When's Imaishi announcing the mecha anime?

when's Imaishi announcing the mecha anime?

Hopefully soon, I've been starved for good mecha and TTGL is GOOD mecha. Fingers crossed it's on that level as opposed to his other recent projects.

I liked Luluco and KLK tho

>Imaishi
I love TTGL and Kill la Kill but I don't really have much confidence in Hiroyuki Imaishi. The quality of his projects oscillates between great and shit.

>Great: TTGL
>Shit: Panty & Stocking
>Great: Kill la Kill
>Shit: Ninja Slayer

That's okay, I didn't really

>>Shit: Panty & Stocking

Did Studio Trigger say they were going to announce a new mecha anime?

I am now triggered.

Yeah, directed by Imaishi. That's all we really know.

No
>>Shit: Ninja Slayer
Imaishi was only behind the male character designs. Amemiya was the director. You're also wrong about it being shit.

That show is good if you like American cartoons. I don't. It's not that his other projects were shit, it's that they have dramatically different appeal. I like consistency with my anime directors and writers. For instance, with Hayao Miyazaki you know exactly what you're going to get.

I think Imaishi belittles his own legacy by doing stuff like Ninja Slayers. Pic related.

You like Ninja Slayer? Alright then, we are two different humans, so I will respectfully disagree with your opinion. There are two types of people, those who like Ninja Slayer and those who don't. MInd you, I've only seen a very little of Ninja Slayers.

then you and I have completely different tastes
I fucking hate knowing what i'm going to get, this is why I love Imaishi every work is different

Seems like Uroboshit is going to be the writer, so I wouldn't hold my breath.
I can't think of a screewriter less suited for Imaishi.

Yeah, that writer is not really compatible with Imaishi. Imaishi's work is usually light hearted. He makes stories that don't take themselves too seriously.

The Butcher is only acceptable when he has complete control of the script for the entire show. All of his one episode and done shows usually end up mediocre or trash.

Though I do agree it's two completely clashing styles.

Imaishi's mechas don't look or act like mechas. They look like blobs instead of hard and metallic.

>Urobuchi

The senile old man who now plays with puppets, and wrote the story about little girl who is actually a tentacle monster that spews her meat all over the planet to make a retarded guy feel better.

He could be a perfect fit for Imaishi because of how stupid he is, or the most unsuitable one depending on what they both go for

>. They look like blobs instead of hard and metallic.
that's why I love Imaishi mechas and hate generic shit like Gundam

>people shitting on NINJA SLAYER
You don't belong here. Fuck off back to where you've come from.

Will he at least have a budget this time? Kill la Kill gave me eye cancer. Yeah I know the artstyle is what saves it but the actual movement animation gave me eye cancer

He didn't even do Ninja Slayer
It should. Their newer stuff is more consistently animated.As if they learned from their mistakes

Sounds like you just have bad taste. Also you didn't watch Dead Leaves or Luluco.

Yeah I can't really imagine how that will work. Urobucchi is all about setting up people to fail and suffer while Imaishi does these manic emotional roller coasters.

Butcher did EFP which I think blends well with Imaishi's themes so it should be fine.

>Urobuchi
Eh, at least it sounds better than Nakashima phoning in again or even worst, fucking Mari Okada.

He should just work with fucking Enokido.

Nakashima always did a good job.
And of course Okada would be worse.

I doubt even Imaishi's energy would be enough to save something like Captain Earth.

Is the first thing you think when you hear Enokido seriously Captain Earth?

I hope it's mostly the same staff doing the show. Nishigori for character design, Yoshinari doing mecha design, Koyama doing animation mecha design, Sushio as animation director, and of course Iwasaki for music.

Yoshinari's directing LWA so that's questionable.

It's his most recent job, and Star Driver had awful scripts too.
Why do you think he could be able to write something good again after all these years?

>Shit: Ninja Slayer

Pleb.

Well he's directing LWA2 but surely he can do mecha designs, right?

Designing can't possibly a more intensive work than directing/animating, can it?

This better be fucking bait. Either way I hope you expect anyone to respect your opinion for the rest of the thread.

>I think Imaishi belittles his own legacy by doing stuff like Ninja Slayers.
He didn't even fucking direct Ninja Slayer.

If you're going to discuss a man's work, at least know what he did and didn't do, you retard.

Booo!!

You didn't even watch half of his shit

>Ninja Slayer
kek

>mfw I read this yesterday
goodfap/10

I don't know, user, the last time Imaishi did mecha, it was shit. I'm not sure if I want it.
As long as NakaSHIT isn't the writer again, we should be fine. Literally not a single decent work under his belt. Fourze was shit too.

You don't like Gurren Lagann?

TTGL and Fourze are objectively good.

Kill la Kill is defintely shit though.

Exaggerations aside, no, I thought it was pretty boring. A very large portion of the plot felt way too convenient for the good guys, a large number of things the good guys pull out of their ass to win undermined the feeling of determination. It made it hard for me to root for them, and I ended up feeling more sympathetic for the bad guys since it seemed like world existed just to shit on them. I wouldn't mind it as much if the characters carried it, but all the characters weren't really exciting except for Kamina.

>McDonald's commercial focused around American high school archetypes
>good

>Hating on Fourze

Looks like someone needs to be befriended.

>shit: P&S

He can't do better than Inferno Cop

That's a considerable amount of shit taste.
Nah.

Those are fair points, though I personally don't agree. Felt more like the conveniences were a direct consequence of determination and willpower. And I'm quite fond of the cast in general.

I dunno how much sense does it make to make that objection to a series based on the premise that willpower is the actual, physical energy that moves the universe.

Then you can say I didn't like the premise.

Okada never worked with Imaishi, but her last work with Trigger didn't really inspire confidence.

Because Star Driver's scripts were good.

>I can't think of a screewriter less suited for Imaishi.

Urobuchi wrote plenty of light hearted stories.
A collaboration between the two, will be a lot like Thunderbolt fantasy in tone and feel.

>Urobuchi wrote plenty of light hearted storie
And yet that's not what he's famous for or why he has groupies.

I actually don't think Okada's that bad (she just does a ton of series of varying quality, and people pretend the good ones never happened in order to shit on her), but she really wouldn't fit Imaishi at all.

I never made comment on Okada, I just said her only collaboration with Trigger was not that impressive.

>PSG
>shit

Were they, though

No they weren't.
The enitire series was practically just Utena if you removed everything that made Utena interesting, characters included - now replaced by an absurd amount of enemies of the week without any depth or relevance.

Panty & Stocking wasn't that good.
The series had moments of brilliance, but was too concerned at being outrageous at all costs to actually develop its characters and setting in any meaningful way (the last two episodes were so much wasted potential) and to move on from the extremely repetitive toilet humor.
Weakest Imaishi work.

Honestly, when I went into PSG, I figured I hated it. Toiler and sex humor turn me off, and I hated Machspeed. Not to mention my general apathy to Imaishi's directing.
I ended up loving it. Panty and Stocking were such well developed characters, and were leagues above Imaishi's other characters. The toilet humor is still there, but it was a lot more than that.
Its the only Imaishi work that I'd rate above mediocre.

>Panty and Stocking were such well developed characters
They really weren't. No depth to them whatsoever, and something like Stocking's "betrayal" can happen only because they're taken seriously as characters so little.
Pretty much every single character in Kill la Kill, irrelevant ones like Satsuki's butler included, are better written.

The thing that makes Panty and Stocking so different from Imaishi's other characters is that they are much more than their given gimmick. If you think about it, nearly every single character in an Imaishi show follows their gimmick religiously until the end of the show. Panty and Stocking were different. Sure, Panty is a whore and Stocking likes sweets, but they had so many different quirks and tastes in their personalities that made them interesting and fun to watch.

It feels like you're talking about different characters. There's nothing in Panty and Stocking other than their gimmicks. They don't even grow as characters in any way whatsoever during the story unlike all the main characters of KLK and TTGL. Even all the supposed development of Panty during the last episodes is brushed under the rug, her relationship with Brief doesn't go anywhere and they're back at the status quo.

You have P&S switched with KLK.

Its not that they don't grow, its that they have many different elements to them aside from their gimmicks. Their personalities don't begin and end at them, unlike Simon or Ryuko. Personally I find characters changing without many elements to their personality kinda flat, but that's just me.

>Its not that they don't grow
How so?
>its that they have many different elements to them aside from their gimmicks
What can you say about Panty other than she likes sex, doing whatever she wants and being adulated? And Stocking is even less developed than that.

>Okada never worked with Imaishi
Yes, she did. On BRS. The staff of Kiznaiver (Okada, Kobayashi, and Yoneyama) worked on Black Rock Shooter.

That's how Okada came to associate herself with Trigger. It was Kobayashi who recommended Okada to Imaishi. And Imaishi served as a consultant of sorts when Kobayashi expressed his idea for the series and offered advice to the both of them.

>How so?
Imagine a character who is scared of, lets say, heights. Him getting over his fear of heights would be character development and can be interesting, but ultimately he is still a pretty flat character.
Then take this character and say he never gets over his fear, but you learn he likes model airplanes, he teases the people he likes, and he hates it when people litters. He seems much more like an actual person now, and to me that is much more interesting. I don't care if he gets over his fear or not, since it no longer defines his entire character.

That's what I mean by its not the fact that Panty or Stocking don't grow as characters. There are many faucets to them and they feel more human.

>What can you say about Panty other than she likes sex, doing whatever she wants and being adulated? And Stocking is even less developed than that.
Its not just having a ton of traits, either. Its how the traits interact with each other and with other people that make it interesting. Panty is a huge slut, but she is also very confident and selfish. Stocking is also no stranger to sex, loves sweets. While she still talks dirty, she is nowhere near as brazen as as Panty. The interaction between them is interesting.
Simon's interaction with Kamina, for example, was interesting since it brought out a lot in Simon and showed us a different side of him, but Kamina died and Simon became unbearably boring to watch on his own. Ryuko was influenced by Mako's overbearing support, but their interactions weren't much different than their interactions with literally any other side character in the show.

>faucets
facets*

>Shit: Panty & Stocking
>Great: Kill la Kill

Sounds about right.

Never

Not the guy you were arguing with, but I appreciate the analysis.

It was still the most fun in years.