5 Centimeters Per Second

WHY DOES THAT ENDING HURT SO MUCH!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AyOHcd-gvbg
bato.to/comic/_/comics/5-centimeters-per-second-r345
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I recommend watching Chrono Crusade to get over the hurt user

YOU'RE MAKING IT WORSE!

I don't know what to tell you, dude. The MC finally ended up letting go the thing that was ruining his life for the last decade.

It's realistic. You don't end up with the girl is a truism.

You're a sick man

It was boring yet realistic depiction of what you should do in that situation. No fantasy bullshit, no happy endings, just move on.

I hated it, it was lame but I can appreciate what it tried to do and it did it very well. I guess the scene emotionally hit those who deep down feel the need to move on but can't.

fuck the ending.
pic rel is where it hurts

The fuck. The ending was bitter sweet. The guy clearly made the best decision of his life. He hated his job, things didn't go well with his current gf and hasn't yet let go of the past. But that changed. You should be happy for him.

I am, but him saying that he's 20-something and he lost everything that was beautiful, hit so close to home that I needed to go for a smoke.

He's way too young to be spouting shit like that. Try 10 or 15 years later.

>not liking happy endings

He should look her up on Facebook. What a dork.

Don't worry, surfer girl meets him again later.

I don't care. I'm 28 and I could relate to those words

>he hasn't been unhappy for long enough so he shouldn't complain that he is not happy

I wouldn't mind the sad ending, if they gave us a good reason as to why they couldn't stay in touch, but it was literally just MC being a giant pussy bitch and not calling her or sending messages.

Clearly, she wasn't that important to him, and neither was him to her.

wasn't it shown that she stopped sending mails?

People grow distant user and the more years you spend not trying to close that distance the harder it becomes to do so.

That i can understand, but the idea is that he wasn't making an effort, he typed messages, but never sent then, as if he was scared of the result.

It just feels kinda insulting to me of a reason, since my sister and her husband both had to go long distance for a good 4 years, but they never stopped calling each other, and now they're together.

If he was THAT hung up over her, he could have made a bigger effort instead of being scared of sending messages.

I watched this the other day and even though I knew the ending was coming, I still thought it was abrupt.

The hard truth is that their young childhood infatuation was never as strong as he thought it was, and it was time to let it go.

One More Time, One More Chance!

youtube.com/watch?v=AyOHcd-gvbg

Nope. Time waits for no one.

Because he stopped sending them first. He couldn't communicate or work towards making the relationship work. People get sick of being the only ones to initiate.

It doesn't if you read the manga, like you're supposed to. I have no idea why they didn't animate the real ending. It would have so much of a heavier impact. But I suppose the movie would be too 'mature' if they'd included it.

Because you wanted to have an "anime-like" story just once in your life but in reality, a really normal problem with a simple solution.
Stop projecting so hard.

What happened in the end again? I think I fell asleep before reaching it

this

And what exactly is this?

The part that the movie didn't cover.
The Poem of the Sky and the Sea.
bato.to/comic/_/comics/5-centimeters-per-second-r345
The only part that really matters, in the end.