PUBLIC SPEAKING

Does Sup Forums have any advice on public speaking? How do you captivate a room and sway the masses?

I just gave a speech at a school function - it was fine, but a bit rigid and plain. How do you become a better orator? Is experience the only path to success?

tell the truth and give results.

Just really believe in and understand whatever you're talking about, right some key points and phrases down, and just speak from the heart. Impassioned and a little sloppy is always better than recited and clean.

*write
Way to shoot myself in the foot

Do not care about what they think. Just speak in the most malicious way like if you were to rape a 16yo loli

Imagine everyone in the audience naked. This won't help the speech but it's great material for wanking. I do it when I visit schools

1. know your audience
2. prepare your oratory well by organizing both sides of the argument (if a persuasive speech). By arguing both sides it presents the idea you are willing to change your mind. This is important in persuasion because if you appear willing to explore both sides your audience will too.
3. practice in front of a mirror or better yet, video yourself then watch said video
4. Do not preach but conversate. Avoid being monotone (video helps) and utilize movement (blocking) in the speech to emphasize main points or to help you recall those places you have a hard time remembering.
5. relax, you got this
break a leg user

You have to be passionate about the issue IRL. Also klonopin....

Daily reminder hitler was on amphetamines, which can make any cuck feel powerful and confident

The best advice you'll get is, know 3x as much about the subject as you plan on speaking about. That is to say, don't speak on things you don't know a lot about.

Example: Planning to give a 20 minute speech on taxes? Know an hour's worth of information about taxes.

It allows you to give more organic speeches by being able to go on tangents without having to worry about running out of things to say. Then it becomes more of a conversation and your audience gets more involved then.

Do it a lot. Hitler got great at giving speeches and swaying people by first arguing with people at the men’s home he was living in and moved up to beer halls and larger venues. Doing it a lot made him great at it.

OP did you abandon your POST?
not cool

>tfw I was raised a Jehovah Witness and you need to learn public speaking from a young age

You need word flow. If you don't know what you're saying it sounds like shit. Don't studder.

You need passion but not so much passion you sound like an autist. Know when to pause but don't pause too long.

Pronunciation is important but don't overdo it. If you overdo you sound like you're trying to be a smartfag

And lastly you must be attractive. People don't give a shit about what you're saying unless you're attractive. If you're not attractive you need to be 100% when you speak.

Also if serious about it, practice in your room all the time. ANY CHANCE YOU GET EVEN IF ITS IN YOUR HEAD

Fuck off Serena you worthless nigger.

>experience
It's just like being a frontman for a band.
Some people can learn a great number of tricks.
Some can just keep doing it and learn from mistakes.
Some have a burning desire to do it but aren't very good.
Then there's those ones with that ingredient X, a completely undefinable quality that allows them to take energy from the audience, transmute it and feed it back.
The best comedians, speakers, singers and leaders have this quality, it's nameless but you know it when you see it. Speaking isn't a chore or a stress to them, they thrive on it. Henry Rollins is neither a great vocalist, lyricist or thinker, but it's possible for people to sit listening to him until their asses are sore. He gives it his all and never gets complacent. The decades of practice are real too.
The best speech i've ever heard was by Brad Pitt at the Live8 concert. On the news you see these modern politicians, basically managers and suits reading speeches written for them, bland as hell.
Real leaders and rousing speakers are not trusted anymore. Rockwell was a great speaker and if his unbalanced minion hadn't waxed him i think he would have had a terrible accident.
TLDR some have it some never will

this made me kek, reminded me of lazlow from gta

practice by speaking to statues

You have to get the audience emotionally involved. Strong imagery, stories, jokes, whatever it takes to get your point to resonate

Literally just practice. I used to be shit at public speaking and was terrified of it. Then i went to university and did a course where i had to present to my peers about once a week. Sometimes i'd fuck up massively and stutter or forget what i was supposed to say for about 10 seconds ect. eventually i'd became better at it and fucked up less. I still don't really like public speaking and im no great orator, but it doesnt fill me with dread anymore.

Take a razor with you when you practice. Whenever you notice that you've chosen a word that is inexact or otherwise suboptimal, cut yourself but don't let your (at this point imagined) audience notice. This way you condition your mind to make perfect choices for words and keep a good speech regardless of any distraction (including severe pain). If this is too big of a commitment for you then stop asking about real good speech and go back to your little school clubs

Be aware of your voice. Even if you are not feeling very confident, if you talk confident anyways, it will overshadow anything. Remember that Pro-Feminism speech Emma Watson gave before the UN once? It was horrible. Absolutely horrible, and this is ignoring the actual content fo the speech. Her voice sounded like she was on the verge of cracking up and starting to cry every second. She didn't seem to have enough breath, her voice sounded more like a wimper than powerful.

Barrister trick: place one hand palm down firmly on a solid surface (e.g. table / lecturn) while speaking.

This will make you feel solid and steady, and will go a long way to calming your nerves.

It is a simple trick and once you try it, you will do it each time you speak in public.

It works. Try it. Thank me later.

I once had to read from a book about a guy called Pieros to a room of elderly people. English equivalent of how that is in my language is basically Fartron. I managed to disguise my uncontrolled giggling as coughing like I had lung cancer and brain problems combined every time I read about the exploits of Fartron in which his name came up