3-gatsu

What went wrong?

Was not milking more Monogatari a mistake?

3 Gatsu is garbage

>Was not milking more Monogatari a mistake?
They can only milk so fast.

They have never made a SoL and as a result have no experience in the pacing of the genre. This resulted in multiple slow boring scenes that killed the enjoyment factor of the show.

It is Flying Witch all over again. Hopefully they find their footing soon and recover the show.

Their staff have worked on the same thing over and over for half a decade and have no idea how to do anything else.

You have to be a real mainstream shit stain to be a Gatari fan.

Like no dignity.

>What went wrong?
Nothing?

>It's flying witch all over again
What are you talking about. Flying witch is a perfect example of a good paced SOL and if you think otherwise you are full o shit.

There's nothing wrong about their adaptation really apart from some Shaft autism

Go rewatch the first 5 or 6 episodes and say that.

My biggest complaints are certain scenes (beginning of episode 2 for example) which are oh so wacky look how Shaft we are to the point of being jarring, almost belittling a lot of the preceding character development. Also the character designs look retarded a lot of the time.

Not him but I watched it all recently and it's consistently great. It's at the right level of being slow and comfy without getting too boring.

Would I like Flying Witch if I consider NNB to be a bit stale?

Can we combine this daily forced meme with the redditgahara meme? That would really help keep all the cancer in one place.

Thats how it is in thecmanga. Shaft pretty much adapted it panel for panel.

I'd give it a shot at least. Flying Witch has elements of fantasy which makes it more interesting in terms of setting and is more character driven than NNB.

They should've changed it then.

I'll give it a shot then. I hope the constant masterpiece trolling people did when it was airing holds a bit of truth.

my biggest complaint is that it has realistic characters (sluts) while shaft wants to pander to otaku.
In the end they alienated everyone.

>never made a SoL
They actually made the second best SoL series. But the trio that made it is already dead and the new generation of directors they have all suck.

> What went wrong?

Uh, what DID go wrong? As it is, the show has a great aesthetic style to it and ((so far)) pretty decent animation.

As for the show itself, I'd say it's pretty entertaining.

Shaft

>Uh

I think it's primarily because the animation was subpar. The pacing wasn't good either. Shaft shouldn't have chosen a SOL, they're better with plot oriented things. I think if Kyoto Animation took this series, it would've been adapted better.

It airs at 11pm on NHK.

It's SHAFT's most mainstream anime to date.

Not an argument

>It's SHAFT's most mainstream anime to date.
thy still want to pander hard to that otaku dick, but fail miserably. And normal people are grossed out by it.

t. Retard

People calling 3gatsu SOL are as retarded as onces calling Hyouka SOL. Its seinen drama.

That said, yes - its Shaft that is at fault that they deliver meh result with work that is far superior to say Hibike story.

It's not a slice of life.

Animation was subpar

I'd say it's pretty good for this type of show, sure it's not super high quality, but yeah, considering the content, I don't see why it would need a huge budget.

> I think if Kyoto Animation took this series

Why? Because it would just have better animation? You could say that about basically any show if it was handled by Kyoani, but honestly, I think SHAFT's visual style works well with the tonal shifts and comedically dramatic/sweet moments.

>shaft doing something like 3gatsu
>kyoani doing something like maidragon
Sort of interesting, you would think it'd be switched around. Takemoto can pull off both though.

Dramas are not inheritly SoL

I'm enjoying it.

Big fan of the manga too.

FW is awesome. Go away.
I like Lion too though.

Did mc get raped?

Source material is not suitable for animation. Honey and Clover at least had love melodrama.

yeah me too, i just have the slight suspect this is the daily anti.shaft shitposting thread.

>never made a Sol
Newfags shouldn't be able to post. Lurk moar Faggot

Shaft is guilty of directing it like Monogatari far too often, but 3gatsu has honestly an hard time working in anime form.
It's especially apperent regarding the comedy: jokes that in the manga took just the bottom of a panel have to take the spotlight of a scene and take a considerable amount of time in the anime.
The chapters adapted in episode 4 were pleasant to read, the episode itself was overbearing.

J.C. Staff should've just took the series. They could've made it another H&C.

Its pretty ok if Shaft wants to make this. Just get Kasai as director next time instead. Shitbo as a co-director in this series is retarded

But Shitbo isn't even doing anything is he? Just putting his name on other people's work like always

Tbh the issue is not the studio but direction. A competent director could have been made it an interesting anime with any studio.

Shaft issues is they are TOO faithfull - they just mechanically adapt while not thinking about improving it for animated media.

A good director would cut half the shit, reshape the other half and present it in a pace and order to make it interesting to watch.

Shitbo is a co-director of the series (as fucking always. Dunno why Shaft loves him to much). See those random face close ups? Its his signature style

After O:9 threads, I'm now sure most people attention spam keeps getting lower and lower.

I remember when people were saying the same about the H&C adaption.

No you dont. HnC had great start and whatever issues it had was the relationship drama in the later parts.

Both adaptations have that problem.

The only slut is his foster sister.

Just check the threads between Shaft being announced for the adaption and the start of the show.
Nothing but shitting on JC Staff.

>Nothing but shitting on JC Staff.
Shaft fags being defencive per usual. HnC was great anime and if anything only thing i see in 3gatsu threads is people complaining that Shaft will not be able to pull a new HnC - and they turned out to be correct.

This is literally the best show of the season.

Not even in the top 3
>Hibike
>Drifters
>Flip Flappers

I wouldn't say best, but it's certainly decent enough.

I think the people in this thread are just too eager to shit on shaft. For me at least, it's been entertaining.

>drifters

Replace Drifters with O9 for accuracy

He's talking about the top 3 not the bottom 3

>Drifters
>yuri flap

>Hibike
>Drifters

>all these eop retards claiming shinbo co-director this series

I even had to recheck, and every single episode says shinbo as sole director in the opening
Which is surprised me, because lately he has been doing a general director only, and I found this is the reason why Shaft has gone shit lately.
But 3gatsu and Kizu have been solid so far.

>has a great aesthetic style
too flashy for a sol series

7 goals was not enough, faggot.

you really can't do much when your source material is fucking trash.

I imagine the only people who don't like this are 12 year olds.

I'd rather be a 12 year old than a pseudo intellectual avant-teen Shaftfag.

ok

>I think if Kyoto Animation-

Stopped reading right there

wait the redditgahara spamming guy is a brazilian? really makes you think

hello 12 old

shit thread

leave this thread

>the episode itself was overbearing.
THIS (for all the episodes). The directing style lacks subtlety.

>I think if Kyoto Animation took this series, it would've been adapted better.
This. They would handle the tonal shifts much better too.

still 5 cups

What specifically makes someone say Shaft recycles Monogatari's style? They did several anime with head tilts, acid trip backgrounds, manga references and so on before 2009.

Funny.

hidamari was great

Head tilts aren't the Monogatari styles. It's the fast cut style Oishi used excessively in Bake that people hate because it's overdone by Shaft in the last 7 years. Even Oishi himself didn't overuse it in Kizu pt1 but the hacks that are making the SHAFT TV series use his guidelines like it's the fucking bible.

>I think if Kyoto Animation took this series, it would've been adapted better.
Just watch any of kyoani's shows, you wouldn't beable to tell the difference with their sameface

shaft is so fucking samey and garbage now

>They would handle the tonal shifts much better too
Ahahahah
An adaption made by Kyoani would have been even worse.
Just look at Hibike: inane teenage drama is handled in such an heavy and humorless way it becomes ridicolous. Can you imagine them dealing with death and broken families?
Not to mention how they would have butchered the artstyle.
No, whatever adaption for this manga was a mistake. It was not needed and only attracted shitposting idiots and studio wars.

>stream pleb

Shaft should just stick to Monogatari because they aren't equipped to handle other things.

Shame that Shaft butchered yet another manga.

>KyoAni sameface
Stale meme.

KyoAni fag general?

I'm enjoying it, Hina is very cute

sauce

Like I said, it suits the harsh tonal changes between when Rei is with the sisters vs. when he's by himself. It also worked well with the sudden fast paced cutsie and/or comedic scenes.

Those tonal changes are anxiety inducing. I felt weird about it at first, like the director lost track of what he was doing, until I noticed it actually made me feel something.

>What went wrong?
The cats

>never made an SOL

What are Hidamari Sketch and Koufuku Graffiti, Alex?

Why are you guys so focused on forcing the meme that this show is shit?
It's nothing groundbreaking but it's a cute SoL and that's it.

Shaft really is the ultimate autism filter.

What's so bad about it? I mean it's not the most exciting show but it certainly isn't the worst.

Shaft stays faithful to the source material, unlike kyoani

>Shaft vs. Kyoani fucking AGAIN

- Well, I guess us Shaftfags and you Kyofags will have to learn to live with each other, like Nintendo and Sega.

-Sega's gone, shaftfag. Loooooong gone. You're Sega.

SLIGHT suspect?
It's so obvious. It's a great adaptation so far and if it looked and sounded the exact same but with a different name attached to it, threads like this wouldn't exist.
Anti-Shaft fags are even worse than Shaftfags at this point, it's annoying.
And of course, they're shitposting about KyoAni too. You can't have a thread without the petty and pointless fight against the two studios now, can you?

And that's why KyoAni is better.

Retard.

Everything is fine except the fact that people like you are trying to stir up shit/studio wars.

>Can you imagine them dealing with death and broken families?

Yes? They made After Story