Why do so many believe in God despite the fact that there is zero evidence for its existence?

Why do so many believe in God despite the fact that there is zero evidence for its existence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E
youtube.com/watch?v=0tYm41hb48o
youtube.com/watch?v=BAIHs5TJRqQ
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/03/why-people-with-no-religion-are-projected-to-decline-as-a-share-of-the-worlds-population/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There's no evidence God does not exist either

Because they don't like the idea that life sucks for no reason.

Same reason why people believe in evolution

people need meaning in their lives

Christopher is low level beta-tier. Peter is the better brother

>it's another "atheist says there is no reason to believe in God and then refuses to consider anything you show him that contradicts this" thread

Belief in god is not an empirical belief.

>Looks around
>Sees universe
Everything is evidence of Gods existence.

Because it's what he would have wanted

>mfw materialist brainlets cannot comprehend the fact that God is not a literal dude in the sky.

Divine Conservation and the arguments for it are the most basis intro for western theistic thought, OP.
Hitchens' quote is terribly ignorant and seems to not know what religion even is.

Why do so many believe there is no God despite the fact there is zero evidence for it not existing?

>nobody can actually prove the big bang happened because they werent there
>the big bang is still a theory yet you """"""believe""""""" it happened
>making fun of Christians for having faith isn't hypocritical

The concept of god and religion are useful.

If you can't comprehend that then you need to be older mentally then you are now.

Philosophers have argued that God must exist

be cause you gotta have faith.

youtube.com/watch?v=6Cs3Pvmmv0E

>believe
>zero evidence
accept that something is true, especially without proof.
The whole point is to believe Jesus Christ suffered and died for our sins to be saved, that's called faith, that's what saves.

>Why do so many believe there is no God despite the fact there is zero evidence for it not existing?

Because it's hard to hold the following two thoughts in your mind at once:

>The empirical state of the universe is irrelevant to the existence of god.
>God exists.

I'm not saying you can't... it's just a hard tightrope to walk.

>then

>faith based on objectivity vs faith based on good feels and peer pressure

Because our universe is impossible without a supernatural being.

Our existence is completely illogical which is the first piece of evidence for God.

I used to be a materialist brainlet, then over a few years I had experiences thst shattered my views of materialism. I'm eternally thankful for those experiences.

What if God is a 4 deminsional creature?

Must suck to not realize with 100% certainty that God is real and that the Holy Bible is the word of God.

Seriously I feel bad for people who don't know this and instead wander around aimlessly with no answers.

Do you mean the Biblical God, or a higher being in general?

Hitchens was a good reporter but he should of stuck to it because he is a lousy debater and wannabe philosopher.

youtube.com/watch?v=0tYm41hb48o

What proof is there for god then?

The difference between the Big Bang and god is the Big Bang is consistent with everything else in physics, as far as we know.

God isn't, it requires we suspend our entire understand of reality to entertain the idea, for no good reason

Agnostics/atheism implies nihilism, which brings destruction of all things noble from this earth. I'll side with God. Better Don Quixote than a nihilist consumer.

Divine Conservation.

Why would anyone listen to a man who pops his collar all the way up?

why is atheism dying that my question?

because the alternative is hanging out with fuckwits like you that worship iphones and apple logos.

keep believing in a book faggot lol

Kek

What is Divine Conservation?

Why are whites dying?

because its a metaphor and you're too dumb to realise that.

I am really starting to hope that God exists considering how fucked the world is. At this point I don't know how we could possibly be saved without divine intervention.

What sort of evidence would you expect to see, exactly?

The Big Bang theory isn't consistent with physics at all, it ignores cause and effect, one of the primal laws of physics.

Believe whatever you want, or nothing at all. In the end, we will all be just as dead.
Suit yourself - just don't bother me about it, or ask me to live by your invisible playmate's rules.

Story time?

What proof is there for Divine Conservation?

>show me proof
>i just believe he's there
Absolutly retarded both of you.
Protip: sit the fuck down and look inside your mind.

It is what happened to Socrates when he consulted the oracle at Delphi. Socrates called it the logos and he listened. Then he shitposted all of the elite in Athens, demanded righteousness of the youth and then they convicted him of corrupting said youth.

Kinda like a one man /pol kekked up wrecking cru.

Because people are scared and brain washed. Just watch them. They scare themselves to stay faithful. It's fucking strange

"Cause and Effect" is not one of the laws of physics.

>he types on his computer sitting in his air conditioned home

>zero evidence
The existence of the universe and the testimonies of the Bible prove that statement false. You might not think that's sufficient, but it's not zero. Besides, Faith, as the name implies, does not require evidence. If you accept Jesus as your lord and saviour, he will send the Holy Spirit to testify to your heart.

Yes it is.

There's your answer OP.

Same here, user.

Hardcore atheist into my 30s, then it happened.
I found God.

everyone just thinks in terms of He or She.
God is not a who.
When he speaks to you, it doesn't matter what you believe.
You will know.

>In the end, we will all be just as dead

If only the wicked had things that easy

The Aristotelian proof, a classic. Very good since the only assumption it makes is that change occurs

youtube.com/watch?v=BAIHs5TJRqQ

>because its a metaphor and you're too dumb to realise that.

But it's just not factually true that it's a metaphor. Many people consider it a metaphor. But those people are called atheists and catholics.

That does not explain what it is only where and when it might have happened.

Because the alternative is to believe in you and you are a faggot.

no, the belief you nitwit.

I mean remember the good old days of atheism during 2006 those were the days
no its all shit.

This isn't an argument and clearly dodges the question.

Yes it seems like there are very little arguments in favor of belief in a religious deity but people believe it anyway because it makes them feel good. These same people claim to be 'red pilled'.

Christopher is more accomplished in every single way. Peter is Jannety.

Post some evidence/arguments then.

Can you elaborate? Are you saying that because things appear designed that this proves God?

I've never doubted that these concepts are useful ideas, so why make this point? I think religion is a great tool to cull the masses but surely we shouldn't just forsake reason and believe in things which aren't true just for the sake of their usefulness? I'm sure ignoring IQ and race exist is a useful concept for liberals but this doesn't mean that race and IQ are false just because they are

Faith is believing in things without evidence. This doesn't answer my question.

It's called faith because it's not evidence. If you had evidence/proof you wouldn't need faith.

Not true, cosmologists and physicists can explain origins without referencing in an unknown identity that may or may not exist.

Accepting one book as the source of eternal truth and wisdom may be easy but it's intellectual cowardice.

Not necessarily, nihilism is compatible with atheism yes but nihilism doesn't necessarily follow from atheism.

It's not. Atheists have gone silent because we don't care anymore as we've found the intellectual battle. Most kids and teenagers growing up are atheists.

This isn't really an argument against atheism but against atheists.

Atheism is no longer popular or cool. No one cares about or is interested in it anymore desu. It's no longer seen as edgy or interesting. Even "TheAmazingAtheist" has changes his name to TJKirk on Youtube and no longer talks about Atheism because he knows that no one gives a shit anymore. So this is actually very lame of you. Honestly it's actually kind of a pathetic, boring, aimless and ultimately empty attempt at attention seeking without any end goal. So no one is gonna support Atheism in large numbers anymore.

shit

>it ignores cause and effect,
No it doesn't. The actual theory isn't that pop science rubbish "there was nothing then suddenly an explosion and now there's everything"

The theory simply describes the history of our universe up to a certain point, it doesn't describe anything before the bang. That doesn't mean there was nothing, but simply we don't know what there was before the bang. We don't know the cause.

I posted a video here

Christopher Hitchens was a reddit-tier edgelord douchebag.
>all of the greatest philosophers were religious
>all of the greatest scientists credited with the greatest achievements/discoveries throughout history were religious

Maybe your godlessness is the reason you country is a bloody disaster m8

No one cares about the thoughts in your head unless you influnce people. So suck your own dick fag and stop posting. Youll believe what you want, and youre a fag, if i was there now id piss on you and slap you accross the face and make you recite all of psalms.

God isn't incompatible with physics. He's the reason physics exists.

>Not true, cosmologists and physicists can explain origins without referencing in an unknown identity that may or may not exist.

No they can't and you know they can't.

But why are whites dying out as a race?

I've seen pictures of the good old days when just about everybody in america and europe was white.

Now it's all niggers.

You're an idiot. You asked for answers, not arguments.

It is clearly a metaphor.
Anyone who takes it literally is an idiot. Anyone who completely discards its significance is also an idiot.
The Bible is obviously a self help book to guide humans through their own existence.
I am astonished most people can't grasp this.

That essentially ordered causal series must have a beginning to them in each moment.
I'd recommend looking into it.

An explanation for the constant continuing of reality moment-to-moment. Look it up.

Because so many of them fell for atheist sophistry.

>Christian birthrate: 3.4 children per woman
>Muslim birthrate: 3.1 children per woman
>Atheist/irreligious: 1.7 children per woman
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/04/03/why-people-with-no-religion-are-projected-to-decline-as-a-share-of-the-worlds-population/

You want me to listen through an entire hour of some guy giving a speech to get your argument for you? I skiped to 6 minutes in and the dick was still explaining what he was going to do.

>The theory simply describes the history of our universe up to a certain point, it doesn't describe anything before the bang. That doesn't mean there was nothing, but simply we don't know what there was before the bang. We don't know the cause.

It's amazing how that went right over your head, they ignored cause and effect - what happened before the big bang theory or how the matter and anti-matter came into existence.

So now you're saying atheists are a majority?
I thought they were an extreme minority....

I guess Atheism's doing a lot better than we thought.

I already inb4d this response Not everything in life can be learned through Sup Forums posts, sweetie

That is nonsense and you know it. The bible doesn't support that at all, and neither does common sense. If god is consistent with physics then he isn't all powerful

Most people in Poland are not even die-hard Christians, but we go to church because it's USEFUL to believe that your life is meaningful, so you don't turn into degenerate, nihilistic fucks with no direction in life, and there's a lot of wisdom in it as well. It also helps preserve our culture and build a sense of community which is kinda a big deal for us for historical reasons

this. people are jealous of those with faith because because they are too cold and unfeeling or haven't the work necessary to confirm God. So they take the easy way out and try to debate people about it.

The Big bang was never an explanation for the origin of the universe it is simply our estimations for what it looked like in the past. Incidentally everything that we can currently observe was once in such a dense and superheated area that our current means of prediction cannot guarantee any model of what came before.

Physics and the laws that govern this world can't exist without God and I notice how you don't attack God but the bible, hmmmmm?

Is the God of the bible the true God user? Do you believe in him but hate him? (that's a rhetorical question, I already know you will lie.)

Aetheism: nothing matters, so why bother

Christianity: everything matters, so put 100% into everything

It's not hard to see why Christianity propelled the west into dominance

That doesn't make sense unless you hold a view of God not consistent with any classical philosopher. Where God is conceptually like a wizard. It's a bullshit understanding, m8.

Hell is gonna suck so much bro accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior before it is too late.

Deep down you know I'm right and it terrifies you.

only most gullible people believe in "God", others who claim it do it for reasons explained by Machiavelli

Your ideals are important. What kind of life would you build if you believed life sucked for no reason? How would you be willing to treat other people?

I'm trying to be a decent person, and that alienates me from all social groups. Life does suck, but I think it's because so few people want to be better than their former self... just better than their fellow man.

Yeah, a metaphor for things that actually exist, but are hard to describe in language because humans can't empirically perceive God and other dimensions.

Oh hi self righteous shill I was waiting for you to show up. I asked for the argument and you told me to watch some guy jerk himself off for 10minutes+ before actually getting into the argument. Your alternative could have been idk. Something like presenting the cores of that argument yourself?

But Alchemy sounds so much cooler than Chemistry.

Religion ends and science begins* if anything

There is evidence that the Christian God doesn't exist.

if we actually had physical evidence of god I'm not sure you could actually call that god.

The Bible clearly states God exists outside space-time (eternal heaven).

I did that right here and here
Please do not ignore.

Whether you are a non believer or a believer... The world was better with Christopher Hitchens. Would have loved to hear him talk about trump and the Kurdistani revolution.

ITT: edgy meme-tier sophist worshipping knobheads who think the concept of intelligent design necessitates the existence of a bearded sky wizard
>wew lad

Atheism was always cringey neckbeard faggotry you just didn't see it yet in 2006.

Same with stuff like Obama and Jon Stewart. They didn't turn bad. They were always bad. It was just a bunch of edgy kids who thought they knew better than their super lame Christian parents.

Thin

I believe life is incredibly precious and unlike Christians I believe this is our only life so I have to make the best of it. It's Christianity which is nihilistic because it says our time on this Earth is meaningless and the afterlife is the true life. Why make all these scientific breakthroughs and achievements then? Why advance as a species? Why work hard? After all, just wait for the after life. Atheists enjoy life more, make more money and propel humanity forward.