 100x better than sitting in a cubicle all day in a dark room.

At the very least if you're doing a trade you're moving, lifting, sweating. If you're not one of the "working class scum" you're most likely sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day and fucking up your arteries while your wife is home with Jamal.

Some of the trade stuff looks interesting but then I'm thinking with whom I'm gonna work and I don't want to work with factory guys.

>at least 10k worth of equipment on his truck
That's cute.
t. auto mechanic

>There are ones such as Randstaad which will get you a job within 30 minutes of walking into the building and showing them your resume.

Truth and checked

I took welding. I went to welding shops with my resume and my tools. I had a job in a couple days. It's not rocket science dude.

>I don't want to work with factory guys

You'd prefer to work with Hollywood movie guys?

>puts on makeup to saw a piece of wood.

fucking women

Started studying for a "trade school" like degree in Biology: Medical laboratory scientist, i always loved science is school, wanted to help in the health care field but im very introverted and dont like customers/patients environments.
What you do is basically the "lab work" in a hospital or do for example cell culture in private medical businesses. A lot of work with your hands but in a good calm environment but you need good sight (no color blindness) and a lot of patience and carefulness.

People talk a lot of shit about this field. "Womens field with low pay". Yes there are a bunch of women in this field and yes it is known for being "low paid" for getting a degree. but its known for being "low paid" for a reason, the majority who study for it are women and they are fucking horrible at increasing their pay. You will be "low paid" if you keep refusing to work full time, make 50% of the work on a 8 hour shift, take break whenever you want and refuse to work other hours than weekdays 9-5. I took my job seriously, agreed to work whenever they wanted me to, worked overtime and never made any big mistakes.

Got a management position over the blood department after some years in the hospital. Worked more there, started looking for more opportunities, got an interview with a highly respected pharmaceutical corporation. Got a job there helping with the development of medical drugs.

Making around $90K/year doing something that dosent kill my body in a calm environment that I enjoy. If you're just not a lazy retard who just complains (like most majority womens field does) you can make it.

Learn a trade
Go out and do work for people
Gain a customer base
Hire people to maintain and grow customer base
Hire and fire as needed
Eventually promote the best person to run things
Enjoy semi-retirement

I did this for 10 years and now I sit on my ass while my doctor and lawyer neighbors put in 50 hour workweeks.
No better feel than this feel.

>>puts on makeup to saw a piece of wood.
>fucking women

Agent: You're working with wood today, dress appropriately.

Model: I hope whoever it belongs to is cute.?

kek

i get what you mean, but no matter who you work with.
a lot of the time you're going to hate them. i assume its no different for a trade
don't go into any job expecting to make any friends. you already have friends right user?

this guy gets it

>from my understanding trade school
you have no understanding

With a skill, you don't have to rely on society's absolutely shit misrepresentation of 24 hours in the day. You can fuck right off at any point, open your own small shop, and create at whatever fucking hours, for however many hours you want. It's liberating as fuck to not have to wake up at 4 to make it to the shop at 5, so you can have shit ready for shipping and on a plane by 5pm. This rigid logistics is to make the higher-ups the money, not the employee - ESPECIALLY after a couple generations of half-assed easy-mode.

tl;dr with a skill you can work to what suits your lifestyle in opposition to working to support a lifestyle to get to work.

well that's why i made this thread
in this case i just assume that a lot of the time you're not going to like the people you work with even for a trade

It's optics, Pilsudski.
I think he meant tools for work on vehicle that detach, not actual parts of vehicle.
Fuck bro.
Try trucking. Ignore automation shills. The transportation of goods will not be left to full, autonomous entities. The risk of jamming the automated big rig's sensors or hacking, is very high. Let's say is does become fully "autonomous", there will always be a human behind the wheel for safety and security concerns alone. These automated big rigs with $400k+ of cargo on them would be vulnerable to blockades, raiding and looting. It's just not going to happen. Some say I'm delusional and optimistic about the future for drivers, but I do not see it. Particularly for OTR long hauls.

>That's cute.
>t. auto mechanic
He takes 20-50k jobs regularly so keep laughing if you don't want to learn how to make any money from me while I'm here

how old are you and how many jobs have you had?

I don't know. I'm so use to having and hearing about jobs that take weeks, months, or even years to go into
Minimum wage jobs, hope they can see your resume among thousands of others
Office job, just intern for half a year and you might get a job
Everything else, some other bullshit

My grandpa was a general contractor back in the day and he built houses from the ground up. Everything, foundation, plumbin, wiring, roof, you name it. The last house he built he retired into with my grandma.
You are very lucky friend, take the knowledge and keep it. Put it to good use for your future.

from working outside to working at a cafe to working at a call center
you make friends, but there are people you don't like

hello nicholas j fuentes. i fucking hate optics its so boring. but in this situation it makes no sense whatsoever for a woman to put on makeup to saw a piece of wood.

Actually, the king of trades is the guy who you call when your production CNC breaks. Im that guy.

Also, as someone that went the college route I want I add: network with professors in your major.

If course it's good to network with other students - for social benefits, or for future work opportunities. But in my experience, nobody can open doors for you like a professor that really likes you.

An added benefit of networking with all the professors in your field, is that they usually know each other/are friends; this means rapport is built faster and easier as you progress, because your next professor will recognize you as "oh, that student who was chumming it up with Dr. So-and-so" when you take their class.

Participate in their clubs, watch their dogs, babysit their kids, go out to dinner with them - one professor friend is worth 20 student friends. They know people.

Be honest with yourself. Do you have the desire, the drive - and the TALENT, including intelligence - to get a STEM degree, graduate at or near the top of your class from a quality school, and actually rise to the top third of your field?

Are you so empathic, intuitive and insightful that you can study psychology all the way to at least a Master's degree, not get swallowed up in Marxist bullshit, go into practice, and actually do some fucking good in the world, helping people who've had their heads tangled up by shitty families, spouses and this freakshow of a society we live in?

I won't recommend law. In the current year, becoming a lawyer, is with few exceptions, either a life of destitution or becoming a soul-eating litch. But you need a steel-trap logical mind and a lot of "smooth on your tongue." Being able to do the Jedi Mind Trick is also very useful. Do you have all that?

If you did not answer yes to one of those, and you do not honestly have a great deal of real artistic talent - not just singing or acting, but writing, because that's where the money is - then trade school is for you. Decide what sounds like something you could stay interested in for a lifetime, and go learn to be a total badass at it.

Ignore the "phrase, "Working class scum." The people who are using it are $200K in debt, making $45K/year with no path for advancement. Yes, real genius in that career choice wasn't it?

>you make friends, but there are people you don't like
C'est la vie

I put in 11 years trucking, just to retire at 33, because of saving so MUCH living with family rent-free the whole time. I now work part-time at family's minimart as a cashier and grow/sell Cannabis with cousin, averaging about $60k+ a year, working less than 18 hours a week.
Save your money and don't rely on pension/401k. If I can save $40k a year, for ten years, so can you.

27$/h construction laborer here

hard manual labor is a red pilled environment that keeps the soyfed,porn addicted,numale faggots away

Good job, user. You not only succeeded, you provided jobs for people who don't want to actually run a business themselves. That's what it's all about.

well not everyone likes their family

you are a jaded little faggot

point

You niggers dont understand burger culture, its ingrained into us that if you know someone you instinctively undermine them and set them up to fail subconciously if theyre a white male.
If you know someone prior to the interview, then people think youre not supposed to or allowed to help them at all due to not wanting to be seen as someone who only helps their friends instead of treating everyone "fairly and equally"
Social engineering has done a number on us.
Eurobros who are trapped by your open gates please help teach us burgerbros how to be okay with liking someone so we dont innately do everything possible to attack those we want to help.
Do this and us burgers can help teach you eurobros to tap into that primal fiery aggression that burns deep inside all of us still who have the will to survive.

It's for kids who's dads were drunk or abused them, retards, or foreigners. But you can make some good money doing it. Had a roommate doing entry level plumbing work making $18 an hour at age 19, but he complained all the time about how fucking stupid everyone was. He eventually quit and went into engineering school.

not everyone's family problems are just "lol they don't understand me and tell me to do chores sometime" you fucking shithead
and even if it is, if you got the money its yours to spend if you want to move out

>a red pilled environment that keeps the soyfed,porn addicted,numale faggots away
That's as good as money itself.

>graduate trade school
>look for work
>literally everything requires 5 years experience or being a member of the union
>try to apply to a place that I know has an opening, because I talked to the owner and he said a guy he hired last week just stopped showing up
>never called me back and is never there when I call
trades are beginning to seem like a meme. no one wants to hire a noob fresh out of school and then have to train him further. the union accepts a handful of people every two years and most of those guys have connections with the union shops they already work for so have an unfair advantage

my best bet is a distant family member with a shop of his own. dunno if he even can take me on

this is what i'm scared of

>writing
>that's where the money is

I know this is a pasta but that isn't true at all. While the fields of acting and singing may be over saturated with people, writing is perhaps the most over-saturated. Not only that, but it pays the least by far.

They are dying jobs. That's why nobody goes into them anymore and that's why they can give you a good amount of money. Don't expect to have any future with them though. If you wish to have a future the key is to diversify your skills, you can study a trade but you should also study or do something else.

>production
We're a custom shop.

When we call you, I'm standing right next to you learning what you know so we don't have to call you for that problem again. It's rare we need a traveling tech. But that's a damn good job too.

.004 circularity on [A] is cake.
This engineer understands how to make a print desu.

it's very scary.
you'd think it's a simple thing. I mean, how many other guys even go into trades? But that's not the problem. The problem is these old boomer faggots who refuse to fuck off and die, and allow young people to move on in.
Everything is union, everyone wants someone with 5+ years experience they don't have to train or teach anything new to (even though if you haven't been to school in 5 years, you're probably doing a lot of shit wrong. had one fucker check out my AC unit, been in the industry for 10+ years. actually used his fucking gauge to get the refrig temp. you dumb fuck those are never accurate, we did labs in school that proved they can be anywhere between 3-20 degrees off. but I guess for most shops that doesn't matter cuz "he got field experience").

Dying jobs in a dying industry. I've never known anyone who wasn't a felon or retard who went to trade school.

This. so long as you're not a faggot

(I know it annoys you guys but your countries histories of knights fighting monsters and dragons and being the hero is what us burgers all grew up with and secretly look up to, most straight white male burgers look to the men of the west of the past as who we aim to be inside)

What planet are you living on man? If the company has stuff going on, they're likely to be looking for people. Some times they're taking resumes for future projects, often they want someone right away.

how is it dying exactly?

without trades to build and maintain everything society would collapse

With DACA gone and illegals scared shitless, the market is ripe for skilled AMERICAN tradesmen.

My father owns a construction company and he used to hire illegals. They fled like rats, so now he has to pay out the ass for American labor, which is scarce.

Annecdotal, but it seems to be the way things are currently headed.

You could join your local Ibew or go with the UA. They'll teach you the trade, you make decent money, no student loans, medical coverage, ect. Stack money and stay in for the long haul or get out and do something else. Union or not always remember to look out for yourself. I've seen a lot of guys stick their necks out and end up working themselves to injury or ruin their personal life