Name a single SoL anime better than K-On

Name a single SoL anime better than K-On.

Pro-tip: You can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kskU-yZc_yo
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9DDxlSCKQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Lurk for 2 years before posting.

K-on not even the best k-on.

That goes to sora no woto

You're right.

wtf does that even mean

I like K-On, but no, you're wrong.

>wtf

Akage no Anne. K-On killed SoL

youtube.com/watch?v=kskU-yZc_yo
hirasawa yui and aki tokisaki a shit

non non biyori

This.

Reminder to sage and report this rec thread.

>i only like my anime as a bland imitation of 1960s american television

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys

Azumanga easily.

I can't. I actually can't. It's the best.

The characters mesh together better than any other group, they actually grow over the course of the show in meaningful and subtle ways. It's got the perfect balance of comedy and seriousness, and really poignant emotional moments. I like it a lot. People say it's mundane but I find it calming, it's therapeutic in its mundanity.

Not that they're better, but Takahata WMT or Doremi are as good, I think. Depending on how broadly you define slice of life I'm sure there's more you could add.

K-On season 2

Lucky Star. There, I win.

I hated every character in this show except for Renge and the girl who owned the candy store

they were so grating. if I had to describe this show I'd say "forced sentimentality". like, I knew what I was SUPPOSED to be feeling, but I wasn't feeling it.

the Renge-focused episodes were the best ones.

Hidamari Sketch. K-On is in second place though.

>forced sentimentality". like, I knew what I was SUPPOSED to be feeling, but I wasn't feeling it.
I thought I was alone on this. NNB did nothing for me.

This.

I think it was aimed at people that never lived somewhere rural. I grew up in a small town so it didn't really do a ton for me.

I just thought it was really dull. Nothing stood out narratively or artistically or whatever, just a fairly by the books comedy. Art sucked too.

Non Non Biyori

Here you go.

Read the manga, dropped it when they went on a treasure hunt and the treasure was their experience I mean seriously, fuck off Aria.

>watch K-ON
>"Wow, that was amazing! I finally see the value of CGDCT shows and renounce my pleb entry-level ways! I can't wait to see what else this genre has to offer!"

>watch another CGDCT
>it's not as good as K-ON
>watch another
>watch another
>watch another

Why did I have to start with the best one? Everything after is just trying to chase the dragon.

That's the problem with genre defining shows.

Yeah I had the same experience.

When the city is as beautiful as neo-venezia that is still one hell of a treasure.

Yeah... right!

It didn't age well.

Is Keion the most succesful cute girls doing cute things show? LoveLive is an idol show first so it doesn't count.

It aged just fine. Everything still holds up.

Didn't Garupan recently outsell it? Maybe just the film.

The only argument against it being a better anime than K-On, is to argue it doesn't count as an anime at all. That's the only way it stands a chance. It's time-tested classic vs late night anime for otaku basement-dwellers.

all SoL animones are shit though

Only the film but that was because it had 4DX showings which are much more expensive. Number of tickets sold was actually lower I believe, or around the same.

Super Sonico The Animation. It was comfier and had more music. K-on used Fuwa Fuwa Time several times, if I remember correctly.

Interesting, I didn't know that.

>K-on used Fuwa Fuwa Time several times
That's like saying "Beach Boys used Good Vibrations several times". It's their signature song.

I don't think a bunch of highschool girls would have a large catalog of music.

K-On aired on a primetime slot and its viewership was almost 40% female. But facts don't matter, do they? Take your nostalgia goggles off.

citations don't matter either, huh?

They actually do, which is the funny thing. Lots of cool stuff on the albums that don't appear in the show.

K-On didn't air on prime time. It re-aired on non-otaku slots after it was already popular.

Patlabor

Which proves it has power beyond its core otaku demographic--otherwise Disney wouldn't have picked it up and it wouldn't have so many female fans (while most CGDCT shows are about 99% male fanbases). KyoAni simultaneously appeals to the otaku core and a mainstream audience--one more reason why they're the best in the business and far better than the anime version of what my mom washed when she was 10.

On the next exciting episode of "user's never read a book," user tries to compare non non biyori to shakespeare.

Why you gotta give K-On! a bad name with dumb posts like that?

newfag confirmed

Yeah, I know it's originally a western novel--perfect symbolism for the fact that it was an imitation of Western animation at a time when anime was just starting to develop its own identity. Were it not for the European dubs it would have been forgotten in the same way that Chinese imitation "anime" is a non-starter.

substitute "azumanga" for "keion" and you guys might almost have a point

As it is you just sound like retards

>The only argument against it being a better anime than K-On, is to argue it doesn't count as an anime at all.

and round and round we go. I'm not even saying it's a masterpiece, it's just you set the bar pretty low with K-On, not hard to beat that. It has the great writing and characters from the book but absolutely nothing else. K-On has the good visual direction of KyoAni but is below average in characters and writing. (Well for anime standards it's probably above average since anime characters are usually shitty dere characters)

Azumanga is an okay comedy but not much of a SOL

the manga is better anyways

>it's a crossboarder

azumanga has been very much genre-defining for SoL. Keion very much worked within its formula.

It was a good rendition, but let's not pretend it was less derivative than it was. Nor should we ignore the way Azumanga set the mold.

there's a difference between genre-defining like
>"it set the foundation for the genre and invented common tropes etc"
and genre-defining like
>"it is the peak of the genre, it does everything perfectly and is the logical conclusion"

azumanga is the former, i'd consider k-on the latter

How can someone hate Nattsun?

My nigga

Don't mind the weebs OP

this place is plebbit 2.0 nowadays, All about that hivemind, hugbox/safespace, and no productive discussions whatsoever, put some pleb/poser/hipster taste and you have your daily intake of cancer and autism

>Non Non, Lucky Star, or any overrated moeshit best than K-On

K-On is THE moeshit, Non Non Biyori is just painfully slow, but when you call it out for it you get the salty Sup Forumsutists rage:

> You just need to '' turn you brain off '' and enjoy the most confy anime of all time

Ahhh no, if we could turn off our brain we would not even watch anime, we would watch paint get dry, Non Non is just shit, Renge is the only good thing to come out that show, but I still don't even recommend anyone to see it because it painfully tries to hard to be confy and all moe when it simply isn't it

Also Renge is overrated shit since the weebs/normies took over, not only her herself but her ''nyampasu'' is the ultimate normie/weeb salute to spread cancer everywhere around the internet

>TL;DR
Tasteless weebs trying to prove they have taste will hate K-ON because Sup Forums told them so, while saying Non Non Biyori is even close to being something decent

Non Non Biyori.

>Forced drama
>Forced animation
>Forced sentimentality

Damn, is there anything they can't force?

Takahata is better. Doremi is too at its best but it has like 200 episodes so it suffers from mediocrity at times.

Meanwhile I think people overrate Iyashikei like Aria and NNB quite a bit simply because of muzak, low energy and long average shot length.

K-on is the most popular late night sol anime. I will give you that.

>Name a single SoL anime better than K-On.

LOGH

>Tasteless weebs trying to prove they have taste will hate K-ON because Sup Forums told them so

What are you even talking about?

This is a stupid question. You might as well ask which season of Fairy Tail is the best. Who cares, they all suck.

>The bullshit all anime is crap, therefore all taste is relative you can't judge anything! my taste is just as good is yours

Just end your life my man, this is the same stupid shit philosophy college shitters say when they are asked to do a discussion

> YOU CAN'T PROVE NOTHING, THEREFORE I KNOW I KNOW NOTHING, THEREFORE NOTHING IS REALLY IMPORTANT, THEREFOR THIS CONVERSATION IS POINTLESS THEREFORE.......

No, anime is crap nowadays because of the industry milking it of the tasteless turds like you, but if you act like idolcrap, generic moeshit, Fairy Cancer are on the same level as K-ON, Eva, Non Non Biyori or even Naruto you are a stupid african american and should really learn how to discuss instead of taking everything to a personal side

Thats why the anime industry is shit nowadays, your average viewer can't enjoy criticism or respect people who try to defend the integrity of the culture

Most of them. K-On is barely mid tier.

And the manga is pure garbage, the anime staff turning that pile of shit into something watchable was a true achievement

name one thing K-On does different that other SoLs don't

Will Sup Forums ever have a thread without memes ever again?

I can't desu.

K-On S2

>idolcrap
>generic
>moeshit
>cancer
>"criticism"

Nothing, it just does it all better.

Soundtrack wise
ARIA > Sora no Woto > K-ON
fight me

I haven't watched very many, but among them it is the one I've enjoyed the most. It's got a neat mixture of functional storytelling and really strong, dynamic characters that interact very well.

NNB shares some of that but the characters are a lot weaker and completely static. Sora no Woto also has less defined characters, on top of a story that takes a lot of suspension of disbelief to be accepted, even if you take it just as the device it is.

Euphonium and ReLIFE should be worth mentioning, but they're not really SoL.

the autism in this thread gave me cancer btw

Keion S2.

K-On! doesn't even have lolis

>Name a single anything better than K-On.
i can't

I was on Sup Forums when it first came out.

I still hate it

Lucky Star

>Ahhh no, if we could turn off our brain we would not even watch anime, we would watch paint get dry,
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb9DDxlSCKQ

>if we could turn off our brain we would not even watch anime, we would watch paint get dry,
Sup Forums - the quote

Non Non Biyori took the crown of best SoL quite a while ago.

>you are a stupid african american
Why so formal? You already called him stupid, might as well call him a nigger while you're at it.

K-on is not even near as good as things like Hidamari Sketch or Ichigo Mashimaro.

GaruPan had less tickets sold than Madoka and Keion. The average ticket price was 1/3 higher though.

>trying this hard

Is it some kind of post-ironic meme to say Sora no Woto is actually good?

Still one of my favorites
Though my experience in the SoL genre is limited.

K-On started really slow for me, when does it pick up?

>Ichigo Mashimaro
Good god, that was a mediocre series. I even dropped K-On and I still think it's better than IM, which I finished

>K-On started really slow for me, when does it pick up?
S2

>says K-On is slow
>loves Azumanga
user you are giving me the confusion