Be honest, Sup Forums

Be honest, Sup Forums.
You did not expect a Pokemon series to end with the girl actually winning Ash.

She didn't win shit, he didn't even react.

I did not expect Pokemon series to go on for 20 years.

Really?

Starry eyes, user.

yeah, really.
Just how many other series from late 90s are still ongoing?

One Piece, Detective Conan, Chibi Maruko-chan, Sazae-san, Doraemon, Anpanman, Nintama Rantaro and Crayon Shin-chan, for starters.
All 9 are among the most watched anime series in Japan.

>in Japan.
off the point tho'.
None of that other stuff aired in west at the time. Dragon Ball was a big exception.

What does the west have to do with anything?

And Ash leaned forward when Latias kissed him in the movie. What's your point?

the fact that most of this site's users are westerner, that anime wasn't a mainstream thing in late 90s just yet, and that shows and trends used to go out of fashion fairly quickly in general ?

Come on, user.

I still don't get what you're going for. Is it just that you didn't expect a show to go on for so long because you were an uninformed kid that didn't know what you do now?

How i
Howdid she win, she will probably never meet Ash again after this, she may get a cameo if you are lucky during sun and moon, but she is honestly no different than any other girl that traveled with ash and then left.
If she actually stayed and came with him too school I would have agreed with you.
I asked someone in an another thread, but they just kept telling me it is a big deal and I just don't understand.

Ash won da Serena. We still don't know how Ash feels about her. Maybe in the future Cameo i hope

Arguing with shippers is no use, sadly. Even if you throw good arguments against them, they won't change their opinions.

Just let them be for a while. When S/M starts hopefully they'll tone down.

At the very least Ash considers Serena a friend, and from the way he reacted it seems that's the way it is. If anything, it was Clemont and Bonnie who were surprised about the whole matter.

Besides, if Ash did like Serena, he probably would have called Serena back and told her at that moment not to leave, rather than letting her go away.

How many threads are you going to spew your salt about this in, tripfag?

>gave a single offscreen kiss and then disappeared into oblivion never to be seen again like all the other girls before her
>winning

But I am a shipperag too, but you can't be this delusional about what winning is.
I gues nice that it got some aknowledgement and that it got some closure unlike 5ds for example, but this is in no way winning.

Why does care about Serena? She barely even battles.

I'm not being salty, I'm telling the facts.

She's a qt

Because she's cute and has a cute personality? Serena herself is good, it's her fanbase that ruins her: her fanbase is just as bad if not worse than Misty's.

For what purpose they did thid if they were going to put her in a bus, like with everyone

The popularity of shows in the West has nothing to do with their continuation in Japan. Your point is irrelevant, ESL-kun.

was meant for >At the very least Ash considers Serena a friend,
That literally means nothing, because Ash considers almost everybody he meets during his journey his friends.
You would have to actively antagonize him and be evil like team rocket and the other evil groups for him to not consider someone his friend.

She had this subplot throughout XY where she had a crush on Ash. The kiss I guess was supposed to be her confession and was intended to put closure to that subplot.

I meant to say Ash only considers Serena as a friend and not something more than a friend. In fact, the only girl he ever canonically had a crush on/was attracted to was Giselle and even then it was only for an episode.

You know, anons...

Can I just be lazy at the moment and link to the actual reaction threads from when this happened so you'll see how people genuinely feel about this? I have a feeling this thread is just going to get filled with tripfag revisionist history and damage control:

Just read through these thread to see how people actually DID feel about and react to this. It was a really fucking huge deal.

Ash needs to age. This staying 10 bs is fucked. I want him to be older fucking bitches and getting that gym dough.

>"Serena was a mistake"
>-Kunihiko Yuyama

It's posts like these that make you really thankful he doesn't.

There are slight reasons to believe they might age him to 11 next arc

You sound quite desperate to have your assumptions be considered facts.

Pretty sure it's the shippers who are trying to force Amour down people's throats, though.

Besides, the Amour-pandering director is leaving the show anyway. Good riddance, /padt/ worshipped him way too much.

>the Amour-pandering director is leaving the show anyway
Oh really? I didn't like the amour thing much either honestly, but that is quite a blow, XY was still pretty much the best season yet. Only thing that would have made it perfect was if Ash had more personality.

You might want to tone down the "stop discussing what I don't like" attitude a bit if you don't want to look like a mountain of salt.

The director of XY is stepping down, but his replacement was episode director/storyboarder on several of XY's best received episodes, many of which pushed the love subplot.

I haven't been following pokemon after ash lost. What are you guys talking about?

Here's a tip, tripfag, but using terms like"Amour-pandering director" and saying you're happy he's leaving does not in any way make you look anything but assmad the show introduced a romance subplot.

Easy on the damage control now.

Watch the webm in the OP. Serena confessed to Ash and we got a kiss. And some tripshit is being really assmad someone other than Misty won

I was very happy that Serena kissed Ash, but man the amount of "Serena won!" posts and "Amour is canon!" posts on both /vp/ and Sup Forums was so much that it became annoying.

I just want S/M to start already so that /padt/ can move on to other things. It's a shame /padt/ has mostly been Amour talk and shitposting, considering that there's a lot of cool stuff that S/M is teasing and it seems it could be interesting, at least initially.

What am I supposed to read?
All I am seeing is just people getting hyped and people who say that it means nothing get called a salty kasumi/mistyfag

So I as right and it's literally just "Stop talking about things I don't like Stop enjoying things! Stop being happy about something cool happening!"

It's like you've never seen a fan reaction explosion before.

What on earth are you talking about? His episodes focused mostly on the 'actions', as well as friendship and hot-blooded rivalries.

And then he goes to a new region and she s nver mentioned again outside of a cameo episode.
Why the fuck do you retards still watch Pokemon?

The amount of people being hyped and happy about it, really.
Lately there's been a rather huge amount of damage control trying to claim it was just some autistic minority that was happy about this and that "most people" think this means nothing, which wasn't exactly the case.

He did XY60, the haircut episode that ended with Serena incorporating the gift ribbon from Ash in her new outfit, and XY&Z28, the argument episode.
Those were two of the episode that pushed the romance angle the most in an actual serious manner, unlike the more comedic tone in episodes like the dance party.

You just ignored 99% of the episode to focus on that one scene. Nevermind the fact that he, of all people at the time, could not have any direct control over the plot since it involved changing a character's design, and that's not mentioning the fact that he wasn't in charge of episode 28. Otherwise, in all of the other episodes that he directed, it was mainly 'bro's before ho's', hot-blooded rivalries and comedic scenes , which fits SM's ascetics very well.

>that's not mentioning the fact that he wasn't in charge of episode 28
He was the storyboarder.

I would be more surprised about it actually ending to be honest.

>Starry Eyes

I might not be the biggest fan of Serena, I think her character arc was utterly boring, pointless and was just their to rake in the Aikatsu audience's money and her shipping was pandering to the Amourfags. Also it came off as really creepy.

I have to give them credit for going with Serena's goodbye scene, but like always it won't matter as we likely won't see her or be mentioned ever again save for a special guest spot.

Forgot your trip there.

First off, say if the episode # is from XY, or from the second season because having to translate xyz# in xy# is annoying. Secondly, that entire episode is about friendship and respect more than shipping. In all of ther episodes that he directed, it had Serena having feeling of admiration and respect for Ash, nevermind the fact that the episode in question was mainly about Ash, Greninja, and their bond. In fact, it also features Ash and Pikachu's bond as well.

How long did this season last compared to BW?

Serena won, but why are people (which I'm honestly believing are shitposting at this point) still making threads about it?

There was one just yesterday about "Hall of Anal Devastation".

>say if the episode # is from XY, or from the second season
>and XY&Z28, the argument episode.
Literally what he did, user.

>Serena won

Yeah, just saw that. I was mixing up that episode # with the ribbon episode #, and gotten confused.

OP here, I was not here yesterday (or Saturday) and don't know how many threads there's been about it. If there's been a lot, I assume it's because people are happy and celebrating? This happened just a few days ago, it's hardly abnormal for there to be threads for a few days.

>having to translate xyz# in xy# is annoying
Why would you want to do THAT?

I addressed that already, I mixed up what he meant and gotten confused when the the episode # weren't matching up. No need to repeat that.

>they go with kiss, eye gimmering, and the director essentially coming out and saying it
(You)

Archives are a thing.

The thread from yesterday did not have anything in the OP text that would identify it as a Pokemon thread in the archives.

The thread from yesterday had the same animation asking for a hall of anal devastation, it's pretty fucking obvious it would end up being a Pokemon thread.

A-user, the archives don't show the OP pics.

Tomioka wrote the last XY episode and he's been around since episode 3 was the series director for DP and wrote most of the important episodes of AG.

The entire anime staff considers Ash/Serena endgame, not just the XY director.

Tomioka was head writer for a while. Not series director.

>The entire anime staff considers Ash/Serena endgame, not just the XY director.
Hyperbole much?

>It's like you've never seen a fan reaction explosion before.
Just because it happened efore doesn't make it any less cringey or annoying

Tomioka's been with the show since Kanto, his first episode was episode 3, Ash capturing Caterpie.

And while he wasn't the director, he was basically decided the entire direction of the anime from late Johto throughout DP. He wrote almost all the most important episodes of AG, and all the major plots of DP. He was the key handler in May and Dawn and the Contest arcs, Paul, the villain teams, the pokemon the main cast had.

Every major change after Johto was because of Tomioka.

He's not exaggerating that much when most of the writers threw in stuff for Ash/Serena and even Sugimori and Masuda were jumping on it by messing with figures/retweting some stuff on occasion.

This isn't really the kind of thing you can have a staff disagreeing with each other about. Writing doesn't work like that.

I also imagine Serena's crush was a way to revive interest in the anime after BW, they knew they had to do something big.

Sadly with S/M on the horizon I guess it doesn't matter much anymore though.

Same length, 3 years. Series last as long as a game generation does.

He said entire anime staff, not just the writers. Unless you managed to get tweets, posts, emails, whatever from every single one of them saying they support the ship, it is incredibly hyperbole.

Do you really think the 30+ year olds working on the pokemon anime would be that against the main character paired up with a female girl?

Do you think they care when they're getting paid, probably find it cute, or whatever?

Considering you can't even get a full consensus from the fan base, consider me skeptical you can find everyone in the anime company, top to bottom, to support a ship that was created for this specific season.

What the hell kind of reason would someone working on a show that has a cute romance subplot that ends with the girl winning the boy have to NOT support it?

Dunno, ask the IchiRuki shippers that worked on the Bleach anime. Or the Narusaku shippers in Naruto.

The only fans that are really AGAINST it are angry tumblrcunts that hate how it crashed with their hedcanon and normalfags that haven't watched the show for ages and thought Misty was still part of the group until this week, though.
There was hype explosions everywhere, and Japanese Twitter in particular is still on about it. This scene was extremely positively received.

It's kind of hard getting a "full consensus" from a fan base when the girl that got it wasn't the girl they wanted.

>Narusaku shippers in Naruto
I thought Studio Pierrot was Pro-Hinata.

That'a some generalization you've got going on there. You want to insert the word salty in there while you're at it?

Not all of them. Look, let's be honest here. As of now, you're the one that's trying to defend a huge claim here (entire anime studio). Even you have to know how absurd of a position it is to defend. A majority, a good amount, over half? Believable. The entire company? Not so much.

>huge amount of damage control trying to claim it was just some autistic minority that was happy about this and that "most people" think this means nothing, which wasn't exactly the case.
but user, just because people make a big deal out of something doesn't mean it actually is a big deal just look at mayoiga.

There's seriously not a whole lot other reasons to not want the main girl and main guy to get together at the end of their romance arc beyond "but I wanted him with this other girl", and considering this is the only such subplot they've had, those people are going to be people overly into a specific personal headcanon pairing that never existed in the actual show.

I didn't claim the entire studio, what I said was most of the writers, I'd also say most of the animators when they threw things and some of the big guys at GF.

All I said was that it isn't that much of an exaggeration.

For the record prior to Amour, the most popular Ash ship in Japan was Pearlshipping. Misty is a non-entity over there, and May was canonly paired with Drew.

From what I see on the Japanese sites even most Japan Pearlshippers are fine with Amourshipping. They pair Ash with both girls over there.

What the fuck is "Pearlshipping"?

And yet there are. Looking over at some of the posts, the amourshippers basically lumped everyone against it into one single salty group.

SatoHika.

I'm sure there were people against Naruhina for reasons beyond "muh Sakura" too, but let's be real, that's who the majority of the whining came from.

After all, this is a result of not giving up.

You should have gotten a get that day.

>May was canonly paired with Drew.

Kinda salty about that, especially after the Manaphy movie and the half ribbon.

That was actually a very clever idea by the producers. Don't show a kiss, just imply it.

Yeah she probably spat in his face