Dragonball super thread

Canonfags keep it restricted

Other urls found in this thread:

kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/
animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
kanzenshuu.com/2016/09/30/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-collectors-edition-to-include-bonus-toyotaro-manga/
db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html
kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32985&p=1037773&hilit=Bardock&sid=9b3346ef8ab928042c75fe6f92f74c05#p1037773
youtube.com/watch?v=oiqT3XdJBMQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anime
kanzenshuu.com/2016/05/09/future-trunks-arc-announced-dragon-ball-super/
>I write an outline of the entire plot, then the script writers break it up into episodes, expanding on things, changing things around, or adding in new bits as need be.
Even I haven’t checked the final script yet.
Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-introduction/
>I had put Dragon Ball behind me, but seeing how much that live-action film ticked me off, and how I revised that script for the anime movie and complained about the quality of the TV anime, I suppose somewhere along the line it’s become a series I like too much to ever leave alone.
Manga
kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-web-version/
>Speaking of the manga, I want to ask you two about how you put the manga together. I hear Toriyama-sensei checks the storyboards for each chapter.
Toriyama: That’s right.
>Back when Toriyama-sensei was drawing the manga, the animators would use his manga panels as reference, imitating the composition and things like that. And now it seems that the animators are likewise using Toyotaro-sensei‘s manga as reference.
>Toriyama: Oh, that’s good! That should keep them on track!

So far Dragon Ball Super has followed Toriyama-sensei‘s plot, but I think it might be interesting for Toyotarō-sensei to become more involved with the story-writing process from here on out!
Toriyama:
Good idea!! I bet it’ll make it more interesting to include Toyotarō-sensei‘s original ideas.
Toyotarō:
T-That’s so much pressure… (sweat). But I think it’ll be really cool to help Dragon Ball someday reach its final chapter.
Toriyama:
Oh, that’s good! People will go “Wow, Toriyama-sensei planned it all out from the beginning!” and I’ll look really cool (laughs).

You know they won't

I wish they would

kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-manga-vol-1-tori-toyo-interview-book-version/
>I’m really grateful to you. I never thought an artist like you would come along to draw the continuation of my story!

animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-10-26/dragon-ball-super-toyotarou/.107579
>Every month, I'll create a storyboard for him to review, and then he'll give me input and suggest changes. When I'm working with Toriyama, there are many portions he gives me props for coming up with, but he is very particular about other things and always points them out for me to correct. And when he corrects me, I think “Wow, I guess I don't completely understand the way he looks at things,” so his corrections and feedback are incredibly accurate and helpful. It's a lot of fun to be able to get closer to his way of thinking
-Toyotaro

kanzenshuu.com/2016/09/30/dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-collectors-edition-to-include-bonus-toyotaro-manga/

“A message from Akira Toriyama”
>I’ve been drawing manga less often these days, so Toyotaro has has taken up the mantle of drawing Dragon Ball. I still contribute the basic ideas, but Toyotaro’s wonderful skills allow the Dragon Ball universe to be brought back to life in the present.
-Akira Toriyama

and off by one

Stop making DB threads unless it's the weekend. There's nothing that people to discuss so it all turns into the usual shitflinging.

You know they gonna take over this whole thread.
Just look at the autistic manga samefag.

The hype is too strong to limit it on the weekend only. even though dragonball threads are mostly garbage its still the best on Sup Forums.

>quoting Toriyama is now considering "autistic"
how low will Toeishills go?

who the fuck cares about anime/manga.
it's fucking autistic because you keep doing the same shit over and over again you retard.

What hype? There ain't shit to talk about. Any legit points of discussion get shot down in favor of the usual crap.

These threads are better Fri-Sun, just before, during, and after a new episode of Super.

friendly reminder that nothing past the first dragonball tournament saga is canon

why even bother being here if you dont like it.
just go.

It doesnt matter because at the end of the day there will always be enough people who want to discuss about it.

Nothing beyond The Adventures of Tongpoo is canon.

i'm not even the same guy that posted these quotes with the pictures, I'm here to set things right with correct information and transparency so we don't get the Toeishills fucking up our thread on a threadly basis.

You're all as bad as each other

you just fucked this thread by being a an autistic mangafag. just enjoy the franchise and keep the cancer to yourself.

>Complains about animefags shitposting
>Is the greatest shitposter
The retard level is too damn high with this guy

Canon:
Movie where Bardock is first super saiyan
Movie where Chiaotzu is emperor of China
Bio-Broly movie
DBGT anime
DBAF manga

The anime and manga have separate canons, and there's nothing wrong with preferring certain aspects from either one, Toei's awfulness aside.

>quoting transparent Toriyama quotations makes me the "greatest shitposter"
you're not even trying.

>keep the cancer to yourself.
tell that to the Toeishills that ruin every thread.

The last episode had me at the absolute edge of my seat. I haven't been this excited about a show in years.

In 3 sentences, Why do you hate Gohan?
>Fucking cry baby.
>Neeerd
>Wasted potential

The mafuba and fusion were hype, the rest of the episode was a bit dull for me

can you shut the fuck up about the whole manga vs anime bullshit and move the fuck on
you narrow minded faggot.

Why did Gohan become irrelevant but trunks didnt? Seems kinda dumb to throw aside a beloved character

gonna post this everytime a Toeishill ruins the thread and you can't stop me dipshit.

more?

>That agonizing Zamasu scream when he got Mafuba'd
>Remember turtle had to go though this shit for hours

> People will go “Wow, Toriyama-sensei planned it all out from the beginning!” and I’ll look really cool

Does this man not realize how fuckin cool he already is?

Haha the manga isn't canon

instead of discussing manga vs anime, let's discuss the 30th year anniversary Shonen Jump's "Official Timeline" and how people will argue with it's problems:
>raw:
db30th.com/into/into_nenpyo.html
>Herms translations
kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32985&p=1037773&hilit=Bardock&sid=9b3346ef8ab928042c75fe6f92f74c05#p1037773

oh boy here we go again.
(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)(You)

>bardock going to the past is canon.
Kakarot (Son Goku) is born. Freeza wages war against the Saiyans. Although Kakarot's father Bardock holds out against Freeza until the end, he is thrown into the world of the past by the explosion of Planet Vegeta.

disgusting there was no * that it indicates that it is anime only... why did they think making that shit canon is good?

seems like that is the biggest topic of debate.

i don't like this site.
if it ain't from shueisha count me out of it.

I believe it's from the VJump website which is part of Shueisha. it says copyright by Bird Studio and Shueisha at the bottom.

where the animefag at from the last thread who said that not everything that has toryiama as an author is canon hahahahaha
btfo

$$$$

>no mention of GT
GTfags BTFO!

Does anyone here with a brain can actually enjoy this crap being canon?
This is just pure nonsensical fanservice.
How does bardock even have his armor .even in the manga panel bardock's armor was busted.

>Powerlevel of 10.000 is able to survive a planet busting attack that even opens up a hole in the dimension.
Wew lad.
Next thing you know bardock lives long enough to become the first ssgod.

Oh fuck no... if this continues xenoverse plot might become canon too.

>Bibidi creates Majin Boo
>nothing else happens after that until Goku is born

you do know toryiama wrote the plot outline for dragonball online. he also designed mira,towa,timepatrol trunks and "masked guy".

>Does anyone here with a brain can actually enjoy this crap being canon?
i haven't put too much thought into it and it wont really bother me until they start referencing it in the manga or anime.

They're all dead or defeated now anyway.

The Dragon Ball series creator Akira Toriyama has a great deal of creative control over the project, both contributing to and supervising the story and art design, including character and location arrangements.It has been stated that Toriyama has been working on character designs for this project for the last five years before 2008.

Just a matter of time

Why Gohan sucks so much? His only badass self is fucking dead and being molested by ghosts girls.

Toriyama really is out of his mind...

this shit doesn't even make sense why are they trying to force this crap on us.
this is gt level of garbage except now its considered canon. minus all over again.

Xenoverse=\= dragonball online

Is it possible that neither are canon and Toyotaro and Toei are simply steering the story into their own direction? Toriyama even took a few basic ideas from Toei to create the Black arc.

Why fight over one versus the other?

user doesn't matter anymore.
its all the same now.

tell me who is the author hahahaha

I'm not fighting one versus the other, matter of fact most of us mangafags distinctly state that both mediums have their own respective continuities.
I think you're thinking of Toeishills that purposefully incite hate by stating nonsense such as "manga is just promotional shit for anime dumb toyblefags" etc

>That agonizing Zamasu scream when he got Mafuba'd
Well, he's immortal, and he was suffering more because some ningens were going to seal him

guess it's official.
bardock is the first ssj but now the question remains who is the original ssgod.

time breaker vegeta

Someone of the vegeta bloodline

>be immortal
>get sealed by mere NINGENS to suffer for all eternity
I would scream like a little bitch too to be honest.

>bardock is the first ssj but now
would he be /our/ first SSJ or would he have created a divergent timeline where he was known as the first SSJ?

I've seen people say that the DB Super manga is canon alongside the original manga, BoG, etc.

>would he be /our/ first SSJ or would he have created a divergent timeline where he was known as the first SSJ?

bruh could it be that the first time traveller that they talked about in the super manga is bardock...
can you feel the xenoverse? BOI

>bruh could it be that the first time traveller that they talked about in the super manga is bardock...
Unlikely considering they specifically stated he was from Universe 12.

Why do people and in universe keep saying that Gohan has massive potential?

That little faggot has had his full potential cheated out twice and he has still not reached a level pre god Vegeta and Goku haven't exceeded.

He was literally given two powerups that superceded years of training and he still didn't do anything impressive. Can you imagine if Vegeta or Goku cheated out gains like that?

>I've seen people say that the DB Super manga is canon alongside the original manga, BoG, etc.
it's just as canon as Toei's tv show if not more because it actually gets reviewed and has oversight by Big T himself.

you thought akira designed this guy for promotion?
Guess what we canon now.

>Trying to make sense of the continuity and canon in a gag series

All this fanfic garbage is getting canon.
Just fuck my shit up. Toryiama always fucks up when he tries to do somethign with bardock.
Minus/Online/origin of the ssj

Don't think he cared either, he was literally printing money without doing anything.

Its because most people enjoyed the bardock special but thats not how toryiama sees him as a character. So everytime he tries to use him people hate it because it isnt toei bardock.

I'm still not sure how, since isn't writing it, just overseeing it. He has overseen non canon material before.

example being Toriyama provides concept art for non canon characters often, I'm not sure how super's anime or manga are any different just because he also provides a very loose and malleable outline.

>30th year anniversary
>Dragon Ball Animation 30th Anniversary

youtube.com/watch?v=oiqT3XdJBMQ

Cannot wait

>I'm still not sure how, since isn't writing it,
he is writing the manuscript/"Plot Outlines" for [Super] though.

bardock being the oirginal ssj is canon though.
so chilled is canon.

Chilled is canon now though.
Bardock going back in time is included in the official timeline.

>People STILL don't understand that there are two separate continuities and not 1 (one) canon
I have literally never seen this type of discussion for anything outside of Dragon Ball, Naruto, and other similar long-running action series.

Is there even a Human able to beat him?

>Have to wait 2 episodes for vegetto to appear
>Will only be a fusion last second
>Will finally get to see him on 3rd episode

Fuck this is such a long wait

>[Super]
Why brackets?

did you even bother readinganime exclusive moments got*
the one with bardock going back in time hasn't and that was never mentionned in the original manga besides the one toryiama did with ooishi

became a habbit since I had to quote the official announcement page from VJump where they put it in brackets.
It's just a ltitle emphasis stating that I'm referring to the franchise as a whole and not just the TV or manga adaptations.

>besides the one toryiama did with ooishi
So it WAS mentioned. I don't see your point.

friendly reminder that dragonball minus is canon.

My point is Chilled is canon.

vegito being so disgustingly OP is great

I wasn't arguing what is or isn't, just that there isn't OTC.

> canonfags keep it restricted
When will you learn OP.
You cant get rid of cancer.

we're having a great canon discussion without toeishills or memers like you butting in just fine.

>canon discussion
>great

(You)

Goku is going to fuck up the fusion by forgetting which ear to put the earring on. screencap this

No, he will miss catching it and then be absorbed by Super Zamasu

>official timeline

well does Toriyama acknowledge episode of Bardock at all? He only seems to reference/answer lore questions about his original manga/BoG/RoF/Jaco.