You have 10 seconds to explain why you don't think Jojo is the best Shonen of all time

You have 10 seconds to explain why you don't think Jojo is the best Shonen of all time.

Depending on your answer I may have to kick your ass.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Jojo is gay

Can't use SBR since that's seinen.

youtube.com/watch?v=nc_LIR5ExIU

Araki has great ideas for powers but no idea how to write fights and an even worse time have consistent plots.

>best shonen
>posts seinen

Its highs are some of the highest in the industry, but its lows are some of the lowest as well.

The good thing is that it never gets offensively bad, so when you're done reading all the boring shit that didn't stick fades away while the adrenaline pumping emotional moments are still fresh in your mind.

Araki at this point has perfected the art of making final villains, and ultimately a final villain is the final impression on those who read a work, so people leave most jojo arcs feeling great and hyped.

Compare to FMA, a series which is very good all around but had a terrible final villain.

>there are people in Sup Forums who ACTUALLY thinks JoJo is good

Because it's nowhere near the best? Joe exists, Black Jack exists, Phoenix exists, Terra e exists, etc.

>Compare to FMA, a series which is very good all around but had a terrible final villain.

Yup can confirm. Both the 2003 and manga have mediocre tier villains. The author just couldn't keep up with the early hype of guys like Scar or the first homoculus appearances. Well she did plagiarize most of her early work so there's that.

the early parts are incredibly campy for my tastes to the point that they cannot be taken seriously without putting yourself in the mood of "it's supposed to be that way so I'll enjoy it cause I have to."

Later parts try to be "bizarre" and the characters react that way, but I'm just not feeling it.

typical rehash story from the past with new graphics

I love JoJo, but it's way too inconsistent and there aren't really signs of the writing improving until Part 4. And part 7 and 8 aren't even shounen.

>proceeds to post generic animu trash

Part 8 is basically shonen except without the censorship and editor meddling. So it's like a superior shounen in every way without the 2 edgy 2 deep drawbacks of most seinein.

I don't think you know what you're saying.

Yeah I do. How about you faggot?

I really love Black Jack when it's great but there's a lot of disposable stories too. I've not finished Phoenix but the second story arc alone is probably the best Tezuka thing I've come across in terms of story and themes, absolutely amazing (the first arc had more experimental and fun art though).
>The good thing is that it never gets offensively bad
Caesar's death was offensively bad in an otherwise fantastic Part
Parts 1-6 are shonen, SBR onwards switched to a seinen mag because the fans grew up (kind of like Kinnikuman but not as extreme as literally running in fucking Playboy)

The shonen parts can be pretty great as far as fighting shonen goes, but part 3 is overrated as fuck and I could never bring myself to finish it.

I guess you could call me a hypocrite because I love the Cyborg 009 manga when it has a similar 'non-stop fighting and crazy shit' execution, but there's still significantly more story stuff there and I just didn't find the characters in part 3 very likable. I'm generally not a fan of 'silent badass' protags so most of the time Jotaro didn't do it for me outside of the rare moment when he got more expressive, Joseph got hugely neutered over the years and the other guys I can barely remember what they were like. I didn't even get to a lot of iconic scenes people cum over because there was too much boring enemy-of-the-week to go through.
The early parts are definitely self aware dude. Way moreso than its big influence Fist of the North Star which feels so full of itself.

In retrospect Jotaro is a great character, though his character isn't "finished" until part 6.

Part 7 actually started as a shonen iirc. And with part 6 there was already a progressive change of tone. I doubt being a shonen artist was really holding him back much. It's also possible he stopped giving a fuck about mass appeal because he's rich enough but still wants to keep drawing or something, which is why Jojolion and the second half of Steelball run are so great.

As I said I don't think it switched to have more freedom but because the demographic grew up. I don't think Jojo is the kind of series that Japanese kids will forever care about like Dragonball probably is, so once the fans grow up you can just switch it to a different publication.

For all I know I could be wrong and I'm just assuming, but I think it makes sense.

Its not Hunter X Hunter

didn't jojo become less popular as it became more drama heavy and character focused?

I have no idea, but that could be the case in Japan given they love Part 3 so goddamn much.

On the other hand, isn't Phantom Blood popular in Japan? I mean, it got a movie, and as shit as it turned out to be (I'm not even basing this on the meme opinion - the visual execution was horrible in those leaked 15 minutes) I think the fact that it was made to begin with could at least mean something. It also got an entire video game dedicated to it. And well, Phantom Blood had fighting but also a lot of drama and character stuff.

Aaaaaaand your ass is kicked !

What this guy said

The drama/character stuff in Phantom Blood was pretty shallow.

Something like part 6 probably alienated the readers with having a female JoJo and all plus the ending is basically a tragedy.

Ringo was a faggot

">"there are people in Sup Forums who ACTUALLY thinks Jojo isn't good

HxH seems very cool and I wanna get into it one day, but the fans' reasons for liking it tend to be really gay and stupid like "it's mature for a shonen", "it's better than Naruto" or "it's horribly drawn, you read it by ignoring all the good composition, paneling, dynamic action, interesting design and other positive elements and only paying attention to the speech bubbles because I'm a baby and can only judge art quality by level of detail"

I mean yeah some of the rushed weekly releases are legit shit but they're redone for the volume releases so it doesn't even matter

While I'm talking about art Araki has never gotten good at anatomy and other /ic/-approved technical things and probably never will and Jojo's art is good for other reasons

Japan HATES tragic messed up endings. No one there liked the Devilman manga, the Ideon movie or End of Evangelion :^)
>actually reading the hideous color versions
lol c'mon dude

part 5
>cast full of male stripper fuccbois
part 6
>jojo is a slutty female who would fuck anything that moves
what went wrong?

>Jotaro
>great character

Please explain

>While I'm talking about art Araki has never gotten good at anatomy and other /ic/-approved technical things
I agree with this and I really love both Araki and Togashi's art

I don't get what you're trying to say, you think the fans consider it badly drawn? Because they don't. Not the ones on Sup Forums, at least, most people in HxH threads are intelligent enough to know that even the placement of speech bubbles is part of page composition and Togashi is a great panelist.

jojo was never about that unlike those three that you listed

I like jojo, but I like Dragon Ball even more.

Stay in your containment thread, faggot.

Problem?

I remember when people from JoJo threads were universally known as goodposters

Truly his father's son

He develops over the course of several parts and becomes a full-fledged character by part 6, completing his arc.