Also
a.pomf.cat/zhjwue.webm

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Syae15IPyU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's what it's called.

memesubs

>this is considered art on Sup Forums

looks like some moron handed his 5 year old a tablet and said "draw me an anime"

>t. plep

only oldfags rember this mean

>people not liking Ping Pong because it's not "anime" enough
They should've done an Aku no Hana and just rotoscope the whole damn thing to please the crowd.

> Table Tennis
Why would you play tennis on a table? The desk would have to be huge.

Aku no Hana used rotoscope poorly though. Ping Pong did it well in the OP.

Idiots wouldn't care and call ugly rotoscope "artistic"

anime of the decade

Came here to post this.

Actually, they call it 卓球.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Syae15IPyU

What was the message of the show?
All I got from it was "If you're not talented at something, look for something else, if you are talented, work hard on it."

Sounds like a good, realistic message.

But from Smile I got the feeling the show is telling me "If you're talented at something but don't like it all that much, do whatever."

this desu senpai

>Watch cartoons
>throughout the years they call the medium "Anime"
Why?

I actually liked rotoscope in Aku no Hana, except maybe faces. At least it was something different that usual. But i'm propably the only one.

Different than usual doesn't mean good.
I think it would've probably been better as straight up live action instead of half-assed rotoscope.

Smile seemed to enjoy Ping Pong a lot just only with Peco.

For me it seemed like table tennis was a "whatever" kind of deal for Smile, he only stuck to it because it's the only thing he can see Peco shine in, he's not interested in the sport as much as he's interested in Peco being a hero.

Because they're Germans.

Why i got so powerful vibes of Tekkonkinkreet from this.

Same author.

>Aku no Hana used rotoscope poorly though

It's a surprise since the animation studio used rotoscope for a part in macademy wasshoi and it was pretty good.

QUALITY thread?

If 5 year olds could produce art like Ping Pong I'd say we need more 5 year olds in the industry.

>art
>that

lol, looks like dogshit made in MSpaint

Peco was the most succesful because he had talent and also fun while playing.
For me it felt more like "even if you try as hard as possble, people that just have fun during it might get better, so do both"

Thanks forgot this masterpiece gonna rewatch it

dont forget to subscribe

>looks at single frame from an exaggerated motion in an alternative artstyle
>judges entire artstyle based on this

I loved the art direction but got kinda bored at some point. Dunno man, I wasn't getting into the drama or the characters

its an exaggeration /stretch/smear frame. which good animation is supposed to have in the first place. drawing every single frame to look exactly consistent and polished sucks the fun out of the movement and makes it look stilted and awkward like early rotoscoping (see: the fairy in Disney's Pinocchio.)

Even if you're good at something, don't bother doing it if you don't enjoy it.
Even if you suck, as long as you have fun, you have the potential to be a champion.

>Even if you suck, as long as you have fun, you have the potential to be a champion.
That's not true at all. Please quit reading so much sports manga.

>Even if you suck, as long as you have fun, you have the potential to be a champion.
Where did you even get that bs from?

Because that's what it's called

they are probably translating the word 卓球. so it makes sense.

Spbp