How many of you are over 20 and like super?

How many of you are over 20 and like super?
I can't wrap my head around that someone who grew up with the original dragonball can possibly not only like but even tolerate this absolute garbage super is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFI2iER_WQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

27 guy here. Never been so hyped in years.

21 here and i agree. Super is hot garbage and is only good for comedy. Toryama knows this and thats why the Manga is more comedy than action as it should be. Toei is just too retarded to realize it

Same desu. I'm 33, grew up with Dragonball (manga and anime), I watch Super because I'm curious but other than that it's pretty shit.

im 30 and this shit doesnt exist for me, im even starting to consider dragon ball gt as canon

eeeh, current arc is better than cell arc

Cell arc is easily the worst Z arc

Use the catalog you retard

BoG recap was bad
RoF recap was bad
Tournament was disappointing overall, only the fight with Hit was a bit hype
Black arc is pretty good, the villains are interesting, had some good fights, but some things like GOKU BEING A FUCKING RETARD AND FORGETTING THINGS ALL THE TIME are still dragging it down

SoL filler is usually hit and miss

4/10 that's not my Z

Learn to read and then kill yourself

I never bothered really

Honestly from the threads I see it actually seems pretty hype but I just don't care enough

I liked the Battle of God movie though.

I'm 23, don't watch the anime, but I've liked the manga so far.

28, skipped right to the Black arc.
It's ok, not great, not terrible. Better than GT, but Pan loli hentai brings it up.

29 here. just want to see Mai and Trunks fuck.

25.. I don't get it, It's funny and it has some typical hype DB moments. What more could you really ask from DB?

>How many of you are over 20 and like super?
>I can't wrap my head around that someone who grew up with the original dragonball can possibly not only like but even tolerate this absolute garbage super is

Newsflash, underage hipster-kun: The original Dragon Ball was aimed at little kids as well, just like Super and was hot garbage as an adaption goes.

The only thing stupider than getting high and mighty about a show that was created for little kids is looking down your nose at others, while posting on a board for Japanese cartoons and comics.

Yeah I think most people expect it to be like they remember it from childhood but everything is better as a kid. When you grow up you realize some stuff you watched is deep and intriguing and most of it is shit.

I have no tremendous expectations from Super. I want cool fights( I love that the choreography is back, no more blurry fights) and cool moments from my favorite characters. So my only gripe is no Gohan.
Also 25.

22. The current arc has had some good episodes but overall what Super (Along with revisiting some DBZ episodes) has done for me is drive home that Dragon Ball is marketed towards 8 year olds

Still watching it because I've enjoyed Dragon Ball stuff up to this point so I at least want to know what happens

Rewatch DB before you speak.

>Black arc is pretty good
>the villains are interesting

I've long accepted that most people who say they like Dragon Ball don't even know what Dragon Ball is.

Fuck you I like it. I watched it not because it has awesome graphics (it's fucking toei), but because it's fun and it brought back the shonen in me, after years of watching/reading either hentai or edgyshit

Over 20 here, DBS is astoundingly bad. I seriously can't believe people give this shit a pass when it's worse than GT, and GT was fucking bad. Must be the toriyama name.

Goku is somehow dumber than when he was 12, except it's no longer cute.

Compared to the rest of that shitfest? Yes.

shit got really tiring when I was 12-13 for the Buu saga, I can't fathom anyone even watching anything DBZ related after that.

i skipped the recaps and everything since has been fine. the animation is hot garbage but i've accepted it. latest arc is pretty fun actually.

I came for the opening, would've dropped it after a few episodes but stayed for the fun threads. I guess I follow it ironically at this point or because I never had people to talk about it as I watced DB and Z as a kid.

Maybe this is my naruto.

I actually hate it more.

I used to have a dislike for it, but now, it's just "so bad that it's good", at least to me. I just don't find myself taking it as seriously as used to with the previous shows. Gotta admit that Black Goku is a bit more inventive than usual and lent itself to some surprising twists and some episodes do get their quality animation even if they're few.

Yeah, this is kind of getting really old.

Maybe it's Alzheimer's kicking in. That or his head doesn't work that right after so many blows in it. Eh.

I've been reading the manga but someone said it was shit. Why is that?

Don't really feel like watching super in japanese though.

I'm 27 and really enjoy it. Posting zoomed in images for quality is king of silly. So it isn't as good as the original- it's still fun. I think people who think of it as so much worse as Z are a victim of nostalgia. I'm annoyed at how often people claim it's shit in every single thread. If it's that bad, stop watching it and don't waste your time discussing it week after week.

>current arc is good

The whole arc is traveling back in time get assblasted with stupid rushed ways go back to present heal go back again get assblasted again go back to the present asspull a power up go back again and all this with atrociously bad animation

Give me a break

>people like A
>so why do they like more of A?
Gosh, I wonder if someone can crack this code!

only watch trunks arc

>bumping this shitty thread

By less than three minutes. It was on page 1 when I posted.

And the villain is a fucking clone, so original.

I never seen anyone who likes apples eat rotten ones, have you?
What simple minded sad little retard you're

25 here. I watch it for nostalgia and the fact that it is more enjoyable than most of the shit airing this season.

I'm 20. This arc is pretty fun desu. The episode before the last one was kino, too.

Also Super has given us best bad boy.

It sucks that he's gone forever ;(

But yes, the first arc was ok but unnecessary, the second one blew, and the tournament arc was below average.

Most of the filler is great... except for the stupid Copy Vegeta stuff.

>The Cell arc was bad

When will this meme end?

23 here, retellings are shit
black arc is goat desu
we are watching this show for FREE

>Worse than GT

Literally how? The only thing that you can argue is worse is the animation... and even in GT the animation was fucking ugly. Sure, it didn't have the mistakes of Super, but there was always something off about it. The shading and coloring and lighting made it ugly.

29 here

Watch for nostalgia and because I've watched so many eps at this point if I stop it means it was all for nothing

It's truly a bad show in pretty much every possible way and jap dubs for dragonball are always painful

Sometimes it wasn't even animated. Jobber Squad vs. Super 17 is literally more poorly animated than the broadcast airing episode 5 of Super.

>worse than GT
Whenever someone says this, they either
>Are trolling
>Have never watched GT
>Have objectively shit taste

it's as if it were made by a child for other children rather than an adult (for children)

Don't forget the character designs and Uchiyama's art.

Kid Goku was fucking retarded.

Super has never done anything THAT retarded, and Goku being a kid was the entire premise of GT.

Since when asspulls and forced plot twist are a "meme"?

Right now it's pretty good, it doesn't feel like dragonball thought, feels more like a generic hero anime. Still i like the world building, hope it pays off. It has nothing on toyimaras height thought.

muh nostalgia

Explain

This. I grew up with dragonball and felt like I was growing with Goku as a kid, and I didn't even hate the first half of GT with the space exploration, I thought kid Goku travelling with Pan and Trunks was rad and nostalgic.

I re-watched DBZ as an older teen and got bored out of my mind. I can't even LIKE Super, it epitomizes all of the bad things I hate about dragonball.

Not him, but the Cell arc is constant asspulls. Look no further than the villains of the arc, and the retcons that start almost immediately.

i somewhat liked BoG
RoF was fucking retarded
tournament was ok
black arc was interesting at first but them traveling back 15 times just to get fucked in the ass is getting kinda old so i hope they can wrap it up soon

but the real question is that if vegito comes back does he get to fuck both bulma and chichi

Why is GT Goku mexican?

>These are the androids!
>No, wait, THESE are the androids!
>no no wait a minute, THIS is the android!
>The HTC was always there, we didn't use it because bullshit

32 here, and I enjoy super, he u6 vs 7 tournament was fun and this zamasu arc is pretty great.

I can't read gook.

But Trunks is 2nd best boy of the arc. I don't see a problem with his arrival.

The ROSAT was always there. And I don't see a problem with having multiple villains.

>I never seen anyone who likes apples eat rotten ones, have you?
What if there were suddenly no more apples for 20 years before someone came around with a new batch and it were sour? Some people would still eat it because, in a way, it reminds them of the taste of the apples they used to love.

The fact a human modified others humans and somehow made stronger than frieza and the super sayians is plain up retarded

Anyone over 20 should not enjoy any part of Dragon Ball.

24 here

I prefer the ZAMAS and BLACKED Goku arc over the latter half of DBZ.

Is fun and honestly I like the direction super is taking. To continue with this, with super you have toriyama doing the main story and Toei gets in charge of adapting that story in an animated way and in the other hand you have toyotaro filling the small details and doing his own adaptation of the story with the manga. This gives a different take on the same story and the result is quite interesting.

By far DBS is superior to the Toei garbage that was GT.

The problem doesn't even need you to read moon language, you can see it clear as day:

Trunks' warning was for 19 and 20. It was retconned almost immediately into it being 17 and 18.

Then again it's not the first time it happened, just one of the more blatant.

>The ROSAT was always there.
Good job...?

For as dumb as Super has made Goku, GT Goku forgot how to count at one point. Really.

There are 12 fucking universe and the fought 3 times in the exact same fucking place

Those fucking lazy dumb motherfuckers in toei how much recycling they did

Kys

25 and I find it pretty fun if not a little boring at times and unimaginative, Toriyama has definitely lost his magic and it doesn't give me the same sense of wonder the original Dragonball did. I was really expecting something along the lines of that but he's lost his way.

Though the other universe concept is pretty fun if I do say so. I'm really hoping as much as I want it to be pure pottery, for Pilaf to be the final villain and he was just befriending Goku and co to learn their weaknesses so they could better themselves.

21 here
Battle of Gods Arc-Shit
Revival of Frieza Arc-Even shittier
Multiverse Tournament Arc-Tolerable.Gets better from Magetta vs Vegeta
Future Trunks Arc-Its like someone transforming from base to ssj.Hyped every weak.

Keep reposting that image in five more threads

Anything past Dragon Ball is considered, to me, junk food of anime. I don't take to deep into account the plot holes or retcons. As for Super, the Black arc is written like a teenager's fan fiction. But it's a fan fiction I enjoy.

SAIYNS MUDERFUCKER

>DRAGON DRAGON, ROCK THE DRAGON
>GRAND TOU GRAND TOU, YEA NIGGA TALK
obnoxious murrilards with their absolute shit taste I fucking swear.

Toriyama originally intended 19 and 20 to be the main villains of that saga.Then it was his editor who asked him scrap that and to introduce more villains because he felt a fatass and an grandpa don't make good villains.

YOU THINK YOU KNOW GT?
youtube.com/watch?v=OFI2iER_WQ0
YOU DON'T KNOW GT

>Every DBZ advert ever
>Always NO ONE KNOWS by Queens of the Stoneage

I mean I love the band but I can't look at that song in the same way anymore.

27 here and I only watch it since it's DB but it's just one huge disappointment after another.
a will eat this shit up anyway though.

Wish they would at least use a good art style, doesn't look like DB at all.

16, 17 and 18 would have been great villains if they had more focus on their programming to kill Goku and their relationship with each other and the Z fighters. Sadly Toriyama just introduced another take over the Galaxy villain who kills/eats them all.

I much prefer a group of antagonists working together than just the single overpowered ancient evil

Week *

I haven't looked at Super. I remember digging up and liking Dragonball's crappy manga scans back in the day, but I can't be bothered with Super.

Dragon Ball was never some masterful literary work of art. Toriyama's admitted to making shit up week by week since the end of Pilaf arc. Once you get over that, you can enjoy it for what it is. Personally I think of it as the characters being on retirement and have fun with it.

I'll address common complaints:
Art/Animation: All Toei shows look like ass, that's just something you have to live with.
No tension: It's exactly the same way in the manga. You only felt "tension" because the anime wasted dozens of episodes on nothing while you were watching it on a weekly basis.
Characters acting dumber than usual: All Toei's fault since it's not that way in the monthly manga.

20, got into Dragon Ball when i was 15
DB>Z>Super>GT
BoG was top solid movie
RoF was unnecessary really, SSB is top solid form however
Retelling of movies worst Dragon Ball material in its lifetime
Tournament was pretty chill, I enjoyed it
New Future arc is some of the best shit I have seen in years, other than the lackluster off-model animation i can't say many bad things about it
The manga is my canon though, if the super manga gets a physical english release i'll probably disregard the anime

Don't understand all the hate super gets. Is it a culture shock thing? Is it because it's in japanese and doesn't have faulconer that so many idiots seem to shit on it? It's really not all that different from Z outside of worse animation.

No, the android arc was the worst.

What culture shock thing retard, that makes no sense
Only normies like super and Z is worlds different than this garbage

It keeps a consistent tone with the japanese verison of Z. I think all you retards only watched the dub and are just thrown off by the JP version of the show.

Nah, Cell saga is crap, just a Freiza saga copy but with Gohan

That's one of the things, Z wasn't too great compared to DB, and Super is more or less Z but uglier

How?

So what are the chances Vegeta has basically just fucked over Cabba's home planet by teaching him SSJ then he'll probably teach him SSJ to the saiyans there, they'll fight over dominance due to greed and more than likely destroy themselves.

20 here, never really adored DB but for whatever reason I'm enjoying the hell out of this deeply flawed trash. Why?

I don't understand how anyone who has read Dragonball can like DBZ.

Who fucking cares, you don't need to make constant threads to moan about it. Fuck off and watch something else already

i don't understand how anyone over 20 can watch anime

If you have two screen and watch both sagas at the same time you realize it's literally the same thing but with Gohan.

If you say so